Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Eny - Thank you so much!!!!

Heather - I know! Sun and the sand....and the ocean! LOL!

So, Eny has done us all a big favor by breaking our goals down and showing us that what we want is very doable and realistic! I for one am SO GRATEFUL!
Seeing that I only need to lose 2.4 pounds or so per week really makes me feel like I can do this...I just have to take it a day at a time on plan and 2.4 pounds at a time!

For those of you who want to go even further and calculate how many calories per day you need to cut to reach your weekly goal follow this formula -->

# of pounds you need to lose per week TIMES 3,500 = # of calories you must be deficient for the whole week.

Then...

Take the # of calories you must be deficient for the whole week and DIVIDE by 7 = Number of calories per day you must be deficient...

EXAMPLE - I need to lose 2.4 pounds per week.

2.4 lbs per week x 3,500 calories in a pound = 8,400 calories that I need to be deficient for the week.

8,400 calories / 7 = 1,200 calories per day that I need to cut from my diet and/or burn from exercise!

This is completely doable. I can eat 1800 calories a day and exercise for 30 minutes per day and cut 1200 calories!

Anyone who is interested in figuring this out and needs help just let me know or PM me!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-13-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!

Eny, thanks for doing that math for us! Those goals look pretty realistic for the most part, and I hope we'll all do really well this challenge.

The best habit I've started is taking my lunch to school/work every single day! I started doing it to save money, but I definitely eat healthier because of it. Even when finances aren't as big a motivator, I plan to keep bringing my lunch every day.

I'm also drinking more water and less soda... although to be honest, that's also because I'm poor. I could stand to work on my water drinking a bit more.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #33  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!

Hey ladies!

I was a slacker that fell out of the last challenge. I am FIRED UP for this one though. I have 1.6 a week to lose. I know for a fact when I am not drinking my water... I don't lose like I should... SO:

I am putting a personal challenge out there to all you ladies to DRINK YOUR WATER EVERYDAY THIS WEEK!!! NO EXCUSES! We gotta kick week one off right, and let our bodies know that its okay to let go!!!!

You with me... I am so pumped!!!! Good luck everyone!

*Tattling on myself* Melissa, I stepped on the scale this morning out of habit and jumped off when I realized what I had done ... But I PROMISE no more till my WI day. Gonna put my boyfriend in charge of the scale again!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #34  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i know that i will have some ground to make up after easter. i am hoping that it is just water weight. my rings are a little tight on me right now. i have not and will not weigh myself until sat. when i weigh in.

eny--- 170?? hmmm i can do that! thanks for going through all that work and figure out the goal weights. ( i know that i have said that before and i am saying it a gain. because i know i sometimes over shoot on where i want to be.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls! I'm glad that all of you are happy with me doing the goals. I honestly think that soemtimes we know the end goal - but we try to bite off more then we can chew.

I just did my first 60 miles to California. I love this challenge... and the fact that minutes count as miles. This means that I'm already OUT of Deleware - and into MARYLAND! (Maybe I should visit my siter. )
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
*Tattling on myself* Melissa, I stepped on the scale this morning out of habit and jumped off when I realized what I had done ... But I PROMISE no more till my WI day. Gonna put my boyfriend in charge of the scale again!

LOL! Bad girl!!!! It has been really tough, but I haven't stepped on the scale not once today. I soooo hope I can make it through the week

Eny - AHHH!!! That is quite a head start you have there on us....I guess I better get my butt to movin'! Eny.....hang on here I come!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-13-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #37  

Talking Optional NSV Side Challenge

Hey all

Koshnogi had one of the best ideas for a NSV (non-scale victory) mini challenge. I thought it would be great to share her idea with you all and get everyone who wants to participate on board for a new kind of challenge!

So here is the deal.......everyone needs to get an article of clothing that fits a little snug...or maybe WAY snug. It can be an old pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a skirt, a dress, so forth and so on. OR...it can be something that is new that you are buying for motivation.

Either way....once you have your tight fitting item of clothing.
#1. Take a picture of yourself in it the way it fits now
#2. Hang it somewhere that will allow you to see it everyday (hang it on the fridge if you have too...LOL)
#3. Post your picture here and tell us what you are going to do to fit into the clothing item and when you would like to fit into it!

Have fun! And everyone Thank Kosinogi!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #38  
Caden's Goofy Gramma

S/C/G: 219/203/160

Height: 5'2½"

I should be able to lose .7 every week. Seeing it in black and white is gonna do it. Thanks for setting up the goals, Eny!

And now I'm off for my first 60 minute walk!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #39  

Red face My optional NSV pic and goal

Okay first of all this is a very embarrassing picture! Not only do I have the biggest muffin top in the world...but my house is also a mess

So everyone please excuse!!!

So...these are a size 22 jeans from Lane Bryant! I have never worn them. I can put them on and button them, but as you can see they are extremely TIGHT!!

My goal is to get as close to 240 as possible by the end of this challenge (5/25/09). That is about 16 pounds down from where I am now. I'm hoping that after losing 16 pounds, I will be able to wear these jeans comfortably...or at least a noticable difference!

I would like to wear them to my family's memorial day cookout, but any progress to them looking better than this by memorial day is fine by me!!! LOL!

Alright...here is the pic... Sorry it turned out kinda small???

Who is with me???
Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

OKay, I did 30 minutes with Gilad this morning and 45 minutes walking on the track...so 75 miles into the challenge already

As for changes I have made this year, we have switched completely to 100% whole grain breads, rice, and pasta. I also do not buy the sugary snacks for my kids, they are usually chomping on cucumbers or apples instead of the gummy bears and cookies. My son is also using soy milk in his cereal (he practically lives off cereal, his choice not mine ) and he likes frozen blueberries or bananas cut up in it now.

I was SO SLOW on the track today Since I started this training I get where I"m faster and feeling good then there is ALWAYS something that stops me from going....always!!!! I am getting so frustrated! But, I have come up with some solutions, including making a nice path around the backyard to walk when I can't get to the park. I am determined to make this work one way or another!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mel - what an AWESOME NSV. Good thinking Kosh! I unfortunately cannot participate inn this one - as ALL my clothes are tight - and will remain that way for another 20ish weeks. But it's a GREAT idea!

gg - I'm so glad you're with us. Keep us updated on the walking. that and are my favorite exercises!

Purple - way to fly right by me! GEEZ! I like your plan of walking in the back yard when you can't get to the track... you can also walk in your house. I'm not sure if you're doing distance walking or timed walking - but you can find music online that will set the pace for you. It already sets the beats per minute to the miles per hour for you. If it's timed walking - just start walking in place... move right to left etc. If you're interested - I LOVE Leslie Sansone's DVD's... and usually you can get them CHEAP!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #42  

Eny - I heard the most awesome idea the other day over on the 5 pound # 60 challenge....this woman says that anytime she is on the phone she walks from one room to another....I thought that was a great way to get 30-45 minutes of exercise in if your like me...I can spend up to an hour on the phone sometimes getting caught up with friends/family.....I'm going to try to start doing this
Old 04-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #43  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

SO, even after not eating very well for Hamfest 2009, er, Easter (darn you to heck, macaroni salad!), I got on the scale this morning and registered no damage. Whew!

Today, I started implementing my new ideas to ramp up the weight loss, and to develop independance in my exercise habits. I've decided that instead of griping about my unpleasant workout buddy, I will channel my frustration with her negative attitude into motivation to lose weight without her. I got up this morning and went for a forty-minute walk all over and around the neighborhood, and dropped into the gas station for a V-8 and a newspaper. Came home and ate a healthy breakfast (one poached egg, one piece whole wheat toast, V-8), and am about to do some crunches and a couple minutes of simple yoga before I start getting ready for work.

Lunch for work will be lots of raw veggies, a medium chunk of homemade, seasoned flatbread, and lots and lots of water. After work snack will be one light beer. It's my own version of a 100-calorie snack!

And now I'm going to check out this walking across the country thing I've read about in the thread, and build my ticker to contribute! Are we supposed to be trying to reach the first location by the end of the current challenge?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #44  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

OK I give up. Can somebody tell me how to modify the tracker to show miles walked instead of pounds lost? I figured out how to manipulate the html code to change 'lbs' to 'miles', but my knowledge of html stops there. For now, I'm not going to fuss with it, but am going to do some exercises. Help?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #45  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

yay new challenge!

things i have done well this year

1) drink water everyday
2) almost eliminated emotional eating
3) made exercise a priority no matter how i feel

things i need to work on

4) wake up early and workout
5) eat more fruits and veggies
probably some more cant think of anything right now...

i will begin tracking my "walks" i want to get to california and soon!
Closed Thread