Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I am definitely in, then. I'm excited!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #17  

This sounds perfect. I really need to bump up the exercise. I would love to join!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I am interested but I will be having major abdominal surgery on June 30th so I will be out of commission for quite awhile into July (and maybe August). But being in for two months to really kick start me might be good... What do you think - should I jump in or sit on the sidelines cheering?? I won't be able to do much exercise wise for at leat two to four weeks post surgery.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #19  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i would like to participate, im not taking summer classes so i'll have more time to devote to my goals....my daughter will be home (she'll be 6 in september) but ill make sure i make time for my goals or i can include her in some things too!

hi everyone!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #20  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

I wanna join up too! I'm new around here(so new that this is my first post) and this challenge is just what I need!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by econ nerd View Post
I am interested but I will be having major abdominal surgery on June 30th so I will be out of commission for quite awhile into July (and maybe August). But being in for two months to really kick start me might be good... What do you think - should I jump in or sit on the sidelines cheering?? I won't be able to do much exercise wise for at leat two to four weeks post surgery.
I think it would be okay...but just to be safe you may need to check with your doctor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleygirl82 View Post
i would like to participate, im not taking summer classes so i'll have more time to devote to my goals....my daughter will be home (she'll be 6 in september) but ill make sure i make time for my goals or i can include her in some things too!

hi everyone!
I'm not taking any summer classes either thank goodness!!!! LOL!!! Finals are the end of this week and first of next week....but no biggie! I am lookin forward to getting the first challenge started. I will have my daughter this summer too (while the hubby is off working during the day it will just be us here). She is two....we may have to overcome our struggles together LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2behealthy View Post
I wanna join up too! I'm new around here(so new that this is my first post) and this challenge is just what I need!
I'm so glad your joining up! How exciting! Hope your ready for a challenging summer and to burn some butter!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm in!

Can anyone recommend a good bootcamp workout dvd?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #23  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm in....I already am on schedule to count calories and do pilates and cardio 2 days a week. Cardio and weight lifting 3 days a week and pilates alone on Saturdays. Sundays off...although yesterday I really felt like I wanted to do something but obviously my body had other plans...I was wiped out from the whole week and a busy weekend outside. Anyway...I also am starting a real boot camp May 19th so I am ready for any challenge!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #24  

Wink Are you getting ready???

Is everyone getting ready for the May bootcamp??

I just wanted to remind everyone that the May bootcamp thread will be going up probably no later than Thursday. This is so everyone will have time to log on and put down their start/goal information. Now be sure when you list your goal information it is only from month to month and not for the whole four months....cause your overall goal may change!

During this time everyone needs to make sure they are......

Figuring up exactly how much weight they want to lose per month and then taking that number and figuring up how many calories per day you need to be deficient to meet that number....this will help you know how many calories per day you can eat and how many calories per day you will need to burn in exercise!

E.g. If you want to lose 7 pounds in the month of May then you need to say 7 times 3,500 (7 x 3,500 = 24,500). We do this because there are 3,500 calories in a pound...and to lose 7 pounds you would need to burn/lose 24,500 calories! Now you take that number and divide it by 31 because there are 31 days in the month....so 24,500/31 = 791 calories rounded off. This means that for everyday in the month you need to be burning/losing 791 calories either by eating less or exercising more or a combination of the two.

So how do you know how many calories per day your body uses to know if you are cutting calories? A general method that is used is to take your body weight and multiply it times 10. So, if I wanted to lose 7 pounds in the month of May, and I currently weigh 260...the first thing I'm going to do is subtract 7 from 260.....(because I want to lose 7 pounds) and use that as my start weight....I can explain this to anyone who doesn't understand ....no biggie...I'm just gonna try to shorten this post a little....so 260-7= 253 ....so now I take 253 x 10 = 2,530 and that is roughly the amount of calories my body needs to just maintain a weight of 253 pounds...BUT...if I cut out 791 calories per day I can lose 7 pounds this month.....so lets say I am going to eat 1800 calories per day....then I would say 2,530 - 1800 = 730 calories that I have cut so far per day......So...I would only need to burn about 60-100 calories per day in exercise to reach my goal!

I hope this helps some of you while setting your weight loss goals for the month of May and deciding exactly how your going to do it....don't forget to come up with a back up plan for if it rains or something...also decide NOW what you are going to do to combat those high calorie birthday parties, family reunions, church gatherings, and BBQ's that happen all to often during the summer!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
I'm in!

Can anyone recommend a good bootcamp workout dvd?
YES! I love Jillians "30 Day Shred" OR Billy Blanks "Tae Bo" or any of his

bootcamp workouts..............I also have a few of The Biggest Loser

bootcamp/workout DVD's!

I can usually find them pretty cheap at Wal-Mart or ebay....but if there is

anyone who is really short on money they can try their local library.....usually

they have a descent selection.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
I'm in....I already am on schedule to count calories and do pilates and cardio 2 days a week. Cardio and weight lifting 3 days a week and pilates alone on Saturdays. Sundays off...although yesterday I really felt like I wanted to do something but obviously my body had other plans...I was wiped out from the whole week and a busy weekend outside. Anyway...I also am starting a real boot camp May 19th so I am ready for any challenge!!!

Cool maybe you can tell us what your doing in the real boot camp and giv eus some ideas for this one!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #27  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Cool maybe you can tell us what your doing in the real boot camp and giv eus some ideas for this one!
I will do that...It starts May 19th...Tues/Thurs/Friday. Maybe once it starts, I can start a thread and add what we do each day. Someone might have to remind me closer to the time. My memory isn't what it used to be

On another note, I just got 2 books that I think are really good.

Eat this not that....even though alot of the restaurants they have in there I have never heard of or aren't in my area, there still is alot of good info for someone who is counting calories. Plus there are other sections i.e. supermarket shopping or what do do if you are feeling a certain way.

The other is the Biggest loser 30 day jumpstart. This seems like it is wonderful folks who have alot of weight to lose. It's simple to follow and has great tips and motivation through out the book. I think I am already beyond the point that I would need to follow this for 30 days, but again, there is alot of good info in it. I especially like some of the recipes and really like some of the exercise routines.

That is one thing that I have to master....is knowing what to do when I go into the gym. I like to have it written out for me before I even walk through the door. Literally, I write down what exercises I am going to do.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #28  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

McKenziesmomma-it's nice to know someone else will be in my situation for the most part (it's just her and i) my finals are today, tomorrow and wednesday and im struggling to not binge my anxieties during this time lol...good luck on your exams.

Last edited by Haley8203; 04-27-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 232/227/130

Height: 5'5"

I'd like to join! I'm new too

Can you tell me a bit more about the 'boot-camp approved' exercises? When it gets light earlier, I bike to work (3 mi each way) and I was planning on also trying C25k this summer too. I'm not sure I can do those things and another workout DVD on top of that
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #30  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I'm in. This sounds like just the challenge I need. Plus, I'm actually joining BEFORE it starts. I'll be back later to post goals.
Closed Thread