April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 27
Go to
  • Hi Terapet, gosh, I am so sorry. Sometimes I mess up, good thing I double checked the thread. One of the girls from last month was telling me about the zumba, it sounds like so much fun! Sounds like you had a great day . THis is fun, makes our journey so much more pleasant, a great month it will be for us indeed!
  • Moved the list to page 7. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
    CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; pop at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
  • Well, I'm in! My goal is to get in the 180s by April 30. I'm currently 200 so I think I can do it!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Hope it's not too late to join in. My goals for this month is to lose between 5-8lbs (hopefully I'll reach my mini goal weight by the end of the month) and exercise 5x a week.
  • Happy April 2!

Today I am going to stay OP with eating and water to help myself lose 7 pounds this month. 145 by May Day!!

Looks like everyone's doing great, there are some neat ideas here. I just saw a sign for a Zumba class in our area, have to pay attention to where it was...
  • Well, im up a pound this morning, which I expected. But I have my on plan lunch packed for work, and I am gonna jump on the ski machine this am (for a quickie 15-20 min) to try and kickstart my day! Oh and lots of waterrrrrr!
    I hope everyone has a great day, I will check on you all this evening!
  • My goal for April.....reach 155 by hubby's birthday on the 25th - that's 12 to lose, but I'm feeling really positive at the moment
  • Tator, Butterfly, and Julie, I've added you to the list above! Good luck!
  • Hi Cake and FullSteamAhead!!! I'm happy to be here!

Cake- I'm not sure actually... I don't remember telling her about anything other than garbanzo beans! Hmmm! I'll have to go back and look at it!

It's TOM and a friend and I had an unemployment "party" last night which involved a little bit more "consumption" than I had planned but I got it out of my system!
  • Wel it is another oppurtunity to stay OP and get our workouts in. Heeeeellooooo April 2nd. I plan for this to be an awesome day me and all of you wonderful ladies.

Tonight is WI so I need lots of luck****

Lewisempire Aw man do you have one of those at home? I want an elliptical sooooo bad and I promised myself if I stay with my workout program for six weeks I can buy one. Well I am six weeks past the due date! Oh I HATE hungry days. Nothing makes it go away it seems like.

Jacqui TY for doing all the updating....you are awesome!

FSA I am getting really good with the picking myself back up, however it is so hard to not do the initial beating. It is like I got my foundation and I am doing quite well. But that negative thought process can be a hinderance. Wii aerobics? WTG! Is it really like an aerobic class? I was thinking about getting one...they seem so fun! I really like you, you are sooo postive....well actually the whole thread is!

Zoochick WTG on your test! Rude people really pluck my dang nerves. I may have sucked my teeth at them! I hope you get your rest in so you can get a good workout.

Bronte Good Job on workouts and water!

Petunia Don't worry she is confused!!!!! HAHA. SO did you have a good party?
  • I definitely want to join in on this challenge. My goal is to lose 8 pounds this month - that would bring me to 278.5. Out of 280's yay!

losingnyc
  • Good Morning ladies. Happy day after April Fools. Yesterday was an okay day for me. I counld have done better, but today i am going to stay on track. No junk food and i WILL make it to the gym or go running outside. No Excuses! I went and bought a new journal so i can start keeping track of what im eating. I know that for me that really helped me stay on plan before so i just bout a little mini one that fits in my purse easily so i can take it everywhere i go. Hope all of you ladies are doing well so far.
  • Goodmorning everyone

Popping in to say hi and happy new day! Hope everyone slept well last night and awakens to a great new day.

Tator, butterfly, and Julie

cakebatter, thanks for the kind words girl. The wii is fun! I like the wii fit, I do t he wii aerobics. I mostly do the advanced step and free step, some hula, lol. It isn't really like an aerobics class in the sense of utilizing a lot of room space. There is a balance board (which resembles a large scale) on the floor and you step on and off (kind of like a step workout but with much smaller height). You can get pretty creative with both and especially the free step to increase the intensity with arm exercises,e tc. It's something to add to have some diversity. It helped me a lot during the past few cold months, especially in Feb. when I was cooped up indoors a lot. What I really love is that the balance board is a scale too and it weighs you and does a body test (only when you want to though) and you have a graph. On your own personal graph, it keeps track of your weight, BMI, the dates, what you did on there....so that's real neat. It's another incentive! You can set goals too (2 week minimum).
    Good luck at the weigh in tonight . Have a great day : )

Jaqui, mothermavis, Lewisempire, and Petunia, and to all hi girls . Wtg on the plan lewisempire! Kick it girl

I better get going, no cramps yet..just a heavy feeling and I want to use this window of opportunity to do my workouts...then I can do my other stuff. Okay girls, I will catch up with you all later. Have an awesome day and let's keep on truckin'.
  • Hi losingnyc, welcome aboard

Candykisses, wtg on starting your new day with your goals and plan in place!! and on getting a journal too! That's super!

for us all on our brand new day!
  • Hi losingnyc, I have added you to the above list! Good luck!

Hi FSA and to all! It sounds like everyone is off to a great start! Everyone seems to be taking positive steps to do what they need to do to reach their goals! Yay! Good for you! I am feeling great. I am eating right, cardio exercising, drinking lots of water, and as soon as I convince myself to add in some strength-training, I will be following a pretty perfect plan for the healthy lifestyle I want to lead from now on! Everyone involved in these April challenges is a real inspiration to me and you are helping to keep my motivation high. Thank you!