April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 27
Go to
  • Yesterday was a good start to the month for me. Wednesdays are days I have a sort of "cheat" meal at lunch after my Tuesday WW weigh-ins. So, I did that and I've been working at making my cheat meal more reasonable (naughty foods, NOT naughty portions). I think I did better yesterday than I have at times in the past. So, my weight was unchanged which is fine on Thursdays, for the reasons I just mentioned. I got my exercise, I ate OP for the other 2 meals yesterday...Life is good. I'm feeling REALLY good about this month.
    You're right Cake Batter, this is a pretty positive thread. That's why it works so well for me. Lots of encouragement and accountability!
  • Well, so far so good---I lost 1/2 a lb and I am happy about it....I hope everyone else is doing well too!!

We are having company for dinner tonight, but we are having baked salmon and I know there will be a salad, so I am looking forward to it and keeping it in mind as my day goes on......if I stay carefully on plan all day, hopefully I will see another loss tomorrow..which would be nice!
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
    CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; pop at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
  • hi everybody so far so good im on track and in a couple of days will regulate my exercise routine just waiting for the weather to become a bit warmer
  • Well I too would like to lose 10 pounds this month! My birthday is in the first week of may and I would love to be around 162 when I go home for the summer!
    CW: 172.5
    GW:162.5
  • Hello all! Hope I'm not too late to join! My goals are:

1. Workout Monday thru Friday for 1 - 1/2 hours for the month of April
    2. Weigh between 160-170lbs by June 21st (first day of summer)

I started "challenging" myself to get healthy on March 23rd. I have been to the gym Monday thru Friday for 1 -1/2 hours for 2 weeks in a row! (Well, officially 2 weeks tomorrow!) The first week was the hardest. But I made myself go and made myself get a good workout. This week, I'm battling a cold, but I still managed to make it to the gym! I'm actually starting to look forward to going to the gym. Today, I was running a little late getting off from work and all I could think about was "Dang! Someone is going to get my machine if I don't leave soon!" LOL!

My current workout plan is:
    60 minutes on the elliptical
    Upper body strength training on M,W,F
    Lower body strenth training on T,Th

So far so good!
  • So I didn't exactly stay on plan today...I skipped my workout this morning but I must have slept wrong and my neck is so sore...I'm going to try tonight my neck is still sore but I feel guilty.
  • CollegeGirl and sjdphc, I have have added you to the above list! Good luck!

Wannabeskinnyagain, I think your decision this morning was correct. Exercise is important, but not at the risk of injuring yourself. Maybe you could just go for a walk at a light, comfortable pace. It may not be the "workout" you want, but it's still exercise and it's safe!
  • So far so good with my challenge. I've lost 2 pounds:

CW:168
    GW:163 ...5 pounds to go!!!!
  • Saramommy, my mouth just dropped open! Wow! It's only the second day of the month and you've already lost 2 lbs?! Good for you!!

• Jacqui-I KNOW!! Me too!! I've made lots of changes in my diet and exercise program...maybe that's why. Yay it's working!!!

how are you doing with your challenge??
  • Nice Job, Saramommy! What a start! It looks like the changes you made really agree with you!
  • HI everyone Got some time for a quick break and sneaking in to check in. DH left work a wee bit early and is headed home. It cleared up and is 62! That is a big deal for us here! It has been cold and rainy and it has been a long winter! Sure is nice to see that sunshine!

college girl and sjdphc That's a nice incentive college girl. sjd, congrats on your consistency with your plan and to challenging yourself to get healthy. Your not too late, welcome aboard to you both! .

Hi Jacqui, It sounds like your having a great day! wtg! We are keeping you busy with that list, OMG, lol. Thanks again. Keep up the awesome work.

MsPerception, that's great! Funny you sh ould mention the so called "cheat meal". I was thinking about that this morning and boy am I really due for one , its been awhile. WTG on finding that balance and getting around the "naughty portion" business. I get upset if I enter naughty portion zone (pasta will get me every time...I only cook what I am eating!!! I got carried away last time (cooked too much) so it's been banned for awhile now). I usually save my "cheat meal" for Sat. nights (or Sun) but I can only get away with it if it is exactly like you described! OP the rest of the day and meals and watch the portions! I don't feel deprived that way. Too weird girl, yesterday I found myself saying "Life is Good" Feeling really good about this month too, let's keep rocking it.

I have a lot of festivities coming up this month though ladies, so I need to start scheming...more on that later.

Oh I have to run, I will be back later on....sorry for cutting anyone off.

Scarlett, wtg! Have a wonderful time at the dinner to night.

I shall finish posting later. Let's keep it up It is so much fun h aving each other here, to you all, talk soon
  • I am a little late getting on here but better late than never. My shoulder/neck problem is better and I have started exercising again! Yay!!

My goals for April:

Lose at least 5 lbs!
    Maintain positive attitude
    Keep eating OP
    Keep exercising and trying new things
    Enjoy Life!

So glad to be a part of this thread.

Here's to us making April everything we want it to be!
  • Hattie22, I've added you to the above list! Good luck!

Saramommy and FSA, I am having a great day and I'm doing very well so far with my challenges! I just love this place!