G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge - Page 26 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #376  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well it was a good weekend as far as the exercising goes. last night after dinner we went for about an hour walk. and then today DH and i helped out with our local MS walk. we did the set up an take down of the rest stops on the route(s). but the eating needed work. i was not that it was unhealthy but it was how much i ate again. this time i did not really realize it until i just thought about it and sat down in front of the computer. so i am hoping this weekend was not a total loss. anyway i may be back later i may not. oh i am counting the set up and take down from the walk as my exercising for the day.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- Yeah, it is sad. Your right, seems like bad things always happen to good people.

Eny- You have never had a blizzard? Wow! and you can get them for free, gosh im glad thats not the case with me, id be HUGE!

The flu thing...Yeah they should make everyone aware but no cause such an uproar unless it gets really bad or something. I think its just mostly dangerous for people with weaker immune systems and such. If I got flu like symptoms (which I just got over before the swine flu developed). I would just think it was the typical flu not anything else.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Heya Chicks!

You guys have been busy little bee's haven't you.

Mckenzie- am I right in thinking that subway do healthy options?? cos the one's near me don't or at least I've never found any where (even in hawaii) that I thought seemed healthy?
I wonder if I feel this as "normal" sandwich shops in the uk, make tiny sandwich's and at home they are always small whereas a 6" sub can last me 2 meals easily, I dunno, they jsut seem so unhealthy, - but then the fillings here are abit crap too.

So Tom is here and making me feel rubbish, I have lost the 1lb I gained last week, so hopefully by next weeks weigh in I might actually make an impact on my target.

So I need some advice, non weight related - I noticed a few of you ladies live in NC, Me and DH for our holidays this year are coming to America. We are flying into Charlotte and spending 2-3 days in NC (checking out what its like to live there) We are then driving to florida, costally, spending a week in orlando and then flying to vegas for 6 days. Any advice on things to do in NC I'm thinking of going to the mountains for a day walking or something but I dont know alot about the city, where is good to visit??

oh and for this weeks challenge I know its a tad late but:

#1. Trigger Foods - Pizza, Cookies, and Chocolate.
#2. At the moment there is nothing in my house that is really bad, my problem is there are some shops 100 meters from my house.
#3. Nah, but in my weakened state I crawl to the shops
#4. I really have tried to stop buying them.

Anyhoo, I'm off to make some food plans, good luck ladies and looking forward to the new challenge Mel
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Heather, I've had PLENTY of Blizzards -just never had the midnight Madness one.

Shari - i'm SO Glad that you're finally moved in! It's time to embark on a NEW PHASE OF LIFE!!!

I walked for about 40 minutes yesterday too - I'm going to update my ticker here in a minute.

I'm looking forward to all those LOSSES this week!! PM ME your Weigh ins!!! THey're due by TONIGHT!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #380  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Koshi- I live just outside of Charlotte (hubby and I needed outside of the city, we're small town folks). Well you could go see the Biltmore in Asheville or there are several state parks in the mountains if you want to see them kings mtn/crowders mtn park is closest to Charlotte. Charlotte itself has a pretty nice city life. I think if you want the most impact though I would try to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway

Last edited by sprklemajik; 05-04-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #381  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Koshi - I live in the state of NC kind of against my will until my career goes the way I want it to go and have never cared much to do any exploring in this land of wrong-colored dirt; reckless, inconsiderate, and incompetent drivers; and banks closed on Saturday. I understand the beaches are quite pleasant, though, so I would definitely suggest you check them out, although I'm sure that has already occured to you

So not looking forward to getting on the scale. I know I gained. Ah well. One NSV is that I was standing in front of the plate glass window of the herb shop way up the street, waiting for them to open, and I realized that I wasn't hating my reflection in the window. At all. The tummy looks much flatter than it used to. Yay! After a few more minutes of staring at myself, I noticed the sign in the window that said that the shop is closed on Mondays and the spell was broken. I walked the fifteen minutes home and I still feel good about that, I'm just not loving the scale so much right now.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #382  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'll agree with Freshman on the drivers in NC, I lived in TN most of my life until I moved to the Charlotte area with my husband 2 years ago. So I'm not an expert on NC, but it has taken a little getting used to.

I've got to tell you ladies that I keep getting so mad about my progress on the C25K... I know I'm slowly making progress, but I get so frustrated at having to repeat weeks. I repeated week 2 for another week 2 weeks ago, and this week looks like I'll be repeating week 3. I've become so impatient lately. I just want everything to go faster. I want to be able to run already, and I want to be littler already. I know I am littler, I just want to be even littler. It's so silly to be so worked up... but I just want it now. Okay, I'll stop my whining now and get back to staying on plan. Slow and steady.

One more thing- has anyone heard from Fauxtini? I miss her.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 05-04-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
Koshi - I live in the state of NC kind of against my will until my career goes the way I want it to go and have never cared much to do any exploring in this land of wrong-colored dirt; reckless, inconsiderate, and incompetent drivers; and banks closed on Saturday. I understand the beaches are quite pleasant, though, so I would definitely suggest you check them out, although I'm sure that has already occured to you

So not looking forward to getting on the scale. I know I gained. Ah well. One NSV is that I was standing in front of the plate glass window of the herb shop way up the street, waiting for them to open, and I realized that I wasn't hating my reflection in the window. At all. The tummy looks much flatter than it used to..
LOL! First of all I have to say how much I look forward to your posts....you have such a way with words and you always crack me up! I LOVE IT!

Second of all....you seem to have been on track for most of the week from your posts not to mention the 5 mile walk from yesterday....keep a positive attitude...maybe you will have a loss!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #384  
Backpedaling!!

I need help from somebody here: I have finally had the epiphany that it's Saturdays that are my undoing. I don't have a plan that includes Saturday food, so I end up kind of rudderless, with nothing in the frig that appeals to me, because I just went and grocery shopped and I'm tired of looking at it. That's why I keep ending up sitting there, looking at an empty pizza box and thinking "Damn it! I did it AGAIN!"

So, help me out here, Chicks! What do I do about Saturdays?

PS> Thanks Melissa! What a nice thing to say!

Oh and I totally gained like a pound and a half... LOL I can get that off in a few days if I try. Diary is coming to visit from Thursday to Sunday and we are both total foodies so we will be treading perilous ground, insofar as diet is concerned. I'm pledged not to consume alcohol until she gets here, and not to buy any until the evening of the second day she's here, so we don't get all s&^%-faced and blow our calorie budgets for the week in one good bacchanal. What do normal sisters do together if they don't drink? I've always wondered. We fought like cats and dogs and hated each other all through childhood until we both independantly discovered the reconciling effects of a good dollop of booze. Now we get along fine!

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 05-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Rosie - why is Saturday any different then any other day? Why don't you plan out your Saturday food just like anyother day? Also you could try weighing in on Sundays. I know that subconsciously I always do better the day before a weigh in then any other day because I want to see results on the scale. Maybe after doing that a few weeks your mind will "get it".

Tessa - i'm with you! I want to be littler NOW - but I just keep growing and growing and yea... UGH!

So I'm in a bit of a pickle... I have a job interview! I'm excited... but on the other hand beign pregnant, and NOT being able to hide it really makes it HARD! I know that legally they can't base their decision on that fact - but let's be honest. UGH. I need advice... anyone ever been in this position?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #386  

Eny- Ohh ok, I must have misunderstood.

So today im kinda bummed. I havent really dated much in a while, not at all since I got fat 5 yrs ago because my self esteem fell dramatically. I actually found a guy I was interested in and he made it pretty clear that he doesnt date chubby girls. Its the first time I cant get a man because of my weight, that really kinda hurts my feelings. I guess thats why I never really tryed before because I know how shallow some people can be. I have been there myself. The thing is he isnt skinny either. I guess thats why I felt better about it. Oh well...*sigh*
Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #387  

Eny- Congrats on the job interview. I wish I could help. Maybe you can just explain that you really need and job and that you will do your best even if your are pregnant. Id just plead how good of a job you can do.

Sprkle- I messaged her on myspace like a week or more again and she never wrote me back but has been online so Im not sure whats going on.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #388  
Backpedaling!!

I have trouble planning out Saturdays because I never know what I'm going to have going on on Saturday. I usually grocery shop that day, and that's why I have trouble cooking anything; grocery shopping and cooking on the same day is such a drag to me for some reason... IDK

I never seem to have trouble getting my walk in on that day, so it's not a question of total burnout.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #389  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Ladies, ladies.... I can see why people want to run from the challenges when the chips in their life are down, or scattered... or the scales are up.

I am stressed beyond all belief... and my weight is up an atrocious amount. Another 3+ gain this week. TOM around the corner. Work Stress, kid stress, cash stress... food stress... urgh! But I am not a quitter.

I was at the river a couple days (lovely but easy to fall off track) and now I am back and fatter than ever. You know how it goes... you relax, which is much needed but you also become off guard about what you are consuming. My bad, but I am back with a vengeance. My BIG river trip kicks off Friday (10 days down there), but I am going to use the late evening to go on walks, and the free internet cafe to come check in. I know I can do this.

Will come back later to catch up on the thread. Gotta go confess my sins to Eny now... Blasted scale!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post

Mckenzie- am I right in thinking that subway do healthy options?? cos the one's near me don't or at least I've never found any where (even in hawaii) that I thought seemed healthy?
Yes I think Subways are a healthy option for eating out...when you consider other things like McDonald's and such... they have like 6 subs with 6 grams of fat or less....I can have a 6 inch turkey on white or wheat with all the veggies I want for only 280 calories...very filling...of course hold the cheese...I dont' like cheese...but I like the light mayo they have

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
I need help from somebody here: I have finally had the epiphany that it's Saturdays that are my undoing. I don't have a plan that includes Saturday food, so I end up kind of rudderless, with nothing in the frig that appeals to me, because I just went and grocery shopped and I'm tired of looking at it. That's why I keep ending up sitting there, looking at an empty pizza box and thinking "Damn it! I did it AGAIN!"

So, help me out here, Chicks! What do I do about Saturdays?
I have a bootcamp thread going and one of the things we just did was list things that throw us off on the weekend and then listed things we can do to combat that....I will go copy and paste that part over here.....
Closed Thread