3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Jacque9999 05-05-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2728093)
Popping in early this morning simply to say Good Morning all! Early riser and an early exerciser..the only time I really have time to get on the treadmill, is before all my boys get up in the morning. ;) You ladies have a fantastic day. :)

I'm like you..early, VERY early riser...already been to the gym for an hour!!!

Delphi 05-05-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacque9999 (Post 2728137)
I'm like you..early, VERY early riser...already been to the gym for an hour!!!

Indeed! I feel so much better throughout the days when I get up early. I did manage to rig up my treadmill so I managed to get a thirty minute walk uphill in this morning and man, my butt feels good. :lol:

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]

Jacqui_D 05-05-2009 08:21 AM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 4 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily

Jacqui_D 05-05-2009 08:34 AM

Ilike, that's fine! Some people do it like that. Others move their posts. Whichever works best for you! :)

Adaem, glad to see you chickie!! Great job on the 2 miles and gardening!! Keep it up! :cp:

Hi FSA :wave: Way to rack up those minutes, girlie!! :yes:

Cake, great job on the 2 1/2 miles and push-ups!! Good for you!! :carrot:

Ican!! That is so great that you are about to be finished with your papers!! What a weight that will be off your shoulders! I am sending you :goodvibes! And way to get your exercise in girl!! :cp:

Jacque and Delphi, wow! You girls are early risers! It's so great to see how committed you are to getting your daily exercise in!! Great job!! :carrot:

Good morning and good rest of the day to all our ladies!! :wave:

TERAPET 05-05-2009 01:44 PM

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th
May 6th
May 7th

Jacqui_D 05-05-2009 02:16 PM

TERAPET!!!! I am SO sorry!! :o Somehow I missed putting you on the list!! I didn't have you on this list or the weight loss challenge list!! I think I just assumed I already had you on there, 'cause, of course, you're one of "our" girls!! :hug: I am so sorry!! I have you on both lists now! And by the way, you're doing great on those minutes! :)

Newshinyme 05-05-2009 03:11 PM

I actually managed to start my workout early today, and I actually like that. I think I might make an effort and wake up earlier than usual from now on.

May 1st: 45 min free step and stability ball workout.
May 2: Off
May 3: Off
May 4: 20 min free step and 15 min. ball workout = 35 min
May 5: 10 min. free step and 30 min. weight loss yoga = 40 min.

Jacqui_D 05-05-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newshinyme (Post 2728997)
I actually managed to start my workout early today, and I actually like that. I think I might make an effort and wake up earlier than usual from now on.

May 1st: 45 min free step and stability ball workout.
May 2: Off
May 3: Off
May 4: 20 min free step and 15 min. ball workout = 35 min
May 5: 10 min. free step and 30 min. weight loss yoga = 40 min.

NSM, I like to exercise early too (although not as early as Jacque and Delphi, lol), but I've gone a little later the last few days. And I've found it kind of throws my days off when I go later like that. I definitely like the earlier time, and it makes me feel like I've kick-started my metabolism for the day! :)

iDream 05-05-2009 10:21 PM

Good evening ladies! Wow, look at all of you go!! Woo hoo! It's awesome to see all of your workouts posted! I wonder how many collective hours we've worked out? Ooh, can you just imagine how many we'll do by the end of the month? Whew! :)

Okay, here's my update:

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body (Includes Abs), 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th
May 7th

Thanks for the suggestions about splitting up my cardio. After thinking about it and weighing the pros and cons of waking up early--I've decided that I need all the sleep I can get and working out after the kids go to be not only allows for a little bit more sleep, but it's a really great way for me to de-stress after a long day of twin two year olds, an active kindergartener and a full of energy 8 year old (not to mention the hubby ;)). :) I do all of my strength training in the morning though, that way I'm not staying up until 10:00 working out, plus it's cute to see the little ones doing the exercises with me. :)

Hope everyone had a fantastic day!

Delphi 05-06-2009 07:29 AM

Good Morning Ladies! :hug: Everyone remember to smile today, have a great day and keep up the good work.

As usual, got up early, except this morning all my boys started rolling out of bed early. However, I still managed to get in my work out. I hit a milestone, I actually cranked my treadmill up to 4mph and actually jogged.:carrot::carrot::carrot: Granted it was no more than a minute...but hey, I DID IT!!

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]

Jacque9999 05-06-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2729861)
[plan on doing some DDR today so I'll update later]

STILL learning acronyms...what is DDR?

Delphi 05-06-2009 08:04 AM

@ Jacque9999 ~ Well for me it is Dance Dance Revolution for the xbox 360, although I think it is multiplatform, meaning it is available for the Wii and playstation as well. I'm not very good at it, but it does do the job for me even on the basic settings.

iDream 05-06-2009 09:20 AM

Delphi ~ Woo hoo!!! That's awesome! I am still at around 3.7 and there's no jogging going on. LOL Congrats on the new milestone! And I so know what you mean about the kids rolling out of bed early. I made it a point to wake up at 6:30 yesterday so that I could squeeze in a workout before the boys had to be up (7:00) and one of the girls was up and out of bed by 6:35! She usually sleeps in until at least 7:00. Stinker. It's like she *knew* I was out of bed and planning on doing something that required no kids. LOL (my treadmill is in our unfinished basement and it's not exactly 'kid friendly' right now).

Anyway, keep up the great work and have a great day! :)

Delphi 05-06-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 (Post 2730018)
Delphi ~ Woo hoo!!! That's awesome! I am still at around 3.7 and there's no jogging going on. LOL Congrats on the new milestone! And I so know what you mean about the kids rolling out of bed early. I made it a point to wake up at 6:30 yesterday so that I could squeeze in a workout before the boys had to be up (7:00) and one of the girls was up and out of bed by 6:35! She usually sleeps in until at least 7:00. Stinker. It's like she *knew* I was out of bed and planning on doing something that required no kids. LOL (my treadmill is in our unfinished basement and it's not exactly 'kid friendly' right now).

Anyway, keep up the great work and have a great day! :)

Well believe me when I say it didn't last long. :lol: However, I've found that I can only move comfortable at 3.0 right now, I'm hopeful that I can get these legs to move a little faster further down the road.

Now my boys, usually don't get up until six and I get up at four, so seeing them pop up around five was astonishing. But at least they have that deer in the headlights look that early... so it definitely takes them a good thirty minutes to wake up fully.

strawberryeyes 05-06-2009 11:20 AM

i would also like to join i really need something like that for motivation my plan is to do at least 30 mins of exercise daily

May 1st n
May 2nd o
May 3rd n
May 4th e :devil:
May 5th ------
May 6th
May 7th

May 8th
May 9th
May 10th
May 11th
May 12th