3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Summer Bootcamp Series Sign Ups! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170145-summer-bootcamp-series-sign-ups.html)

Purplefirefly 04-27-2009 12:11 PM

yay! I'm in!

econ nerd 04-27-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma (Post 2715308)
I think it would be okay...but just to be safe you may need to check with your doctor! ;)

Alrighty I'm in :D I'll do this month by month and likely for July I won't have as much exercise (I will certainly check with my Dr to get the OK to resume exercise).

I plan to calorie count and for exercise I will do the C25K and the 200 sit-up and 100 push-up challenge. I plan to add more exercise as the time passes.

The healthier I am for June 30 the easier and faster my recovery will be - that is good incentive!

It's also ironic that hubby and I are planning a major clean-up of our apartment (beginning after my teaching and grading and his classes are done end of next week) - we have way too much stuff and need to get that under control too - so your FlyLady thing will be good.

This challenge is coming along at a good time for me :hug:

PammyFl 04-27-2009 02:09 PM

Im in! I need a little extra push for summer!

McKenziesmomma 04-27-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haleygirl82 (Post 2715513)
McKenziesmomma-it's nice to know someone else will be in my situation for the most part (it's just her and i) my finals are today, tomorrow and wednesday and im struggling to not binge my anxieties during this time lol...good luck on your exams.

Don't binge!!! Get you some air popped popcorn or something to snack on while you study! I know it can be stressful. My school has split up our finals this semester....Today was the last day of school and Tues and Wed are study days...Thurs through Wednesday are our finals. Good luck with yours!

Quote:

Originally Posted by econ nerd (Post 2715734)
It's also ironic that hubby and I are planning a major clean-up of our apartment (beginning after my teaching and grading and his classes are done end of next week) - we have way too much stuff and need to get that under control too - so your FlyLady thing will be good.

This challenge is coming along at a good time for me :hug:

Just make sure you take it slow....if you follow her steps to creating your "control journal" your life will always be in order....just be realistic and if something doesn't work out rethink it and adjust your plan! What is really awesome is that all her stuff is free! She is truely an amazing woman!!!

McKenziesmomma 04-27-2009 02:47 PM

Hey Purple :wave:

Hey everyone :wave:

It is really great to see so many people signing up!!!

sweetandspicy 04-27-2009 03:29 PM

I am in.. I have my Jillan Michaels DVD and am doing LAWL

Jacque9999 04-27-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyofsix (Post 2716048)
I am in.. I have my Jillan Michaels DVD and am doing LAWL

I posted this question somewhere else, but still haven't gotten any feedback...maybe you can help. I used to do LAWL but now am counting calories. Having said that, I did really like LAWL and especially the fast forward juice (I think that is what it was called). The juice you would do for 2 days. I also loved the LA lites. So my questions are, what do you use for the juice, what was the menu for the 2 days you do with the juice and what do you use for the la lites?

Thanks
J

HeatherEljohari 04-27-2009 04:08 PM

Im excited! :carrot:

Banapple 04-28-2009 12:17 AM

I want to join! This sounds like a great challenge! I need some kick-butt boot camp to get me into shape. I'm super new at 3FC - this is only my 2nd post - so bear with me. What's C25K?

~Angie

Dixiemae 04-28-2009 01:17 AM

I am in Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat

Haley8203 04-28-2009 06:34 AM

Banapple- Welcome to 3FC! C25K is for those that are super new to running and someone that is doing it can be more specific but I think it's for 8 weeks and you start off with walking and then walk/run intervals and the just running, I believe. There's some threads about it in the exercise section I think. When I started running I didn't do this exactly cause I didn't know about it but I did my own variations of the intervals until I was able to run and then had my first 5k

McKenziesmomma 04-28-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banapple (Post 2716707)
I want to join! This sounds like a great challenge! I need some kick-butt boot camp to get me into shape. I'm super new at 3FC - this is only my 2nd post - so bear with me. What's C25K?
~Angie

:wave: and :welcome3: to 3FC!!! The C25K stands for "Couch to 5K". It is a 9 week program designed to get you off the couch and jogging 5K (about 3.1 miles) within the end of the 9 weeks. I have tried it before. It was pretty tough about the 4-5th week. I think I had trouble with it because I was so heavy, but that is just my opinion. I definately plan on trying it again once I hit ONEderland. Here is the website for the program if you are interested in trying it....just scroll down...I think it is closer to the bottom of the page??

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There are also some other great things like this out there...

there is a 100 push ups challenge and a 200 sit ups challenge that takes about 6 weeks to complete...here are the links for those as well...

http://hundredpushups.com/

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

http://www.twohundredsquats.com/ (WOW they even have a 200 squats now!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemae (Post 2716744)
I am in Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat

Hey Pat! Glad to see ya here! I know I am in need for this butt kickin' I'm about to give myself...LOL!

Tamara 04-28-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma (Post 2715356)
Is everyone getting ready for the May bootcamp??

I just wanted to remind everyone that the May bootcamp thread will be going up probably no later than Thursday. This is so everyone will have time to log on and put down their start/goal information. Now be sure when you list your goal information it is only from month to month and not for the whole four months....cause your overall goal may change!

During this time everyone needs to make sure they are......

Figuring up exactly how much weight they want to lose per month and then taking that number and figuring up how many calories per day you need to be deficient to meet that number....this will help you know how many calories per day you can eat and how many calories per day you will need to burn in exercise!

E.g. If you want to lose 7 pounds in the month of May then you need to say 7 times 3,500 (7 x 3,500 = 24,500). We do this because there are 3,500 calories in a pound...and to lose 7 pounds you would need to burn/lose 24,500 calories! Now you take that number and divide it by 31 because there are 31 days in the month....so 24,500/31 = 791 calories rounded off. This means that for everyday in the month you need to be burning/losing 791 calories either by eating less or exercising more or a combination of the two.

So how do you know how many calories per day your body uses to know if you are cutting calories? A general method that is used is to take your body weight and multiply it times 10. So, if I wanted to lose 7 pounds in the month of May, and I currently weigh 260...the first thing I'm going to do is subtract 7 from 260.....(because I want to lose 7 pounds) and use that as my start weight....I can explain this to anyone who doesn't understand ....no biggie...I'm just gonna try to shorten this post a little....so 260-7= 253 ....so now I take 253 x 10 = 2,530 and that is roughly the amount of calories my body needs to just maintain a weight of 253 pounds...BUT...if I cut out 791 calories per day I can lose 7 pounds this month.....so lets say I am going to eat 1800 calories per day....then I would say 2,530 - 1800 = 730 calories that I have cut so far per day......So...I would only need to burn about 60-100 calories per day in exercise to reach my goal!

I hope this helps some of you while setting your weight loss goals for the month of May and deciding exactly how your going to do it....don't forget to come up with a back up plan for if it rains or something...also decide NOW what you are going to do to combat those high calorie birthday parties, family reunions, church gatherings, and BBQ's that happen all to often during the summer!

Hi Melissa, I'm sending you a PM about this now. I have questions.

McKenziesmomma 04-28-2009 12:36 PM

Tamara - I'm ready and waiting for your questions :D

mayness 04-28-2009 02:04 PM

I'm in! :carrot:

I've been slacking all year so far... I've lost, but not a lot... and I'm ready to kick my butt into gear.

I bet if I really work at it, I could get to my goal weight by the end... or at least really close!

I'm so excited about this... although I'm always excited when I start a new challenge, and it doesn't always last, lol.