April Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 14
Go to
  • WOW! So today I ran my 5k at the godawful early (for a college student on a weekend) hour of 8 a.m.. I managed to run the whole thing and stayed relatively near the front of the group. I even passed a few people.

When I finished I went to get water and stretch, and then I went back to ask my time--I was shooting for approx. 35 minutes--and they told me I finished in 24:18!!!

I've never run anything so fast in my entire life! In high school, when I was a varsity athlete, I might have been able to run a 5k in 29-30 minutes...24 is a bit unbelievable to me. I've been running a lot for the past month and I never time myself, so I knew I really had no idea how long this run would take me, but I didn't expect to finish in under 30 minutes, let alone under 25.

I might actually be, regardless of weight, in the best shape of my life. Anyways, ladies, I'm very excited, and wanted to share with all of you!!

I hope you're all having a nice Sunday!!

4/5 - 3.1 miles in 24:18. April Exercise Goal completed!! 5k in under 32:00 minutes.
    (total/walk/run=9.6/2/7.6)
  • Icandoallthings!!! Way to go!!! Woohoo!! You must have just felt amazing when they told you your time!! Great job!!
  • UFF, Congrats on your amazing weight loss! Wow!
  • icandoallthings That is SO AMAZING! What a time! I guess that goal can be checked off! Super impressive time!
    prettyfriend what a loss! Oh my goodness! I dream about such things, but haven't had a week like that since week 1, I think!
    Jacqui you are so right it is nice to walk with DH. Our walk together yesterday to the park was so good, it didn't really feel like exercise.
    Lewisempire, glad you had fun out geocaching...and you even got on the nordic track, too! You go, girl!

Today is my rest day which is good because I have a little kink in my leg...probably from racing my 9 y/o son at the park. I actually have to TRY now, he's getting faster!
  • Good for you Icandoallthings. Awesome time!

Apr 1 60 min Zumba class: 60 min Yoga class
    Apr 2 60 min step class
    Apr 3 30 min elliptical(8/8);30 min treadmill(4.3)
    Apr 4 Yard Work
    Apr 5 60 min Step class; 60 min Zumba class
  • I decided to ride the exercise bike tonight while watching tv, so...

April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked! Biked!
  • I woke with a bit of hangover so I only jogged a half of mile and then walked the other 2-1/2 miles. But heh at least I got up

Icandoallthings- YOU ARE MY HERO. I am training for one in May and you are my hereo. Congrats on your accomplishment

Prettyfriend - Congratualtions What a loss!

Jacqui - You are right on track girlie! It is always nice to have a buddy with you...at least some of the time

Lewis- Thanks. Sorry your hike was cut short.

Okay can't scroll back anyfurther so if I have left oyu out...sorry
  • heyyyyyyy ladies congrat to all...i can do all things...congratulations on that run! It's so cool having our exercise place here. Oh, I am bushed girls...I will write tomorrow. Did the walk with DH today and it felt great getting outdoors for it. I am taking Tues. off because I have something coming up so I will shoot for my workouts tomorrow and so much to do! I will be back tomorrow, hugs and keep up the awesome work
  • Hey Ladies! Just got back from the gym...this month is looking SO much better than last!!! I almost feel like I NEED to go to the gym and work out! I had a foot injury that prevented me from putting much weight on it so i was forced to use the bike at the gym last week. My foot is feeling better so i split my time in the gym this morning between the bike and the treadmill, and actually got a bit of jogging in. I am not in great cardiovascular shape so it was 4 minutes at a walk 1 minute at a jog. But you have to start somewhere right?! The bike is actually feeling really good for my legs and butt, if you have the tension high enough...WOW its awesome, I never gave that thing enough credit before!!!
  • Hi Ladies! Well, I am down another 1 lb (yay!) and I think it was because of exercise. So, I am going to up my exercise goal. I'm going to add another 15 min. to my day, so instead of 45 min. of biking or walking, it will be 60 min. and even more importantly I'm going to break it up into twice a day for 30 min. each. I think twice a days just keep my metabolism revved up throughout the day better. Plus, I drink more water that way. I already drink 72 oz. a day, but I drink even more when I exercise twice. So today is the start of my new goal, and I've exercised once so far today.

OLD GOAL: April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked! Biked! NEW GOAL: April 6-Biked!
  • FSA _ I hope you got good rest

PrettyFriend - You are doing awesome with your working out

Jacqui - YAY for a pound down. WTG
  • My motivation is low today for some reason. I think I'm just so disappointed in how I handled the last few days. I'm trying to leave it in the past and focus on good choices today. So far so good there. I'm OP with food and exercise today. Hope to see the results on the scale tomorrow...

My Minutes:
    4/1: 68 min (WAH 5 miles), 32 Wii Fit
    4/2: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/stretchies), 58 min Wii Fit
    4/3: 42 min Taebo
    4/4: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/weights), 45 min walk to park
    4/5: day off
    4/6: 65 min (WAH 5 miles)
  • Ms. P- I hear ya on the low motivation! Must be something in the air! Looks like you did the right thing, and pushed through it! Hopefully tomorrow will be better on the motivation! (for you and me both)
    I struggled to get my exercise in today! But at least I got it done!
    I am making my goal 62 miles in April! Let's get Rolling!!!
    4/1- 3miles walking
    4/2- 1 mile (15 minutes on nordic track) + long bad day at work!
    4/3- 3.3 miles on nordic track, upperbody weights, and 2x40 reps ab lounge
    4/4- 4 mile hike, .5 miles nordic track
    4/5- shopping? I did get like 8000+ steps but did not sweat
    4/6- 40 min Nordic track, upper body wts, 100 reps on ab lounge.
    4/7-
    4/8-
    week 1 total miles-

Girls, keep up the hard work!
  • Thanks for all the congratulations ladies!! Congrats on the loss Jacqui, and way to get back OP Ms. P...I always struggle to right the ship when I mess up...slippery slope, I guess. Way to stick with it!

I'm moving a bit slowly today...my legs are sore and I'm a little frustrated because I've been exercising a lot but as it's my TOM, I haven't seen any weight loss...but hopefully that will change soon. I got a mile walk in this morning, and hopefully I'll do some weights and push-ups this evening, or some yoga, if I'm not feeling too tired. I've got lots and lots of school work this week, but I'm going to try and exercise every day anyways.

4/5 - 3.1 miles in 24:18. April Exercise Goal completed!! 5k in under 32:00 minutes.
    4/6- 1 mile walk.

April so far: (total/walk/run=10.6/3/7.6)

Way to stick with your exercise plans, ladies!! Let's keep it up!
    Apr 4 Yard Work
    Apr 5 60 min Step class; 60 min Zumba class
    Apr 6 60 min Step class: 60 min Yoga

I love Yoga days. It makes me feel so good. It is so relaxing and leaves me feeling stronger and more flexible.