Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs -- MET GOAL!!
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-09-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #242  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Wow!!! Everyone is really doing great!!!

Christie~ You are smokin' it!!! So happy that you fit into your dress. You will be looking lovely this Easter!!

FSA~ on the scale moving!!! Send some of that my way, would ya?

Jacqui~ You are doing a super job of staying OP. We have our for WI tonight!

Cake~ What a super reward for yourself! I did the new workout clothes too and then I try to get myself a treat every 5 pounds. Maybe some jewelry or sexy undies You keep taking care of yourself. And good luck to you on your WI as well.

Econ~ That project sounds hysterical! Would you post a picture when your done?

Lewis~ You are doing great!! Congrats on the loss!

If I have missed anyone else that has lost, I'm sorry, but here is your

Since it is a nice day here with blue skies (at last!!!), I am going to emphasize the positive:
1. I am on target with my water this week.
2. I have completed day 3 of 6 of my workouts.
3. While I didn't buy myself a new dress for Easter, I can not wear what I did last year because it is TOOO BIG! So that is my Easter treat!
4. Although I bought the Easter candy yesterday, I have vowed-you are my witnesses-that I will not eat any. Not even one of those little Reese's PB cups.

On the negative side, the scale was up 1# this morning but TOM is around the corner so I am going to blame it on that. I am going to really watch my carbs over the next 3 days and try to make my Easter goal. I am a determined chickie!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Jacqui-I'm changing my goal...my NEW goal is to be at 160lbs by April 30...that's 11 pounds total to lose. Thanks for your awesome list!!!

To everyone- As the Easter holiday approaches may we all make the best decisions possible on what we eat! I know I'm going to be tempted with those dang Cadbury Eggs!
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies-

Still working on limiting my sweets, wine and going out to eat. Unfortunately, the scale has not moved much this week but I know I need to persevere. That and be more careful about counting calories. The weather here is gorgeous so that makes focusing on weight loss easier.

Saramommy-Good for you on upping your goal. You are awesome.

Jacqui-Good idea planning now for Easter. I will probably eat some of everything because we usually only eat that particular menu once a year. It's just the immediate family so it is not that many dishes. We are skipping the candy baskets this year so that will help.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #245  

Saramommy, good for you, upping your goal! I've changed it on the list.

Urock, thanks! I'm trying hard to stay OP and so far it's working! I do not have a WI though. I'm ignoring the scale this week because of TOM. There are blue skies here too and it's so nice! I got back out and walked today, which I like to do much more than riding the recumbent bike. You're doing a super job staying OP too! And your news about last year's Easter dress NOT fitting is exciting! Yay!

Terapet, I don't blame you for trying a bit of everything at Easter! Believe me, if I could do it without overeating, I would! I just love those dishes! Too much, lol!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-09-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #246  

Hi ladies

I just popped in to say good vening and see what was going on. I'm sure everyone must be busy getting ready for the weekend. It was a busy but "nice busy" day here! Dh got to get out early (as he had put in much work this past week) and we got to go for a really nice walk. Had mom come over after and we went to eat, so it was a lot of fun. I had grilled chicken and was so happy to find a healthy meal. It came with a bit of fresh greens on the plate (mediterranian style, it was so good) portabello mushroom with veggies. RIght up my alley!
Toorrow is supposed to be beautiful too. Dh will be busy and I have much to do as well. I plan to sneak in a walk.

Hi cakebatter, thankssss you! Oh i do love blue skies and I did enjoy it! thanks so much. Cake, it was grey and rainy here for so many days in a row...it was getting depressing! I love blue skies indeed. As far as your work and it getting busy there, ah you, we will be here for you when you can log on! okay? no fear, your chicky sisters are here . Need you here too! How did tonight go?

Jacqui, thanks girl! hugs. OH, so happy the bugger has been moving for me too! lol. Regarding your plan for Easter, I think that rocks! What a great way to look at it ! Great point too! Geesh! At my in-laws, it's so casual that day and the spread is very nice but not too large so a lil' of everything is do-able. if at my greek aunts houselol, a little of everything on your plate means enough to feed an army! OMG! IT really does! In that case, alittle of everything would never suffice , lol . Anyhow, I love the way you put it jacqui.......and your plan! Go for it girl!

urockmom,,,,,,,,, thanks! blue skies finally indeed! lol. Hope you got to get out a bit and enjoy it. Toorrow is going to be beautiful too! Did you see what time it got dark tonight? Ohhhhhh, and did you see that full moon?
what a night! Anyhow, wtg on all of your accomplishments! and your plans sound great.......just one thing! ah.. buying and staying away from Reese's pb cups? lol I would be either a masochist or a saint! As far as the scale being up a lb., I wouldn't heed any attention to that at all, particularly with a daily WI and tom around the corner. Wtg on your goals urock mom, keep on trucking..'

Hi Saramommy, thanks for your well wishes : ). I think it's about that fine balance, making fine choices but at the same time enjoying ourselves and the holiday! Finding that balance, that delicate dance...as in many many things in life. Ty and wishing you a great weekend too : )

HI Terapet, Enjoy that gorgeous weather! As for you,oh you are doing so so well! I admire your workouts.....persevere! at this rate, you can't go wrong!

I bet everyone is b usy for the Easter weekend coming up. Are many of you going away ? We go to my in-laws house. It is very nice and in our local hometown where we grew up. ANyhow girls, h ope to see you soon. to those of you taking off for the weekend as well as to th ose of you I may not see before then! hugs girls
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #247  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

OMG, seriously!?!?

I got my second WAH job offer and I had to turn this one down for the same reasons I had to turn down the first one: the hours ran into my hours at the VA.

Here's the kicker: this job would have paid $650 after training!

WTF?! Since I'm moving in with Nessa, I could have actually spent some of that money on things I want, instead of bills! Like decorations for my new room, a mountain bike, new jeans, sneakers, a bra, bath stuff....the list goes on and on. *sigh* It's been literally years since I had money just for whatever.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Yay! Today is Friday! So excited! BF still doesn’t know I am taking to Richmond for the bday but his friends do so I don’t have to worry about unexpected plans…hehe. I can’t wait to get outta this biotch!!!! I am a little worried about Saturday because now that am I81.4 (OH yeah because I lost 3 YES 3 pounds) I don’t want to be going the other way. Like it is cool if I go the other through no fault of my own but if I know I didn’t wat well or whatever it is gonna suck…

Oh I took 4 pairs of jeans to the cleaners to get then hemmed. I am 5’2” and the dang legs are so long I think Nisha would have a hard time. Anway. They are 10’s and one 12 and they look so good on me a**. Any way my point I got 4 new pairs of jeans for only $36 (the cost of alterations). These are jean I bought over a year and a half ago and one pair my friend gave me. WOohoo cause I have no money!

Jasonlea – sorry you had to turn down the WAH offer. That is sucky. If am not being too nosey what kind of WAH is it?

Jacqui – You have a wonderful plan for Easter. I will probably be at my mom’s for Easter and I am most definitely gonna use your idea and just treat like any other meal. You are gonna do awesome!

Urockmom – Even though the scale was up you have accomplished so many of your weekly goals that you have other things to focus on. SO by focusing on those goals the scale will follow because …..U ROCK MOM! Oh I love sexy undies. I may get a few this weekend!!! Hehe

FSA – I am so glad my “chicky sisters” are here really! So is your official WI today or yesterday! IT looks as though the numbers stuck. YAY! And the “busy” probably won’t start for a bout a week so YAY to that too!

Saramommy – WTG on the new goal. I am only 2 lbs away from mine but I think I am gonna need the leadway after this weekend!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 286.5/286.0/160?

Height: 5'10

Yesterday was my WI day - lost .5 Not spectacular but its TOM so I think my real loss is actually greater and the scale should show this next week - as long as I am vigilant this week (that is key!)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and makes good choices during the holiday meals!
losingnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #250  

hi ladiesssssss, happy friday! Hope you all had a great day. I am half asleep so heading to bed but wanted to say hi and wish you all sweet dreams.

HI jasonslea, must of been frustrating to not be able to take them up on the offer but hang in there...many things are coming together for you right now : ). HOpe you have a great weekend and Happy Easter.

Cakeeeeee, your suprising your BF with a weekend away? OH that is so nice! He is going to love that!!! Oh your WI girl, congratulationssss on the 3 lb. loss. Did you lose another 3 or 3 total? EIther way, you are rocking it in every sense of the word! I know what you mean about the weekend or event, etc.... Your plan is in place and I really think it's a good one. Following the event or Easter (and before) we just go right back to strict OP. We will all be here to help each other. You ahve a good time girl and enjoy your vaca.

losingNYC, congrats on the lossa! a loss is a loss and That's real good with TOM! Whenever I saw I had maintained and was the same weight (tom time) , I would consider myself really lucky...I typically would see a nice loss after and I bet your right! Hang in there and keep up the good work also, thanks for posting and sharing with us.

TO everyone else a big hello.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a very Happy Easter. Chat soon girls I am so sleepy, going to bed. night
Old 04-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #251  

Dvdrumls, that is FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go! Keep it up!

Hi FSA! I wish the Easter spread I'm going to wasn't going to be huge (like your Greek aunt's), but I know it will be! I just have to keep my resolve!

Losingnyc, Yay! Good for you! A loss with TOM is great!!

Cake, SUPER!!! on your 3 lbs!! Good for you!

JasonsLea, I don't know the whole story and why you can't trade in the VA hours for the WAH, but I am wishing you luck on finding something that is better suited to your schedule. It will come along! Don't give up!

I wish ALL OUR LADIES a very and I'm sending you all some to get through the day eating wisely!

Happy Easter!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-11-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #252  

HI ladiessssssssss, I snuck in to wish you all

A HAPPY EASTER

I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their families etc. I will be back in the morning with my news as I have to run. Let's get ready for our new day tomorrow, ok girls? We still ahve 3-4 days before our week is up. Okay, I have to run....I will catch you all real soon
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Holy freaking Crap....I completely bombed this weekend! I did everything according to plan all the way through dinner. The problem came this morning ( i guess I didn't account for the second day...eeek) we had IHOP where I had 2 scrambled eggs, french toast and 2 strips of bacon, then for lunch i had red robin (half a burger) and for dinner the other half!!!! I also had a brownie. I can honestly say though there is nothing I else I want to eat except carrots and salads....

FSA - That is 3 pounds total. Only 2 pounds from monthly goal. This weekend may be a slight set back but I have a plan ....as usual. I am glad you Easter went well and the BF enjoyed his weekend.

Jacqui - Thank you

dvdrum - Awesome!!!!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Happy Easter Everyone!

I've hit a bad spot in the weight loss journey lately. Time for damage control. The good thing is- I am ready to get back to eating right and exercising!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #255  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Happy Easter everyone!

I broke my scale exile for another thread and I weighed in at 261.4 so I haven't gained anything since hiding the scale, which is a good thing. Not stepping on the scale again till April 30th.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote