3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 05-08-2009 10:56 PM

NSM, yep, me too! I'll be checking in to see that update!! Good for you, chickie!! :spin:

Fressca, great job meeting your goal this week!! Yay! :cp:

CMof4, congrats on meeting your goal too!! Woohoo! :yay:

Newshinyme 05-09-2009 12:46 AM

Well....I did it!! Can't thank you enough guys! And of course I feel so much better for it :)

May 1st: 45 min free step and stability ball workout.
May 2: Off
May 3: Off
May 4: 20 min free step and 15 min. ball workout = 35 min
May 5: 10 min. free step and 30 min. weight loss yoga = 40 min.
May 6: walked 25 min.
May 7: 0
May 8: 30 min. free step and 10 min. ball workout = 40 min.

Talk to you tomorrow! DH is kicking me off the computer.

Jacqui_D 05-09-2009 07:26 AM

NSM, that is so great!! Good for you!! Woohoo! We knew you could do it!! :yay:

Jacqui_D 05-09-2009 07:27 AM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week

iDream 05-09-2009 07:35 AM

NSM ~ Woo hoo! Yay! So glad to see you posted an update--and that you feel better for exercising! :)

Delphi 05-09-2009 08:00 AM

Ran my jaws a bit over in the sister thread so I'll just post daily progress today. It REALLY feels good to get back to exercising after a day off, but I feel much better by taking that day to heal. :carrot:

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill
May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]

colebear 05-09-2009 10:51 AM

May 3rd - Sculpt 1-2
May 4th - Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100 *
May 5th - Sculpt 1-2
May 6th - Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper & Zumba Class @ work
May 7th - Sculpt 1-2 and FLEX class @ work
May 8th - Didn't make it to my Sweat 1-2 Video, but I cleaned house for an hour
May 9th - Rest day

One week down! I see everyone is doing great and reading your posts everyday really helps keep me motivated! Thanks!

Jacque9999 05-09-2009 01:01 PM

May 1st - Did full body circuit at gym...took an hour and a half.
May 2nd - 1 hr of pilates mat class, 20 min of Arc Trainer and 15 min of treadmill (pilates was the only thing on my original schedule)
May 3rd - Usually a rest day, but I feel like I will want to do SOMETHING later. Weather isn't supposed to be great so a walk with the dogs might not be doable. Any suggestions for something easy?
May 4th - 15 min Arc Trainer, 12 min Treadmill, 1 hour of pilates mat class
May 5th - 10 min Arc Trainer, 30 min weight lifting, 15 min bike
May 6th - 15 min Arc Trainer, 12 min Treadmill, 1 hour of pilates mat class
May 7th - Wasn't as intense as I would have liked because of TOM...10 Min Arc Trainer, 40 min upper body

May 8th - Full Body workout - in gym for1 hour
May 9th - 40 minutes pilates on machine with new higher level dvd, will take a walk later.

Fressca 05-09-2009 01:05 PM

Hey Jacqui_D, thanks for the cheer - amazing how good that makes me feel!

Week beginning May 1:

May 1: Spin class (45 mins)
May 2: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 3: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 5: Spin class (30 mins)

Week beginning May 8:

May 8: Spin class (45 mins)
May 9: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)

Lewisempire 05-09-2009 02:32 PM

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9- 3.2 miles nordic track (45 min ( HIT) 1 mile walk with pup!
5/10
5/11
5/12
5/13
5/14

Jacqui_D 05-09-2009 02:39 PM

Delphi, I do hope your muscles are feeling better today! I know you're happy to get back to exercising. :yes:

Colebear, great job on the first week! Woohoo! :cp:

Joci, looking good! :spin:

Fressca, you are welcome! Look how great you're doing! You deserve to feel good! :carrot:

Lewis, you're just racking those miles up! :yay:

I got my strength training in today and an extra 15 minutes of walking! Yay! :D

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked!

FullSteamAhead 05-09-2009 05:11 PM

good afternoon girls :) Hope everyone is having a great day. Newshinyme, wtg on that workout! :carrot::carrot: Jacqui, right on! wtg on getting your strength training in today :cheer2: Delphi, look at those minutes today! :carrot: wtg! Are you having fun with the wii? Wait until you start unlocking stuff, oh it's so fun. Lewisempire, your kicking it girl..wtg on getting those walks in. Jacquee, super start to the week girl! : ). Freesca, Msperception, colebear, crazymamaof4, icandoallthings, terapet (kicking hiney : ) ) and to all of our girls here, a big hello...way to go on the workouts ladies. Everyone is doing great... :cheer::cheer:

Jacqui, I have been meeting my exercise goals but until you came along didn't see no concrete " met goal" in red! lol. So I am loving t he list and it will be real nice to see that and have that extra incentive. With that being said, god forbid I don't meet goal now! :lol: :hug: Let's keep on rockin' chickies.

5/1 -62 min. (45 min. wii aer., 17 min. u.b.s.t-upper bod strength training).
5/2 -20 min. walk
5/3 -20 min. wii aer.
5/4 -75 min. ( 45 min. walk, 30 min. wii aer.)
5/5 -40 min. (20 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t) many hrs. spring cleaning.
5/6 -40 min. (walk, out w/DH)
5/7 -45 min. (wii aer.)
Total: 302 minutes

5/8 -30 min. walk
5/9 -took day off
5/10
5/11
5/12
5/13
5/14
Total:

iDream 05-09-2009 06:45 PM

Wow you ladies are rockin'!!! You're all doing fantastic!

I just noticed that my goal says Strength Train 4 days a week--I need to change that to 3 days. I'm doing some form of cardio daily (either treadmill or 30 Day Shred) and then I'm alternating my ST'ing so it's ST, Cardio, ST, Cardio and so on. Depending on how the week runs I'm either going to do 3 days or 4 of ST'iong so I'll just say 3 and any week that I end up doing 4 days I'll just call it a bonus. ;)

Tomorrow I'm going to be going to a spin class with my friend and I gotta tell ya girls, I'm scared! LOL I've never done a spin class--ever and I can't remember the last time I was on a bike! Haha, so this should be interesting and depending on how clumsy I am--quite a show as well. ;) Wish me luck!

I'll be back later to update my exercise. :)

Delphi 05-09-2009 06:52 PM

@ fullsteamahead ~ I absolutely love it. The tennis I really like. I couldn't stop playing it. I was all over my living room trying to hit that ball :lol: Good stuff! Not much of a work out but definitely something to get the heart pumping. Definitely looking forward to unlocking some more modes on the Wii Fit though. How do you enter your weight for your clothing? I went with light, but now that I think about it, my clothes don't weight one pound..what the hay is up with that? :lol:

crazymomma ~ good luck with the spinning class, let us know how it went. :)

Jacqui D ~ It did, it really did..my day simply doesn't start right without that routine in the morning. But I may just take every Friday off though, I know my body needs a break from time to time.

Jacqui_D 05-09-2009 07:46 PM

FSA, I know, lol! That red "Met Goal!!" is like a getting a gold star on your paper when you were a school kid! :lol:

CMof4, I've made the change in your strength training goal!! Yes, 4 times a week is a little much for strength training!! :lifter:

Delphi, I think taking a day off each week is a great idea! I considered that for this month when I was making my exercise goal, but I was not secure enough in my commitment to exercise yet to trust myself, so I decided against it. I know I can control my "all-or-nothing" thinking when I am truly committed to something, but since I am relatively new to regular exercise, I think the more exercise I do right now, the more committed I'll feel toward it, and eventually I'll feel safe enough to take a day off each week, knowing I'll return to it without a problem. So, maybe next month...or maybe not, lol!! We'll see! :exercise: