3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Summer Bootcamp Series Sign Ups! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170145-summer-bootcamp-series-sign-ups.html)

zoochick777 04-28-2009 03:34 PM

I'm definitely in! I am taking summer classes, but they end at 11:20 am, then I have the rest of the day off. I need to work as hard as possible this summer because in the Fall I will be taking 18 hours and I'm sure the classes will consume my life for those few months. Can't wait to start, thanks Mel!

McKenziesmomma 04-28-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoochick777 (Post 2717680)
I'm definitely in! I am taking summer classes, but they end at 11:20 am, then I have the rest of the day off. I need to work as hard as possible this summer because in the Fall I will be taking 18 hours and I'm sure the classes will consume my life for those few months. Can't wait to start, thanks Mel!

I had 18 hours last fall and 19 hours this spring...YES school will consume your every waking moment it seems!!! LOL! But it will fly by. Hopefully you will create some good habits this summer that will stick with you through out the next fall semester!! :D

Banapple 04-28-2009 05:51 PM

Thanks for the links and info, Mel! I think I'll pass on the running because of the weight issue. I don't want to kill my poor ankles. I think I'll join the situps and maybe the other ones too though!

So far I'm on track today as my first official day to a healthy lifestyle, but we are approaching the evening where all my greatest binges have occurred! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!

Can't wait for the challenge to begin!

-Angie

Haley8203 04-28-2009 06:43 PM

well if it makes u feel any better im at about 295 and i can run, weight isnt necessarily an end all....but running is an acquired taste thats for sure

Jacque9999 04-28-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haleygirl82 (Post 2717957)
but running is an acquired taste thats for sure

And I don't have a taste for it at all.:mad:

McKenziesmomma 04-28-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banapple (Post 2717900)
So far I'm on track today as my first official day to a healthy lifestyle, but we are approaching the evening where all my greatest binges have occurred! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!

Can't wait for the challenge to begin!

-Angie

Angie - I'm excited for the challenge to begin as well! I think it is great that you recognize where your weaknesses are....or what time of day they are. Try eating half your supper (you will probably be full) then put the other half in the fridge and when you get ready to eat/snack later at night eat the other half...that way you are still on track with your calories! Or you can try cross-stitching or some other hobby!

Tamara
- I never got your PM...have you sent it yet?

tmil206 04-28-2009 11:01 PM

Oh, I cant wait for this challenge to begin. I wish it was right now. :) I have been doing so well and today I weighed in and was up a couple of pounds. This was after I had been sick a couple days and continued to stay OP. :( Then after that I ate terrible today and did not work out at all. :( :( :(

I need to kick it up big time starting again tomorrow. I'm going to Vegas beginning of June and buying a swimsuit at the end May. I have no time to slack at this point. Must get moving! :)

Banapple 04-28-2009 11:32 PM

I have run before years ago. I don't really love it or hate it. I do believe it'd about kill me right now though! Haha. I'm about pushing 40 yrs-old on top of being so big. I want to shed some pounds and get my energy up and give it a try then. I have heard that that interval type training is very beneficial, burns a lot of fat.

Well, I did do that, Mel, if you can believe it! I ate a little bit for dinner and then ate a little tonight and now I just need to remember how well that works and continue doing it like that!

Sorry you had a bad day, Tmil. But now you've got your eyes on the prize - your vacation and hot body swimsuit! You'll do great tomorrow!

I wish I could create a signature cuz you all have such cute ones! They don't let newbies do that until they've posted so many posts and been a member like 20 days, because of spambots. :(

-Angie

FABlynne 04-29-2009 12:10 AM

I am definitely in! Sounds totally motivating!

Tamara 04-29-2009 08:46 AM

PM sent, Melissa!

McKenziesmomma 04-29-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmil206 (Post 2718320)
Oh, I cant wait for this challenge to begin. I wish it was right now. :) I have been doing so well and today I weighed in and was up a couple of pounds. This was after I had been sick a couple days and continued to stay OP. :( Then after that I ate terrible today and did not work out at all.

If you like you can go ahead and put your plan into action just as if the challenge has already started...that way you have a few days before the challenge starts to test your plan and see how doable it is and if anything needs any adjustment/tweeking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banapple (Post 2718368)
Well, I did do that, Mel, if you can believe it! I ate a little bit for dinner and then ate a little tonight and now I just need to remember how well that works and continue doing it like that!

Angie....Im with you I have a hard time remembering to do that. It is all about creating habits. I'm going to try measuring out my food and fixing my plate and then taking half of that food to another plate....then wrap up the first plate and put it up...yeah I know I will dirty up two plates...but if it helps me lose weight isn't it worth it???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamara (Post 2718657)
PM sent, Melissa!

I got it and replied! Hope I helped!

Haley8203 04-29-2009 01:05 PM

my signature comes up on another thread but not this one what the heck!

oh there it is nevermind lol it didnt show up on the other post

Banapple 04-29-2009 02:41 PM

Haley, do I take it you're using tattoos as your reward?? Do you mind if I steal that idea? I love tattoos and currently have 4. I think I'm due for a new one but let me work towards it!

-Angie

Haley8203 04-29-2009 06:37 PM

Banapple-Go for it! I'm glad I helped you with an idea. I only have one but there's 2 more that I know right now that I want but I'm gonna make myself work for it lol

mtiger 04-29-2009 07:22 PM

I am currently in the BL competition. That will be ending here shortly so I am totally up for a new challenge. Please count me in.

Someone was looking for bootcamp ideas. BL bootcamp is awesome. Jillian's shred is a butt kicker and she also has 2 new DVD's- No more trouble zones and Banish fat, Boost Metabolism. She also has a kickboxing DVD. Jackie Warner from Bravo's "workout" has a good Dvd also. Yep, I own them all and rotate through them.

Ready to rock.