Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lene, good job! Hehehe!

Delphi, FANTASTIC!!! WOOHOO! Let us know if that weight loss is a definite (I don't see how it couldn't be if that's what your scale read!!!) and I will put MET GOAL!! next to that goal in the list! Yay!! And if you want to set a new goal, you can. If you decide to, I learned from Saramommy's experience last month to keep the original goal in the list and then add the new goal too. That way, it shows that you have met at least one goal!!

Crazymama, you rocked that b-day party!! WTG!!! I love that kind of commitment! Now, I'll need to follow your lead because I have a bridal shower to go to today! It helps that I no longer want to eat those foods. I want to be a healthy weight above all else! I agree with you on the measurements. It's amazing how muscle tone can change a body shape, even without a loss in lbs!

Well, ladies, I have to get moving for that bridal shower. I'll be back later in the day. Have a great day everyone!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #122  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose at least 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Old 05-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #123  

morning girls Hope everyone slept well and woke up to a good day.

crazymama, scaleski, and Fenderella to the May challenge : ).

Lene, wtg on the water, book, etc. Yessssss , I am very excited about tomorrow and so happy we are doing it together. I must of already told DH 10x this weekend, "I start the SBD Monday with Lene" , lol . Lene, I never made it to the market yesterday. We attempted to, went up there and I just literally could not go as I was not feeling so great (don't know exactly what my problem was yesterday because I feel fine today) so we ended up coming back and in the evening, I just took it easy and got a good nights sleep. I got some carbs in yeserday Lene, oh I am going to be feeling the lack of them (the bad ones) and I can't wait! I will be ready tomorrow my friend .

Rowenna, congrats on a healthy OP day and the loss. 75 minutes of Yoga is fantastic exercise!

Hi Michelle, congrats on a much more OP day yesterday and ty for sharing your story and also tips with us (regarding running) . Sounds like you have yourself a good plan there, wtg!

SupaChix A happy Birthday to your hubby and dad! . We are excited to have you here as well, I think it is just so wonderful that you are both doing this together. Wtg on getting a walk in yesterday and I hope you all have a fabulous time at the park today.

Jacqui, hi there. Yes, excited about tomorrow. Ty for the encouragement : ). I have prepping to do today to get ready.

Jacquee, first and foremost, let me start by saying this is typically not a problem for me (the reverse is). I have days where I am not hungry but it never is long lasting enough to be a problem or to affect my cal intake,etc. The only time I have a problem with that is in the morning when I feel "I cannot stomach" food (and have tried to train myself by eating small amounts at this time in order to get accustomed to having something). Are you accustomed to eating at certain times? I am thinking maybe if you have frequent mini meals or snacks, every 2-3 hrs. even, it keeps metabolism going but also may help to train you or may aid you in eating a little more. I am not sure if this helps Jacquee or how long lasting your experiencing the "no hunger" issue. Perhaps someone with more experience with the issue may be of more help, and if you need more answers or input, keep in mind the general weight loss support forum. The ladies are super there and you can gain a wealth of knowledge and answers to almost any topic or question addressed. Keep it in mind. I just love your little darlings! . Are they little poodles?

Lene , have fun at Hershey park with your daughter today . Want to hear how bad I am? The name of that park reminded me of something edible have fun : ).

Delphi, congrats on your loss In regards to a morning WI, that is the only time I WI. What we consume during the day (food, fluids) can have quite an impact on weight changes. I pick approx. the same time to weigh In and go by that. Good luck and keep us posted . Also, ty for the kind words. Keep up the good work.

Hi crazymoma...........good for you! . Congratulations on
passing up on all of those temptations! You really did super avoiding all of those temptations and holding strong! Weekends are not the easiest time to start and you started the month with a bang! keep up the great work

Hi to all of you ladies. I hope everyone is well and having a terrific weekend.

As for me, I did manage 20 min. walk yesterday but I have so much to catch up on today and that good night's sleep last night did me wonders! Have a wonderful and successful day ladies, catch up with you all soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #124  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
FANTASTIC!!! WOOHOO! Let us know if that weight loss is a definite (I don't see how it couldn't be if that's what your scale read!!!) and I will put MET GOAL!! next to that goal in the list! Yay!! And if you want to set a new goal, you can. If you decide to, I learned from Saramommy's experience last month to keep the original goal in the list and then add the new goal too. That way, it shows that you have met at least one goal!!
Thanks guys! Actually down four pounds for my weigh in this week, so yeah, I met my goal, but since the accumulated weight loss included days that were not apart of the month of may, I will keep my goal in tact and go from here.

Oh..did I happen to mention you guys Rock today? Well..just know that you do!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-03-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling. :)
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #125  

S/C/G: J- 198/196/163 B- 254/246/200

Lene I know exactly what you were saying about the exercise. Case in point on Fri when Bre went to her friend's house. Yes it was cold and wet outside, but I had no excuse for NOT exercising just because she wasn't here.

We got a laugh out of the dog where we went for our walk. We were coming back home and the dog was panting and starting walking slower and slower. I said to the dog that we would get her some water when we got in the house and a Dingo (which is her favorite treat), her head spun and looked at us and she picked up her pace! We laughed and Bre said something else about a Dingo (by this time we could see our driveway) and the dog broke out into a run towards home. We were dying laughing- I thought it's like offering me a ding-dong if I finish my walk. Just a funny- or at least we thought it was.

Thanks for the compliments on our avatar ladies. Bre was trying to talk me into another picture cause she doesn't like that one. :-)
SupaChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #126  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
I just love your little darlings! . Are they little poodles?
I wish they were mine!!! One is my mom's and the other is her sister's. They are toy maltese. They weight no more then 3-4 lbs and are ADORABLE!!! When my mom got Sophie 2 years ago, I thought no way would she be able to handle it. So much so that I told her if she bought the dog and it didn't work out, I would take the dog. She takes her everywhere!!! They are so cute together, so I don't think I will ever get her.

As far as my "non-hunger" issue, yes I do eat about every 2-3 hours regularly. It's not like everyday I have this problem but there are some where it happens and I worry that if I don't eat it will sabotage my progress.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi again.

No Hershey Park today, the drizzle turned to rain so we decided we would go another day.
I wrote my menu for the week. I feel more prepared then when I'm trying to pull dinner together on the fly. So I'm off to the store. I'm really dreading the bill, eating junk is so much cheaper. On another note, water is good so far today.

Supachix~ Cute story about your dog. I think it's great you are including her in on the exercise. It's just sad but I could seriously go for a Ding dong now. (darn me and my cravings)

Delphi~ 4 pounds is awesome, you are awsome!!! I think I would burst if I got on the scale tomorrow and lost 4lbs. I know how much you want this. Great Job!

FSA~ I wasn't feeling great yesterday either. Just kinda dizzy and lacking energy, maybe sinuses with the weather changing so quick? I feel fine today though and I'm glad you do too. I'll check in with you tomorrow my friend.

Jacquee~ I would love to have that non hunger problem (Then I wouldn't be squishy in the middle.) I don't think you should force yourself to eat if it really makes you sick to think of it but if that's not the case, I would nibble on something to keep your metabolism up. Take care.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #128  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1974 View Post
Hi again.
No Hershey Park today, the drizzle turned to rain so we decided we would go another day.
Jacquee~ I would love to have that non hunger problem (Then I wouldn't be squishy in the middle.) I don't think you should force yourself to eat if it really makes you sick to think of it but if that's not the case, I would nibble on something to keep your metabolism up. Take care.
I do try to force it for just that reason. Oh by the way, I live about 15 min from HP!!! We're neighbors....unless you are just visiting the area.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #129  

Hi girls : ) checkin In.

Delphiiiiiii, what a terrific loss! Congratulations! wtg! keep up the awesome work.

SupaChix, that's funny about the doggie treat! : ). Regarding the pic, that's a super pic, you both look terrific in it! Did you make it over to the park today? How did it go?

Jacquee, they indeed are absolutely adorable! . I have a little pomeranian and thought she was small at her mere 7 lbs.! That is nice that your mom goes everywhere with her, I wish I did more with mine out of the house. I'm a bit on the overprotective side and the poor darlin gets carsick so she is more of a house doggie. Regarding not getting her, at least you get to visit with them and maybe auntie Jacquee babysits sometimes too .
Regarding the days you don't eat as much, from what I understand ...if we go under 1200 cals for a legth of time, that's when our metabolism may slow. As far as the time frame goes for when that slow down takes place, that's a tough one...I have read so many various t hings on that issue (and it can depend on a lot of factors) but read that if one were to have very few cals, in about 48 hrs. it might take effect (metab. slowdown). That is based on so many factors and those stats change quite a bit but I wouldn't worry too much if it's for a day or two and personally would try and have more cals or up it on the 3rd day or so to keep it from going down or counteract it. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing the pup story lol, they are soooo cute!

