Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

45 min of elliptical this morning and hope to get in some strength training with My Fitness Coach on Wii this afternoon. I'm still sore from yesterday's workout!

Just left the Chesapeake Bay and I'm heading for Greenbelt Park.

Jen

Last edited by JennyRaye; 04-14-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

First I'll start with good habit that I acquired. That would be my intake of water! Oh my - it has increased! I just feel super dehydrated when I don't drink a lot of it.

Second I have a question.
So I do some gymnastics after practice and will be doing an adult class. Does the whole messing around on the tramp and dancing through the pre teams routine count for the miles? I know the adult class will, but I haven't started that yet.

So I had an off day yesterday, but I am planning on being super good today and not let it happen again. I have such a hard workout planned tonight with a new friend/coach. Every Tuesday we stay after coaching and do some conditioning and I think it's been helping me with daily exercising because I know if I don't do the daily I will DIE on Tuesdays. LOL So I'm flushing the salt out of my body today. haha
Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Thanks for breaking that down. To think that I could be in ONEderland by the end of the challenge!
OMG! ONEderland in just a few short weeks! How exciting for you!!!! Just think where you will be by the end of the summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
I'm right behind ya! Got the dog and the boyfriend out for a 45 minute walk! It was fantastic! And the boyfriend took the scale. He will only allow me my 1xaweek weight in. ;0)
What a great idea...I think I may have to do the same...cause I cheated this morning and I didn't like what I saw...however I vowed to myself I wasn't going to give up. I did some strength training yesterday and I'm really sore...I figure my muscles may be retaining some water to flush out the lactic acid build up and I am therefore having some water weight that will go away...I will keep my fingers crossed...but no more weighing until Sunday! I will give the scales to my hubby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
THAT WAS ME!!!
It works so well!!!
I walk at least 45 minutes 2 times day .
And when I am on the phone I walk~If I TALK I WALK!.....

Ok~For those who have asked what plan I follow~I count calories & do my walking. I am On 1400 to 1450 calories a day~
I started out with no walking and was losing weight so quickly that I wanted to add in some exercise...SO I didn't look Or feel out of shape when I reach my goal....And I started out with walking 15 mintues 3 times a day.
Then upped it until I eventually got to 45 minutes 2 times a day~plus if I am on the phone I walk.(Although sometimes I get my 45 mintues in that way too.)
First of all...THANK YOU for the idea of "WALK while you TALK!" Secondly...I'm so excited for you! You are such a smart cookie for figuring out how EASY weight loss can really be! You know honestly weight loss is really easy...just as easy as weight gain. We can all still eat the things we want to eat....we just have to get lower calorie versions of them and watch our calorie intake while doing some exercise...and we take things so overboard....we think OMG! I have to lose it all right now....and we put too much on our selves and we get burnt out....we restrict our diets too much and then we binge...It is crazy! I will definately use that website and the info you posted! I am so glad Eny PM'ed the folks who had left and got many to come back. AND I'm glad you came back Lori! This just goes to show how much we can motivate and help each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you....you have motivated and empowered me to no end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
OH~I almost forgot to add,
Calorie counting is free!!!!
Plus the walking is free!!!!

As an added note I lost my first 13.3 lbs With no exercise~But I do recommend exercise. But Just changing your calorie intake will help with weight loss.
Your right...free is good and limits excuses doesn't it!!! And I think part of the reason you were so successful was because you did the food part first without exercise and then gradually built the exercise into it and added on to the exercise.....this kept you from getting overwelmed and quitting! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to read your goal story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I really, really did not want to exercise this morning...I wanted to SLEEP! But I made myself get up and get going and just do it and I am glad I did.
I'm glad you did too!!!! Good job! And at least it is over with for the day...unless you want to make a few phone calls and walk around the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
Just left the Chesapeake Bay and I'm heading for Greenbelt Park.
Dang woman! Your gonna be in sunny California before you know it!!! LOL!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-14-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Dang woman! Your gonna be in sunny California before you know it!!! LOL!
LOL! Purple is ahead of me--well on her way to Georgetown!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I'm glad you did too!!!! Good job! And at least it is over with for the day...unless you want to make a few phone calls and walk around the house
Finished? for the day? I wish! I want to do a lot more today....especially since I didn't make it to the track. It literally was impossible today and not my fault, but I am bummed I didn't get to go walk in the rain again...I am finding I really enjoy that for some reason! I am about to go do a workout from the All Star series on FitTV, called slowrobics with ellen barrett...I just love her! it's a really good workout that gets your heartrate up and works all your muscles so you are sore...but without heavy weightligting and without a lot of jumping around...just like it is called "slowrobics" it is awesome! Anyway, it would be good for anyone who likes lower intensity stuff but still wants a good workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
LOL! Purple is ahead of me--well on her way to Georgetown!
you have to try and catch me
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. My sisters' mother has taken a turn for the worse. The nursing home has called the family in. My sister is out running errands. She doesn't know what is happening. As soon as she comes home I will tell her and go the the nursing home with her. she was there for me when my mom died. It is hard to follow, It is a long story. Her mother is like a second mother to me. This has hit so hard, so fast. I don't know what the next few days will hold. Thank you all for your love and support!!! Pat
Old 04-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #67  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

McKensiesmomma~I am soooooooooo glad this is helping you.
I Will be excited to read your goal story as well!!!!

Purple~I hope it helps people~I just figured most people was like me and didn't know all that stuff.......So I hope everyone goes back and reads it.

HUGS EVERYONE!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #68  

50 minutes of slowrobics and my butt and thighs are on fire

Pat You are in my prayers. It seems like this is such at trying time in your life, I really wish you peace soon. Hang in there. You have to be on pins and needles waiting for your sister to come back!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #69  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Dixiemae - Praying for you now girlie. Hope things are okay.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #70  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i am going to a new bootcamp tonight that is supposed to last an hour. i am going to try to get a run in after that. so i should have about 90 minutes in for the challenge!

i am forcing myself back on the wagon i turn 26 tomorrow!

dixiemae - i will keep you and your family in my prayers

Last edited by bjeweled; 04-14-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 275/275/180

hello I'am new to this and would love help in this weight lose battle...your challenge sounds great i weigh 280 pounds and am 5'3
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #72  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Dixiemay I went back and read after I posted~
You ,Your sister, and her mother are in my prayers .
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #73  

Rig!

Bjeweled!

So much to celebrate today

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 04-14-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi girls!

Got 45 min in, so that puts me at the Maryland line. Ive been sick so slowley but surely.

Dixie- Im sorry to hear about your loved one. I know how it is, my grandmother just died last week at the nursing home she was in. Ill keep you in my prayers.

Some of you girls are kicking booty and arent wasting any time getting to Cali.

Melissa and Lori- I tryed talking on the phone while walking on the treadmill and it just wasnt working out, I was huffing and puffing,lol. Ill try casually walking around while talking on the phone next time.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Pat - Your family is in my thoughts and prayers

Heather - You are always sick girl! Take some vitamin C and get out to see the sun more often! LOL!
Closed Thread