3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Jacque9999 05-02-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2724159)
FANTASTIC Jacque!! You ARE off to a great start! :carrot: Keep it up!!

Thank you!!!!

:thanks:

Jacqui_D 05-02-2009 03:02 PM

Okay, my exercise is in for day 2! I took a nice walk outside today. It was bright and sunny, but also cool, so it was perfect for walking!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked!

Delphi 05-02-2009 03:41 PM

Thanks for adding me ;)

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!! :D

Jacqui_D 05-02-2009 07:37 PM

Delphi, way to get your exercise in!! :spin: Good job on going over a mile!! :cp:

Edited to Add: I just read your blog! Good for you blogging!! You sound like me. I am not a cook! You must buy some Ziploc Zip 'n' Steam bags! I can put four oz of salmon, sprinkled with a little lemon juice and garlic powder, and microwave it in one of those bags for three minutes and then fill a bag with fresh veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, summer squash, etc., and maybe a teaspoon of Smart Balance butter and microwave it for four minutes, and in 7 minutes time, I have a wonderfully healthy meal! :hungry: Those steamer bags are the best invention ever!!! They even have a guide on the side of the bags telling how long to microwave different foods! I love them!!

lene1974 05-02-2009 08:12 PM

Jacqui, I could kiss you right now. I've heard of those Zip and Steam bags but never knew what the big deal was. Your ideas are going to make my dinner prep this week so easy. Thank you, Thank you!

Jacqui_D 05-02-2009 09:32 PM

Lol!! Lene, you are so welcome! Let me tell you, tonight, my son surprised me by coming home from college (which is only 1 1/2 hours away) to pick some things up before he headed back again, and I had planned spaghetti for dinner. But he has bronchitis right now for which he's on antibiotics, and he just did not feel like spaghetti. I knew I had chicken in the freezer, so I grabbed a steamer bag, and put a chicken breast in it (not a thin chicken breast fillet but these giant boneless chicken breasts that we usually put on the grill). The bag says, I think, 7 minutes for two frozen fillets, but through trial and error, I have found that 11-12 minutes cooks these big chicken breasts from the freezer, so with 4 minutes for veggies and 11 minutes for frozen chicken, I had a complete chicken dinner ready for my son in 15 minutes, and the meat was moist and the meal was healthy, and he loved it! Oh, and the bags come in two sizes. I use the smaller size, which comes 10 bags to a package. I'm not sure how many bags are in the larger size, but I imagine they are nice if you are serving more people.

Jacqui_D 05-02-2009 09:45 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 4 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Lewisempire 05-02-2009 10:54 PM

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (weights)
5/3
5/4
5/5
5/6
5/7

colebear 05-03-2009 12:16 AM

Hello, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm looking for someone to remain accountable to and I'm hoping I can join this group.

My exercise goals is to start Power 90 and complete the workouts 6 days a week beginning tomorrow. Also, my company offers a free fitness class 2 nights a week so I'm planning to attend them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I completed a 3 week boot camp at a local gym April 30th, which I'm hoping offered enough prepration for the Power 90 program.

May 1st - Rest
May 2nd - 15 minute yoga routine

May 3rd - Sculpt 1-2
May 4th - Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100 *
May 5th - Sculpt 1-2
May 6th - Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper & Zumba Class @ work
May 7th - Sculpt 1-2 and FLEX class @ work
May 8th - Didn't make it to my Sweat 1-2 Video, but I cleaned house for an hour
May 9th - Rest day

May 10th- Knocked out by a bout of bronchitis
May 11th- Knocked out by a bout of bronchitis
May 12th
May 13th
May 14th
May 15th
May 16th

May 17th
May 18th
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th
May 22th
May 23th

May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th
May 29th
May 30th
May 31th

* My SO wants me to share with you that these power 90 workouts hurt. His thighs and my lats.

icandoallthings6613 05-03-2009 04:11 AM

Hey FSA, Cake, Jacqui, Lewisempire, Ms P and all you girls!

So, I have to admit, May has not started off that well for me...been kind of down for the past two days. Bad weather, lots of work, just generally been a bit bummed. So I skipped exercising on Saturday and almost skipped it today too, but after writing papers all day I went running for a bit. Usually, exercise makes me feel a lot better...but I still feel kind of the same. But, on the upside, I don't have to be angry with myself for being lazy. Hopefully things will look up tomorrow.

I'm super impressed with the starts to the month all of you have made!!! Keep it up! You'll make me get my butt in gear too.

4/2 - Ran 3.7 miles

Jacque9999 05-03-2009 05:12 AM

May 1st - Did full body circuit at gym...took an hour and a half.
May 2nd - 1 hr of pilates, 20 min of Arc Trainer and 15 min of treadmill (pilates was the only thing on my original schedule)
May 3rd - Usually a rest day, but I feel like I will want to do SOMETHING later. Weather isn't supposed to be great so a walk with the dogs might not be doable. Any suggestions for something easy?
May 4th
May 5th
May 6th
May 7th

May 8th
May 9th
May 10th
May 11th
May 12th
May 13th
May 14th

May 15th
May 16th
May 17th
May 18th
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th

May 22th
May 23th
May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th

May 29th
May 30th
May 31th

Jacqui_D 05-03-2009 07:54 AM

Hi Cole, welcome! Better late than never! I've added you to the list! It sounds like you already have a great start and you're taking advantage of some wonderful opportunities! Good for you! :carrot: Post regularly and we'll definitely help you to stay accountable! Good luck! :welcome2:

Ican, wow, you sound really busy, girl! But if you were able to get in all that running during the crunch time of your senior thesis, I know you can squeeze in a bit here and there now too! I'm sorry that you didn't feel better like you usually do when you run, but I know that you feel better that you didn't let the whole weekend go by with no exercise at all, because, let's face it, no exercise at all is not your style! I'm sure you know you don't have to overdo it--just do enough so that you can feel good about it, like you did today! I think you're doing great!! :hug:

Jacque, do you have any indoor exercise equipment? An exercise ball? resistance bands? If so you could work with those. :lifter: Do you have any exercise dvds? Pulling those out would be a good idea. If not, even if you have stairs, you could set a goal to walk up and down the stairs a certain number of times throughout the day. For instance, I have 19 stairs leading up to the second floor of my house, and sometimes I think, okay, I want to make sure I go upstairs ten times today. That's 190 steps, one way! If nothing else, you could also do just basic stretches and calisthenics--sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, etc. :exercise: Or create your own cardio by putting on some upbeat music and dancing like a mad woman around the house, lol! :dancer:

Jacque9999 05-03-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2725180)
Jacque, do you have any indoor exercise equipment? An exercise ball? resistance bands? If so you could work with those. Do you have any exercise dvds? Pulling those out would be a good idea. If not, even if you have stairs, you could set a goal to walk up and down the stairs a certain number of times throughout the day. For instance, I have 19 stairs leading up to the second floor of my house, and sometimes I think, okay, I want to make sure I go upstairs ten times today. That's 190 steps, one way! If nothing else, you could also do just basic stretches and calisthenics--sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, etc. Or create your own cardio by putting on some upbeat music and dancing like a mad woman around the house, lol!

Thanks for all those ideas....I do have stuff here..resistance bands, pilates machine, videos, dvds....HOWEVER, I was under the impression that you shouldn't workout EVERYDAY. I have had a great week of exercise:

Mon - 40 min cardio, 60 min pilates
Tues - 10 min cardio and Lower Body workout - total time - 1 hour
Wed - 40min cardio, 60 min pilates
Thurs - 10 min cardio and Lower Body workout - total time - 1 hour
Fri - 1 and a half hours of Total Body Circuit Training
Sat - 1 hour pilates, 30 minutes Cardio

I'm a little sore from yesterday's pilates only because (of something I had previously said to the instructor) she had one of the hardest workouts I had ever done...and found muscles I didn't know I had!!! The class wasn't thrilled w/me and neither was the next class coming it. It was all in good fun though!!!

