3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/169643-w-o-w-declaration-thindependence-%7E-week-2-a.html)

Nixmom 04-20-2009 10:53 AM

W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 2!

New Week, New Thread Ladies.... Lets light the fuse and kick of the scale fireworks.

I am back from Havasu and brought weight back with me! :( Sounds like a few of us need to get that spark back.

Not to worry, we have each other and can make better choices today, starting now....

How were your weekends?

mothermavis 04-20-2009 11:01 AM

Hey to all, has been a hectic 10 days. Got lots of sun and brought home a ton of sea urchins, which I am now cleaning for the shells.

I don't think I did alot of damage over vacation. Was trying to come back one under when I left, may do that when all the water comes off. I came back ballooned up from the ride, no bones at all in my ankles wrists or fingers to look at me, rounded right up. Scale was 148 when I left and 152.4 this am, so, either way, focus should get me back there.

I went and collected my dogs from the vet this am, they had boarded there. None the worse for the wear, Maggie, my old lady doesn't eat much there, so she lost a few pounds, but she is overweight, so the spa week helps her. Cale apparently thought I was never coming back, he has puked 3 times on 3 separate carpets since he got home. Just drinking too much and too fast, but would be nice if he'd stick to one spot....

I have to go back to work tomorrow, getting back to the grind and believe me, I know how lucky I am to have a job. I have to get to the cell phone store too, YS phone quit working last night, only a few months old, but what a PIA.

Hope everyone is well!!

W 100, just made some fresh herbal iced tea.
E Ew, lots of cleaning today and a round on the elliptical.
E Back to Low Carb, I know it works for me.
D Fly lady here I come, my house is a mess.

JAYAGODDESS 04-20-2009 03:37 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I started a 21 day challenge with my daughter who is 16. She wants to lose 46 pounds, and I want to lose quite a bit more like 105 pounds. I want to make sure that she does it the right way. Eating healthy and exercise. She knows that there is no miracle pill and that it has to start with eating, exercise and sleeping. So we get up at 6:30 AM in the morning, and then go on our walk at 6:45AM. We complete our walk at 7:00AM. This is just a refresher walk to get moving for the rest of the day.

We took before photos- Eeeeekkk
We weighed ourselves this morning (GULP)
We will not weigh ourselves until the 21 Challenge has completed
We have journals to log our food and exercise
At the end of the 21 day challenge we will get one outfit for completion as a motivator and a token for the hard work
I came up with the 21 day challenge
The next challenge she will come up with the name and the amount of days
She said to me this morning mom when I lose my 46 pounds I will still walk with you and we can still do our routine so you can reach your goal too. I thought that was very sweet.

How was everyone's weekend? I hope it was a good one...

Cheers~

mtiger 04-20-2009 06:00 PM

Hey Ladies. Just hanging around here infat land. That 3 pounds is still here and making me grumpy. Why do I feel so much fatter when it's only 3 pounds? Well I will work out good and hard tonight and see if that helps.

MM, Nix- Let's work it hard girls and this baggage will leave.

Grazer 04-20-2009 08:07 PM

For the first time in months I have had a spot on day. Stayed within range, exercised, and drank water. I feel great. Gotta keep it going!

Nix- thanks for getting our week started. Let's get sparked!

MM- can't believe that time went by so fast. I'm sure those pounds will be gone in no time. Fly Lady is a great site!

Jay- WTG on working on the challenges with your daughter. I walked with my Mom all of the time when I lived home.

MTig- Is that TOM Monster still hanging around?

I got an idea from a TV ad for a mini challenge. Let's try to do some form of exercise during an hour television show we watch. I'm planning on diggin' out those old stretchie bands for a couple of nights this week; just to see how it goes.

mothermavis 04-21-2009 06:09 AM

Grazer, I love that idea. I will dig out my stretchie bands and my exercise ball. Exercise thru commercials. Awesome.

Mindy, I am with ya, just keeping at it!

Jaya, good for you and your daughter. What a great motivator for both of you.

Where are the rest of y hiding? Come out, come out wherever you are!!

OK, got to get back to work today. It'll take about 10 minutes for that vacation glow to get burned right off, but I am lucky to have a job in these times.

W 100 - Bought a new 32 oz jug for my water while on vacation. 3 a day at work and will be almost thru my water for the day!
E Crunches and elliptical this am, have to be careful, tweaked a hamstring yesterday trying to bathe our 120# rottie who did not want a bath. (I won)
E OP, POP
D One choice at a time.

