G2009 - This Takes More Than Luck - Challenge #2

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: For Christmas I got a gift certificate to get my nails done....and for Valentine's day my hubby got me a gift certificate to get a pedicure (LOVE IT)!
    Ahhh, I'm jealous! I already decided that when I lose 10lbs, I'm going to get a pedicure! I haven't had one in years and my feet seriously look HORRIFIC!

Quote: I don't know how much you really want to know.. but, i have recently been diagnosed with having Bi-Polar disorder (last summer).
    My BFF is bi-polar...along with other things. She's supposed to be on medication but she hasn't been since we were in high school. Add on to that, her family is absolutely toxic, we are both surprised she hasn't killed anyone yet.

Quote: It's after midnight. I am officially 32 years old. Turning 30 did not phase me. 31 was no big deal. For some reason I have been freaking out over 32. I feel old. I look old. I am old. I just feel like so much of my life has gone by and I have accomplished very little.
    Happy Birthday! Oh god, I felt the same way on my last birthday. People think it's crazy but I've always felt like a old lady who's seen and been through everything. I don't know why my 22nd birthday was the big meltdown but it was.

Quote: ... I myself am Mexican so I don't do much other than wear green on the day. Otherwise you get pinched. Does anyone else remember that tradition? Evil little school children!
    I remember that. I used to lie and say that I had green underwear on when I forgot to wear something green!
  • Kosh ~ My friend is Irish so we party it up! Matter of fact, I think she'll be down here on St Paddy day for her Spring Break. Fun fun fun!

Dixie ~ I'm sorry your DD's husband is such an azz. I hope she does leave him and soon!

Jenny ~ Thanks for the tag!

I hope yall had a good Valentine's Day and weekend. Today would be a great day to have a car. The wind is blowing, it's nice and cool, all that is missing is a overcast sky, maybe a chance for rain. I like going out in that kind of weather.

My little sister is leaving Friday for Alabama. I worry but I hope that if she falls and lands on her face, she'll use common sense and come back home.
  • Update on ENY

I called Eny like a hour ago and I have good news & bad news:

Good news: She, Joe, Hunter, and BellyBean are all fine.

Bad news: She lost her job last week and her computer is messing up.

She said thanks for thinking of her and hopefully she'll have her computer back tonight so she can post.
  • Well, I finished my tag... Yay! I did 30 minutes of Wii boxing (modified since I'm still on crutches). So the next lucky victims are:

sexybrokechick
    and
    mrsaugie <---- EDIT: sorry, I misspelled that earlier

I haven't been keeping up too well on who has how many, so hopefully I picked two people that don't have too many yet.

By the way, I think my stomach is shrinking. I saved up quite a bit of calories today so I could indulge in a good helping of dh's yummy yummy homemade lasagna (luckily, he goes a little easy on the cheesy since he has a bit of lactose intolerance)... BUT I ate the good size portion on my plate really fast because I was really hungry and now I feel like the food is stacked up to the middle of my esophagus. BLEH! I'll know better not to do that next time.
  • Great News that Eny and family are well, sorry to hear about the job it is effecting so many people, it is sad

MariMari oh does Lasagne sound sooooo good, i love it....

Dixiemae so sorry to hear about your daughters worthless husband, it has to be hard for you to see and hear the way he is treating her, not sure I could do that.....

Vanessa thanks for th list it is very helpful Oh and isn't that awesome when you can go shopping and buy smaller clothes and so cheap, I am always about buying when on clearance

Last but not least I did get 40 minutes of exercise done today so

Tagging
    Jo7475

Hope everyone has a great work week
  • Hi~I just finished my 30 min tag. So I get to tag 2 lucky ladies
    MODCAT and PURPLE you are it!!!!!!! Please feel free to tag me, tag me please. I need to move my arse. Everyone have a wonderful evening Pat
  • I got tagged twice! I am so excited...thanks gals! I will do it tomorrow on the track and tag 4 lucky ladies in the morning well, it may be afternoon becuase I have a busy morning.

I am glad to hear eny is okay, though the job news is horrible...I know so many people suffering right now it tears my heart out. I hope we hear from her soon.
  • i'm def still in!

sw: 193
    gw: 185

i cant wait to be tagged i have been slacking due to my busy schedule. i need to figure out how to get back on track!

for Eny! i know how it feels. i just pray all of this will begin to turn around soon
  • Hi girls!

Shari- Thanks for the update. Thats sucks she lost her job, its a bad time. Im glad they are ok though.