Anyway...as you can see, I did a lot this week, and thought I SHOULD rest, but I really, really want to do something.

:flow1::cb::flow1::cb::flow1::cb::flow1::cb:

Delphi 05-03-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2724678)
Delphi, way to get your exercise in!! :spin: Good job on going over a mile!! :cp:

Edited to Add: I just read your blog! Good for you blogging!! You sound like me. I am not a cook! You must buy some Ziploc Zip 'n' Steam bags! I can put four oz of salmon, sprinkled with a little lemon juice and garlic powder, and microwave it in one of those bags for three minutes and then fill a bag with fresh veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, summer squash, etc., and maybe a teaspoon of Smart Balance butter and microwave it for four minutes, and in 7 minutes time, I have a wonderfully healthy meal! :hungry: Those steamer bags are the best invention ever!!! They even have a guide on the side of the bags telling how long to microwave different foods! I love them!!

What a great suggestion! I may just have to try that. Thank you so much!

Jacqui_D 05-03-2009 09:51 AM

Jacque, Ooooo, rough pilates workout, yeah, you should probably take the day off. If you see a break in the weather, walking the dog wouldn't hurt, but really your muscles need time to heal. You're right that you should not exercise (as in strength training) the same muscles groups on consecutive days, and it sounds like your pilates workout got ALL the muscles!

Delphi, you are welcome! :)

Jacque9999 05-03-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2725267)
Jacque, Ooooo, rough pilates workout, it sounds like your pilates workout got ALL the muscles!

Yeah it was...and did...even the muscles that I hadn't been introduced to. As the morning has gone on, I have been so busy doing other stuff and still have more to do, like go get my son at the airport and go to the store (which I hate) and am not so sure I feel the NEED or WANT to do something. So I guess it WILL end up being a rest day.

Thanks for your help!!!

FullSteamAhead 05-03-2009 04:04 PM

Jacquee, lol :) It sounded like you were at odds there and oh can I relate! It is personal preference when we choose rest days and/if/or how many. I give myself permission to take a day or two off a week and I am fine with that. The consensus on strength training, from my understanding, is to not work the same muscle groups each day (rest of 48 hrs). Aside from that and any other safety issues, at our own discretion. I agree with Jacqui that if your sore it's a good day to take a rest day and let your muscles rest. If you get antsy later and feel like doing something, could always jive to some tunes :belly:. Maybe I will do that! ;) Anyways, congrats on your workouts Jacquee, that's terrific :)

and to our other Jacqui, hi there! :) congratsss as well girl! Ty again for helping us with everything, with our lists...encouragement, suggestions, etc :hug: Ohhhhhh, thanks for telling us about the steam bag thingies too, I like that idea!!!!!! :) I am going to definitely try t hem out too! Thanks Jacqui!

Welcome colebear, Delphi, and to all of the ladies who have joined in, never too late and it's a pleasure to have the company : ).

Ican, that's happened to me before too. Usually a workout snaps me out of it and when it doesn't it worries me. That's why I always say tomorrow is a new day and you may just wake up tomorrow and feel the :sunny: You were so busy with your thesis paper and all, I am wondering if it's the sudden change on top of everything else but either way, sending you :goodvibes and wishing you a super, sunny, and great new day tomorrow. :congrat: again on all of your accomplishments! Your paper and just all that you do and are doing! :) Here is to hoping for a sunny day for us both tomorrow ;).

Lewisempire, Lene, Delphi, MsPerception, pretty freind (come out and play : ), and to all....hi girls :).

I wanted to drop in and touch base, I did a 20 min. walk yesterday...nada today thus far and will post tomorrow after tomorrow's minutes. Keep up the great work everyone and have a super day :hug:

Delphi 05-03-2009 04:14 PM

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing) ;)

Jacque9999 05-03-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead (Post 2725752)
Jacquee, lol :) It sounded like you were at odds there and oh can I relate!

