Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #451  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

ok so today was so-so really did not want to do anything at all. but went and did 45 min of exercing. the only eating issue i had was i finished my son's dinner when i was not even hungry just a little while ago. so hopefully i will not be hungry later to night and no harm will be done.

eny--- i like the name you picked. sorry i missed it earlier i jut skimmed the posts this morning.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

It's a beautiful day - a great day for some R&R and ME time! Enjoy today girls!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Everyone,

Just stopping in to say hello. This month is crazy busy for me so I am not even trying to lose any weight right now. I am still following your posts but I can't do any challenges right now. Hopefully I won't gain any weight.

Eny-Landon is a great name. Good luck with your interview.

Congrats to all the students wrapping up the semester!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #454  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I'm going to have to PASS on the challenge because I'm solo today.

I did a whole bunch of stuff around my place yesterday, and I felt so good about going to the now-open farmer's market. Mmmm, fresh produce.

I'm anticipating Aunt Flo's visit. Her baggage is already starting to arrive in the form of emotional swings. Awwww, somebody's cute fuzzy dog makes me feel weepy and snuggly.

Oh, since we're supposed to do our own challenges, I thought I'd report back that speaking my mind was very successful in a business meeting. I wasn't sure what the guy would of my assessment, so I was hesitant, but he completely agreed. I also found out that, if a facial package tells you to test it on a small part of your body first, do that. I'm all itchy on my face and neck. At least the facial itself was relaxing!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Hey guys, just a fly by visit, hope everyone is well, so it's mothers day over there aye, it was in march for us, so happy mothers day to you all - well anyone who is a mummy.

So today I have been kinda busy, went to the cinema and watched x-men origins - wolverine mmmmmm he so pretty, then came back to exercise - got 10mins in and bam huge headache, sh says i'm dehydrated, he could be right.

So instead i did and hours ironing, I've since sat down and written a pre-emptive plan for the coming week, including exercise and mini food challenges, like eat at least 2 pieces of fruit which arn't banana's. drink x amount of water. I hope it kicks me into gear. I looked at my exercise journal from january and I hardly missed a beat, it just tapered off since then. so back on to up for me!!!

I hope

Good luck tomorrow ladies
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #456  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I walked a mile today, first time in like forever! It was SO FREAKIN HOT! But I made it and felt much better after downing a cold Powerade. I shall do it again.

I decided that I'm going to do the 100 Pushup and 200 Squat challenges. Memo to self: Do the inital tests when I get home tonight.

Eny ~ Landon, what a cute name. I need to come up with a nickname for the little dude! My baby brother and I are 8 years apart and taking care of him and my sister taught me alot about kids and myself. I know Hunter is going to be a great big sister and you are going to guide her right. Believe me, if she's active in the care of Landon, you won't have to worry about her having any of her own before her time!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #457  
this is my time

well not a bad day all in all. we went to breakfast at ihop this morning then after that we went bike shopping for Kayden. when we got home we started attacking the shrubs in the front of the house. taking them out. that was about 2 hours and now just finished dinner of chicken on the grill, candied carrots, and rice. we where working so hard that we missed lunch.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #458  
this is my time

good morning. well the plans for today are to clean the house and work out in the yard some more. oh and the normal exercise routine. so good luck to every one today.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #459  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Whoo-hoo!

Sorry I haven't been on much, chicks; Diary was here and we were pretty busy the whole visit. We did SO MUCH walking! and eating. and drinking... LOL
Anyway, I'm pleased to report that the scale shows a drop today, even though I drank like a fish and ate like a hog the last four days. Hah! Hooray for extra exercise, right?

Good luck to all in the weigh-in!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day and a wonderful weekend!

I had the most WONDERFUL Mother's Day! I got to go eat at a Japanese restaurant...I had never eaten Japanese before. It was so good. I wonder about the nutritional info though. I had the chicken and veggies but I bet it was high in sodium.

Anywho...just wanted to tell everyone that the I CHALLENGE THE PERSON BELOW ME challenge is OVER

I will think of and post a new challenge by the end of the day...right now I gotta go change a poopie diaper, then have some breakfast (yup changing a poopie diaper is just the thing to do before breakfast..LOL...keeps you from eating too much), and head out for a walk

I'm not crazy about my weigh in today BUT I'm excited about getting on plan starting today....school is out...I have had a great and fun weekend...now it is time for me to get busy!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #461  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Ick. I can see how a grungy diaper would be a great appetite-suppressant. I used to DVR Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe and other "gross-out" shows like that to watch when I got home from work, until I got into the habit of not eating after work (I get home late at night and go to bed pretty soon after I get home, so it's not a good idea for me to indulge in food at that time).

And I do hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. I'm not a mother, but it was a good day anyway
Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #462  

Default Mini-Challenge

Mini-Challenge

20 Questions

Okay...so I will make this challenge a little easier although hopefully just as effective.

The challenge this week is going to be a 20 questions challenge....simply answer the following questions....be realistic and TRUTHFUL!

#1. At the beginning of this year, we all set some goals. Truthfully...have you been on plan as much as you would like to?

#2. Look back at the goals you set for this year. Which goal have you done the worst at (i.e. water intake, exercise, food, etc.)

#3. Why have you done the worst at this goal?

#4. What are some things you can do to improve and meet this goal?

#5. Which goal have you done the best at?

#6. Why have you done well with this goal?

#7. WHY do you WANT to lose weight? Notice I said "WANT to lose weight".

#8. WHY do you NEED to lose weight? Notice I said "NEED to lose weight".

#9. Are you ready to get back on plan or have you BEEN on plan?

#10. How much weight have you lost/gained since January 1st?

#11. If you lose 2 pounds a week for the rest of the year (about 33 more weeks so 66 pounds) how much would you weigh? (Some of you won't need to lose 66 pounds)

#12. Wouldn't you like to weigh that on Jan 1st 2010...rather than gaining weight or staying the same? (UNLESS of course you have less weight than that to lose...LOL)

#13. It isn't too late....are you going to jump in and make the second half of the year count?

#14. If so....HOW? How are you going to make the second half of the year count?

#15. What body part would you like to improve most?

#16. What are some things you can do to make that a slammin' part of your body by Jan 1st?

#17. What is your favorive part of your body?

#18. Why do you like this part of your body?

#19. What motivates you to stay on plan?

#20. What will you do this week that will help you get/stay on plan?

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 05-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #463  

#1. At the beginning of this year, we all set some goals. Truthfully...have you been on plan as much as you would like to?

No...Not at all!

#2. Look back at the goals you set for this year. Which goal have you done the worst at (i.e. water intake, exercise, food, etc.)

Food!

I eat way too many calories, and I eat out way too much! I am always saying "I will start tomorrow!"

I can have a specific plan for my food, I can allow myself ONE splurge meal per week so I don't feel deprived, and I can keep a food journal so I can see if there are any foods that are causing me to splurge (trigger foods)

Not giving up! I'm still trying to lose weight.

I really want to lose weight....I know as long as I keep trying it will happen.

I want to look better and feel better about myself. I want to be able to wear cute clothes. I want to be able to get out and do things and not worry if people are thinking about my weight.

I LOVE my family. I want to be here for a long time. I want to have more children, and I want to play with my grandchildren. I want to see my daughter get married. I want to feel good while doing all these things.

I'm ready to get back on plan.

I have gained 13 pounds. WOW! Talk about a step in the WRONG direction

#11. If you lose 2 pounds a week for the rest of the year (about 33 more weeks so 66 pounds) how much would you weigh? (Some of you won't need to lose 66 pounds)
197! WOW...ONEderland!

#12. Wouldn't you like to weigh that on Jan 1st 2010...rather than gaining weight or staying the same? (UNLESS of course you have less weight than that to lose...LOL)
I would like to weigh that on Jan 1st.

#13. It isn't too late....are you going to jump in and make the second half of the year count?

YES

I'm going to go back and review my goals for the year...I'm going to recommit..and I'm gonna do it!

My stomach. I hate the way I look when I sit down...it is so big and always in the way.

#16. What are some things you can do to make that a slammin' part of your body by Jan 1st?

Crunches (all kinds), cardio, and low calorie meals

My eyes

No matter how big or small I get......I can put on make up and my eyes still look good!

Everytime I see myself....or feel uncomfortable in my clothes or in public.....this will motivate me

I will drink my water, plan my meals, and exercise for this week. I can do anything for one week.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Not at all!
staying within my calorie range everyday - logging my food intake - and WATER WATER WATER!
Because "I'm pregnant" It's my constant excuse! And the people that generally hold me accountable are using the same excuse for me... which just makes a vicious cycle for me.
WATER WATER WATER! logging EVERYTHING - planning things out better so that those late night cravings don't put me over the top!
Still exercising - and still going. Being able to look at myself realistically.
I feel better and hurt less when I exercise.
To be healthier - and for vanity sake... i don't want Hunter and Landon to have the "fat mom"
Health reasons - I swear my heart is goingt o give out!
I am ready - I've been doing a lot better the last few weeks - but there is still great room for improvement.
I've gained #19.8 - which is only #.2 less then what I intended to gain the WHOLE pregnacy!
I'd be #147.2
I'd LOVE to be... however since I can't modify my diet to lose #2 for at least another 20 weeks - my plan is to begin on 10/5/09 and lose #20 by 12/31/09
I'm DEFINATELY going to!
by monitoring my intake MUCH closer - stay within my range (1600-2000 cals/day) EVERYDAY and DRINK MY 64+ oz of water! This will slow - if not stop my weight gain entirely for the rest of the pregnancy. Oh also a lot more fruits and veggies instead of candy and ice cream that this little man seems to want.
my butt, thighs, hips... and after Landon's here - my stomach is going to need some DEFINATE work!
Donkey kicks - I can do those now, squats (doing the 200 squat challenge) and walking more.
my face
It's full of life and fun!
you guys! When you are kicking butt - so am I. I feed of others!
counting calories, getting some extra exercise - even if it's just walking around the yard, WATER WATER WATER!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, fun! I love answering questions.

No!

I never really set an eating goal, but that's been the biggest problem for me. Also, my exercise goal was not going well for the first few months of the year.

Eating: I get really sick of logging my food and calories every single day. I need some other way of keeping track -- but nothing else works for me, I find ways to "cheat" all the time.
Exercise: I didn't realize how inconvenient it would be to get to the gym, or how busy my schedule would be! Once I gave up on the gym and started working out at home, things improved.

I need to "just do it" in regards to counting calories! I know it works, and I know I don't have to do it for maintenance, so if I just do it for a few months I'll reach my goal and be all set.

Finances!

I was FORCED to stop buying stuff, stop eating out, buy the most affordable foods, etc. because we just didn't have any money. We're not out of debt yet, but now that my husband has a job, I'm SURE we'll be there by the end of the year!

I want to look better naked. I want to buy cuter clothes. I want to get to goal weight and maintain long enough that I feel confident getting breast augmentation (and not worrying that I'll gain the weight back and they'll be TOO big).

I don't, which makes it hard sometimes! But I think I'll be a lot healthier from keeping up this exercise routine and healthy eating.

I'm ready!!!

I've lost a little over 4 pounds. Ugh.

I'm not sure that's even possible, but if I lost 2 pounds a week, I'd be at goal in 10 weeks!

I'd love to be at goal by then!

YES!

I'm keeping better track of my food, making healthier choices for lunches, skipping the free food at school more often, and continuing with the daily exercise.

My stomach.

I need to do some core work more often, so that when this fat is gone, I'll have visible ab muscles to show off.

#17. What is your favorite part of your body?
My butt.

It seems to stay proportional and round no matter how much I weigh.

Most recently, seeing my husband's weight loss has been a big motivation.

Log my food EVERY day, exercise every day except tomorrow, drink plenty of water, have a salad for/with lunch every day.
Closed Thread