3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Jacque9999 05-23-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2753304)
Joci, that is so great that your daughter is scheduling around bootcamp! It's sounds like she is definitely going to stick with it! Yay! And your exercise regimen has been incredible! Your buddies probably couldn't keep up with you, lol!

Actually the one is sort of. She overslept one of the 3 days of boot camp. The other, after excuse after excuse of not getting with it, she actually is very sick and has bronchitis and pneumonia. Total is the first day she is feeling sort of better. She hasn't been to work in over a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2753327)
Jacqui ~ Yes, feeling much better! I've started the cut back today. I already feel less bloated today. I've been watching my sodium intake as well, and I am not exceeding it, so I'm positive that wasn't it. I'll let you know in a few days. I'm still not hungry, but we shall see. All the stuff I read seemed to indicate that too much water can in fact cause bloating and retention. It can also, wash away much needed minerals and vitamins. Which I find baffling. Here I was, a slave to diet coke and not one day went by where I actually drank a glass of water and now, I'm supposedly drinking too much? Sheesh! :lol:

Glad you're feeling better.

TERAPET 05-23-2009 06:28 PM

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th-60 min body sculpt class
May 6th-60 min Zumba; 60 min Yoga
May 7th-60 min step class

May 8th-30 mins treadmill (4.4)
May 9th-75 mins step class
May 10th-75 mins step class
May 11th-60 mins step; 60 min Yoga
May 12th-60 mins body sculpt class
May 13th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga
May 14th-60 mins step

May 15th-0
May 16th-75 mins step class
May 17th-0
May 18th-0
May 19th-0
May 20th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga
May 21st-60 mins step; 60 mins Yoga

May 22nd-0
May 23rd-75 mins step

Made it through the graduation last night. We are so happy for DD. Next on the agenda is the trip to Omaha. Doesn't look like I will be making goal. It depends if I have time to do anything when I am In Omaha. I did not really count on missing so many days prior to the grad party. Oh well. I am so happy for the three day weekend. We have a few grad parties to attend but otherwise I can catch up on housework and get ready for the trip.

Jacqui_D 05-23-2009 06:50 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising--MET GOAL!!
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 470 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track--MET GOAL!!; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jayagoddess: Exercise regularly
Blueridgegirl: Do weight training routine twice a week

Jacqui_D 05-23-2009 07:24 PM

Joci, oh my!! I do send your daughter get well wishes!! Bronchitis and pneumonia, wow!! I'm so glad she is feeling better! :yes:

Terapet, congrats getting through graduation!! It's such a hectic time, but you made it! Hopefully, you'll have a stress-free, super great time on your trip! Now, if I've added your minutes up correctly, you've completed 1440 minutes (75 min X 6 = 450 min + 60 min x 16 = 960 min + 30 min = 1440 min!), which means you have only 360 minutes out of your 1800-minute goal left to go!! That's only 45 minutes of walking each day between tomorrow and next Sunday! C'mon, girl, you can do it!!! Just walk for 15 minutes after each meal for those 8 days and you'll have it!! I know you can do it!! You're so close to your goal!! :cheer:

Jacque9999 05-24-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2753642)
Joci, oh my!! I do send your daughter get well wishes!! Bronchitis and pneumonia, wow!! I'm so glad she is feeling better! :yes:

You misunderstood me, my daughter is fine....one of my workout buddies is sick. She is the one who for weeks had one excuse after another why she didn't work out, or didn't eat right or drank a bottle of wine...and then she got sick. She is really depressed too since she "felt" like she was working out and doing good (she really wasn't), and now looks at me and our other friend and sees that she has a long way to go because we have been working hard for months.

I feel bad for her, however, if she had just been taking care of herself in the beginning and didn't make excuses and just did it, she probably wouldn't have gotten sick. I saw her yesterday and she really didn't seem happy at all. And ya know what the real killer is for me...she never once said, you look good or good job. As a matter of fact for the last month whenever we talked or emailed and I would say I lost another pound or did 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer, she never supported me by saying, good job or something....she always would say, well I'm gonna go to the gym later and do whatever...and then she wouldn't. She really hasn't be supportive and I have been really frustrated. But apparently it really doesn't matter...cause today I got to the 130s....YIPPEE!! :carrot::carrot:

Sorry I blabbed on about this but it has been on my mind and has driven me crazy!!!

iDream 05-24-2009 08:31 AM

Jacque ~ aww, your friend sounds like me a couple months ago. I bet she is really proud of you, but at the same time feels guilty and disappointed in herself for not working out and eating well--kwim? I'm sure that deep down she's proud of you and wants to say something, but sometimes the feelings of disappointment and jealousy take over.