You girls are really kickin some booty! Keep it up!
  • Wow! Well first off... hugs to Eny.. I hope things turn around for her soon. Glad that are all ok though

Melissa.. i will post my weigh tomorrow.. ?i have done ALOT of soul searching today and im back to the good ol. hard working me. I will weigh in tomorrow with that no doubt higher than jan.1 weight and start workin my way back down. i swera have girged on everything in sight for like a week... not pretty. anyway. in conclusion.. my big weugh in is tomorrow..

I can not wait to get wasit deep in the tagging game! i love it!!

look out guys!!! ? i will have five tags to give out tomorrow!!
  • woo-hoo! i got tagged!!! thanx JennyRae! since it is 11pm. i will be sure to do it tomorrow and get back on to do some tagging back. this really excites me for some reason....

thank you so much for all of the support. you ladies are wonderful! I have told my friends about my diagnosis, but i don't usually just tell people. i thought that it might explain any odd behavior form me tho too. But i have been doing well... so you probably won't notice much.

Purplefirefly- YOU ARE NOT OLD. My mom always said that age is just a number and i really belive that. my chiropractor recommended a detox plan that Standard Process makes ( you have to get it thru someone in the medical field i believe). It is kinda pricey for me so i didn't get it. it is about 220 i think. he said to be really careful about doing stuff like that etc. i haven't done anything yet. thanks for your suggestions. the book i am going to get is called "Take Charge of Bi-Polar" it a book for "you and your loved ones" the author also has a sight where she sells cards that have symptoms, what i can do, and what the loved one can do or more importantly not do to help. i think if i get the book and look at it, and leave it for him to look at he will. i plan to highlight areas that would help me etc, and make notes and stuff like in college. lol

one of my biggest problems is that i am at home all day with my daughter Alex, who i love dearly, sometimes i get so stressed out and i need a break, but i don't always get it. and i get pushed a little too far. see, he needs time to "decompress" from work. a common word the guys use. we had a wive's get together and another wife said that too. and we were all like yep we heard that too. i just wonder when my time to "decompress" is. I know i seam ungrateful sometimes. i mean i am lucky enogh to be able to stay home, this also means we don't have a lot of extra money so he picks up special duties when he can. he has a crappy schedule as it is. he works 6 and off 2, then has 2 3 day weekends. since he is on midnight, he really only gets one full day with us a week, because he switches his sleep to be able to do that. i kno it is hard on him. i could only imagine. and i tell him that. he says he understands how hard it is for me, but he works. lol. so do i. every now and then he will make comments about him being the only one who has to work. and he wishes he could stay home. he would go insane doing what i do.

marimari- I am in Ohio too! but not OSU fans. lol. we live near Columbus and the people here are crazy about OSU and it just gets annoying. I am going to try al that i can to limit the amount of meds that i will need to take and do as much as i can on my own. however i need to do my research. i have done all kind of "mood enhancing" things like taking diff vitamins etc. then i read somewhere that you can't do it all alone and that you need help. that is when i was like... hmmm... maybe i have to suck it up and take some meds. As for the friend thing, i actually have 2 really good friends and i have not talked to them much at all. and it all started last summer when my DH and I had such a hard time. he said i talk about out issues with other people and that isn't right. so i actually quit talking to everyone i know. i should say, i quit contacting them and i only talked if they called me. he would say that i had time for everybody else but not him. i could see where he may have thought that sometimes if i was on the phone in the evening after he got up. On a happy note one of friends that i used to teach with is off tomorrow for president's day so we are going to lunch with our little girls. we are going to the Cheesecake factory. they have an awesome salad there that i know Alex will love and we are going to share it Alex is a little rabbit. she loves her salad! Good luck to you too! Are you trying for you first baby? I think it only takes 2 weeks for you stomach to start to shrink. i know the way to full feeling. unfortunately, i have done that too many times

McKenziesmomma- thank you for being so welcoming!

Dixiemae- i am sorry about your DD. if her husband is being abusive she needs to get out before it gets worse. i really feel bad for both of you. i have two friends in very bad relationships and i even called a local support place about the one couple. the lady i spoke to told me that there is nothing i could really do to help her, just to give her support and to let her know that i am there for her and that if i'd try to convince her to leave that that could be worse. so i don't really know what to say. giving her your love and support is always good and i am sure you do i was getting close to leaving my husband last summer and i knew i could always go to my mom for anything and she would do all she could to help me, along with my family. luckily tho, it didn't come to that for me and we are much better now.

StNessa79- thanx! i have been doing much better with the bingeing. i think coming on here and reading etc does help me. i could use a good butt-kicking every now and then. but sweet and loving is nice too... since i have a tendency to get the other at home. lol. but not in the same way i am sure. Please don't get me wrong. my DH is a great guy, he just has a tendency to be a little, i don't know the word, but he deals with a lot of drunks at work etc and "bad" guys being on 3rd shift and then sometimes i think he gets so used to dealing with them that he forgets how to deal with me. usually this happens when i need compassion the most. when he is off on vacation etc, he totally mellows out again. CONGRATS on the new shirt... that is such a wonderful feeling... i remember that. now i need to just do it again. i have a ton of clothes that have maybe been worn twice, then i got pregnant and gained weight quickly.

Kosh- a city near me, Dublin, of course haha! even has the space between the double lines on the road painted green! and that's all the time. i decorate a bit. my husband is part Irish. i get my daughter cute shirts etc. i make the corned beef and cabbage. but that is it. no crazy drinking here! i wanted to make a fuzzy navel earlier, but then i thought of all the calories and decided against it.

JasonsLea- Sometimes i am shocked that i haven't killed someone myself (half joking, half serious) Some people can't handle the side effects of the bi-polar meds. like i said, i have not taken any so i am only stating what i have read. i can only imagine that the meds would be hard too, some people even get body twitches and their mouths do crazy movements etc. that would be very hard to handle. i don't think i could. Has she read the book "take charge of bi-polar" that is the one i am going to get and it is supposed to help even without meds

and now it is 12 am... lol. you girls are not going to want me to talk so much really soon! i will wear out my welcome. i better get some rest. sorry so long. i wont do this often, i promise.
  • Alex - do it as much as you want! I enjoyed reading it. I don't have any kids but I work & then come home to do all the cooking, cleaning, & yardwork yet when my husband gets home he talks about how tired he is & how it must be so nice that I'm home so early in the afternoon. Yeah, but I'm the one that is at work by 6:30 am when he doesn't wake up until 11am -- and then I'm the one that's up until midnight doing laundry, washing dishes, etc... and lets not forget who does everything for all 4 dogs & all the grocery shopping... YEAH MUST BE NICE COMING HOME FROM WORK AND SITTING ON YOUR BUTT!

Well, I didn't get to my tags but I will tomorrow. I was cleaning like crazy today. My best friend gets in Thursday night so I'm getting the guest bathroom/bedroom ready for her. Then of course I start noticing everything that needs to be cleaned so I started on all of that. I'll be cleaning all the way up until I get her from the airport. My husband still has all his computer crap on my kitchen island & table. I've been trying to be subtle & sometimes not so subtle about it driving me crazy & he just keeps saying "Don't touch anything" Get me that rolling pin...

Okay it's late & I need to be up soon. I shall see you all tomorrow & I'll get those tags done & do some tagging of my own
    HAPPY MONDAY!!
  • AlexsMama--Oh, you will not wear out your welcome, just keep on talking. I was looking on amazon for something last night and I saw a book called The Bipolar Workbook and it looked like a workbook where you can write in it and work through issues with bipolar...it was odd it came up in the search I was doing so thought maybe I was meant to mention it to you...then I came here and saw you say something about making notes like in school and thought you may really like a workbook of some sort for that!

I have decided my weight goal for this 4 weeks is a simple 4 pounds. I want a goal I can actually accomplish...I just need a success right now! If I surpass it that's wonderful, but right now I am aiming low. I'll be working on getting myself on a schedule again as well, the holidays threw me off and I never got back on.
  • GIRLS I'M HERE!!!!

I knew there was a reason that I sent Shari my phone number at some point. I'm SO glad you called

I was laid off on the 5th - and haven't had access to a computer since then! It SUCKS! I just got my laptop back from being fixed last night. So Girls I'M BACK!!!

Mel - Thank you SO much for pulling my weight (which is increasing due to this baby! ) while I've been astray! I'm So glad that we found eachother so long ago!

So on the 10th - I turned 29. I really hate my birthday, not because I mind getting older, because I don't - but every year something not-so-good happens - and that part SUCKS!

But on with life! I would love to be able to keep track of everyone again (if Mel doesn't mind) and would love if everyone would PM me their ending weights for the Valentine's challenge (gain or loss). That way I can start to get things back to "normal"

Alright - i'll be back - i love you all SO much!
  • Good morning!

Alexshotmama- Write as much as you like, as often as you like. Your not gonna wear out your welcome

Vanessa- Congrats on the new shirt! I cant wait to fit into something I havent been able to wear.

Eny- Yay! Your back! Sorry to hear about the job, I know its been happening to alot of people lately. Glad everything else is ok. Happy belated birthday! Im 29 too, but ill be 30 in aug . Im not much on my bday either. I mean im always excited (except for this year,lol) but then it always seems like the days doesnt go as good as Id like.