Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
One more thing- has anyone heard from Fauxtini? I miss her.
I have...she has sent me a couple messages...she told me the other day she would be back soon....she said that she has had alot going on...not to mention the hubby has been home...not sure if he was on leave or home for good...but she said she would be here soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
I have trouble planning out Saturdays because I never know what I'm going to have going on on Saturday. I usually grocery shop that day, and that's why I have trouble cooking anything; grocery shopping and cooking on the same day is such a drag to me for some reason... IDK

I never seem to have trouble getting my walk in on that day, so it's not a question of total burnout.

here ya go...see if any of these help for the weekend??
#1. My husband/kids are home from work/school which throws off my routine.

Have a different routine for the weekend that can include husband and/or family or significant others. Make it flexible so that if plans change you don't have to have an all or nothing mindset....try getting the exercise in early in the a.m. or later in the evening.

#2. We get out of the house alot....which leads to eating out.

Make a list of places that you eat at often. Now go to each place and get a nutritional brochure and/or check out their nutritional info online (if they don't have nutritional info cause they are a mom and pop type place....just estimate with a similar food item at a similar food place). Put together a sort of "menu" containing different things you can eat for different places.....this way if you go out to eat...you know what you can eat at a certain place and don't even have to look at the menu! Also, you can bag half of the food up as soon as they bring it to you and only eat half there and take the other half home...or you can split the dish with hubby/BF/GF/or friend/ or family member.....or order from the kids menu for a smaller portion...also skip high calorie beverages and order unsweet tea/coffee/water/or diet drinks.

#3 No Routine (I think this is probably the main one that leads to everything else....what do you all think???)

Have a routine....be realistic! If your routines aren't working don't give up...try to figure out WHY they aren't working and troubleshoot. You will eventually have a plan for the weekend that works!

#4 DF does not know how to cook healthy and usually makes either breakfast or dinner on the weekend

Try cooking meals together (this way you can have a little more say in what the meal is) or try to find healthier recipes of the meals that they make....and ask them to prepare that instead....for example turkey sausage or turkey bacon for breakfast instead of pork....egg substitute instead of regular eggs....and low calorie bread options....same thing for dinner...instead of ordering out pizza make your own low cal versions on tortilla shells!

#5 More time to eat, pick, snack

We can definately have LOTS of time on our hands on the weekend! Time can be a bad thing....of course we could always throw in some exercise time...but lets face it....if you have had a rough week or already gotten in your exercise you may need some down time! This is okay... #1. If you must snack...eat low calorie options such as air popped pop corn or some jello with low fat cool whip. or #2. Try to keep your hands and mind occupied.....get a new hobby like cross stitching or plan a vacation or weekend get away.....know exactly how much it will cost so you can start putting away money for it....do some gardening or house work...get out of the house and lay on the hammock in the back yard or go relax at the local park or pool....balance your checkbook....clean the car....the possibilities are endless! Don't forget this could be time used for pampering too...manicures...pedicures...and facials OH MY!

#6 Busy doing stuff and running errands, I then get tired and do not want to exercise.

Definately try to put the exercise at the beginning of the day....maybe even before you shower and get ready...that way it is over and you have your whole day ahead of you to get your tasks accomplished! If you have trouble getting up in the morning try going to bed a little earlier to combat this! Also, don't make your exercise goals for the weekend unrealistic...it may be doable for you two exercise two hours a day during the week but not on the weekend because your family maybe home with you and wanting to do things....

#7 Tempted to go out with friends and over do it

Go out with friends....be the DD...have fun without getting sloshed...LOL...I know it is so much more fun drinking along with them....you can figure it in your calories (try cutting a few calories each day and saving some up for drinks with the girls one night a week)...that may work...OR you can make sure you burn off those extra calories on the dance floor or riding a mechanical bull...LOL!!! Whatever you do focus on the fun and the friends and not FOOD!

#8 Birthday parties & BBQ's/cookouts

See if you can have a say in the menu (maybe grilled chicken instead of burgers and dogs). If you can, try to have a lower fat/calorie menu rather than a high fat one....if this doesn't seem to be possible then bring a fruit and/or veggie tray with dip.....bring some lean hamburger meat and skip the cheese....just say you know how costly these things can be and you just wanted to help...of course I always bring my own diet coke...LOL!

#9 Burnt out/ tired of exercising and eating right (WOW....that never happens right??? )

Take a break! We all need a break every now and then and actually most personal trainers (even Bob on TBL) suggests you take a break and even have a splurge meal to "shock" your body and prevent it from hitting a plateau....the kicker to this one is to take a short break and don't over do it..this can mean one part of the day...one meal..or a full day as long as you don't undo all your hard work....and once your "break" is over...get straight back to your routine...Oh and don't forget to pamper yourself!