Yeah I was, but I did the right thing and spent some down time resting on the couch. I didn't realize how tired I was. I passed out for an hour and a half. I needed that.

FullSteamAhead 05-03-2009 04:54 PM

Good, I am glad you caught up on some rest. Is one of the pups wearing ribbons? Oh god, lol, I just cant get over those cute things! :). Have a good night.

Jacque9999 05-03-2009 05:18 PM

Totally OT---but it's Sophie - my sister

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead (Post 2725830)
Good, I am glad you caught up on some rest. Is one of the pups wearing ribbons? Oh god, lol, I just cant get over those cute things! :). Have a good night.

That would be Sophie. My mother dresses her up in all kinds of outfits. The first pic, she has her "Chewy Viouton" bag. Don't know how to spell it cause mom never got me one :lol:

Jacqui_D 05-03-2009 08:03 PM

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Jacqui_D 05-03-2009 08:26 PM

Hi Ladies! I did something spontaneous today! I had a bridal shower to go to, but before I left for it, my daughter called and asked when I would be home. I told her, and she said she was on her way home from college and she wanted us to go to a walking fundraiser that was taking place in Columbus for Crohn's Disease research. (Sadly, her bf lost his father to Crohn's Disease in December.) So when I got back from the bridal shower, we headed to Columbus, registered, met up with her bf's family, and walked! It was a good day of exercise for a good cause!

FSA! I think you'll like the steamer bags! They are so quick, easy, and convenient! They work so well for me because my DH and I sometimes eat different foods, and I can still cook what he likes and then cook exactly what I want in a jiffy! :)

I hope everyone has had a great day!!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked!

TERAPET 05-03-2009 09:10 PM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't around for the start of the month. My DD had a bunch of Jazz band events on Friday and Saturday. It was a lot of fun and we were all sad to have it end but it is on to bigger things for DD. Thankfully I still managed to get a decent amount of exercise in. I am looking forward to getting a regular month of exercise in as best I can though I know I have several events on the horizon that will interfere. I need to get there for sanity's sake though.

Cakes-What is a 20/20/20? Sounds intriguing. Do you switch up cardio exercise? Does it make it any easier?

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th
May 5th
May 6th
May 7th

icandoallthings6613 05-04-2009 01:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words Jacqui and FSA. Just a quick post, still writing papers and played in my last handbell concert this morning before going to work tonight. Last week of classes this week (i.e. finals).

Managed a 4.5 mile run in the afternoon. Still feeling kind of cruddy (TOM approaches, I suspect) but the sun was out! Makes everything better.

4/2 - Ran 3.7 miles
4/3 Ran 4.5 miles

total/walk/run - 8.2/0/8.2

Jacque9999 05-04-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icandoallthings6613 (Post 2726319)
Thanks for the kind words Jacqui and FSA. Just a quick post, still writing papers and played in my last handbell concert this morning before going to work tonight. Last week of classes this week (i.e. finals).

Managed a 4.5 mile run in the afternoon. Still feeling kind of cruddy (TOM approaches, I suspect) but the sun was out! Makes everything better.

4/2 - Ran 3.7 miles
4/3 Ran 4.5 miles

total/walk/run - 8.2/0/8.2

I bet you will be glad when this week is over. Good job on the running!!!

Lewisempire 05-04-2009 07:55 AM

5/2- lower body w.o. (weights)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4
5/5
5/6
5/7

iDream 05-04-2009 09:59 AM

Hello everyone! I keep forgetting to get over here and post! I'm Sandye and this, along with the May weight loss challenge, are my first challenges here. I'm already having a ball and am so inspired by all the fantastic ladies here! I love how you all support each other and cheer each other on! :) Anyway, I'm still in the process of finding a routine that works for me and I'm toying with the idea of waking up early to do my cardio rather than wait until after the kids go to bed, however, doing it later is a nice way to end the day and such a great stress reliever, so I dunno...might just leave it. Not to mention I'm still getting woke up a few times a night by the kiddos and a girl's gotta get her beauty rest right? ;)

Here's what my month looks like so far:

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body (Includes Abs), 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body (plan to do 30 Mins Treadmill after the kids go to bed--will update then :))
May 5th
May 6th
May 7th

Keep up the great work ladies! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Delphi 05-04-2009 10:25 AM

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training

Lewisempire 05-04-2009 11:44 AM

5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5
5/6
5/7

It feels good to be racking up some miles again!:carrot: I always feel like a lazy blob if I don't get some exercise in.

CrazyMamaof4, I don't know which way would work better, but you could always try to split the time, too. maybe 15 minutes in the am (boost your mood for the day) , and 20 at night (de-stress). I guess if you get the cardio in at all it is probably a miracle! You have a lot on your plate! Let us know how it goes!

Jacque9999 05-04-2009 12:34 PM

I will be doing my workout later...hoping to make it to 30-45 min on the Arc Trainer, if not 30 and then 15 on treadmill or bike(***). Then an hour of pilates. I'm actually really looking forward to it as yesterday was my day off!!

sotypical 05-04-2009 12:45 PM

Going to join you guys!

May 1: 65 min bike
May 2:
May 3:

May 4: 70 min bike

Total: 135 min

CakeBatter 05-04-2009 12:48 PM

I feel like such a lazy lima bean. I skipped the first three days in May. But my brak is over and I am back!!!! I am running 3- or 4 miles today after work....gotta play catch up!!!!

Sandye - Whatever you choose just make sure you like it and it is something you can stick with. Maybe you can break it up a little like Jacqui_D does. She is the master at this

Lewisempire - I thought you said you were relaxing. Looks like you have been working it out to me!!! WTG

Ican - Poor thing. You are still writing papers. I will be glad you can relax a little. WTG 4.5 miles in this morning. You rock!

jacqui_D - that was awesome! Spontaneous, for a good cause and you some got in some wonderful exercise, with your daughter. Can't get much better than that!!!

econ nerd 05-04-2009 01:05 PM

I didn't make in to post in the last couple days but I have been working on getting some exercise in.

May 1st - 20 minute walk
May 2nd - 45 minute walk
May 3rd - lots of walking - up hill too! We went to visit a friend in the hospital in a nearby town and after our visit we did a bunch of walking for the rest of the afternooon
May 4th - plan to walk home from worktoday - it's about one and a half miles. Today I also had some extra exercise - my students wrote their final exam this morning - and I spent a good part of the two hours going up and down the theatre stairs to answer their questions. And I also confirmed (again) that the students who ask the most questions sit at the back and alternate asking questions with ones at the front... It makes for a good workout. I have two more exams llike that - one tomorrow and Wednesday morning...

iliketalldorks 05-04-2009 01:28 PM

I'd love to join in on the exercise challenge! I'm trying a modified version of the couch to 5k, starting off with walking and incorporating some ab, arm and leg exercises to strengthen as well. After this month, I'll continue with the couch to 5k and post my progress for June! Here is the schedule I have for May (today and on):