I started my weight loss (again) in January and was plugging along fine for a week or two then I just fell off the wagon and never got back on. Meanwhile my friend was working hard, eating well, excercising like a mad woman... Anytime she'd mention how much she'd lost or how many miles she'd ridden on her new bike, I'd counter with 'oh that's great (sort of half heartedly)' and 'I need to get back on track' or 'I need to get motivated' -- it was like I was making excuses to her for my lack of drive to lose weight. She never said anything but, 'don't worry about it, when you're ready, you'll do it!'.

Then I saw her in March after not seeing her for a while and I was blown away! She looked great! And it was clear that she was 100% focused and driven. The next day I called her and asked for her help. She's the one I send my weekly diet and exercise reports to and she's been a fantastic help to me.

Anyway, all this to say that your friend sounds a lot like I was. Depressed (possibly in need of a visit to her dr?) and unmotivated and not feeling able to get herself back on track. I'm sure she supports you, but when you feel awful about yourself it's tough to be truly happy for someone who's doing something that you know you should be doing.

You're a great friend for being there for her, I'm sure she'll come around and start being more vocal in her support for you--just hang in there. And for what it's worth--we're all extremely proud of you! I don't know if I could do boot camp! :) And lastly:

Congrats on hitting the 130s!!!! :celebrate: Woo hoo!!! That's fantastic!!

Okay, I'm shutting up now. Have a great day all!

Delphi 05-24-2009 08:39 AM

:congrat: Jacque on being in the 130's. You've done an amazing job with your exercise. You are a constant inspiration! :)

May 2
--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill

End of Week 1

May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 12--40 minutes on treadmill
May 13--33 minutes uphill on treadmill [30 minutes My Fitness Coach Flexibility]
May 14--31 minutes on treadmill w/weights

End of Week 2

May 15--35 minutes on treadmill; mix of hills with this routine
May 16--33 minutes on treadmill [Walked a mile at mall] [Weight Training]
May 17--15 minutes extreme uphill [ 60 minutes of Wii Fit] [Magic Circle-20 reps all forms]
May 18--45 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 15 minutes]
May 19--40 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 20 minutes and two sets of crunches] [30 minutes Wii Fit]
May 20--45 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [cardio]
May 21--45 minutes on treadmill w/weights [Magic Circle all forms] [Gardening-2 hours]

End of week 3

May 22--Scheduled Day Off [Strength Training 30 minutes/upper body only]
May 23--50 minutes on treadmill [Magic Circle all forms] [2 sets of 20 Crunches]
May 24--60 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [Cardio] [Strength Training]
May 25--35 minutes on treadmill [Wii Fit 40 minutes] [Mowed grass] [30 minutes Wii Boxing]

Jacqui_D 05-24-2009 10:20 AM

Joci, OHHHHH, okay, that makes more sense, lol! I'm SO glad that your daughter is not sick!! I do feel bad for your friend, but you know, I think everything Sandye said is spot on. Your friend probably is experiencing disappointment in herself and jealousy that you've done so well without her. I'm sure she'd like to be supportive but she just feels so down about herself that she can't bring herself to do it right now. Once she gets in the right frame of mind, I'm sure she will express how very proud of you she is. And speaking of proud of you, I am SO proud of you!! WOOHOO!! :yay: Reaching the 130s!!! :cp: That's a huge accomplishment!! :congrat:

Jacqui_D 05-24-2009 10:27 AM

Ladies, I've posted this is the sister thread too: It's getting about that time when people start meeting goals! If you meet a goal, please put the word "goal" in your description so that it will trigger my :dizzy: brain to recognize that I need to change your goal on the list to red and put MET GOAL!! next to your name! I don't want to miss anyone!! It's so exciting to see people meeting their goals!! :cp:

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked! WEEK 3--MISSED ONE DAY! May 22--Strength trained! Walked! May 23--Walked! May 24--Walked!

TERAPET 05-24-2009 12:06 PM

Way to go Jacque! The 130's...man, I'm jealous too. (I don't envy those early morning boot camp sessions though!!!)

Jacqui-I don't think my husband is going to go along with the three 15 minute walks during that car trips to and from Omaha (Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday). The best strategy would be to add some minutes today, Monday and Tuesday but I kind want to clean or go shopping instead. I have to admit though I have been up for 4 hours now and haven't really done anything special except read the newspaper and eat leftover cake from the graduation party!!!!!! I will see what I can make myself do today. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Jacqui_D 05-24-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERAPET (Post 2754212)
Jacqui-I don't think my husband is going to go along with the three 15 minute walks during that car trips to and from Omaha (Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday).

LOL!!! I can't imagine why not!! :lol:

TERAPET 05-24-2009 09:42 PM

May 1st -0

May 12th-60 mins body sculpt class
May 13th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga
May 14th-60 mins step

May 15th-0
May 16th-75 mins step class
May 17th-0
May 18th-0
May 19th-0
May 20th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga
May 21st-60 mins step; 60 mins Yoga

May 22nd-0
May 23rd-75 mins step
May 24th-75 mins step; 60 mins Zumba

Okay, that's worth a few 15 minute walks! We had a sub instructor in step today. She was great but I thought I was gonna die. I really want to lose some weight so I can keep up better in the cardio classes. It is going to require some serious adjustments to my diet though.

Jacqui-I told my husband about the challenge and he laughed and said I could run beside the car! He thinks he is a very funny man.

iDream 05-25-2009 06:39 AM

Good morning ladies! So glad to see everyone is keepin' at it! Here's my update:

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins New and Improved Treadmill
May 12th -8 Min Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 13th - Strength Trainig Upper Body, 6 Mins of Treadmill--then the power went out until midnight!
May 14th - 8 Mins Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week Two

May 15th - 8 Mins Abs, Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 16th - 30 Day Shred
May 17th - 30 Mins Treadmill (I jogged 9 mins out of the 30!!)
May 18th - Strength Training Upper Body, 32 Mins Treadmill (12:30 mins of that jogging)
May 19th - 8 Mins Abs, 32 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging!!!)
May 20th - Strength Training Lower Body, 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging)
May 21st - 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15+ mins of that jogging)
End of Week 3

May 22nd - Strength Training Upper Body, 34 Mins Treadmill (15 mis of jogging)
May 23rd - 34 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of jogging), Extreme Gardening*
May 24th - 30 Day Shred, Extreme Gardening*

*Extreme Gardening - this includes digging, digging and more digging of rock hard clay like dirt. Also includes digging out and dragging of mature shrubs and digging (through more insanely tough dirt) new holes to replant them elsewhere. Hauling of retaining wall bricks thrown into the mix as well as shoveling topsoil into wheelbarrow and hauling to new flower bed and dumping/distributing.

Girls, I am in pain! I not only gardened all day for the past 2 days--leaving my upper body stiff and sore--but last night, in an effort to get in a shorter cardio routine, I did the 30 Day Shred and that d*#m Jillian made me do lunges...well, my right knee is hurtin'!! I wouldn't complain so much, but today is my lower body ST'ing day and now I'm dreading it! Sigh...

On the plus side, my new flower bed is pretty! :D The retaining wall is finished and the soil is ready for plants! Yay! Today I don't plan on working so hard outside--all I plan to do is shop for new plants and plant them in the nice soft soil. :) However...if I feel better, I might tackle some more of the topsoil we had delivered and haul it to the backyard...but we'll see. I'm also coming down with a cold so I'm not feeling 100%.

Well, enough babbling--I need to face my fear and grit my teeth through the pain and get my lower body st'ing in!! *gulp*

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!! :)

Jacqui_D 05-25-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERAPET (Post 2754694)
May 24th-75 mins step; 60 mins Zumba

Okay, that's worth a few 15 minute walks!

Terapet, yes it is!! Good for you!! You are down to 225 minutes!! Woohoo!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERAPET (Post 2754694)
Jacqui-I told my husband about the challenge and he laughed and said I could run beside the car! He thinks he is a very funny man.

LOL!! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 (Post 2754921)
*Extreme Gardening - this includes digging, digging and more digging of rock hard clay like dirt. Also includes digging out and dragging of mature shrubs and digging (through more insanely tough dirt) new holes to replant them elsewhere. Hauling of retaining wall bricks thrown into the mix as well as shoveling topsoil into wheelbarrow and hauling to new flower bed and dumping/distributing.

CMof4, wow, you are really getting a workout!! And your flower beds are going to look so nice this summer!! I really need to get busy on mine and I just keep putting it off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 (Post 2754921)
Girls, I am in pain!...I'm also coming down with a cold so I'm not feeling 100%.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!! And be sure to drink your water! It helps with sore muscles and colds!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked! WEEK 3--MISSED ONE DAY! May 22--Strength trained! Walked! May 23--Walked! May 24--Walked! May 25--Walked!

TERAPET 05-25-2009 10:20 PM

May 1st -0