3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   2009 Springtime Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/164436-2009-springtime-challenge.html)

Dumplin 02-13-2009 12:19 PM

2009 Springtime Challenge

Hello - Anyone interested in joining me in a springtime challenge. March 20th is the first day of spring and I really want to look better in my capri's and other spring and summer clothes. As a matter of fact Spring is my favorite time of the year so why not try to feel my best . I will set my goal at 20lbs. because I believe I can do it! Today is Friday Feb 13th(not gonna let that scare me)

O.K. thats 35 days until SPRING:dancer:Please set your goal be based on what you think you can do and how many days you have to get-r done. I hope everyone will check in at least once a week as I believe the more you check in the more FOCUSED you are

"I GOT SUNSHINE ON A CLOUDY DAY":dancer:

macky 02-13-2009 12:57 PM

I'm in!

This time around, I'm trying to be realistic... I'd like to see anything below 170 by March 20!

Current weight: 179.4
Goal weight: 170 by March 20

This means I've got to keep up a steady 2 pound loss per week. Doable? I think so!

Capris in spring, shorts in summer, here I come!

Buckeye 02-13-2009 12:59 PM

I accept the challenge! :D

So, from today until the first day of spring I would like to lose 15lbs. How exciting!!

SW: 194
CW: 194
GW: 179 (WOW)

Dumplin 02-13-2009 01:16 PM

macky and Buckeye-Thanks for joining me! We are gonna look so cute wearing our spring clothes this year"2009 SPRING CHALLENGE":dancer:

zandralexia 02-13-2009 01:46 PM

Im in too I have never worn shorts since ive been over the age of 15, but im going to this summer, so I say 12 pounds by spring!

Lori259 02-13-2009 02:07 PM

Ok ~I will join~THANKS FOR STARTING THIS CHALLENGE DUMPLIN!
I would say 10 Lbs By Spring~I Will work hard to get there....So 225
down to 215~OH YEAH!!! THATS WOULD BE AWESOME!
I Love Spring also...I am a flower lover & can not wait to see my flowers pop up & bloom.(I am in OHIO~ right next door Dumplin~If you was where that ice & snow hit like I was NO wonder you are excited about Spring! I am SOOOO SICK OF WINTER)

daydreamer 02-13-2009 02:52 PM

I'm new, but I'll jump in with both feet! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by March 20th.

FABlynne 02-15-2009 02:44 AM

Hello Dumplin

I'm in! My goal for the Sping 2009 challenge is 6lbs, to bring my weight to 154. I'm so excited! I've never joined a challenge before, so I'm looking forward to this! Good luck every one! Here we go!

blackbutterfly 02-15-2009 03:10 AM

cw-217
GW-210

I thought I might be in onederland by then.. but hey 210 is ok by me.. anything under is just a bonus baby..!!!!!

good luck everyone xox

Koshinogi 02-15-2009 04:29 AM

Hey all, I'm in ill go for 10lbs by spring :?: it's gonna be really hard I think but I will try, that will take me to 180lbs Good Luck all and hooray for a sunny spring :hug:

Dumplin 02-17-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandralexia (Post 2611191)
Im in too I have never worn shorts since ive been over the age of 15, but im going to this summer, so I say 12 pounds by spring!

zandralexia-so glad you joined with us. I'm not big on shorts out but I do wear them around the house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori259 (Post 2611238)
Ok ~I will join~THANKS FOR STARTING THIS CHALLENGE DUMPLIN!
I would say 10 Lbs By Spring~I Will work hard to get there....So 225
down to 215~OH YEAH!!! THATS WOULD BE AWESOME!
I Love Spring also...I am a flower lover & can not wait to see my flowers pop up & bloom.(I am in OHIO~ right next door Dumplin~If you was where that ice & snow hit like I was NO wonder you are excited about Spring! I am SOOOO SICK OF WINTER)

Lori-I was were the snow and ice hit, near Lexington, Ky but thank goodness my electric stay on. Some people were out 7-10 days. I am also a flower lover. What part of Ohio do you live?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daydreamer (Post 2611321)
I'm new, but I'll jump in with both feet! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by March 20th.

daydreamer-This is prefect for new people also. It really helps keep your focus on POP (perfect on plan)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FABlynne (Post 2613069)
Hello Dumplin

I'm in! My goal for the Sping 2009 challenge is 6lbs, to bring my weight to 154. I'm so excited! I've never joined a challenge before, so I'm looking forward to this! Good luck every one! Here we go!

FABlynne-I am so glad you have joined this challenge with us. I really believe you can lose those 6lbs .

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbutterfly (Post 2613073)
cw-217
GW-210

I thought I might be in onederland by then.. but hey 210 is ok by me.. anything under is just a bonus baby..!!!!!

good luck everyone xox

blackbutterfly-give it a shot I believe in you girl "LET'S GO"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koshinogi (Post 2613080)
Hey all, I'm in ill go for 10lbs by spring :?: it's gonna be really hard I think but I will try, that will take me to 180lbs Good Luck all and hooray for a sunny spring :hug:

Koshinogi-Good to have you with us! Let's get ready for SPRING!!!

SuzyQ 02-17-2009 01:48 PM

Count me too

Hi All,
I would like to join in on the fun :).

I would like to lose 10 lbs by Spring :flow1:. Spring is also my favorite time of year. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming and people are in better spirits. I am going to try my best to lose the 10 lbs by then. I am hoping to lose more. I'm keeping my fingers :crossed:.
SW- 288
GW- 278

Good Luck everyone :goodluck:

Suzy

Buckeye 02-17-2009 02:32 PM

Ok, checkin' in.

CW: 194
GW: 179

No loss since last Thursday but that's ok. Still lost 7 pounds in my first week and slipped a little over the weekend. Had a lovely walk with my little one this morning. We don't move real quick but I compensated by having a messenger bag and a very full lunch bag (whole fruit weighs a lot!!)
How's everyone else doing??

e32 02-17-2009 02:38 PM

hi...i'd love to join too. my goal is to be at 150 by march 21st. wow, that would be awesome! i'm feeling ambitious though, i've changed up my gym routine and i've already lost 4 pounds in the last 10 days. so to lose 10 more in a month seems doable (at this point). :)

good luck to everyone!

cw 160
gw 150

zandralexia 02-17-2009 05:54 PM

Im checking in for the week, since i have the flu and cant leave bed but I am down a pound so thats the shinning moment of the day.

SW-194
CW-193
CHALLENGE GOAL WEIGHT-182

Dumplin 02-18-2009 12:24 AM

"2009 Spring Challenge"

:wave: Hello friends! Hope everyone had a great day! I am having an 80's party at my house Saturday night so I will have to get busy cleaning, dusting and planning the food for all those people (that's the big one!) I am expecting 75-80 people. I have lost 1 lb since I have started this challenge so I am very happy about that!
Hope you all have a good week !!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzyQ (Post 2616696)
Hi All,
I would like to join in on the fun :).

I would like to lose 10 lbs by Spring :flow1:. Spring is also my favorite time of year. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming and people are in better spirits. I am going to try my best to lose the 10 lbs by then. I am hoping to lose more. I'm keeping my fingers :crossed:.
SW- 288
GW- 278

Good Luck everyone :goodluck:

Suzy

Suzy-I believe you can lose 10lbs before Spring. Spring is my favorite time of year also! People are in better spirits and the flowers will be blooming . I can smell them now! hehe Good Luck Friend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by e32 (Post 2616781)
hi...i'd love to join too. my goal is to be at 150 by march 21st. wow, that would be awesome! i'm feeling ambitious though, i've changed up my gym routine and i've already lost 4 pounds in the last 10 days. so to lose 10 more in a month seems doable (at this point). :)

good luck to everyone!

cw 160
gw 150

Great job on losing that 4 lbs. in 10 days! Good to have you here with us! Good Luck!

IcassiopeiaI 02-18-2009 12:48 AM

i'm in!

i'd love to weigh 145 by march 21st (my bday)

140 would be AMAZING

Koshinogi 02-18-2009 04:30 AM

Hey just checking in, feeling really rough today think I'm coming down with something, op so far, hopefully will show true for my next weigh in, btw do u guys show weigh ins each week or just at the end of the challenge??

e32 02-18-2009 04:37 AM

thanks for the welcome dumplin :)

i'll be checking back in in a few days with an update

have fun at your party! :)

Dumplin 02-18-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcassiopeiaI (Post 2617599)
i'm in!

i'd love to weigh 145 by march 21st (my bday)

140 would be AMAZING

:wel3fc: Hey my daugher has a birthday March 20th! Don't you love having a birthday in the SPRING TIME!!!!!!

e32-Orgeon and Montana are absolutely the most beauitiful states ever! You are so lucky to live there.

Good morning everyone let's all try to be POP
I will: DRINK 64oz. WATER
1500 CALORIES
EXERCISE 60 min.:dust: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

daydreamer 02-18-2009 12:20 PM

UGH! I have 4 sick children right now (they started feeling icky over the weekend) so I haven't been able to do much more than wipe noses and take temperatures. I'm trying to eat better, and more often, and so far, at least I haven't gained any weight. Hopefully everyone will be better by the weekend.

mygritsconfessions 02-18-2009 12:30 PM

Hey Dumplin!

I am in! I need a challenge to motivate me and this is perfect! I will also set my goal for 20lbs. I will add a ticker for it too, that way I am accountable ;-)

Thanks!

mygritsconfessions 02-18-2009 12:37 PM

Ok, Got the ticker going!

Dumplin 64oz of water? Wow, I feel like I can float away with 45oz! LOL

Have a great day!

Dumplin 02-19-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daydreamer (Post 2618190)
UGH! I have 4 sick children right now (they started feeling icky over the weekend) so I haven't been able to do much more than wipe noses and take temperatures. I'm trying to eat better, and more often, and so far, at least I haven't gained any weight. Hopefully everyone will be better by the weekend.

Hope your children get feeling better! It is good that you have'nt gained weight during this time! You do have alot going on right now. Can't wait until everything gets better for you and your family!.......Thinking of you and your family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygritsconfessions (Post 2618205)
Hey Dumplin!

I am in! I need a challenge to motivate me and this is perfect! I will also set my goal for 20lbs. I will add a ticker for it too, that way I am accountable ;-)

Thanks!

Hello mygritsconfessions-so glad to have you! I looked at your pictures and girl you have really been doing a good job! You look beautiful! I think both of us will get to the finish line!!!!:coach:

mygritsconfessions 02-19-2009 04:07 PM

Hi Everyone!

daydreamer - I am sorry your children are sick, that can be stressful for a mom. I hope they are feeling better soon. Don't pressure yourself, you get back into the swing of things soon.

dumplin - Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I am hard on myself because I was way farther down a couple of years ago, and then let stress affect me all last year, which of course brought back 40 lbs. So, here I go again, however I have learned alot about my emotional eating, so I won't go through that again!

Buckeye 02-20-2009 11:13 AM

Good Friday Morning!

Hello everyone - just checkin' in. Joined TDP and lovin' it. More freedom and I think it will help me to stay on track. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

CW: 192
GW: 179

daydreamer - hope your babies are feeling better.:)

mygritsconfessions 02-20-2009 11:17 AM

Hi Buckeye - Welcome!

How is everyone doing on the Spring Challenge so far? I am down a pound, but hoping for more by my weigh-in on Sunday. I am off and walking now!

Have a good day!

SuzyQ 02-20-2009 01:16 PM

Tgif

Good Morning Ladies :D:

SW - 288
CW - 286.5*
GW - 278

* I lost 10in of hair last night. I have very, very thick hair :lol:. I am hopeful that this is an actually lost and not a :devil:ish trick. Hope you all have a great rest of the day :goodvibes. I'll check on you :egg:s later.

Suzy

mygritsconfessions 02-20-2009 06:27 PM

Wow, SuzyQ 10in. of hair? Your hair must have been really long! Maybe that will result in weightloss? LOL.......you never know!

I too cut my hair today, or should I say my husband did. It was suppose to be a trim, but ended up being 4 or 5 inches of hair! Oh well, it will grow back.....LOL

Hope everyone is good. I will check in tomorrow and see if there is more noise in here.

IcassiopeiaI 02-21-2009 12:05 AM

aww yeah i love having my birthday on the 21st, most places consider it the first day of spring. so all the flowers bloom for me =)

SuzyQ 02-23-2009 01:22 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies:

I believe my scale is broken or the possiblity I might be going :crazy: because over the weekend my weight has been all over the place. Friday I'd lost 1.5, saturday I'd gained .5, sunday I'd lost 2 and this morning I gained 4. I swear that I was very good this weekend. I've been a complete :angel: with what I ate. Of course I had temptation :devil: but never gave in. Any suggestion on a type of scale I should look into buying? Also, I have tried to add my weight ticker on and I don't have a signature line in my profile, any suggestions on this? I have been a member for over 20 days.

Thanks a Bunch

Suzy

Dumplin 02-23-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcassiopeiaI (Post 2622346)
aww yeah i love having my birthday on the 21st, most places consider it the first day of spring. so all the flowers bloom for me =)

I have heard some people say Spring starts March 20th and some say March 21. I am just so happy when it gets here!

Lori259 02-24-2009 02:47 PM

Hey there again Dumplin And everyone elseOh and thanks for stopping by on my 1/3 lost thread and being so kind Dumplin~anyways just checking in~I am now down to 223 so I am on my way to my spring goal of being 215 from 225. 8 More lbs to go. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

e32 02-25-2009 05:41 AM

hi everyone...so after a crazy weekend (company, symphony performance, bad cold, eating out) i was afraid to even get on the scale on monday (when i was going to weigh in). but today i was at 158. that was a relief...i know that i can do another 2 pounds this week...maybe even more. i've been pushing myself at the gym and i'm going to try a weights class for beginners tomorrow. hope that goes well (i know nothing about weights but know they can be an important part of any weight loss plan). anyway...i'll share any good tips in the next few days :)

good luck everyone--we can do it!

Dumplin 02-25-2009 04:20 PM

Spring Is In The Air!!!!

:wave:Hello everyone!!! This challenge is just what we needed! I have been going to the gym faithfully! I have so much more energy when I eat healthy and exercise!!! I will get on the scales Saturday, I am expecting some weight loss!!! I have been drinking lots of water and eating healthy! I feel so good about things. I love a possitive attitude, being negative has never gotten me anywhere! Good Luck Friends!!! Hang in There!!!

:dancer:"I got sunshine on a cloudy day"

SuzyQ 02-26-2009 10:37 AM

Good Morning All :wave:

Well, I went out and bought a state of the art scale. I go and step on it and I am a pound and half heavier then my other old :dizzy: scale. So, I am going to stick with the new one and test it out.

Have a wonderful day ladies :sunny:

Suzy

Koshinogi 02-26-2009 12:41 PM

hey hey all, just checking in, not been too well so not been totally op, had a migraine and that was not good, hope everyone is well,

Buckeye 02-26-2009 12:51 PM

Hi All! Just checkin' in. Lost another pound after switching over to Calorie Counting. :carrot: Still got a ways to go to meet my personal goal for the challenge. But, hey, as long as I'm movin' down instead of up I'll be happy! The rapid weight loss from the first week on EFS kinda freaked me out that's why I switched to CC. Slow and steady.... Hope everyone has a great weekend :D

Lori259 03-01-2009 03:53 PM

Hey all~
SW 225.8
CW 221.6(I got 5.8 to go to reach challenge goal )
I am working hard I have upped my walking by 1 hour more a day.
(I was at 1 hour and 30 minutes a day now I am at 2 hours 30 minutes a day Of walking indoors...Plus Normal chores~I am a stay home housewife)

daydreamer 03-02-2009 02:27 PM

Hi everyone! I finally got back to the gym today, and boy did it feel good. I haven't lost anything since this challenge started, but now that all the kids are healthy, and I'm healthy, I hope I can reach my goal of losing 10 pounds. Fingers crossed!