M 5/4/09 - 5 minute warm up, 20* minute fast walk, 5 minute cool down [x] *Added 5 minutes here, and to tomorrow
T 5/5/09 - 15 minute ab exercises [ ]
W 5/6/09 - 5 minute warm up, 20 minute fast walk, 5 minute cool down [ ]
Th 5/7/09 - 15 minute arm/leg exercises [ ]
F 5/8/09 - 5 minute warm up, 20 minute fast walk, 5 minute cool down [ ]
S 5/9/09 - Leisurely walk 15-20 minutes [ ]
Su 5/10/09 - Rest or leisurely walk [ ]
M 5/11/09 - 5 minute warm up, 25 minute fast walk, 5 minute cool down [ ]
T 5/12/09 - 15-20 minute abs [ ]
W 5/13/09 - 5 minute warm up, 25 minute fast walk, 5 minute cool down [ ]
Th 5/14/09 - 15-20 minute arm/leg [ ]
F 5/15/09 - 5 warm up, 25 fast walk, 5 cool down [ ]
S 5/16/09 - Leisurely walk 15-20 [ ]
Su 5/17/09 - Rest or LW 15 [ ]
M 5/18/09 - 5 minute warm up fast, 60 sec jog, 90 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
T 5/19/09 - 20 ab [ ]
W 5/20/09 - 5 minute warm up fast, 60 sec jog, 90 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
Th 5/21/09 - 20 arm/leg [ ]
F 5/22/09 - 5 minute warm up fast, 60 sec jog, 90 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
S 5/23/09 - LW 15-20 [ ]
Su 5/24/09 - Rest or LW 15 [ ]
M 5/25/09 - 5 warm up, 90 sec jog, 120 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
T 5/26/09 - 20-25 ab [ ]
W 5/27/09 - 5 warm up, 90 sec jog, 120 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
Th 5/28/09 - 20-25 arm/leg [ ]
F 5/29/09 - 5 warm up, 90 sec jog, 120 sec walk, alternate for 20 min, 5 cool down [ ]
S 5/30/09 - LW [ ]
Su 5/31/09 - Rest or LW [ ]

lene1974 05-04-2009 01:29 PM

132/800

May 1st 23min interval training on ellip, 100 crunches/30 push-ups 30min
May 2nd 60 minute walk, 100 crunches 67 min
May 3rd 20 min interval on ellip, 100 crunches, and strength training 35 min
May 4th
May 5th
May 6th
May 7th

May 8th
May 9th
May 10th
May 11th
May 12th
May 13th
May 14th

May 15th
May 16th
May 17th
May 18th
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th

May 22th
May 23th
May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th

May 29th
May 30th
May 31th

Fressca 05-04-2009 01:34 PM

You are a bunch of Chatty Chicks! I don't have time to keep up with all the posts! So for now, I'll just say keep it up, ladies :cheer: :cheer: and here are my stats to date:

Goal: 30 minutes of cardio four times per week

May 1: Spin class (45 mins)
May 2: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 3: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)

Jacqui_D 05-04-2009 02:09 PM

Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)

Jacqui_D 05-04-2009 02:38 PM

Welcome Sotypical and Iliketalldorks! I've added your goals to the list above. Sotypical, I wasn't sure what your specific goals were, but I can easily edit it. Just let me know! Ilike, I think I have yours right, but please let me know if I don't, and I'll correct it. It's so great that you have the whole month planned out like that! Very organized! :welcome2:

Fressca, LOL! Yes we are a bunch of Chatty Chicks, lol! :gossip: It helps some of us stay motivated! :cheer3: Don't worry if you are too busy to jump in on the personals; we're still here for you!! :cheer3:

Lene, way to stay on top of that daily exercise! :exercise:

Econ, good job with your exercise each day! Those stairs do sound like a workout, lol! :yes:

Cake, we've missed you! :hug: Yep, time to get back on your regular routine! :running: And yes, I have a pretty great daughter! :)

Jacque, wow, girl, you are certainly a go-getter! Good for you! :cp:

Lewis, you are doing great!! Keep it up, lady! :trampo:

Delphi, looking good on your daily exercise, chickie! :woops:

CMof4 Sandye, you know that might be a good idea splitting up your time working out. As long as you get the minutes in, it doesn't matter if you do them all at once. In any event, you're doing a great job, so keep it up! :cheer:

Hi FSA and all the rest of our ladies! :wave:

Well, I got my strength training in today, and I am beginning to like it more and more! :lifter: I also broke my walk into 15 min before and 15 min after, so that worked out well! :running:

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked!

iliketalldorks 05-04-2009 03:12 PM

Yes, you got it perfectly! I've found that if I don't plan things in advance, I often stray away from them, if not stop them all together! If I can get myself to commit to an actual routine for a month, then I know I can do it for much longer. Thanks for the welcome, this is an awesome site and I can't wait to get started.