S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

May I join as well...

CW: 210
GW for June 21 (First Day of Summer): 185
Overall GW: 165 before the end of 2009!

Main motivators:

DH and I want to TTC soon and I really need to lose weight in order to:

a) get myself healthy - I was 163lbs when I met DH in 2002 and I was comfortable at that weight
b) have a healthy preganancy - eventually
c) change my lifestyle and the way I "see" food;
I want to eat to live, not live to eat!

I will be getting back to the gym at least 3 times/week for 180 mins of cardio/week. I am currently walking every night, between 30-45 mins, with my 5 1/2 month old puppy, who's very active!

Last edited by Wifey; 03-24-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #17  

Wannabeskinnyagain - circuit training and eating better really saved me. I was stuck in a rut and couldn't lose, and now I feel fantastic and motivated to continue. Just something to consider!
Camarogirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #18  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Pardon my stupidity but what exactly is circuit training? I just bought the
30DS and plan on starting that tonight...I was also contemplating the c25k plan....I really just want to do something that isn't too hard to stick with but something that will get me noticeable results. Any information is helpful.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #19  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well not much water today. do not know about the exercising if i will do it or not. otherwise today was not to bad. had pizza for dinner tonight. and i think i over did it so that is where i am thinking about exercising because i feel guilty about over eating. but dang it was good i also did not have a snack when i got home from work and i think that was part of the problem because i am normally really goood at eating until i am no longer hungry. i do not physically count calories. i gage by my fullness. it does take practice and a lot of learning about yourself and how you deal with food and eating.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeskinnyagain View Post
Pardon my stupidity but what exactly is circuit training? I just bought the
30DS and plan on starting that tonight...I was also contemplating the c25k plan....I really just want to do something that isn't too hard to stick with but something that will get me noticeable results. Any information is helpful.
From what I understand (I'm no expert) circuit training is when you use the strength training machines and lift weights, usually according to a specific pattern (or "round"- hence the circuit) around the room. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Things are going pretty well for me, but cutting out diet soda is hard. Feel free to send me any tips, I could use them!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #21  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'd love to join!!

SW: 174
GW: 140-150
Motivator: To be able to buy practically any clothes I want and have it look good on me, also to not be self conscious when wearing a bathing suit.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

Join ?

SW 165.8
GW 150 ish
Motivation :: Bikini!
:: To Feel Good about myself again

Last edited by Jassica; 03-24-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/152/122

I'm in!!! What a great goal - summer ...

I will commit to either the gym, fluidity bar, or 10,000 steps per day.

I will drink more h2o, esp. b/c I am breastfeeding my little one.

I will meet my goal by june 12th... 127 lbs.
sunspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

And good it is indeed. I am my lightest weight since Nov 15/08!

I certainly could have exercised better yesterday but I ate pretty nice clean food. That, coupled with the loss, should be a motivator to stay focussed today!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #25  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Good Morning. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself so far. Last night I did 30DS, didn't snack at all yesterday, and drank about 80oz of water. I decided if I will probably have better luck staying faithful to 30DS if i do it in the mornings....so I got up and did it again this morning....so far so good though....
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Hey ladies!

keep up the good work..

Ive been doing OK...not much exercise but the food has been completely OP...have been having a few issues with the BF which is making exercising more of a chore than fun...hmpphh
:::rant over::::

today I shall spin!
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Can I jump in? I need a challenge for some extra motivation!

ME:

3/24: 223
Goal (6/20): <200

My goal is to finally reach Onederland (I haven't been there in at least 10 years!). My challenge is to continue OP throughout my FL vacation next month.

Why? I live *at* the beach and it would be nice to go and hang out at the boardwalk, surf and swim without feeling like a whale. Also maybe I could wear a suit instead of my usual board shorts.

Other Goals:
Continue with my C25K program
Start resistance training (I think I will use kettlebells for this)
Drink at least 48 oz of water daily
Meet points target daily (I'm a WWer), this means careful planning for food/water intake while at work

My (skinny marathoner) sister wants me to run a half marathon with her over labor day. I'm going to continue running and see if this is possible. If not, I'm definitely going to run Philly in November. It's unusual for me to have fitness goals and not just a number-on-the-scale goal, and I kind of like it.

Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #28  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Sunspell - I'm breastfeeding also. How old is your little one? Mine is 6 mos., and the whole "don't worry about losing weight, it will fall off when you nurse" idea has NOT worked for me. Meh.

Congrats on your new low, SusanB!
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Well I didn't exactly go to the gym yesterday as I kept getting dizzy and losing balance for whatever reason. So I went home and laid down. HOWEVER last night I began the first day of the 100 Push up challenge! I did W1D1 and tonight W1D2. I will be at the gym with bells and whistles on.

This morning while ironing I heard this commercial about buying the Water Country and Busch Gardens Season Passes and I thought..."Whoa summer is around the freaking corner1" Well I have known this for a while but it was like it just sank in or something. I have been working on my body since last August and I started freaking out because there is a chance I won't be ready for this summer EITHER!! ARRGH. I am glad I joined this "time specific" challenge.

Spooky - Welcome, bathing suit here you come

Aimee - Do you like spinning. I see a lot women going in the class. But is it as full body workout.

Wannabe - way to be on track!

susan - congrats on the low weight

anyone ever tried racquet ball? THey have it at my Y and I wanna try
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

I've also wanted to try spinning but I'm afraid I'm still too heavy for that skinny little bike! Are there larger people in your class?
Here are my victories:
I brought my running clothes with me (up to and including shoes and iPod), they are in the car. My plan is to stop by the park on the way home from work (after 7 am tomorrow) and run. Then I can go to sleep knowing my workout is over and there is no need to stress over it.
Also, work tonight is unbelievably stressful. HOWEVER I will resist the urge to order from the ODR (the officer's dining room, which is full of free, yummy, but terrible-for-you food that they will deliver to you at your workstation) and eat what I brought instead (which is totally fine -- homemade shrimp/vegetable fried rice and a frozen dinner).
*sigh*
Hope everyone is having a great night!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote