Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Mothermavis.....I will take your challenge...I'm sure I will go somewhere today...and I will park as far away as I possibly can

So I FINALLY cooked dinner last night!!!! It has been forever since I cooked...LOL! I'm going to start cooking and we are going to stop eating out....either that or I'm going to have to get a job ha ha ha!!!

For supper we had spaghetti...it was sooooo good. I made it with lean ground turkey and Newman's Own (or something like that) Spaghetti sauce! I LOVE his sauces! For one they are made with all natural ingredients....you know...the ones you can pronounce and know what they are...LOL! And for another thing....it just tastes good!!!!

So I'm vowing today that I'm going to start working on my water and STOP drinking diet drinks. This is going to mean NO exercise for a few days
Well....I KNOW I'm going to go through withdrawls from caffine for one thing...I will have MASSIVE headaches...I have already taken some asprin today to get ready for them...hopefully they won't last long...does anyone have any idea how long they will last???

So I'm going for 80 oz (10 cups) of water today and eat all my meals homecooked at home and watch my calories...that is my plan to get me through the next few days.

My feet and legs are soooo swollen and so dry and I know it is from lack of water....If I can get the swelling to go down and the dryness to go away I think I will feel better and feel more like walking and exercising. So....wish me luck

I challenge the person below me to drink 24 ounces of low fat or skim milk today!!!! Milk your diet!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #437  

Height: 5'6"

I'll have to PASS on the milk challenge. Only whole milk here, and hopefully by tonight that may be whole RAW goat milk! We haven't had any goats in milk for a while and we might be getting one tonight that gives almost 2 gallons a day, WHOA! Lots of yogurt and cheesemaking in the coming days!

Anyway, I wanted to post since I wasn't able to yesterday. My weight is down a tiny bit, I hope to see a bigger drop tomorrow since that will be my weigh in day. I have only got a little bit of exercise in the last couple of days, planning on getting a good amount in today.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #438  

Oh, Melissa, I hope your withdrawl symptoms are mild and go quickly. Its well worth it. I was just talking to my husband last night about aspartame and how it is a neurotoxin. Some people have very bad reactions to it. My mother-in-law drinks alot of diet and sometimes gives my kids cans of it but I won't let them drink it.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Well....I KNOW I'm going to go through withdrawls from caffine for one thing...I will have MASSIVE headaches...I have already taken some asprin today to get ready for them...hopefully they won't last long...does anyone have any idea how long they will last???
I've only ever made it 3 or 4 days before giving up, lol.

This last time I cut down on caffeine slowly, which was much more pleasant. You could take some excedrin (a dose has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee) for the headaches once a day or so, until you don't need it anymore.

I still drink caffeine sometimes... a cup of tea in the morning, or coffee after lunch, or diet soda if someone else is paying... but I can skip it with NO withdrawal symptoms now! It makes me feel much more free, and saves a ton of money.

PS: the thought of drinking 24 ounces of milk is making me gag, lol, so I'm going to have to PASS on that one!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

I take the milk challenge, it can be easy for me I'll have cereal with alot of extra milk

I think I've been pretty ok so far, I went and got my hair cut, gonna grow out the fringe and go for a more tousled look, i think thats the word.

Not sure what to do for food today, but so far I have had about 350kcal and its 7pm now. I am working through lunch, and guzzling caffiene like its going our of fashion. I know this isn't good but I am moving about a **** of a lot more and at a lot faster pace so that has got to be good. Tomorrow and Sunday I am planning to do 1 hour of Jillians banish fat boost and no more trouble zones, 1 each day, also I am gonna start the sit up and press up challenge, and hopefully walk for a while, I have to do a mojority of my exercise over the weekend now, which is a bit pants but never mind.

So guys I need a good detox for the next week to try and flatten my tummy abit for next saturday, any ideas welcome!!!

I challenge the person below me to eat there favourite berry fruit with greek yogurt for dessert or a snack (only cos I want it and have non in the house)

Enjoy it for me!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Kosh - I'm taking your challenge! I actually had that this morning for my snack.

I'm challening the person below me to doing this video IN ADDITION to your workout today! It's only 7 mins - YOU CAN DO IT!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTZIGHg-9MA

As for today - I've gotten a lot done.. I'm almost done w/ Hunter's quilt top. I'm hoping to finsih the whole thing by the end of the weekend. I'm also cleaning, rearranging furniture, crocheting, and as soon as I get back from getting Hunter from school I'm going to do my push ups for today... which I just realized I need to get my butt out the door!

I'll be back!!! Enjoy the
Old 05-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #442  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been so tired lately, I don't want to get on the computer. I need to get a fan, it's hard for me to sleep without the white noise. I do like living with Vanessa though.

Eny ~ I'll take your challenge, even though I have no idea what the youtube video is (I'm at work), just because it's you.

I maintained from last week, thank god. Pullo gave me a mini heart attack yesterday, if he keeps doing crap like this, I might have to give him up. I don't want to think about it.

I challenge the person below me to.....do 15 squats. Lame, I know.

Last edited by JasonsLea; 05-08-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #443  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I'll do the squats and and challenge the person below to say something to someone that's been on your mind or that comes to mind when you're in a situation. I find that I sometimes "eat my words" instead of saying them. Food is not a substitute for speaking your truth.

I've had an awful few days. There was a huge ordeal at work, personnel management stuff, that had me sick to my stomach. I confess that I turned to pizza to feel better. I didn't get overfull on it, but I did eat too much.

I'm so glad the weekend is coming. I have to work late tonight, but I'm planning to enjoy having some relaxation on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #444  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'll take that challenge, and I challenge the person below me to do some sort of exercise during commercials when you're watching your favorite show.

Sorry I've been gone so long, I've been super busy with school but..I'M FINALLY DONE THIS SEMESTER!! I just took my last final about an hour ago, and thank God I got an A. Now I'm just hoping my teacher rounds up my grade cuz my final grade is an 89.4. Monday I start my strict exercise schedule. I start classes again on June 4, so I'm gonna try to get in as much as I possibly can before then.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #445  

WoooHOooo Zoochick I will take your challenge!!!

I challenge the person below me to search on the internet for ONE new healthy recipe to try next week....AND you have to post the link to it here and share it with us!!!

Okay....there is a commercial on...I'm off to exercise!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #446  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!

It's been awhile, I've been distracted and sleepy! I'm up late tonight trying to get some cleaning done. I've let things slip way too much these last few weeks. It's time to get ahold of this house again.

My parents are coming over tomorrow so we'll do our Mother's Day then. Not sure where we're going but I'm sure it'll be good Started TOM today so I'm not expecting a whole lot for this week and I'm okay with that. Just counting down til our vacation.

Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #447  

Mel - I'll take your challenge! Actually I got on here this morning with the thought "whatever the challenge is - I'm doing it!" I'm glad it's something that my body can do without alteration!

I challenge the person below me to journal EVERY morsal that goes into their body today. Sometimes seeing is believing... and if you can see even the tiny bites here and there of things you're eating it's brings an "A-ha" moment of why the pounds aren't coming off as fast as you'd like!

Today I'm watching my friends kids for a little while - and working on the billion crafts that I've been mauling over in my head. I REALLY am now starting to enjoy not being at work... and of course money is tight and all that - and I'm still looking for work, and have the intervie on Tuesday - which I'm EXCITED about... but it's still nice to be able to get all of these projects done. I LOVE making crafts for Hunter, and now Landon... oh - did I tell y'all that we finally picked a name for the little man? It's Landon Miles I'm So excited! It's PERFECT!

I just did my push ups - max was 30 - and WOW my arms were BURNING!!! I also think that I'm going to start the 200 squat challenge too. I've heard that squats are actually really good exercise for labor & delivery preparation - and I want to be as ready as I can be! I'm going to go do the initial test in a little bit - and I'll put it in my signature. Ok off to stop WWIII from happening in my house between 2 kids that don't belong to me.

Last edited by Enygirl; 05-09-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #448  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

eny you're on. i'll do you challange. i challange the person below me to make a point of do a set of 15 jumping jacks. twice today.

any way on to the weekend and work for a strong WI on monday. i will be back later. just wanted to see what is going on.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #449  

MrsAugie - I will take your challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Mel - I'll take your challenge! Actually I got on here this morning with the thought "whatever the challenge is - I'm doing it!" I'm glad it's something that my body can do without alteration!

oh - did I tell y'all that we finally picked a name for the little man? It's Landon Miles I'm So excited! It's PERFECT!
I'm glad you could do the challenge too....and I LOVE the name you and Joe decided on! Does Hunter like it? Is she getting excited?!?! She is gonna be the BEST big sister!!!

I challenge the person below me to get active today with their friends/family/someone.....play frisbee....take a brisk walk at the walmart or mall before shopping....etc!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #450  

PASS I just wanted to answer Mel's post.

I LOVE the name too! And Hunter is getting VERY excited! Right now EVERYTHING she does revolves around her being a mom and working etc. etc. I love it!

Oh another thing I've discovered - I'm SO glad there's going to be 7 1/2 years between my kids! I've been spending a lot of time with friends that have 2+ kids that are all close togehter - and sibling rivalry SUCKS! Right now I'm watching my friends 5 & 7 year olds and they are driving me CRAZY! I know that with hunter and Landon, they'll have their issues - but not until they're older - and I think it's going to be less since they're different genders too. Oh - and it's like starting over with another only child. God seriously does know what he's doing! I'm also happier and happier about Joe and I's decision for me to get a tubal done after Landon's born.
Closed Thread