April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 23 of 27
Go to
  • Oh wow! Jacqui that is so awesome to see the "Met Goal" sign beside my goal. wow! Happy Birthday I hope it is wonderfui for you. I L-O-V-E the Y. I am so glad you got to join again! Fenderella WTG on pre-off-plan weight and getting your drivers license. I got my license when I turned 18 too. of course now I am 25..whew! Oh and I do WW but I also track on daily plate. I just like the comparison. hattie That is awesome. WTG!!!!! You really have worked for it and you totally deserve it. urockmom thanks. I am sure the one dinner didn't really hinder you especially with all the water you got in. FSA Thank you for your kind words. Thank you all for the support you gave this weekend. You ladies really make a difference. FSA Can I have the recipe to your spinach pie (if it is not a secret)? I love anything spinach... Lewisempire Glad you are feeling better. How did the babysitting go?

SO for my news....I am "unoffically in the 170's!!!! I weighed in at 178.2!!! Of course you ladies now I won't change the ticker untilofficial WI on thursday. Keep your fingers crossed and hope it sticks.

On the bright side after the fight I think he ended up feeling a little guilty about the situation and now he is being all "sensitive" to my food needs...
  • HATTIE~ WOW!!!! ONEDERLAND!!!! HOW INCREDIBLY AWESOME FOR YOU!!!

Here I am dancing for you....

You have done such a terrific job and been so determined all the way. PLUS, you have been such a support to the rest of us!!! I couldn't be happier for you!

Jacqui~ I got you a special of :
    Terrific news on the Y! You'll have so much fun and feel so fantastic!

Got to run ladies.... More personals later....
  • Wow...CONGRATS to those reaching goals and milestones!!! I feel bad, but no time to post personally right now. I'm at a new low (171.0), but won't change my ticker 'til I see it 2 days in a row. I'm thrilled with that, but really hope this next week shows me some love on the scale. I want so badly to be out of the obese range this month!!!! Keep on doing the right things ladies...you are my inspiration!
  • Hi again girls Hope you all slept well and woke up to a great day today. Hapy new day to you all!

Hattieeeeeeee, congratulations on hitting onderland! You must be so excited! Ty for coming in to share your wonderful news with us!

urockmom, lol @ I know it! Oh those greek fests are fun! As for Saturday night, I hope you had a wonderful time at the dinner/dance. Sounds like a lovely evening and it's nice to have special things like that on a Sat. night. Wtg on your exercise and water yesterday! I need to do better with my water today.

Hi Fenderella, yayyyy wtg on the loss and being back on plan! That is super fenderella! You must be so excited about getting your license too! That is nice that your mom is making you a special cake. Ty for your words of encouragement, keep up the great work .

Jacqui, I hope you are having a terrific birthday girl, and may all your dreams and wishes come true! . That is so great about the Y, oh and your orientation! How exciting! do keep us posted. DH asking for the swim schedule too, . Those donuts sound real good and a special thing as you can only get them once a year. Thanks for the willpower dust girl, I am going to need it that day! Yes, I am going...last night my mom called to say she cancelled it until the 1rst or second of May and I was so disappointed as I would not be able to make it that weekend (good ole TOM) but then called again this morning to say we are still on for this weekend. I could see how much I wanted to go, I miss them! It's been much too long! Have a terrific day Jacqui .

Lene, thanks my lady wtg on your workoutsssss! I smiled when I read about the man pushups! Hope you have a terrific day , keep up the great work

Hi cake, wtg on the loss girl! keep at it, your doing great! Sure, I don't mind to give you the recipe....I think I have it written somewhere in one of my mails, let me see if i can dig it up for you. I am warning you though, lot'ssss of butter in it! Cake, that's great about BF! I'm glad girl

Msperception, hey you! miss you What wonderful news you bring us! congratsssss keep up the awesome work! wow, you are sooo c lose to getting into another digit! Ty for your encouraging words to us all as well. Keep on truckin' : ).

How is everyone else doing? A big hi to you all girls. I hope that everyone is having a great day and if anyone is off track please remember that it is a new day and it is never ever too late to pick up and start again!

I am stuck home without a car today (it broke down last week) and I have not seen DH much at all as he has been so busy working on it. I know I am lucky he knows how to do all those things but I am trying to convince him to take a night off to see me a bit. In the meantime, I am going to visit with my mii's (the wii fit girls). It's a yucky rainy day here and a good day for indoor work. I am so glad that I took off and went for that walk yesterday! I hope you all have a terrific day ladies........, I will check back soon.
  • I have not checked in in FOREVER! I am so sorry. My goal was to lose 35 from my starting weight by my sons first birthday, which is this saturday. I'm sad because the second I made that goal, I hit a plateau that lasted until this morning! It has been four weeks with no change and BAM! two pounds down. On the bright side, I'm at 28 pounds gone and I'm feeling great, so I'm okay with not reaching my goal. Thanks for all the awesome support on here.
  • I am still hangin around but have been very busy the past few weeks. I am only down three pounds for April (so far but it is TOM right now). I pilely won't make the ten pounds I set as a goal but as long as I am down something I am happy. I also have not been doing any exercise and that is slowing my loss down as well. I have just been to busy and stressed with work. In May I will get myself backon the exercise wagon (once I am done teaching for the semester).

Good work for everyone who is losing and CONGRATS to those who have hit goal already!!
  • Cake, I know! And you're about to hit the weight goal too! Good for you!!!!! Thank you for the b-day wishes! I had a great day!

Urock, lol, your special gift of good vibes made me smile. Thank you for the b-day wishes!

Ms_P, congrats on the 171!! Yay!! Good for you!!

FSA, thank you again for the b-day wishes, and I'm so glad your weekend plans are still on!!

Shrinkingleah, I'm sorry that you got stuck on a plateau. I once read that during a plateau, your body is re-adjusting its set point, the weight it will settle in at, and if that's the case, it's worth it in the long run! It's nice to know that if you stopped now and tried to maintain, your body feels more comfortable at the lower set point than at the previous higher one! In any event, congrats on the scale moving again, and the 2 lbs down!! Keep going!

Econ_nerd, you are so right! As long as you are down, it's a success!! Hopefully soon, you'll find some time to squeeze in some exercise. It always seems to help me when I am feeling stressed. It'd be nice if the weather would turn nice and stay nice! Anyway, hang in there!
  • More good news...this a.m. I weighed and hit 170.0 on the nose! 1 pound from "overweight!! Hallelujah! It's coming off!!! I can't even credit it to anything, but general activity increase (with the nicer weather outside) and cooking out of "light" cookbooks and stuff I KNOW is good for me. Well, the MIL has basically allowed me to come in and take over the cooking so I can have my meals anyway I choose. It is WONDERFUL, bless her heart! (We are staying with the in-laws while we build our house.) Just wanted to report the success. Keep on truckin', ladies! We have 1 week and 1 day left....lots can happen!!
  • HI ladiessssssss

MsPerception! hey hey! That is super news! Congrats girl! That is so cool, you will drop a digit and get into the new zone all at the same time! I'm real happy for you! wtg! Better be planning that nightly getaway at this rate! . MIL sounds nice, bless her heart indeed! Thanks for sharing and for the encouragement, keep up the great work : ).

Jacqui, your most welcome and ty as well! HOpe your having a great day.

econ nerd, ty for checking in and congratulations on the 3lb. loss I think it is great that you had a loss and let's not forget, our month isn't over yet! : )

HI shrinkingLea, to your son for this Saturday! congratulations to you on the 2lb. loss! I am glad that the scale started moving for you, wtg on hanging in there during the plateu and maintaining and all. COngrats on your weightloss in all! THat is super!

cake, yw

As for me, been busy! I hung out on the couch last night and watched a little T.V, something I hadn't done in awhile. TOday, I went and ran all my errands. I shopped for a top for this Sunday (I hate waiting for the last minute to know what I'm wearing or I panic! lol) and went grocery shopping as I was out of stuff. I picked up a roast chicken, some salad fixings, thin'trim turkey, etc. and the ingredients to make the cake for Sunday. It is going to be in the 70's Friday and then hit 80 over the weekend! Wow! I figured it would be a good time to get all the errands out of the way now. Got in a short walk today too. I just got home a little bit ago and sat down, made a nice big ice coffee and hoping for a second wind. Feel tired, maybe I just need a lil' time to relax. I can always do my manicure tomorrow. Well my dear ladies, I am going to go do nothing for an hour or so and then take it from there. I hope you all are having a super day, let's keep on trucking girls! p.s- I will post my minutes later on in our sister thread, keep up the great work everyone .
  • Thanks, Jacqui and FullSteamAhead. I'm glad I stuck to it, My victory dance alone was quite a workout, I haven't been so proud of myself in... Well, Three months! Haha.
  • Hi girls! I have been missing you all! Things have been going nutso around here! I have been spring cleaning, and getting my garden planted, and working. so much to do, so little time!

MsPerception- Yay! I am so happy for you! That is Fantastic for you! I hope it keeps dropping!

Econnerd
    - I see you are busy too! Now I don't feel so bad....slowly but surely we will get where we want to be!

Jaqui- happy belated Birthday! Hope you had some good times, and yummy cake!

FSA- Sounds like you had a good time relaxing last night! the weather turned nice here today too, so I did some cleaning, painting, gardening... and now I am pooped out on the couch (it sounded like a good idea to me!)

girls, I know I can't catch up for the last couple of days, but believe me when I say, you have all been in my thoughts...(especially when I have wanted to cheat!!!!) I will try to be better this week!!!!
  • Jacqui~ Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Lewis~ good job taking care of business at home!

Shrinking, Econ, and Ms P ~wahoo on getting a loss!

FSA~ you deserve the break today with all you have been up to. Today was my errand day too.

I'm doing another 7 miles on the elliptical and my push-up/crunch routine.
    I didn't get enough water in today
  • girls!

Congratulations on all the met goals and milestones! You guys are doing AWESOME!

I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though.
  • Good morning chicks!

CONGRATULATIONS to shrinkingleah, Econ, MsP on your losses!!!!

Lene~ Great job on getting your exercise in. Now start drinking your water!!!

Lewis~Thanks for checking in. We've been missing you.

FSA~Good job in getting all your errands done before the great weather hits. Are you planning on doing some more sunbathing???

So, as for me, I have been really working it this week and dropped my calories down to about 1200. Finally-after a 2 month stall-the scale moved and I am down 3 pounds!!!!
    I did the usual on the scale, off the scale, on the scale, off the scale dance but it stayed there and so this is me: . I met my April goal but also got past 25 pounds gone, which is just a big mental step for me. I feel like there might be a chance that I will actually make my goal!

I just want to say thanks, girls and for all the support all along the way. Now, onward and downward!!!!
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants
    THE LAST WEEK!! If you meet your goal, we'd love to hear about it! And even if you don't meet your goal, we'd still love to hear about your successes and challenges! We're all in this together! GOOD LUCK to all!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
    CakeBatter: Run 36 miles--MET GOAL!!; reach 178 lbs--MET GOAL!!
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Do the 5K in under 32 minutes--MET GOAL!!; finish senior thesis; lose 9 lbs
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: Fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes--MET GOAL!!; no longer be obese; lose 6 lbs
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
    Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
    Efova: Reach 180 lbs
    Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
    Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds--MET GOAL!!; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
    FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
    Savora: Lose 6 lbs