#10 Vacations / weekend getaways!!!!!

yeah....vacations have a way of getting even the best plans off track!!! I don't know about you but I always seem to think that if I'm out on vacation I DESERVE to eat out and eat whatever I want because I'm ON VACATION!!!! But that isn't right.....I deserve to be fit and healthy...so when eating out on vacation always opt for low calorie/fat meals with an occasional splurge....and kick up the exercise by walking from destination to destination if you can!

#11 I just don't feel like it

WOW! I hear that....Sounds like you need a break?!?!?! See number 9. If this doesn't help, then maybe you should look at your food. Are you really eating healthy...if so you should have more energy....make sure you aren't taking in too much sugar...sometimes things that are low in fat have higher sugar amounts and things that are low in sugar have higher fat amounts....so you gotta watch that...also make sure you are taking a multivitamin that is right for you....and make sure you are getting plenty of rest/sleep at night.....if this doesn't help try looking at your accomplisments and seeing how far you have come or reading someone's goal story and looking at their goal pictures....and then look at your plan see if it needs any tweeking and then recommit yourself to your plan!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #392  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Well, I'm finally headed DOWN on my weight. Down a pound!

I'm really looking forward to having garden vegetables this year. Stuff I grow myself, the satisfaction of treating my body right.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #393  

Height: 5'6"

I was also down a pound, hoping to do better this week.
I haven't been posting much because we've been so busy and I'm trying to stay off the computer as much as possible, but I've caught up with all the posts. Another thing is that for some reason this website takes FOREVER to load up (we have dial up, can't get DSL yet), sometimes it won't even load at all so I get frustrated and just click off. I can't wait until we get high speed internet in our area.
Good news is hubby has lost about 4 pounds already. I'm glad, I just hope he stays motivated.
Today is the second time we cooked over a fire (outside) lately (other than roasted hot dogs and marshmallows). DH got out this setup that he had bought years ago that hangs a iron grate? over the fire, you can adjust the level of it depending on how slow or fast you want the food to cook. Today we had sirloin steaks. Saturday we cooked brats and shrimp kabobs over it. Its pretty neat.

I'm also looking forward to the garden produce this year. I need to get more stuff planted already, it just keeps raining. So far I have planted sno peas, snap peas, daikon and regular radishes, romaine lettuce, a couple of broccoli and cabbage plants. I have several tomato plants that need to be planted, can't wait for that fresh salsa, YUM!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #394  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Congratulations to everybody who lost weight! Way to go!

Those like me, who gained or didn't otherwise do as well as might have been hoped: Let's none of us sweat it, but get it back for next week's weigh-in, starting right now, ok?

Thanks for copying and pasting all that stuff from the boot camp thread, Melissa, it gave me a lot to think about.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey Girls - It's Almost Midnight And I'm Missing A ton Of Weigh Ins!!!! I'm Getting Nervous That My Girls Are Losing Their Motivation!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

When is official weigh in day? I was away for the weekend. We went to Mossouri. Had a blast. Please clue me in!!!! I went to the doctor yesterday. I have a sinus infection. He gave me Amoxicillin and some cough syrup. If the syrup doesn't kill me it will cure my sore throat LOL That stuff is nasty, bad tasting stuff!!! I have an appointment this morning to see a theraphist. I decided to make May my self help month. I am so tired of all of this!!!!! Catch ya all later Pat
Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #397  

Pat - Weigh ins were due by Last night. Monday is the official weigh in day for the challenge.

Ok - off to do this week's stats.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #398  

Default Week #3 Results

WEEK #3 RESULTS

TOTAL # OF PEOPLE - 26
TOTAL # OF WEIGHINS - 21
TOTAL NUMBER OF LOSSES - 14
TOTAL NUMBER OF GAINS - 4
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR WEEK 3 - #7

WEEK 3 WINNER - TAMARA WITH #4 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP
MAYNESS - #3.2
KEILLYNSMOM - #2.2

WEEKLY GOAL HITTERS
KEILLYNSMOM
KOSHINOGI
MAYNESS
STNESSA79
TAMARA
UFI

OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
STNESSA79 IS OUT OF THE #190's!
TAMARA IS OUT OF THE #170's!
ZOOCHICK777 IS OUT OF THE #170's!

Well girls the challenge is 1/2 over... how are you feeling? Where are you at? Are you 1/2 way to your goal? It's time to reflect... and refocus. I've heard all of the excuses - and I've seen that when you girls focus and don't make excuses then you achieve. Life doesn't stop, bad food is always there, as well as your couch... what are you doing to make a difference?

I KNOW that I've been NO different - I've been SO off plan it SUCKS - but all changes!! It's tims to just get it done!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #399  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey there all... I am having computer difficulties and am going to have to take the laptop to see the geek squad or something like that.

My wt yest was 188.2!!! I was so pleased.

