3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

FullSteamAhead 04-30-2009 01:31 PM

Hi girlsssssssss :) Oh I am so excited to see everyone here! :yay: This is wonderful! BellaElla , ty for starting the thread for us and :wel3fc:. I just came from the May weight loss thread and saw you had joined us there as well ...I am glad :) A big hello and :hug: to you all. I am definitely in girls but want to double check my calender and I am in a hurry so I will be back soon and post my goals. Jacqui, that is so nice that your doing that for us here too, my goodness! :hug: okay , talk soon....have a great day girls :).

Jacqui_D 04-30-2009 02:13 PM

FSA!!! (The "mother hen" of all us chicks on these sister threads, lol!) When you come back, let me know your exercise goal and I'll add it to the list! :)

Jacqui_D 04-30-2009 02:21 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week

__

Lewisempire 04-30-2009 10:11 PM

Hello, Yay! looky at all the support we will have this month! I too, loved this thread last month. It really helps to have somewhere to be accountable, brag on your accomplishments, and see them in black and white!
**My goal for May is 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track and weight training 3 times a week for 20 minutes.
I had to cut back my mileage to be realistic, I have some hurddles this month, and I want to be able to reach my goal, of course, If I can do more, I most certainly will. Thanks Jaqui for "The List" you rock!
FSA- I did ennjoy my hike the otherday. We went Geocaching to a place called "Gee creek" Very pretty, and perfect weather, although lots of skeeters! we ended up hanging out by a waterfall(really cool).
My garden is growing so quickly this year! I go out and take out the weeds almost everyday, although hubby will have that job this week, I had a little out patient surgery today....nothing serious, but it will keep me buttbound for a couple days! :lol: HAHA
Cake- Wow! You have kicked it in to overdrive~ We will try to keep up! Way to move it Girl:hug: We are proud of you! I have been on the flylady website, it really is a great I hope it helps, My house overwhelms me from time to time, but the things I learned on flylady make it doable.
To all the other returning, and new chicks, looks like there are some good goals this month, and I know we will do our best to get them all to have goal met next to them! lets get going!

Jacqui_D 04-30-2009 11:00 PM

Lewis, I've added you to the list! Good luck, girlie!

Jacqui_D 05-01-2009 08:25 AM

Good morning ladies!! Woohoo! May 1st!! Let's get this month started off right! Today is a strength training day for me and then I'll be walking at least 30 minutes! I'm just about to leave for the Y now! What are you going to be doing today?

Edited to add:
I'm back and Day 1 is done for me!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked!

Newshinyme 05-01-2009 01:12 PM

I was not sure if I wanted to commit to this yesterday when I joined the weight loss thread, but this morning I realized that this is the best way to keep myself accountable for exercising which is the hardest part for me.
I am also giving you all permission to give me a good kick in the pants if I start slacking off.

My May exercise goals are: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 minutes with a mix of cardio and strength training.

FullSteamAhead 05-01-2009 01:13 PM

Hi again. Happy first day girls! :) IT's a cloudy, grey day here and good thing I have you all here to give me that extra boost! To our new day and to our new month ladies! : ) Let's keep rockin' :carrot::carrot:

Lewisempire, Hope you feel okay sweet girl. The garden sounds like it has been keeping you very busy indeed. What are skeeters? Those skater kids? lol :) Hope your having a great day girl. Chat soon : )

Jacqui, hiiii! HOpe your having a great workout and ty again for our liste here. You can put me down for 1200 minutes...thanks! :)

A hi to you all, I better go hop to it..I have been posting all morning (which I love) but I better get my butt in gear. I will post my minutes tonight, that will hold me accountable ;). :hug:

5/1
5/2
5/3
5/4
5/5
5/6
5/7
Total:

FullSteamAhead 05-01-2009 01:19 PM

Newshinyme :welcome2: I am so glad you joined us! welcome aboard :). As for pulling you back in when and if the time comes, done! I also like that, to be pulled in if needed. THis thread is great new, the girls are awesome and I think you will find that the inspiration , support, and encouragement here as well as the posting of our times or minutes (our own each individual goals) helps to keep us accountable. The neat thing is, it makes it fun too! :)

CakeBatter 05-01-2009 01:21 PM

Hey girls. I don't want to go to the gym today because I am sooo sleepy. BUT I can't be starting off May wrong..NO WAY. SO I will be there after work..blah

Lewisempire _ DOn't be fooled..LOL. I have a 5K this month anyway and since I am traing for a 10K in June naturally my miles will be ramped up. ANd the PU challenge is from last month that I didn't get a handle on...haha. But thanks anyway, I like that you are realistic with your goals by adding in humps and bumps. I do the same thing. Good Luck

FSA - 1200 Minutes...whoa! Animal, animal I tell you LOL :carrot:

Newshiny- Welcome. Glad you committed. IT really does help

Jacqui - WTG on being done already. You are awesome. ANd thanks for the list again. I am going to be running 3 miles plus 60 minutes of various cardio. Maybe squeeze in some pushups...:D

Jacqui_D 05-01-2009 01:53 PM

See how we keep you honest, Cake? Lol! As is always the case, I am in awe of the amount of exercise you have planned! :running: Good for you making a great start of May!! :)

FSA, okay lady, you are in for 1200 minutes! :woops:

Newshinyme, yours was exactly my story last month! Exercise has never been my favorite thing to do, but I went ahead and signed up last month, because I knew if I did, I would be more likely to follow through. And these ladies cheered me on the whole way! I started out just riding my recumbent bike in the evenings and by the third week, I asked my DH for a membership to the Y as my birthday present and got it! Me at the Y--it's like a real-life oxymoron! Lol! The key to my success is posting daily. It's a great way to stay accountable! Trust me, you won't regret signing up! You'll feel so much better! Good luck!! :exercise:

Newshinyme 05-01-2009 03:02 PM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
It is working already :D just like Cake I was trying to talk myself out of exercising today since I had done it yesterday and I felt a bit sore. But I did it! I had my workout already and feeling so much better for it.

Jacqui: I did some math and I figure that at a minimum I should be getting in 510 min. of exercise this month with what I set as my goal. Can you add the minutes to the list? I even made a ticker for the world to see :D

FSA: 1200 minutes! Wow!!!!

So May 1st: 45 min free step and stability ball workout.

mcrunner 05-01-2009 03:43 PM

I'm new, but I'm in! Posted in the Weight Loss Challenge, but thinking I need to keep exercise goals over here, right? Goals are:
1. Work out 4 days per week
2. Work back to 4 mile runs
3. 2 weight work outs per week

5/1
5/2
5/3
5/4
5/5
5/6
5/7

Jacqui_D 05-01-2009 04:10 PM

Mcrunner, I did see your exercise goal on the other thread, and then I also added the other specifications you have here. The only thing I wonder about is FitDay. I'm not familiar with that program, so I don't know if it's exercise related or weight related. If it is a weight loss plan that also incorporates exercise, I should probably put it in the other thread. If it's an exercise program, it should be here. Just let me know! Thanks! :)

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, I got it! I looked up FitDay and it's a weight loss plan, so I am putting it in the weight loss thread. I'll get it right sooner or later, lol!

Jacqui_D 05-01-2009 04:43 PM

Newshinyme, good for you!!:trampo: Great job getting that exercise in! And the ticker is a really good idea! WTG! :cp: