Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #16  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hi! This is a greatmini challenge, Melissa. I've been a tv hog so much lately. Well.. i dont have a tbv..but im all over watching shows online. ANYWAY.. regardless... i need to be moving while i watch tv.. im such a couch potato lately!!

I dont want to be all about me ( as usual lately) buti need to confess my issues somewhere... im sure you are all sick of my woes lol but man. 2009 is not my year, health wise so far. i have beenyo yoing from 235-245 since january and i cant get on track. its not like me. i did a year, on plan, on track and not seeing me go back into my old ways.. but i cant stop binging on like crazy stuff.. packages of cookie dough, fried ANYTHING... just like the worst foods you can think of in excess. I do good for a week.. then binge for a week. its horrible.
I had a small melt down today... and i know i've said im back on plan and doing great... like 896585654 times this year.. but i think it's gonna be a slow journey back on track and with a trip to vegas coming up... its gnna be hard. im so scared to see myself go back up the scale.. it makes me sick ust thinking about it. this is the first time ina long time ive been so down about this. At least i think im at rock bottum.. no wjere to go but up!
im ok, after my meltdown this evening.. but i had to admit to my binging sins and get it off my chest.
Its crazy because i know what to do.. and i know how good it makes me feel... but why am i sabotaging myself!

ANyway.... im here.. im going to try my best and stick precisely to my plan.. im getting out the old books and following them just like day one, back in feb 2008!

ANYWAY... pity party over..

i hardcore binged today.. and im sure im OVER this weight.. but i didnt weigh in today..

my SW is 245ish
and my goal is to be anywhere in the 230s.

Not a huge goal.. but a goal none the less. I hope that even though im going to vegas.. lots of walking and ' cuddling' with the dh ( who i only see 2 weeks out of the year this year) will help me maintain in the 230s somewhere! lol

Anyway.. here's to a good week gals and lets work it while we watch it!!

as for goals... im redoing c25k at a higher speed to help my 5ks be faster and i want to do yoga 4-6 times a week... and no eating after 8!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

I would like to lose 10lbs but I know my body and it will refuse to release that much weight in less than a month. So my goal is going to be 5lbs.
SW: 186.6
GW: 181.6

I desperately want to get back to what I was at the beginning of the year, around 170. My low blood sugar has been wreaking havok on my weight loss efforts but lately I can tell its improving, thank the Lord.
I just really need to get back to exercising diligently again. I have been walking but not the amount and intensity that I normally do.
Also we don't watch "tv", no channels. But we do watch DVDs sometimes so I think I could do the extra exercises but it won't be everyday.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #18  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

I have a huge decision to make concerning my job. With the economy in the crapper and people losing their jobs/homes/etc right and left, my mind is screaming to keep this job no matter how emotionally and mentally draining it is. It doesn't help at all that working for the VA is basically my security blanket. I'm trying to wait till I get my first project from the WAH position but this new boss.....I have several people I need to talk to tomorrow before I make my decision. I'm 22 and too young to be this stressed!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #19  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

SW: 260
GW: 255

I worried and ate myself through the first two challenges. Time to stop the bull and get down to business! I'm trying to cement the thought in my head that life is going to throw crap at me regardless so I can at least get physically smaller while it's happening! Easier said than done, of course.

Eny ~ Hello love! How's the family?

Mel ~ Fantastic first challenge! I watch little tv but I can do this while watching my DVR Simpsons.

Heather ~ Post a pic!

Faux ~ Could you be sabotaging yourself because you were doing so good? I know that when I start losing weight for real, I freak and ruin it unconciously. Emotional issues on my part. You have alot going on with the husband being deployed and all.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone! I love these challenges, because they give me something to work towards other than my usual monthly goals.

Current Weight:
March 17: 257.4lbs

Goal Weight:
April 12: 245lbs

I really think that I can do it . . . Good luck everyone!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Abby- You sound JUST like me. We just gotta keep telling ourself to STOP! It will eventually happen.

Shari- Heres a bigger pic just for you!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hmm, the pic didnt work. Well my avatar is the same pic, I was just gonna make it bigger
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm here--I missed the post of the new challenge, so I missed my first day of the mini-challenge. Sigh. Starting behind the pack already.

My start weight is 166
My goal weight is 162
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Current weight: 136.4
Challenge goal: 134.0

This mini-challenge will be great -- I hardly ever JUST watch TV (I'm always on the computer, or studying, or cooking, or whatever else at the same time) but since I've been recovering from being sick I've been just sitting there watching an hour or more at a time some days, and I feel so lazy!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #25  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm in. Glad I saw this today. Was looking for some motivation, and I found plenty on 3fc today.

SW 284.2
GW 279.2 for this challenge

I like the compromise challenge. I have some digital times I got at Dollar Tree. I'm going to use one for this challenge. I'll set it at 15 minutes and keep working at it until it's used up for this challenge. I watch a lot of tv and do a lot of internet.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Eny and Mel I am so sorry! I had no idea we were ending a challenge and starting anew yesterday and I was not able to get online...I was shocked to read the old thread and realize I was left behind in one little day I am just going to use my weight from our last WI I guess since I have not weighed since...

SW: 238
GW: 230

Yes I am aiming high but if I just get 5 I will be happy...but I want 8
Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather88 View Post
Hello everyone! I love these challenges, because they give me something to work towards other than my usual monthly goals.

Current Weight:
March 17: 257.4lbs

Goal Weight:
April 12: 245lbs

I really think that I can do it . . . Good luck everyone!
Heather! We're a fun bunch of girls... and actually you jumped into a YEAR LONG challenge - which we've broken up into smaller ones. I'd love for you to post your 2009 goal too so that I can track you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"]SW: 260
GW: 255

I worried and ate myself through the first two challenges. Time to stop the bull and get down to business! I'm trying to cement the thought in my head that life is going to throw crap at me regardless so I can at least get physically smaller while it's happening! Easier said than done, of course.

Eny ~ Hello love! How's the family?

Hey I'm good. This pregnancy is stil kicking my butt - but I'll be ok. I can't wait to get back to Jillian though! I NEVER thought I'd miss her! I Leslie - but somedays I want a quick @sskicking workout - but I can't do anything that high impact right now... not until OCTOBER!! But I tell you what - come the Halloween challenge WATCH OUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
I'm in. Glad I saw this today. Was looking for some motivation, and I found plenty on 3fc today.

SW 284.2
GW 279.2 for this challenge

I like the compromise challenge. I have some digital times I got at Dollar Tree. I'm going to use one for this challenge. I'll set it at 15 minutes and keep working at it until it's used up for this challenge. I watch a lot of tv and do a lot of internet.
Jazzy - I'm glad that you found some inspiration here with us. we're a close knit group with always open arms! I'd also like your 2009 goal so that I can make you stick around for the rest of the year!

Alright girls - Although I'm not losing weight right now - I can still participate in the mini-challenge... which OF COURSE is AWESOME!!! I'm going to finish watching this moive that I've been watching this morning and do some stability ball exercises.. the one thing I can still do consistently (that and walking) while preggo. regnant:
Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

I also had no idea the other challenge was ending yesterday and the new one starting so here we go...

SW 187.2
GW 185

Heather I have actually gotten my backpacks on Ebay and also Wilsons Leather online. You can do a search for backpack purse and you will probably get all kinds of links but I would try Ebay first, usually cheaper.

I have a set TV schedule as well and it is not much but being on the computer is my downfall, I do not watch TV while on computer just like now I am the only one home and not a single TV on just this computer..... But getting ready to get my daily exercise in so I will talk to everyone later
Have a Great Day
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I just got back from the track and am so excited! I have managed to get back on track and am feeling much better today...and it showed in my walk. I cut over 10 minutes off my original 4 mile test time from last Wednesday! I do another official test next Wednesday so I am super motivated now to keep on plan so I can seriously take my time down.

Watching BL last night got me real scared about the half marathon I am going to walk in August. They ran and it took three or more hours...what is is going to take me to walk it esp. since my starting time was 85 minutes just for 4 miles that's okay, I got that down a lot in just a week so hopefully by August I won't be so bad. I'm just worried about being the absolute last person walking all by my lonesome. They may close the race and not know I am still out there!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
I am thinking about the Compromise challenge. I do watch TV almost every evening, but I usually exercise from 1 to 2 hours before watching. I can't see doing another 15 minutes at that point. However, I am thinking I should not eat or drink (besides water) instead. I am only hesitating because I like to eat supper while watching TV. I know that is terrible but the whole family eats in front of the TV. We are bad. On the other hand, it would obviously be a step in the right direction. How about only healthy food? I will have to sleep on it.
First of all let me just say that it is BAD enough that you eat in front of the television, but it is even WORSE that you allow your whole family to eat in front of the television. Now when you say your whole family I'm assuming it is your spouse/significant other and/or children. Eating while watching television is a gateway for SUCH bad eating habits that can lead to obesity. If you are trying to lose weight I would nix that bad habit and try to prevent my children from creating it and having to struggle with it in adulthood. Also, eating around a dinner table is a great time for family interaction....Children can learn manners, respect, and communication skills at the dinner table.

Also, I try to fit the mini challenges where EVERYONE can participate. This one isn't an exception. Even if you workout immediately before or after watching television....you should still be able to fit this in. It is 15 little minutes....grab some hand weights and work your arms while sitting there watching television, do crunches....any kind of activity. There is NO valid excuse for not doing this. A choice to NOT participate is a CHOICE to NOT burn some easy calories.

I want you to understand that I'm not attacking you....I'm just throwing a little your way...LOL....Its the little excuses that prevent us from being where we want to be...just don't think about it...just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Abby- You sound JUST like me. We just gotta keep telling ourself to STOP! It will eventually happen.
Hey Heather...your hair looks good....that is what I remember it looking like when you lived here.....I forgot...you are soo lucky to look that good with both short and long hair...
Closed Thread