3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 05-21-2009 11:05 PM

NSM, great job planning your exercise around the apartment search! And good luck on that search! Yes, I was a bit bummed about the walking goal, so I was happy to remember the strength training goal!

Terapet, yes, all a part of it! They are really good dogs. However, they grew up on a quiet country road, and I live in the middle of town in my small city with cars, big trucks, and motorcycles zooming by. They just have to get used to everything. Luckily, the only thing they've destroyed is that screen and that's replaceable!

Wifey, it's so nice to hear that you are enjoying softball! Good for you!!

Joci, your beagle sounds like a handful, lol! They are such cute, smart dogs!

Ms_P, way to put in that extra exercise!

Lewis, Happy Cruising!!!

Delphi, when I look at your original goal and then at your progress post, it amazes me!! You are doing such a great job!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked!

Jacque9999 05-22-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newshinyme (Post 2751413)
Been out looking at apartments all day long. Thankfully, I planned ahead and got up early to get my workout in.

Good Job!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2751686)
Joci, your beagle sounds like a handful, lol! They are such cute, smart dogs!

Exactly!!! It can make one crazy:dizzy:

Delphi 05-22-2009 08:08 AM

Jacqui ~ Me too and thanks! I really wouldn't be able to do this without this group. Next month however, I need something to challenge myself. This was "officially" my first month, so modest goals are what I set. I'm already thinking ahead of how I can challenge myself with goals in both threads that will be beneficial and push me even harder. I have 53 days to get to onderland and 19lbs to lose so June is gonna have to be my own personal bootcamp month. ;)

Wifey 05-22-2009 10:18 AM

I'm bumping myself up to 90 mins of exercise for 8 of the days remaining in May...to push myself over the 720 mins!

I've gotta knock down the dog walking though...so right now I'm at 170/470 mins :( Didn't make it out last night...got home really late and basically crawled into bed b/c I was so tired!

I'm gettin' there...just have to work harder in the June challenge! :running:

Fressca 05-22-2009 12:35 PM

*Slinks in sheepishly*

Week beginning May 1:

May 1: Spin class (45 mins)
May 2: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 3: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 5: Spin class (30 mins)

Week beginning May 8:

May 8: Spin class (45 mins)
May 9: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)

Week beginning May 15:

:fr:

Week beginning May 22:

May 22: treadmill (30 mins)

So, things aren't going exactly to plan, but I'm just going to keep plugging away...

Ms Perception 05-22-2009 01:07 PM

So, I mentioned in the other thread I spent 7.5 hours clearing land and burning brush yesterday and tonight is the overnight graduation party at my DH's school, so I will be working that. I was clearly not thinking straight when I decided to do these things in back to back days because I am HURTING big time from the work yesterday!! I am sore, tired and ready to relax. Oh well, I dropped another pound+ which I hope sticks. Not gonna change my ticker 'til I'm sure.
Anyway, point is...I've gotten my exercise in! The rest of the weekend will be recouperation time! Have a great weekend!

Ms Perception 05-22-2009 01:12 PM

Newshinyme--Be sure to post what you think of the EA Active. My son and I have been eagerly awaiting some real people reviews of it!

iDream 05-22-2009 01:14 PM

Hello girls! I went MIA again because of computer problems (again!) but I'm back for good now! :) Still plugging away, upping my jogging mins in my treadmill workout. Not digging the 30 day shred so much anymore--I get more out of the treadmill and my knees aren't left hating me. I might throw in a Denise Austin dvd in the mix for my evening workouts--we'll see.

I gotta tell you, even though I wasn't here all week, you ladies kept me going! There were a couple of nights that I did not want to do my cardio--last night in particular--and all I kept thinking about was that goal list and how I didn't want to come here and post a day missing cardio. I kept telling myself, "T'sk, t'sk, now, what would the girls say? You can't skip cardio tonight! Get your butt downstairs and hit that treadmill!!" ;)

So, thanks. :) You girls ROCK!!!

Alright then, on with the update:

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins New and Improved Treadmill
May 12th -8 Min Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 13th - Strength Trainig Upper Body, 6 Mins of Treadmill--then the power went out until midnight!
May 14th - 8 Mins Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week Two

May 15th - 8 Mins Abs, Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 16th - 30 Day Shred
May 17th - 30 Mins Treadmill (I jogged 9 mins out of the 30!!)
May 18th - Strength Training Upper Body, 32 Mins Treadmill (12:30 mins of that jogging)
May 19th - 8 Mins Abs, 32 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging!!!)
May 20th - Strength Training Lower Body, 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging)
May 21st - 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15+ mins of that jogging)
End of Week 3

May 22nd - Strength Training Upper Body, (evening workout to updated tonight)

Hope everyone is having a Fantastic Friday!!! :)
Be sure to...
Drink Your Water!!! :D

Newshinyme 05-22-2009 02:51 PM

Delphi: You are on fire!!! I tell ya, reading about your accomplishments makes me want to keep up with you, so don't stop ;)

Wifey: Wow, 90 minutes! You can do it :D. Gather some momentum for June :carrot:

Fressca: That's the spirit! Keep going chickie :hug:

Ms P.: Ouch! Hope things go well tonight and you are not much in pain.. Maybe taking a nice bath before will help your poor muscles, lots of people swear by Epsom salts.

I will definitely let you know how I like the Active. I've seen lots of good reviews so far, so I can't wait to try it myself.

CMo4:
I have the 30DS but haven't tried it yet..I previewed the first day and all those jumping jacks scared me away LOL (I have neighbours downstairs, so it's not something I can do)
Glad to hear you managed to stay active too!

I've already done part of my workout today. I am still missing the strength part of it, so I will have to come later to update.

May 1-10: Exercise days: 5 Exercise minutes: 185
May 11 - 17: Exercise days: 5 Exercise Minutes: 235
Week of May 18 -24:
May 18: Off
May 19: Wii fit aerobics 40 min. + Exercise ball 15 min. = 55 min.
May 20: Walked 40 min.
May 21: WL Yoga = 30 min.
May 22: Wii free step = 30 min

Jacqui_D 05-22-2009 04:24 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising--MET GOAL!!
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 470 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track--MET GOAL!!; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jayagoddess: Exercise regularly
Blueridgegirl: Do weight training routine twice a week

Jacqui_D 05-22-2009 04:48 PM

Wifey, I've edited your dog-walking goal on the list! Good for you planning more intense workouts to meet the 720 minutes! You can do it!

Oh my Delphi, you're going to do even more in June?! Whew! :woops:

Fressca, that's the best thing to do--just keep on going and get back to it! It's a journey!! :hug:

Ms_P, congrats on the pound down! :cp: I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure it was a GREAT workout!! :strong:

CMof4, lol, that's great!! Way to push through and get your cardio in!! Aren't you so glad you did?! :carrot:

NSM, your exercise is looking good! :high:

I SO did not feel like working out today, but there was no way I was going to miscalculate again and put off the strength training until tomorrow. Sure enough, something would have come up to get in the way! So, I dragged myself over to the gym and although it took some time to get through everything, I did it! I don't know why I felt so worn out today, but the important thing is that I stayed bound and determined to meet that May goal!! :D

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked! WEEK 3--MISSED ONE DAY! May 22--Strength trained! Walked!

Delphi 05-23-2009 07:43 AM

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill

End of Week 1

May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 12--40 minutes on treadmill
May 13--33 minutes uphill on treadmill [30 minutes My Fitness Coach Flexibility]
May 14--31 minutes on treadmill w/weights

End of Week 2

May 15--35 minutes on treadmill; mix of hills with this routine
May 16--33 minutes on treadmill [Walked a mile at mall] [Weight Training]
May 17--15 minutes extreme uphill [ 60 minutes of Wii Fit] [Magic Circle-20 reps all forms]
May 18--45 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 15 minutes]
May 19--40 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 20 minutes and two sets of crunches] [30 minutes Wii Fit]
May 20--45 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [cardio]
May 21--45 minutes on treadmill w/weights [Magic Circle all forms] [Gardening-2 hours]

End of week 3

May 22--Scheduled Day Off [Strength Training 30 minutes/upper body only]
May 23--50 minutes on treadmill [Magic Circle all forms] [2 sets of 20 Crunches]

You gals are doing REALLY great...keep up the good work!
:woops::trampo::swim::exercise::ebike:

Jacque9999 05-23-2009 08:00 AM

• May 14th - 10 minutes Arc Trainer, 35 min weight training, 25 min bike
  • May 15th - 10 minute Arc Trainer - Total body circuit - 55 minutes
  • May 16th - 45 minutes Arc Trainer, 1 hour pilates
  • May 17th - 40 minutes pilates on home machine
  • May 18th - 45 minutes Arc Trainer, 1 hour pilates
  • May 19th - 1 hour Boot Camp
  • May 20th - 45 minutes Arc Trainer, 1 hour pilates
  • May 21th - 1 hour Boot Camp

Only a week and a half left in the month...and I haven't missed a day. Reached my goals so far. Even though my buddies haven't been consistent, I have. And my daughter, oh she cracks me up. She made 2 of the 3 days of the first week of boot camp YEAH HER....the only reason she didn't go yesterday was because she worked till midnight. She actually told work not to schedule her to work late on nights before BC. She's into it!!! YEAH HER!!!

Jacqui_D 05-23-2009 12:31 PM

Joci, that is so great that your daughter is scheduling around bootcamp! It's sounds like she is definitely going to stick with it! Yay! And your exercise regimen has been incredible! Your buddies probably couldn't keep up with you, lol!

Delphi, are your sore muscles feeling better? You know, you mentioned drinking lots of water in the sister thread, and I don't know if a person can drink too much water, but I too have cut back to 96 oz because I wondered the same thing. Plus, like you, I wondered if drinking so much water was responsible for making me not feel like eating. Actually, I don't know if it's had much of an effect on my hunger cues or weight since I cut back, but please let us know what happens with you.

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked! WEEK 3--MISSED ONE DAY! May 22--Strength trained! Walked! May 23--Walked!

Delphi 05-23-2009 12:52 PM

Jacqui ~ Yes, feeling much better! I've started the cut back today. I already feel less bloated today. I've been watching my sodium intake as well, and I am not exceeding it, so I'm positive that wasn't it. I'll let you know in a few days. I'm still not hungry, but we shall see. All the stuff I read seemed to indicate that too much water can in fact cause bloating and retention. It can also, wash away much needed minerals and vitamins. Which I find baffling. Here I was, a slave to diet coke and not one day went by where I actually drank a glass of water and now, I'm supposedly drinking too much? Sheesh! :lol: