3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Lent 2009 Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/165262-lent-2009-challenge.html)

JasonsLea 02-24-2009 02:25 AM

Lent 2009 Challenge

:wave: everyone!

I was reading another thread and saw that Lent is coming up (Feb. 25 - April 11). I did a Lent challenge on here a few years back and I liked it. So I decided that for this Lent, I will give up soda and Jalisco burritos. Those burritos are better than sex (I'm sure :p) but they probably contain like a bazillion calories. Does anyone want to join me?

Rosinante 02-24-2009 03:01 AM

Yes please!
I challenge myself to lose a stone (14lbs) during Lent.

Good luck and thanks for starting this.

TXPaula 02-24-2009 07:51 AM

Well, here goes. I will give up desserts/sweets: pie, cookies, ice cream, doughnuts etc. I have been wanting to do this for a long time because sweets use up so many ww pts. Thanks for the challenge.

goodday 02-24-2009 08:46 AM

chocolate. 40 days chocolate-free, here i come :)

Newlywed 02-24-2009 11:24 AM

I am going to give up pop... Only because I am an addict.

angelinelosesweight 02-24-2009 05:28 PM

I am also going to give up coke. No more sodas for me:)

Lori Bell 02-24-2009 05:45 PM

My religion does not require me to give up anything for lent, but I had decided that I would vow to go to every Lenten service for the next 7 weeks. That would be 7 Wednesday services, 7 Sunday services, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday. (16 Church services in 7 weeks) As far as giving things up, heck, in the last year I have given up junk food, cigarettes and alcohol, so really giving up a vice is not really an option, since I have none left ;) But since Christmas I have gone over my daily calories 5 different times and my progress has really reflected that. Gosh, for this challenge could a person vow to stay on plan 100% during lent instead of giving up one thing?

nicki rose98 02-24-2009 08:10 PM

I honestly can't thing of any "items" to give up. I already gave up regular coke and plenty of sweets.

I do challenge myself to lose 10 lbs for lent though.

I think I will give up NOT exercising. There are sometimes I simply don't feel like exercising and I don't think that's an excuse. I challenge myself to stay OP with exercising for lent.

JasonsLea 02-25-2009 12:50 AM

Thanks for joining me guys!

Lori ~ If you wanna challenge yourself to stay POP for 40 days, you're more than welcome! :)

I'm adding eating desserts at work to my list! They make gooood cake at my job but I can never stop at one! So I'm just going to cut it all out.

Thanks for joining guys! Remember, Lent starts TOMORROW!

e32 02-25-2009 05:32 AM

lori--congrats on your progress! i'm with you. instead of giving something up i am committing to staying on plan. for me this means the gym. every. single. day. no excuses! :)

so, i guess you could say i'm giving up laziness and excuse making for lent!

good luck everyone--we can do it! :)

thanks for the idea jasonslea!

Rosinante 02-25-2009 10:13 AM

How's it going?
I'm 60% through Lent Day One and sticking to plan so far!

drakehewin 02-25-2009 01:30 PM

Ok, normally, I give up something that is rather easy for me, like chocolate or cookies. However, this year, I will give up alcohol. I drink all the time with colleagues and friends. In Japan, it is the thing to do. However, I am giving it up. I love the lord and my body and can give it up. I AM ALL IN!!!

clarelou 02-25-2009 01:34 PM

hey all, day 1 and il join ya's. im giving up chocolate, sweets, biscuits and desserts. also aiming to loose a stone. goodluck everyone. hows the first day going?

david 02-25-2009 01:35 PM

i started today...im gonna do lean cuisine for lent...i figure thats a good jump start

david 02-25-2009 01:38 PM

im having my coffee right now...later im gonna get on the scale and then not until easter