Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Easter Challenge WEEK 6

I hope it is week six.

I'm sorry my last post was so short and abrupt. I was a bit upset because of the whole soot over the house thing.

The start of our vacation really sucked. At first I thought that maybe I caught the bug that Mak and Tommy had, but with DH and my sister both getting sick, I think it may have been food poisoning. But we did have fun. We worked Tommy up to the bigger rides. He cried after the first time on both Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, but he insisted on going on them with us again and again. By Friday he was a pro, we were going to try him on Space Mountain but he fell asleep before we got on it.

I never did make it to work out on my trip, but thats okay we did a lot of walking. My food wasn't too terrible considering where I was. AND I even lost a pound. The scale said 146 this morning.

I made it to the gym to work out this morning. I ran 2 miles in 20:57 minutes. I need to speed it up just a bit to get to my new goal of 2 miles in 20 minutes. Then I did my cardio class, ugg it was hard.

W 64 oz
E 21 min running/60 minute class
E 1500 cals.
D finish cleaning the soot off of everything. I got a lot done, but I still have a lot to do.

Last edited by jcatron243; 03-23-2009 at 10:00 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #2  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

I'm just going to squeak on back in here and hope no one notices how long I've been gone!

I read all last week's posts and it sounds like I am not alone!

Mindy, I couldn't help but think about you when I watched Biggest Loser this past week and Jillian was telling that powerhouse girl (can't remember her name - Tanya?) that she is overtraining and her body is fighting back. I know when I used to work-out with a trainer 25 years back, he had me letting the muscle groups recuperate within the week. Why don't you splurge a little bit and get a trainer to assess your work-out program? Who knows?! More is not always the way to less.

I am not feeling very chatty today, but wanted to say Ooohh Laaaa!!

I'm going to take a shower now and hope that will lift the dark cloud that's above my head.

Last edited by Clykk; 03-23-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies. I am feeling your pain, Jeni, I cannot even imagine how I would feel coming home to all that soot. The laundry and exhaustion of coming home after a nice vacation is bad enough. Oh, I am just so sorry for you! I would almost consider HIRING someone to take care of it. I wonder if you could....a Merry maid? No way they'd tackle that one. Wow.

Why, oh why, do the weekends ALWAYS de-rail me!? I should volunteer to work every weekend so I wouldn't give in to temptation. Well and I even start Saturday and Sunday with a healthy breakfast and often a trip to the gym. I just say the heck with it late sat night and do whatever. Then sunday may have gone alright except that shower I went to ended up with me overeating little ladies-food-type appetizers and cupcakes that the bride's mom went to Hudson Ohio (about an hour or so north?!) just to get them bc she saw them on Channel 3 news. LOL but they were amazing. But still. Michelle. Cupcakes?

Nah, I'm not trying to beat myself up too much. Here I am with my healthy breakfast. I work Monday, Tues, friday night. So I know I'll be on track tonight and tomorrow for sure. Robert is on spring break this week so I didn't have to get up early to get him off to school. He'll have to go to daycare on the days after I work but that can only be GOOD for me, I can go to the gym before getting them from daycare and my workout won't be cut short bc I have to be at the school at that specific time.

Plus with him being off this week, I am going to try my darndest to go play cards one day this week. But I digress.

Hi Clykk! Yeah, we were asking about you last week. Just sneak on back in, we won't even notice. Glad you're back. Don't read about how Jeni's vacation started, LOL don't want to jinx ya.

Shari, I didn't catch why you wanted to move and get out of your lease early? I'm glad to hear that your friend got out of that nasty relationship as "easily" as she did. And I say that in quotes bc obv it was anything but easy. And she should be careful he doesn't come back when the money runs out.

Mindy, I can't wait to see what the hormone cream does for you. And you said it yourself, it is going to take a few months to really see the results. But wow, if it helps that would be awesome.

Kris, what did you do fun this weekend? My party girl! I'm sure you did something interesting.

MMavis, I did my Mmunches Saturday and was feeling the ache that night. But it was that good kind of pain, if you can imagine such a thing.

Amy, how ya been? How is your back? How is rehearsal going? Did you hear about the new job yet?

Lumi, ThinPossible, anyone else, sorry guys! but HI!!!! talk to you all later. xoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Morning clykk and Michelle! I would hire a maid if I didn't just spend all my money on vacation No it is tedious but i am trying to take it one room at a time. Well, I got half a room done in 8 hours yesterday. Now I am finishing the room I assigned to DH. I will get back to my room tonight.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #5  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...i'm sorry i've been 'gone'...i don't know why i hadn't been posting--i've been "lurking" off and on. guess i was feeling down. i miss you guys though--kris, thanks for asking about me. here is an update--shortened WEED version:

W doing pretty good most days
E plantar fasciitis/heel spurs acting up unreasonably...so i've been swimming not running lately. i've been good about going to the gym...only had two days in the last two weeks that i didn't make it to the gym. i got a nighttime splint and i think it is helping...anyone have any advice about pf? swimming is a good workout, but i miss my classes and, oddly enough, working up a sweat on the treadmill...(never ever would have guessed that)
E bother. i'd been pop for more than a month--literally. then there were a few "treats" this past week that got me out of the swing of things. like i said, bother. but...i can't change that so i'm looking forward to making better choices in the future (like someone was saying in the week 5 thread--set a plan i know i can stick to so i won't be so tempted to cheat)
D i've been frustrated and beating myself up about the injury (not my fault) and the eating (definitely my fault). so here's my D for now: respect my body--how i treat it and what i put in it and focus on finding satisfaction in the small successes.

hope everyone is doing well and i look forward to getting back in the loop--
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #6  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

also, what are MMunches?
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jeni, in NY, cleaning after puff backs (the soot all over from the furnace issue) are covered under your Homeowner's Insurance after the deductible. Maybe, you could talk to your agent and get some help with that awful clean up. I work in Insurance, so don't want to stick my nose in, but it's a thought.

E- welcome back, we've missed you! mmunches are an affectionate reference to the crunches that are part of my everyday exercise plan. MMunches (mother mavis crunches), I try to do between 75 and 100 of both upper and lower every day, if I ever get the fat off 'em, they are going to be awesome. I will rival YS 8-pk. Oh to be an 18 yr old wrestler, that child's body is steel.

Clykk- I am a squeaker inner from way back. Welcome back, we've missed you!!

Nmichelle, I am with you on weekends and days off. I am so good on work days, but free time, I am hand to mouth all day.

Anywho, got to go make dinner!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Glad to see so many people here and active today. I am once again struggling with the mid-cycle gain. I am up 4 pounds in 4 days. It's just unrreal. I am really hoping that hormone cream does some good. I have watched my workout friend lose 10-15 pounds while I sit at about the same thing.

Jeni- Pain. I hate to clean as it is. I would certainly hate that job.

Clykk- Glad to see you sneaking back in. I had to laugh, because you are not the only one to make that comment to me. My workout friend at school says she is Laura and I am Tara and had some real insight today. She said, 30 minute workouts are working for her and it doesn't seem to matter what I do. It's true. 30min., 55 min. doesn't matter. HORMONES SUCK!!!

Michelle- I think you are like many people. Weekends just get cha. All you can do is try to be as good as possible, then hit it hard during the week.

e32- Me too!!! Last year while losing the first 50 pounds my heel didn't bother me at all. This year it does. I try to stretch it and wear supports in my shoes. I have a very high arch. It's tough though because it hurts. I just keep going.

MM- Keep a mmunching. You are doing great.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Thanks for the advice MM. We have been told to check on insurance several times. Its a hard job, but not even a cleaning service would get it all out. Its just a long hard job.

Today is a workday so no workout for me. Food will be right on.

W64
E extra laps
E 1200 cals
D make it through the first workday back
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #10  

Jeni, that it is. A long hard job. I am with Mindy, I hate to clean, so all the extra work sounds awful!

I ate dirty rice for dinner last night, very good, but my sodium is thru the roof today. Rings are tight and all. Next 3 days are late at work for me, won't get home til after 7 so I need to be mindful of my food when I get here, so I am not just shovelling it in...need to just stick with my plan today and get plenty of water to get rid of the sodium, the dinner itself was fine, made w brown rice, yummy!

Mindy, you are working so hard, I hope the cream works.

OK, got to go get my before shower exercise done.

W 100 oz
E Crunches, aiming for 85 & 85, stairs at work, elliptical
E OP and in Fitday
D How bad do you want it?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #11  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
I ate dirty rice for dinner last night
What the heck is dirty rice?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
Its a hard job, but not even a cleaning service would get it all out. Its just a long hard job.
Well, at least with the insurance, you get some compensation for all your hard labour! How does that work? What do you get compensated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
HORMONES SUCK!!!
But, on the plus side of things, you are learning what your body needs. Once you figure it out, you will be golden. And I don't think there's any short-cut to figuring out what it needs. So, the fact that you are searching out the answer, is tremendous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e32 View Post
hi everyone...i'm sorry i've been 'gone'...i don't know why i hadn't been posting--i've been "lurking" off and on. guess i was feeling down.
I've been down with ya. Such is life, I guess. Good to see you back here.

Michelle I just read back a week or so and see that you have been through a lot recently! Good to hear you taking good care of yourself!

A shout out to everyone else lurking! You are loved!

TOM arrived this morning. Need I say more? Can't seem to muster any motivation to smoke WEED, but I will do the D.

D When you're ready, you'll get back on the wagon. I'm OK.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

:::::WAHHHH::::::: Whine alert....I'm up and dressed for the gym but I wanna, wanna, wanna go back to bed! I'll be alright soon. I got to bed late this morning (darn you internet!) and got only about 4 hrs sleep. And I go back in tonight! But I know I'll feel better when I work out. So today just a quick hit o' the weed.

W- 4-5 liters
E- Gym, cardio, upper body, abs, cardio
E- Breakfast in front of me...Eggbeaters with peppers/onions/ham cubes and banana, Supper is a mac n' cheese dish from a Light n Tasty Magazine with a BIG salad. Snack(s) at work....I have several tupperware dishes of cuccumbers/bell peppers/cherry tomatoes to constantly graze on. apple slices, string cheese and a Fiber one bar in there somewhere. Midnight shift dinner....OMG the cafe downstairs (an authentic Italian restaurant of all things) has this lovely fruit plate with a scooop of tuna or chicken salad in the middle. It is really nice!
D- Get the WEE on....maybe stop at Fashion bug for new sweatpants, check out new running shoes?

Catch up with ya'll later....e32, I'm glad you came back too! i remember reading awhile back that you were excited to see your favorite....ah what was it? Orchestra? cellist? I can't remember but I thought it was nice that you were so excited to see them. LOL do you know what I'm talking about?!

xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone.

I've been feeling so blah lately. The last few days I've become a human garbage disposal. I'm tense, I can't sleep....I want to take a break from the internet/life in general but I feel like if I do, it'll all be over and I'll shoot up to 300 lbs in no time.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Just a quickie. I have so much to do. I was down a bit today, 196. I am hoping to keep this gain minimal. PLEASE!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #15  

Clykk, dirty rice is a cajun dish, rice, lots of spice and andouille sausage, it is delish!!! The original recipe calls for chicken livers which gives it the dirty appearance, but we love it with the sausage and sometimes some chicken or shrimp thrown it, yum!!

JL, hope you feel better soon.

Mtiger, here's to keeping the damage to a minimum.

NM, hope you felt better after you got up and going.