Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #421  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I see your pushups, Tessa, and raise you 15 Jane Fondas, both sides (the ones where you lie on your side, legs straight, and raise one leg in the air repeatedly with your toes pointed).

How funny is it that since this mini-challenge started, posts have dropped off dramatically?

Having a much better couple days since the weight-in. It's been raining so I haven't been going out for walks, but have been doing lots of squats, crucnches, Jane Fondas, and jumping jacks, so I think I'm ok. I'm also dropping a little bit of what I gained last week, much of which (not all) is attributable to TOM. I'll be back on track in no time.

I got compliments from people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight this week! Hooray! It's finally noticeable!

Remember, next person: fifteen Fondas!

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 05-06-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #422  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'll totally do your fondas, Rosie...

This might not apply to anyone, so please don't get offended. But, you know anyone who might be avoiding posting, maybe you could just post "PASS" and then post anyways if you don't feel like or are unable to do the challenge above. I like hearing from everyone and would hate to think people had dropped away just to avoid doing the challenges.

I'll challenge the person below me
to post how they talk themselves into making a healthy choice even when they don't really feel like it.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #423  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i am not avoiding anything just do not have much to say at the moment. and sprkle i ask myself why i am doing something especially if it is eating something that i do not need or am eating because it is there.

any way i had a serious case of the munchies to day. and i am still fighting the battle with the bed in the morning. it will not win. i will beat you at your game you soft, comfy, cozy bed i will win i will i will.

so i challange the person below me to do 15 extra minutes of exercise the next time you do it no matter what it is that you are doing.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hope everyone is doing well....I took my last final today...so YAY I'm free for the summer....till next fall anyways...and that is my last semester of classes!!!! YAYYY!!!!!
No more school!!! Now it's time to get SERIOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
i am not avoiding anything just do not have much to say at the moment. and sprkle i ask myself why i am doing something especially if it is eating something that i do not need or am eating because it is there.

any way i had a serious case of the munchies to day. and i am still fighting the battle with the bed in the morning. it will not win. i will beat you at your game you soft, comfy, cozy bed i will win i will i will.

so i challange the person below me to do 15 extra minutes of exercise the next time you do it no matter what it is that you are doing.
I've been having a MUCH better week this week then the last 2... bu I feel you on the munchies! Around 9 pm I'm CRAVING Carbs! (Hence the ice cream cravings every night for the last month!) Well this week I've been PLANNING for a carb craving around 8-9 pm and am leaving room in my calories for a snack at that time. I just te a mini bagel w/ low-fat strawberry cream cheese. It's been helping a lot this week - and I've only gone over my cals once... and it was 67 cals over instead of 600!!!

Also I noticed a dip in the scale today... not that I'm working for one - but I would like to stay in the healthy range for gain for the next 16 weeks... and that DOES NOT include #8 in one month!!!

Oh - Tessa - I like the PASS Idea. (Which BTW - I'm doing right now... ) I always am afraid that people get scared off posting because of whatever reason. Remember you don't HAVE to participate in the mini-challenges.. but seriously, is extra exercise going to hurt????

Oh - I did walk for about 35 minutes today in addition to my push ups... I'm feeling good. If it's nice in the morning, and Hunter and I are running on time I'm going to attempt to walk her to school... sometmes 8:30 is just SO early, and I usually have pain in my legs pretty bad from little man laying weird during the night... but it's a great way to get in 25 mins first thing in the morning.

Ok I'm off to continue working on a hat for little man.

Last edited by Enygirl; 05-06-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #425  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

PASS!

Worked out with the trainer, wt 188, which is not bad, since it is also that time of month, and I usually go up a few lbs from that!

Going to NC tomorrow to see my sis, Rosie (freshmanwtorbust) and we are going to walk together every day adn go do things, not just eat, drink, and sit on the couch!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #426  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

There will be plenty of that eating, drinking etc going on, though. No sitting on the couch though, cause I don't have one (I can't believe you're so insensitive - I'm telling Mom!)

I challenge the next person to split the next sweet/salty/indulgent thing they eat with someone else, rather than eat the whole serving.

P.S: The pass thing was a great idea, Tessa, I'm glad you mentioned it. Reminds me of another thing: what happens when this thread gets close to 500 posts and we're not at Memorial Day yet? Will you start a new one and we all just have to go find it, Eny? How is this normally accomplished?

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 05-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #427  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

I'll take the sweet salty splitter. Will probably be this weekend, but I'll do it.

I challenge the person below me to sit somewhere for 5 minutes, total quiet, eyes closed and just concentrate on your breathing. Taking in that sweet oxygen to refuel your mind and soul! I know I will be doing a lot of this for the next 10 days!

Bad day at work. Eating was atrocious, no exercise, but will get back on course tomorrow.

Have a great night!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Nixmom - i'll take the breathing challenge. I LOVE meditation. This is actually something that I do every morning so that I don't strangle my hubby and daughter.

I challenge the person below me to a 3fer... 3 sets of: 3 push ups, 3 squats and 3 sit ups. You have to do them consecutively with minimal break bretween transition of exercise and set.

Rosie.... if the thread hits 500 posts then I will start another thread and I'll post the link here.

Alright - it's time for me to take Hunter to school and do some running. I'll check in later!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #429  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Pass :)

Eny Good for you on having that "me time minutes" regimented into your day! I am working on it.

I am going to weigh in today as I am not sure my laptop will have internet access while on vacation. It has been acting funny lately. So, I only weighed in 3 days ago... but I am down 1 lb.

Hopefully wont put the weight back on at the river. Gonna take my scale with me to keep me in check.

If I dont get back here, I will chime back in on MONDAY the 18th (whew... thats a long time to not be here). Good luck everyone!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
How funny is it that since this mini-challenge started, posts have dropped off dramatically?
Yeah.... NO COMMENT...LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
No more school!!! Now it's time to get SERIOUS!!!

Oh - Tessa - I like the PASS Idea. (Which BTW - I'm doing right now... ) I always am afraid that people get scared off posting because of whatever reason. Remember you don't HAVE to participate in the mini-challenges.. but seriously, is extra exercise going to hurt????
I do like the idea of the PASS....I mean for people who are really active and get on here ALOT and post several times through out the day they could be doing challenge after challenge after challenge.....on top of their regular exercise....so I think no more than two to three challenges should be done by one person per day anyways...unless they just wanted to.

However...I'm NOT afraid of scaring people off and you shouldn't be either Eny....this is a thread under the "chicks-up-for-challenge" subform....so be ready if you come here to participate in a CHALLENGE....it is definately going to be MORE than just showing up to chat....of course there is giving and getting support....but so are all the other subforums/threads!

And Eny you are right...school is out so NO excuses!!! LOL! I've got plans to straighted up the house today....strength training while watching soaps and either a walk this evening outside or at the gym if it is raining (which it has been doing alot of lately!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I challenge the person below me to a 3fer... 3 sets of: 3 push ups, 3 squats and 3 sit ups. You have to do them consecutively with minimal break bretween transition of exercise and set.

Eny - I will take your challenge

I challenge the person below me to eat at least ONE fruit or vegetable for a snack today!!!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 05-07-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #431  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

McKenziesmomma, I will take your challenge. This I can do.

Thanks for the PASS on the mini challenges. I have MS and many of them I can't do.

But the challenge I am taking is one I need to do and do it often!

I have a easy challenge for the person below me that will take it on:

Read a favorite magazine or book for at least 10 minutes today.

On Biggest Loser this week, some of the contestants were having a hard time relaxing.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #432  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'll take your challenge Peggy, I just bought the May issue of fitness. I've also got a victory to tell you ladies. I fit into size 14 jeans!!! I went to Marshalls today to find an outfit for my Pa's graduation this weekend and found some wide leg jeans for $10. The 14's were a little snug, but the 16's were a little loose, so I bought the 14s! I did a little happy dance in the changing room. I've been having a terrible time getting pants that fit lately, only because the waist is usually loose and the legs are sooooo tight they don't sit right. I guess eventually I'll lose weight/inches from my thighs, it just hasn't happened so far.

I challenge the person below me to get a 10 min walk in today.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Sprkle- I totally took your challenge today, but I added about 40 min or so. Its sooo pretty outside, I let my 2yr old nephew ride his bike while i walked. Congrats on your victory!

I cant wait for TBL Finale, who does everyone think is gonna win?

I challenge the person under me to jump rope for 10 min , if you dont have a jump rope then just jump up and down for 10 min.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Heather - I will take your challenge....I don't have a jump rope but I can do it with out a jump rope!

Okay.....sooooo...

I challenge the person below me to go to bed at a DESCENT time tomorrow night (since it is past descent tonight...LOL)
Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Morning all. I will shoot for 11 tonight. That is very decent for me!!

Tessa, congrats on the new jeans. Very cool.

I had a horrible, crappy week last week. Trying to make this one better. Re-focused, reorganized and decided not to try to switch up my WOE since I was gaining like crazy. Trying to get here more too, this challenge is almost half over and I don't think I have posted 15 times!!

I went to my women's running group last night. Was Lots of fun and I'm getting better every week. Need to get back to running, helps my legs and butt reshape!!

I challenge the person below me to park in the far corner today, at work, at the grocery store, where ever you go, and walk the extra steps!!
Closed Thread