3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Delphi 05-11-2009 09:48 AM

Thanks JD and crazymomma for the advice, I think I may have an old sewing kit around here somewhere, I'll see if I have something that may work in there, but I guess I'll probably pick one up if I can't find one around here. Thanks again! :)

TERAPET 05-11-2009 11:21 AM

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th-60 min body sculpt class
May 6th-60 min Zumba; 60 min Yoga
May 7th-60 min step class

May 8th-30 mins treadmill (4.4)
May 9th-75 mins step class
May 10th-75 mins step class

Delphi-The only reason I have a tape measure is from a home economics sewing class in high school a long, long time ago. Does home economics even exist anymore? I certainly have never been much of a seamstress, but the tape measure does come in handy for monitoring body weight.

CMof4-Yeah for Motrin!

Lewis-I noticed your miles are increasing on the Nordic Track. Good for you!

Wifey 05-11-2009 02:27 PM

Oh, I've been lacking in the dog walking dept! :(

I've only got 60/840 so far!
I've also only got 90/720 for my regular gym exercise!

Gotta get moving this week!!! :running:

mcrunner 05-11-2009 02:31 PM

After a few days w/o internet, it's good to be able to read again. Not thrilled with my whole week last week. Did get 2 good runs in, and one weight workout, but not the 4 days a week and 2 weight workouts that are my initial intention. Today is going well.
Ran 3 miles, 20 minutes on elyptical, weight/core work.

Hopefully there will be lots more of that this week.

Newshinyme 05-11-2009 03:50 PM

Time to post here!
So it's a new week and a new chance to meet my goals :D
And seeing how well everyone is doing here will keep me motivated since I don't want to be posting a bunch of zeroes next to my name.

Delphi: For the weight on the Wii, I try and wear about the same thing every time (yoga pants and sports bra) and always pick the light clothing option. I know it won't be 100% accurate, but I try not to focus so much on the number and more on the downward trend on the graph :D
Oh, and measuring yourself is a great way to keep track of your progress. I do mine about once a month so that when I do, there's an actual difference :)

I did some Weight Loss Yoga this AM, but I think I will still add some cardio later in the day. You all inspire me!

Instead of having a gigantic post with all my days, I will report on the current week (Monday-Sunday) and add a cumulative value for the previous weeks.

May 1-10: Exercise days: 5 Exercise minutes: 185
Week of May 11 - 17:
May 11: Weight Loss Yoga 30 min.

Ms Perception 05-11-2009 04:23 PM

Hey all...I read all the posts from the weekend and was so encouraged and challenged to get moving and keep trying new things and more intensity. I am 9 of 11 on workouts vs. days. I do need to get into more intense workouts, though. So that's kinda on my to-do list. This is NOT the week to think about such things, but next week I shall see what I can do to add more to my exercise routine.

Jacqui_D 05-11-2009 07:32 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jayagoddess: Exercise regularly

Jacqui_D 05-11-2009 07:33 PM

Be back later after the Y to post personals, ladies!! :)

Newshinyme 05-11-2009 07:54 PM

Just updating my post with all the exercise for the day:

May 1-10: Exercise days: 5 Exercise minutes: 185
Week of May 11 - 17:
May 11: Weight Loss Yoga 30 min. + Wii Fit Aerobics 25 min = 55 min.

JAYAGODDESS 05-11-2009 08:03 PM

May join your fun challenge too????? :)

Lewisempire 05-11-2009 09:08 PM

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9- 3.2 miles nordic track (45 min ( HIT) 1 mile walk with pup!
5/10 - 4 miles nordic track (57 min (HIT) 3 miles walk with pup, weed garden
5/11 3.9 miles NT, 3 mile walk with pup, and shopping???
5/12
5/13
5/14

JAYAGODDESS!!! of course!!! If you have a specific goal in mind, post it and Jaqui_D will add you to our list of fame!!! Good luck!

Newshinyme- You have lots of time left in this month, you can do this!!!! Keep it up!:carrot:

Jaqui_D- dying to know how you did at the Y tonight, I will try to check in again before bed.......

MsPerception! You are doing so well!!!! You have been an inspiration to me! PPPPPPLLEase keep up the good work!