Holyteror 04-21-2009 09:44 AM

Morning ladies!
I can only dream of vacation right now. I can't schedule much time off since everyone and their dog already has it booked. DH and I were chatting last night about the job market and how it stinks :( My new small business is going to be what gets me out of my current job. I just have to really work at promoting myself and getting shows booked. When I start making as much as what they pay me at the office (or less according to DH) I can dump my dayjob. What a relief that would be.

I'm gonna run to the grocery this am and pick up some salad stuff. Not sure what's for dinner as I have a meeting tonight. I really need to work out, but the last 2 nights I've been so stressed with trying to find another job that I don't get to bed til way after midnight, and have zero desire to wake up at 6. I'm working on it though..

NurseMichelle 04-21-2009 12:37 PM

Hello all. Everyone sounds so excited and motivated....here I come to burst the bubble.

I need to take a break from this challenge.

Something horrible is happening in my life right now. I know that sounds dramatic and I'm not going to go into detail right now. My children, husband and my marriage are fine (no one is sick or dying, I promise) but something really bad happened with me. I want to talk about it but for right now, I'm too ashamed.

I'd like to keep my goal the same, as I'm sure I'll be back around in a few weeks or so.

Just please think about me now and then and pray for me. I'll be back and tell you all about it when I can. if anything, I wish I could get all your support right now. It's really bad. I love you all and treasure the online friendships I've made with you all. :(

JAYAGODDESS 04-21-2009 04:09 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone:hug:

Thank you all for the nice comment on my challenge.... it made me smile... :)

NurseMichelle - We are here for you and we will have your in our prayers and we will keep positive.... :)

I hope everyone is having a great day...I should have brought more healthy snacks...lol...I had only 2 slices of cheese with 2 slices of turkey meat...and I still have an orange but I am saving that for like until 3:00 so that it will tie me over for dinner. I still need to go grocery shopping but cant until I get paid on thursday....so it is slim pickins for right now.....

Grazer 04-21-2009 05:36 PM

Day 2 OP and got the exercise in at lunch time. Tonight I start the stretchie bands during commercials; if and when I get to sit.

NurseM- Sending positive energy and a great big HUG your way!!!

mtiger 04-21-2009 07:11 PM

Michelle- :hug: You know we are here for you when you are ready.

Sorry I am going to be a downer today, but it is mid-cycle time and I up a whole stincking 5 pounds. WTH??? Why can't I be normal???

JAYAGODDESS 04-21-2009 07:37 PM

You know what the hardest thing for me to kick is the pepsi that I love in the morning. I used to drink it all day long...but now I have cut back to only one soda allowed and for the rest of the day I drink water so far I have had 48 oz ....and I will be going for another walk this evening. ...not sure what I am going to have for dinner yet... :)

Holyteror 04-21-2009 09:01 PM

Nchellie: we'll be here when you get back. Just come back!

I'm functioning today. That's it. Just functioning :)

e32 04-21-2009 09:19 PM

hi everyone, i'm back from nyc...i had a great time seeing family and we had good weather mostly...i can't say i stayed on plan--lots of eating out. wasn't able to do any extended amounts of cardio but we did do lots of walking. i haven't weighed myself to see the damage yet, but i'm sure there was some. i've made my peace with it for now i suppose. i'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine (to include more frequent posting here). :)

michelle i'm sorry you're going through a hard time, you're definitely in my prayers. even if you don't want to talk about it, come back soon!

mm i'm having the same problem--i currently have no ankles--yuck. that happens everytime i fly. :(

grazer--glad you had a better day!

shari--hope the moving is going well

everyone else, i'm so glad to see you all again...looking foward to catching up more soon and getting to know you newbies. :) i don't think i intro'd myself during this challenge yet--i'm 27, live in oregon and work as a music teacher. i mostly run on the treadmill and swim as far as exercise goes. i've plateaued at 158 (believe me once i break this one there will be great rejoicing!)...

W 64
E back to the gym tomorrow for 1 hr cardio
E just eating on plan is fine for now...no more cream of whatever vacation food :)
D keep perspective

mothermavis 04-22-2009 06:07 AM

Michelle, we are here for you when you are ready. :hug:

E, lets drink extra water and see if our ankles can be visible again by Sunday.

Grazer, I still have to look for my bands, will do that today after work.

Jaya, I struggled getting rid of soda too, but mine was diet pepsi, I drank like a 12 pack a day!! I traded it for a crystal light vice, but at least with that, I dilute it about 4 times as much as they say (1/3 or so of those single serve ones to 32 oz of water) It helps me.

HT, I was away, so not sure I saw what your new business was. Is it something with your crafts?

MTiger, hang in there chickie, soon it will go back down again.

W 100 oz- I've gotten this since I got home!
E Crunches, elliptical
E OP, POP again today
D Make it a good day or not, the choice is yours.