By the way, I am in Mass. girls! That taste of warm summery weather sure felt great last week.

Lene, it's a yucky day here today too! I was lazy to go to the market but was real happy when I went and got my things and I bet you were too after : ). Regarding not feeling that great and the weather changes and all, yessssss, I really think it may have had something to do with it. Everything is in bloom here now (and as beautiful as it is) the pollen count is quite high. Even though it hasn't been hot past few days, the air feels a bit thick...perhaps some humidity in the air (which I feel ). It was a good day to get the chores and groceries done.
My goal for tomorrow will be to do my workout first thing (before any chores , etc) because it just starts my day off right and gives me a 'feel good" feeling and always insures a good OP day. I need to write in my journal tomorrow (I have been slacking), adhere to my menu and work on my water. I am looking forward to a new day tomorrow Lene. I know we are going to rock it and I want to say thanks because I have been thinking about going back to ph1 for so long now and well....thanks I know we are going to rock it, no question in my mind! We both really hold ourselves accountable, that's good! One day at a time!

MsPerception, cake, christian, urockmom, Scarlet, and so many more of you.. stay in touch girls A big hello to all of our girls, I hope everyone is having a good day. We'll talk soon
Old 05-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #130  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

WOW! This thread is hopping!

It took forever but I'm finally all moved! And I'm totally counting it as exercise! Now, I just have to start the process of getting everything in order and set up. Cable guy is coming tomorrow so I'll have internet in my room! Pullo seems to be doing well in the new place. Nessa is a big help! WI this week was down .6, not much but at least it's going in the right direction again.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #131  

Hi JasonsLea, great to see you girl I am glad that your all in moved in n ow, wtg! I don't blame you for counting it as exercises! It's big time exercise! lol. That's great that your down .6, good work! Happy to hear as well about Nessa and Pullo adjusting to his new surroundings. Thanks for keeping us posted and keep up the great work Lea .
Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #132  
Woman On A Mission

FullSteamAhead - It's so funny you would say "Auntie Jacque". My mom always says that too... Sophie (her dog) really she is my sister. I have 2 older brothers, so when my mom got her, I was so happy I got a "little sister". Of course then my Aunts dog, Tucker, is my cousin.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #133  

Lea, that's great news that you are all moved in now! And I agree, moving is definitely exercise!! Happy Housewarming!!

Delphi, congrats on the four lbs!!! That is such great news!! It has to feel good!

Jacque, I have a problem with not feeling hungry too, only my problem is not that I can't stomach food; my problem is that I forget to eat! When that happens, I have to play catch-up on my meals and snacks as I try to make sure I get a proper number of calories in. It's bad enough if I forget to eat once in the day, but sometimes I forget more than once! I used to do this as a teenager a lot. I'd go a whole day not remembering if I ate. I make sure I eat now, even if I forget to eat on time! I'm really bad about lunch. I am constantly trying to fit a lunch in around 3 pm because I forgot to eat around noon, and yet I have dinner planned for about 6. And of course, then I'm not hungry for dinner and to complicate matters I still need to get enough calories in to cover the mid-afternoon snack I missed! I've even thought about setting the alarm on my cell phone to make sure I eat on schedule! And then I also have trouble with not feeling like eating, in other words, when there's just nothing that I feel like having. That's easy to fix though. I just make myself eat something regardless. After all, it's not that I can't stomach it; I just don't "feel" like it. Overall though, the biggest problem I have is with forgetting to eat. By the end of the day though, I always make sure that I have gotten enough calories. I just don't like how late I have to eat some of them sometimes!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-03-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #134  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

I am finally done with my last paper of the semester! Today was pretty good. I'm bummed that it's still raining - I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, but I was not too motivated for the gym. I just want to go outside! My food was good, though. I went out to my favorite place for dinner and stayed OP, and I drank a ton of water today, so I feel pretty good about myself! The weekends are so hard exercise-wise. I never have trouble on weekday going to the gym, but on the weekends I'd just rather do something fun outdoors.

Oh well, tomorrow will be a fresh day!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #135  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Haha I just read through the last few pages of this thread - everyone is so motivational! The funny part was how many times I read "be sure to drink your water!" so cute. I am going to go have another water bottle, even though I know i'll be up all night in the bathroom!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote