April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 10 of 27
Go to
  • I would like to join in.

My April Goals

To Get Down to 275
    To Exercise at least 20 times.

My weight is up a little today, I've been off track for a couple of days. But sometimes when I get back on track, the weight I just gained comes back off quickly, so I adjusted my goal to account for that. In other words, my goal is assuming I'll be back to where I was, and then subtract the pounds. Today's weight 283.4 (up from 282.4).

I have already exercised twice this month. Wednesday and Thursday.

Fenderella and Cakebatter, congrats on those nice losses.
    Mothermavis, whoopee, changing numbers! I know that's exciting, too!
  • Thanks guys!
    Welcome JazzyPeggy! Sounds like you have it all planned out, that's really good! Good luck!
    And congrats on getting to 205 Jacqui!

Quote: Wannabeskinnyagain, I'm so glad you feel good about getting your exercise in! Please don't overdue it though. That pinch in your back could mean your spine is out of alignment, which was probably the cause of the kink in your neck yesterday morning. You might want to see a chiropractor if it doesn't get any better. Tylenol will mask the problem, so be careful!
    ^That's some really good advice. The gym I went to before I moved was actually a part of a chiropractor's office, so I would go get my back aligned and then work out for a while. It really helped. Wannabeskinnyagain, I don't know if you go to a gym or not, or if you'd want to, but it'd be really good if you could find something like that. It's pretty convenient having the chiropractor in the same building.
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
    CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
  • JazzyPeggy, you've already exercised twice this month, great! You're on your way! Fenderella, thanks!!
  • Hello, Here everything is going great. I've exercised all the three days of this month so far .. And I was one pound down this morning!! Only 4 more to go .
  • Yay Theresia! You'll be there before you know it!
  • Fenderella THat is so neat ...the same amount! Congratulations on the scale. You are doing good lady

Wannabeskinny I agree with Jacqui, maybe you should have someone look at it. I just want you be well and not hurt yourself

Theresia Here's to exercising and Weight loss!

Jazzypeggy Welcome aboard!
  • Aww thanks for all the advice and concern ladies! I really appreciate it. I told Dh that if I don't feel better soon I will have to go to the doctor. But I got to tell you the thought of going to a chiropractor terrifies me. I've watched them work on DH before and I don't think I could do it. Even the sound of knuckles popping makes me want to throw up.
  • Happy Friday Ladies,

I had lunch at my desk and now I am feeling restless from sitting for so long. Only three hours to go. Friday is my running day. Since it is pretty wet and chilly here, I will probably run on the treadmill.

I was down a pound today. WooHoo. I had been on a gaining trend lately so I think I have that turned around. I have been attempting to stay away from sweets since about two weeks ago and it has really made a difference. (I cannot eat sweets in moderation.) It is probably time to add another phase towards cleaning up my worst eating habits. I haven't committed yet, but probably the wine is next to go.

Jacqui D-Thanks for posting the list of goals. Everytime I see it, I am reminded of the goal I set for myself. I will really need to seriously change what I am used to eating if I want any chance of losing that much.

MotherMavis-Congrats on reaching a new decade!
  • Terapet, you are so welcome. I refer to the list a lot myself. Every time someone mentions that they've lost weight or accomplished what they wanted to do exercise-wise for that day or got away from their plan a little, etc., I find myself checking what their goal is all over again! Somehow it helps to emphasize that others are doing their best and/or have shortcomings as they try to reach their goals, just like me! We're in it together and the list is proof, lol!
  • Hello all! I'm really glad I joined this thread! It is such a positive thread! Everyone's making progress and it really motivates me to keep going! I would have fallen off the wagon by this time! Today was officially 2 weeks of working out Mon-Fri! Hopefully I'll make it through the weekend with making healthy eating choices. The weekends are usually when I lose focus and do a lot of "boredom" eating. On that same note, I did great last weekend with my eating so I just have to stay focused. Today I put on a pair of jeans and they fit a lot looser now! I want to weigh myself so bad, but I think I'm going to wait until I hit the one month mark! Wish me luck!
  • Exercise 4/1 = 44 min on treadmill
    Exercise 4/2 = 66 min on treadmill
    Exercise 4/3 = 30 min on Wii Fit
    --
    Still no change in weight, wahhh! I know it will happen!
  • Hi everyone Oh ladies.........I am so happy for you all! Congratulationsss on the losses!

Hattie and Jazzy glad you found us over here girls .

wannabeskinnyagain, I am glad your neck is better. I meant to write you yesterday and then I had to run. I have done that before (pulled neck muscle) and that is just awful! I am glad that you rested yesterday and felt better. If you see it persist (back ), maybe another rest day is in order . Better to take a day off or two and let it heal so that you can do your workouts after then to push it and risk injury. Oh I tell myself that too, I hate missing my workouts too but we do what we must ...anyhow, your doing great

MotherMavis congratulations! Into a new digit, wtg! : )

Fenderella, congrats again girl! That's really nice that your learning new recipes and all! Keep up the awesome work

Cakebatter That is great! Regarding the dark meat, I attempted to have a so called cheat meal but I guess it wasn't in the cards! I will take your burger though! lol . Keep it rocking chicky.

Hi Christian right back at you! Thanks sweety, you too

Jacquiii, congratulations girl! wtg! That's great.

Jazzy, wtg on getting a few exercise sessions in already. Looking forward to getting to know you better .

Theresia, congratulations on the loss and your workouts

Terapets, that's awesome! Congratulations on the loss and for staying away from what appears to be trigger food for you! wtg tera .

I hope I didn't miss anyone. How is everyone else doing? A big hello to you all! I think that a c ongratulations is in order for all too! for being here! For striving to make a difference! Working towards improving our health....etc. That takes guts! and patience! Let's keep on fighting! The thing that is getting punched is the scale! lol .

Okay, as for me, I was in for a very pleasant suprise this morning! I am on a downward trend, 1.5! Unbeleivable! Oh I don't officially report until the 10nth though so I need to becareful, not get cocky, and keep my guard up because a lot can happen between now and then. OH, I am real happy though ladies...I think I will allow myself to feel that! I am finally there! I have been waiting for this! For my metabolism to get back to normal and for the darn scale to move like this!

It is so worth the fight! The frustration, the tears, the battles, all so worth it because eventually the payoff (in many ways) is so great and the good feeling supersedes all the prior ones (mentioned above). So any of you out there that may be stuggling and/or not doing as well as you like, you keep fighting! You keep fighting and you never stop! Pick yourself up and start a new day...if you don't do good, you start again!!!! Keep going! Keep fighting,,, in the end...you will win!!!! Let's fight together

Anyways, I just want to say TY to all of you who have been, and are, on this journey with me for your support, encouragement, ispiration, for everything! I couldn't have done it without you my dear ladies, thanks! Let's stay strong!

Happy friday, hope everyone has a a great weekend. Well, I think TOm is finally here and I am not feeling that great so I am going to just rest today. Chat soon, keep up the great work everyone .
  • sjd, yay on the jeans fitting I need to watch the weekends too, if I overdo it I end up just maintaining and not losing that week so I am extra careful now. Good luck with your weigh in keep us posted.

Sara, yup! It will happen! wtg on your workouts. Think about joining us over in the exercise thread if you like. Keep up the great work
  • Jacqui! you rock!