Terapet- thanks for the encouragement! I am only 11 days from going on my cruise, and I know it is last minute, but I always work better under pressure! HAHA!:^:

Wifey- oohhh your poor puppy!!! mine won't stop yelling at me until I take her for a walk. She is some kind of hound mix, and boy she can go on and on and on. I thank goodness for her though, she is my most faithful exercise buddy! :yes:

I am gonna bounce over to the sister thread, catch you all over there! Keep up the sweatin girls!!!!

Jacqui_D 05-11-2009 09:32 PM

Jaya, good to have you!!! Just let me know your specific goals and I'll add them to the list!

Lewis, remind me never to go to the Y at night again, lol! For one, I'm exhausted! For two, that's when late teen-early 20s jocks come in, flaunting their muscles like peacocks and scouring to pick up girls, who, of course, are there with their hair looking all cute and make-up all freshly done, lol! And those boys don't even wipe down the equipment! Thank goodness I wipe it down both before and after I use it! Nope, no more night-time workouts for me if I can help it! Today just slipped away from me before I knew it!

Wifey and MC, I'm sure you'll get lots of good exercise in this week!! We're rooting for ya!

Ms_P, are you back up and running on your computer now?!

NSM and Terapet, looking good! Keep it up!!

You're welcome Delphi! The tape measure does come in handy when the scale gets stuck! Lol!

FullSteamAhead 05-11-2009 09:45 PM

Hi girlsssssssssss :) wowee is the thread hopping and you girls hopping :carrot::carrot::carrot: wtg on the workouts! Real sleepy tonight so I'm going to head to bed early and catch up with some rest. So glad I went went for a walk with DH after work. THe route was so beautiful and it smelled so good. The wisteria is in bloom as are the lilacs! Heaven. ANhyow, going to post my m inutes and head over to our other thread for a quick hi and then hit the hay. Jacquiiiiiiiiiiiiii, noooooooooo! lol Don't you dare put that in the goals :lol: I don't do my exercises buck naked, lol...haha. I weigh myself buck naked. ANyhow, I think your teasing me :lol: Lewisssssss, [email protected] wild thing. :) You gals rock. Hope you all have a super day tomorrow. Delphi, I took all of my measurements today too! High time I did. Thanks for getting me to do that girls. Welcome Jaya :) and a big hello t o you all! Catch up with you all soon.
5/1 -62 min. (45 min. wii aer., 17 min. u.b.s.t-upper bod strength training).
5/2 -20 min. walk
5/3 -20 min. wii aer.
5/4 -75 min. ( 45 min. walk, 30 min. wii aer.)
5/5 -40 min. (20 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t) many hrs. spring cleaning.
5/6 -40 min. (walk, out w/DH)
5/7 -45 min. (wii aer.)
Total: 302 minutes

5/8 -30 min. walk
5/9 -took day off
5/10 -55 min. (35 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t)
5/11 -35 min. walk
5/12
5/13
5/14
Total:

iDream 05-11-2009 09:48 PM

Good evening ladies! Just coming back to update...

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins New and Improved Treadmill

Okay girls I did it. I decided after the Spin Class Extravaganza that I needed to beef up my treadmill workout. So, I decided that I would keep it at the highest incline I've mustered (unfortunately I don't have any idea what level or # it is because my treadmill doesn't have that info--just a button that makes it go up and down :lol:) and to maintain a 3.8-3.9 for speed. Still not satisfied that that was enough, I got it in my head that I was going to start out running! :rofl: Oh my heavens was that ever funny! After about a minute of jogging--because come on, me--RUN? *snort*hahaha--I decided to just run for one minute every 5 mins for 30 mins. Surprisingly, it kicked my heiny!!! I was huffing and puffing like a madwoman and had to have my son run up and get me a towel to wipe my sweaty face!

So, all in all, I think I was successful in upping my workout--even if I did look like a drunk doofus weaving back and forth all over the treadmill during my jogging stints!:woops: :lol3: Thank goodness my treadmill is in the basement! ;)

Hope everyone had a great day! Keep up the fantastic work ladies! :)

Delphi 05-12-2009 07:06 AM

:lol: @ crazymomma! :congrat: on up'ing the workout. I hope when I see onederland that I can do that as well. Right now, I'm most comfortable at 3.0 anything more and I simply can't get my legs to move that fast. Alas, one day it will come. Patience is indeed a virtue. ;)

Welcome Jayagoddes! :)

Alright now to post daily progress, then go run my mouth over in the sister thread. ;)

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill

End of Week 1

May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 12--40 minutes on treadmill