3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Easter Challenge Invitation~Week 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/164543-w-o-w-easter-challenge-invitation%7Eweek-1-a.html)

jcatron243 02-15-2009 05:16 AM

W.O.W. Easter Challenge Invitation~Week 1

Its time to start our new Women on WEED challenge. This challenge is an 8 week challenge. Any cute names for this one? I have no imagination.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

jcatron243 02-15-2009 05:34 AM

Morning everyone! Last night I went out to dinner as a Valentines day Treat for my family. I ate a not healthy disgustingly gross meal. I cant believe I ate the crud I did. I am paying for it today though. I havent had a greasy meal in so long my stomach is not happy with me today. Its terrible sunday at work. A mexican food potluck. I don't want to take anything, because I wont be eating anything, but I feel bad if I don't. But I am NOT eating at the potluck today. I feel naseaous enough.

Okay new Challenge so I should introduce myself. and my goals.

My name is Jeni. I am married and I have two kids, Makenna is 5 and Tommy is 3. I work a weird schedule: 12 hour shifts 6 days on one week, 6 days off the next. I have two different sets of WEED that I follow, One for my work days and one for when I am off.

Water. I normally drink 80 to 100 ounces of water a day.

Exercise. On my days off I workout hard. I usually do anywhere from 1-2 hours. I need to run during my workouts, the endorphine rush is GREAT!

Eats. In January I started with a salad only for dinner meal plan. Actually I just dont eat bread or pasta or anything really heavy. I Usually eat 1200 calories a day but I upped that to 1300 friday when I added in a morning protein shake before work.

Daily Goals/Affirmation. For me it usually centers around Sticking to my plan and doing housework.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 6 pounds. Take me to 142. I had really good luck with my diet and ended up losing 10 pounds during the last challenge. I think the best I can hope for is 6 pounds this time around (even that is pusing it since I will be on vacation March 15-21).

Okay Workday WEED today:

W 80 oz
E extra laps. Get to at least 8.5 miles on the ped
E 1300 cals
D DO NOT TOUCH the potluck food!

debnboyz 02-15-2009 08:26 AM

I would love to join!!!

My name is Debbie. This year my dh and I will be celebrating 11 years of marriage. We have two wonderful boys. Nate will be 10 in April and Ben turned 2 in late December. I work full-time as a teacher. Our family moved from FL to NC in August. My dh is a SAHD during the day. He just got a job 'thank you Lord' about 3 weeks ago. It's evenings and only 5 minutes away (if that). Oh, I turned 39 (gulp!) in January.

I've been on a weight loss journey for adult life. I remember thinking I was so fat as a teenager (high school years). Looking back, I'd be thrilled if I weighed that again! College came, gained weight. I did loss weight my junior year. I looked great, felt great! Gained it back. Lost it a few years later...again, felt great. Then I met my husband. Slowly gained it back, got pregnant, and it's pitiful to say, I haven't lost it since.

I've gained about 50 lbs. in the past 10 years, but gained a total of over a 100. My goal is not a 'size' or a specific 'weight'. I want to feel good, be healthy and get me back. I weigh about 282. Blah!

My goal for Easter would be to lose 10lbs. by watching what I eat and exercising. Exercising is not my favorite thing to do...but I know that when I eat right, drink water and exercise I see success! I also know that I need to realistic with my WEED as I don't want to set it too high...it's been awhile since I dedicated myself to exercise/food/water, but I can't put it off any more!

Water-start off with at least 64; then increase to 100 oz. Weekends will be 100oz.

EXERCISE-walk at least 20 minutes 4 days a week. (increase as the weeks progress)

EATS-My biggest obstacle is not planning for food and eating out--especially breakfast. No more fast food. I will have a breakfast high in protein about 400 calories. I will stick to 1900-2000 calories.

DAILY GOALS/AFFIRMATION-stick to the WEE and remember that nothing tastes as good as 'skinny' will feel! Affirmation-I'm worth the effort to change my habits to get healthy!

mtiger 02-15-2009 10:54 AM

Good morning everyone. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mindy and I live in Michigan. I teach 5th grade this year, YUCK!!! Wish I still had little kids. I have 2 college age children, both into theatre. We live on a small farm with an assortment of animals. My ex-hubbie lives with us. Kind of a wierd family thing going on. Long story. I gained lots of weight when I got my pregnant for my oldest, who is now 23. Never lost it, but did manage to gain some more.

I have been working on this for over a year now and have lost quite a bit. I lose slowly and have my share of frustrations. Sometimes I feel defeated and would like to give up, but I never do. We are a great group of women who support each other to the max. WELCOME!!!

Nothing here for V-Day. Stayed on plan, and worked out carefully last new, due to my aching back. It is feeling somewhat better today. I was 194.4 yesterday and today. I know it is mid-cycle gain time. I am hoping and praying that it isn't much this time.

Since I know my average loss is 2-3 pounds a month I am going to set my goal for 6 pounds. That is about the max I think I can lose. Wow!! That would put me solidly in the 180's. Sounds good to me.

Clykk 02-15-2009 02:08 PM

Hi! My name is Carolyn and I live in Mississauga, Ontario with my DH of 13 years. We have a 10 year old son named Jack and a 10 month old shih tzu puppy named Daisy. My DH has a 27 year old daughter who is staying with us since January as she is going through a bout of depression. My DH also has a 22 year old son who is living with his Mom.

I am 44 years old and came back to 3FCs in December at my highest weight ever of 165 lbs. I will have reached my goal once I get down to 145 lbs. and have changed my eating lifestyle enough that I stay there.

I have no problem with exercise. I do a balance of exercise: weights 3 x week; swim laps 2 x week; treadmill 1 x week; and yoga 1 x week. I also have a dog now and I take her out at least once a day for a good walk. That has me working out every day and therefore gives me room to skip a day or two each week if life demands it.

Now, eating...that's another story. I fall off the wagon VERY EASILY food-wise. Like this weekend, I bought two bags of cookies and have scarfed down a ton of cookies already. I don't seem to be able to limit my intake of junk food. If it is around, I eat and eat and eat it until it is gone. So, don't buy any junk food right? That would be smart and that is where the first line of defence breaks down. I do like my fruits and vegetables though, but I LOVE sweets!

Last WEED Valentine's challenge I dropped 6 pounds, but I haven't done my last WI (which is tomorrow) and I am afraid I may have gained some of that back with my terrible eating habits this weekend. When I find out how I did I will make a goal for this one.

Grazer 02-15-2009 04:47 PM

Hello Eveybody! Last challenge I ended back where I started. This time around I'm going to exercise 3-4 times per week and try to eat healthy.

Gotta go, kids are crying

JasonsLea 02-15-2009 06:30 PM

:wave: girls!

:welcome: debnboyz!

About me: My name is Shari, I'm 22, and my life is a bit of a mess right now. That's....about it! :lol:

I think I'll skip the weight goal this challenge. I just want to focus on POP days and getting back into exercise.

I hope yall had a good Valentine's Day and weekend. Today would be a great day to have a car. The wind is blowing, it's nice and cool, all that is missing is a overcast sky, maybe a chance for rain. I like going out in that kind of weather.

My little sister is leaving Friday for Alabama. I worry but I hope that if she falls and lands on her face, she'll use common sense and come back home.

mtiger 02-15-2009 07:01 PM

Thought I would come and share this with you guys. I was hit on today. It was so strange. This man said hello, then asked me if I had worked for the Dept. of Ed. Then he came back and said basically he had really wanted to just meet me and found me attractive. Wanted to know if I was married etc.
Gosh, I haven't been hit on since my 20's and I'm 48. I was flabbergasted. Nobody hit on me 55 pounds ago. Well, just thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Must go workout now.

Nixmom 02-15-2009 08:11 PM

Hi Girls

First off - WHOO HOO for getting some attention Mtiggie! That's fabulous. Now hold on sister, cuz once the world finds out how fabulous you are... you're gonna need cards printed up with your hotline on it!!!

Easter Challenge Opener - My name is Kris, I'm 37, have 1 DS (19, who lives with my parents -closer to his college), and 2 almost stepsons (7, 4) and one almost stepdaughter (9). OH and a live in boyfriend of 2 years whom I adore. He likes to cook, I love to eat., its serious trouble in weightloss land when we encounter simultaneous weak moments. We both recently quit smoking, and I have been trying to get serious on the weight loss gig. Our lives are busy, both work full time and our house goes from 2 of us to 6 of us depending on the day!

I work in Management for the City I live in. Quite an eye opening (and often disheartening experience) but it pays my bills, and I do love the people I work with. I do a lot of sitting on my blessed assurance and rubbing my forehead :D

I didn't even stay even last challenge. My tailbone ouchie really set me back. I am starting this challenge at 206 lbs. 8 weeks is our timeline huh. I would love to see 190 by the end of it. A big goal, but I will be in high gear this round.

Welcome aboard deb - Hello to all my favorite determined girls on my #1 favorite challenge thread. Gonna go get my game on! My goals for the challenge will be to get at least 6miles of walking in per week, stay under 1600 calories and Get my Water and vitamins in daily, and strength train at least 2 X per week.

For week 1:
W- 64minimum
E- 45 minutes M, W, F, Sun
E- 1600, drop the excuses, and the salt
D- I know that my body wants to do this! I can feel it!

Good Luck everyone!

JasonsLea 02-15-2009 08:38 PM

Ooo, I forgot to post my WEED for the challenge:

W ~ 96 oz
E ~ min 30 mins
E ~ OP, within SP range
D ~ Embrace the suck.

Mtig ~ You go, MissThang! ;)

Good to see you Nix!

thinpossible 02-15-2009 09:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

Started my period today, and I'm retaining a ton of water. I ate some goodies this weekend, and you know what? They weren't that good. :lol: I'm actually looking forward to getting back to healthy food tomorrow, and the way it makes me feel.

Anyway, I'm Sheryl. I live in Colorado. I've been married to my DH Aaron for 18 years. We have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy ages 10, 8, and 6. I'm a stay at home mom, but this fall my youngest will be in school all day, so I am planning to go back to work teaching elementary school.

I don't really have a weight goal for Easter. Last challenge I lost 10 pounds, and I'm hoping to do at least that this time!

Water goal: About 2 liters a day
Eating goal: Most days I keep my calories at 1300-1400. I try to eat whole foods, a lot of fiber, and keep away from junk.
Exercise goal: 30 minutes 6 days a week
Daily Affirmation: Keeping on plan, doing my exercise, giving myself :kickbutt: and making each day count toward getting a little closer to goal.

mothermavis 02-16-2009 06:45 AM

Morning to all! Nice to see new and familiar faces!!

I am Mavis, I'm 42, married for over 20 years with two boys. One a Jr in college and one a Senior in high school. Just sat thru my last high school sporting event on Saturday when wrestling ended. A bit weirded out by that (yes, I cried) because that is what we have done since OS started pee-wee's and tee ball, seems odd to have it done. He's involved in other stuff too, but the sports are finished.

I have been bouncing around the same weight now for almost a year, time to put up or shut up and I've decided to put up. My goal for Easter, the 130's. I am gaining again right now, back to 153 this am, so is going to take some focus, but I can do it.

Jeni, I took turbo jam out of the box yesterday!!

W 100 oz, no beer
E Just did my crunches, stairs and then treadmill tonight
E OP
D one choice at a time

jcatron243 02-16-2009 10:12 AM

:welcome: Deb! This is an awsome group to be with.

So exciting stuff yesterday at work. Not good exciting either. Some one sent out a threatening e-mail mostly against the shift that follows mine but they hacked into another persons e-mail. You know the kind of thing. Talked about bringing in a gun and unloading it. . . The company didn't want to call the authorities and handle it internally but with 32 people telling them WE NEED to feel protected and this isn't about PR They ended up calling the sheriff and the shut the plant down for today. So I got a suprise workout! :carrot: crappy about missing work today I would have gotten paid double time and a half :( But I get to spend the day with my kids and that is worth so much more.

Gotta run

W 100 oz
E 70 minutes done
E 1200 planned calories!
D keep to the plan enjoy my suprise day off!

econ nerd 02-16-2009 01:15 PM

Back again... I was on weed before and am back for more :D My name is Karen and I need to lose about 75 pounds... I had lost a pile of weight a few years ago and gained it all back... Back on track I am!

My big goal is to lose about 20 pounds over the next eight weeks. In general I plan to drink my 64 oz a day, exercise 6 days a week and keep track of my calorie intake.

Are we doing daily weed or weekly?

For now:
W: 64 oz
E: move it
E: Keep calories in check
D: I am doing this for me

jcatron243 02-16-2009 03:25 PM

Welcome Back Econ Nerd!!