Gotta go work. TTYL.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #400  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
...Those like me, who gained or didn't otherwise do as well as might have been hoped: Let's none of us sweat it, but get it back for next week's weigh-in, starting right now, ok?
Fresh - I'm with ya. I have been a grossly lots-o-weight gainer the last 2 weigh ins. I am back on track though. One day at a time. Today is day 2... and of course Cinco De Mayo potluck at work. Going to watch my portions and choose wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth135 View Post
...Today is the second time we cooked over a fire (outside) lately (other than roasted hot dogs and marshmallows). DH got out this setup that he had bought years ago that hangs a iron grate? over the fire, you can adjust the level of it depending on how slow or fast you want the food to cook. Today we had sirloin steaks. Saturday we cooked brats and shrimp kabobs over it. Its pretty neat.
I LOVE SUMMER for that very reason. We live outside and constantly barbeque what ever we can. Veggies, fish, steak, you name it. gets me fired up (BBQ joke).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Well, I'm finally headed DOWN on my weight. Down a pound!

I'm really looking forward to having garden vegetables this year. Stuff I grow myself, the satisfaction of treating my body right.
Yay on the weight loss and you can add me to the list of people who are anticipating a great season for produce. We have a local fruit stand about a mile down the street. I love stopping on my way home after work and seeing what looks yummy and pick up my favorites!

Well, I peeked at the scale this morning and am down a good amount. Not banking on it staying there, but definitely going to try. I have decided that the scale needs to come on vacation with me, simply so that I don't throw all caution to the wind. We leave Friday the 8th and come back the 18th. Whew.... its gonna be great to have a nice chunk of time away from work!

Speaking of which, gotta get to it. Hope you all have a great day.

Oh, and melissa... where's the mini challenge (did I miss it?)
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, I come hanging my head in shame that I missed the WI yesterday...but in my defense I was nowhere near a computer so it couldn't be helped. I only lost less than a pound so it wouldn't have mattered so much anyway.

Hope I am still in this challenge, Eny? If not I will reassign with the next one and just keep going regardless.

I helped hubby getting the tags and all straightened out for his new Peterbilt yesterday. It was such a mess. The title kept getting screwed up and we were running from one town to another trying to get it right...you wouldn't think signing on the right damn line would be so hard, would ya?

anyway, we got all the lights and stuff stripped off the old company truck and put on his new truck, some new parts put on, etc. and it is about road ready. I am so scared right now as we are not sure what will happen once he is officially quitting his job and out on his own. I don't like change and this will be a huge one.

but, I am about to hit the grocery store and will be back to read posts I missed from yesterday this afternoon.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #402  

Nixmom - You didn't miss it.....I will post the new mini-challenge today! YAY!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #403  

Wink Mini - Challenge WOOOHOOO

Mini-Challenge

"I CHALLENGE the person below me...."

Hey everyone Sorry I'm late again!! I promise it is the last time.....tomorrow is my last final exam, and I'm free for 4 whole months!!!!!! YAY!

So, for this challenge I'm going to be borrowing an idea from Fauxtini....(and maybe she will be back soon to join in with us )

So, the idea here is to challenge the person who posts after you to do some kind of exercise or good "diet" behavior.....

If you choose to challenge someone to do exercise try to keep in mind that not everyone has a gym membership or access to various kinds of equipment. So try to keep it simple...but use your imagination!

ALSO....this is very important....try to keep your challenge to a minimum of 15 minutes or less....If we challenge people to walk 5 miles, or jog for 30 minutes they may not want to play so give em' short and sweet tasks like....crank some tunes and dance like a crazy person for 15 minutes...or do 3 sets of 20 crunches....or walk around the block/yard/house for 15 minutes...

Also...remember that these minutes of exercise count towards your Walk Across America minutes!!! YAY!

You don't have to limit to exercise though.....

You can challenge someone to drink at least _________ number of ounces of water today (again lets keep it doable )

You can challenge someone to eat at least 2 fruit or veggies today....

You can challenge someone to pamper themselves by doing a home facial/pedi/mani/etc today

The possibilities are ENDLESS....so what are you waiting for????
Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I missed the weigh in too! Not happy about the whole deal. Yesterday I did a lot of catching up, I completely missed the month of April.I ran errands all day yesterday, then son and I did some more errand running last evening. I think I am pretty much caught up with May. Any one know where I can get a good pair of walking shoes for a lot less than 90 bucks? Thanks Pat
Old 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #405  

Okay...Looks like I'm gonna be the first person to kick this off!!!!

I challenge the person below me (whoever posts next in this thread)

to do JUMPING JACKS!!!! YAY! Do 5 sets of 20 (ie. do 20 jumping jacks and then rest for 1 minute....do 20 more jumping jacks and rest for 1 minute...etc...until you have done this 5 times!)
Closed Thread