Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Love You! Valentines Day Challenge~WEEK 5

Alright everyone time to start week 5 can you believe it? I can't. Lets all make this week an AWSOME one!!

I will be back to post more later!

Im just going to edit this post ladies. TOM has my weight up a bit, but no worries it will come back off with perseverance. I had a tough day eating wise yesterday. I think it is because I decided not to workout and take the kids swimming instead. But TOM started and I don't know I just ate more than I have been.

Workout today was good. I spent 20 minutes on the bike, then headed into the Cardio Sculpt class. I was going to go back in and hit the treadmill after class, but there was none availabile so I left. The class is great it leaves me sore and sweaty, but man I still feel like I need to run, even if it is just a mile.

W 100 oz
E 60 minute cardio sculpt class done 20 minutes bike done, Ab lounge to come
E 1200 planned calories
D Keep my hands busy, clean house, maybe shampoo my carpets.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-26-2009 at 10:49 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

oH...I don't "appear" to be doing very well. I was up to 157.8 this morning. But if i had really lost 2 pounds of fat..then i know i didn't put on 2 pounds in just a weekend. I didn't really over eat i don't think, but i didn't drink much water at all...so i'm thinking it's just from the salt/sodium tht i'm up.

WEED:
W- 64 ounces
E- 1200-1300
E- 30 minutes on elliptical/ weight training today (already did 13 min. on elliptical this morning)
D- Just stay focused and do what you know works.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #3  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Well, I'm happy to report that I lost another pound, making it a 2.5 pound weight loss for the week!

I'm back on track today. I got a few groceries and that kick in the butt I gave myself last night helped too. No excuses!

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz. [2 bottles DONE!]
E - 40 minutes weights [DONE!!]
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein [OP so far!]
D - You'll feel better all around if you do!!

We have an added stress in our family. My DSD is feeling suicidal and so she has been living with us for the past week and we will have her stay until she feels like she is on more solid ground. The anitdepressants can take awhile to kick in and she has to find a counsellor as well. I found myself eating ice cream last night. I know it is my way of shoving down my feelings about this situation. Both DH and myself have been around this mountain before. Him with his former wife and me with my BF and my Mom. It is not easy to say the least. One day at a time!!

Last edited by Clykk; 01-26-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Jen- Thanks for getting us started. Great attitude about TOM and exercising despite TOM!

Lumi- the scales are a mystery. I thought I ate half well last week and jogged a couple of times and had a small loss. Then, of course, I over ate all weekend.

Clykk- WTG on the weight loss. I'm with you on the emotional eating. Hope things start to settle for your DSD.

I had an okay day. Al little bit over board at dinner but nothing major. I really need to work on the water. I find it so easy to avoid these days. Also gotta get back on the tread. No clue what I did to deserve this neck thing other than falling asleep on the couch.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #5  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Oops posted this on the old thread!

Quote:
Gah I have been awful! Well, partly I guess. I managed to be up 1.? last week, but am back down to 186 this week so at least that is good. I haven't tracked my food (WW's) in a week or worked out nearly as much as I should have. I don't think I'll make my January fitness challenge goals, my blood pressure has been high and I had a migraine yesterday.

OK enough pity party!

I will do better this week. My goal is to just get back into tracking my food. One step at a time.
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Just found the new thread. Glad I didn't post on the old one.

I had a dull and boring weekend. All I did was shovel a little driveway, grocery shop, and vaccuum. The rest of the weekend I sat on the couch watching tv. Nothing much happened on the scale. Today I was back to work and feeling more normal. I did BL Bootcamp for 55 min. tonight. YIKES!!! It was tough.

Hope everyone sticks to their guns this week and meets their goals.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Stick to my guns?????? I should be shot! Went to DR today for follow up on rump ouchie.... I weighed in at 207 fully clothes, tennis shoes and all... but I was pissed! So I went to taco bell for lunch after, had fried fish tacos for dinner, and ate a bowl of Ice cream. That'll show that dang scale! Ugh. These meds are making me ravenous and constipated. Really bad combo. I think this is going to be 1 more week of super duper light, if any, workouts. My rump is still really tender and since I am back to work... 9 hour days... I am really in no comfort at all when I get home... hence the treadmill is torcherous.

Hope you are all doing well. I am going to go try to sleep of some cookies and cream with carmel sauce. DAng IT!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Sorry I forgot to post the link in the old thread. Its been a while since i did that

Lumi, get in that water, sweat a bit and the water weight will come off in no time.

Clykk congrats on the loss!

Grazer ug, I hate the nasty neck pains. I will pull something every couple of years and not be able to move my neck for a month. EW. Get that water in!

Mindy, Sometimes boring weekends are good. They offer a Bootcamp class at the Y. I keep thinking I want to try it out, but it isn't at a very good time for me. I may work it in just to try it though.

Nixie be patient with yourself. I never compare the scale at the docs office to mine. just because your clothes, anything you ate that day . . etc. . . if you can manage slow light workouts go ahead, but dont hurt yourself any more. let your booty heal.

Up for work. It has to be better than last week, right? The one good thing about working days is that I am away from temptation, I can only eat what I have in my lunch box. Yesterday was actually good for me. I stayed busy, VERY BUSY and didnt eat anything that I didn't plan and my house looks spectacular.

I got myself up early today and did 20 minutes of abs and legs. I am using my dumbells again so I am adding a little bit of weights. I am going to try to follow this workout at least 3 of my working days. It will be tough and I am only going to try!

W 80 oz
E 20 min abs/legs extra laps around the plant.
E 1200 PLANNED calories
D got in my work out. Ab lounge when I get home. ONE more day!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Thumbs up

Good morning all!!

Jeni, I liked your post about only eating what you have in your lunchbox. I need to get back to that, I have been "supporting" the fund raising efforts in the office by buying candy that is for sale. Supporting that sabotages my efforts. I can donate without taking the candy. Need to remember that. Note to self "no Reese's"

Clykk, Good luck with your bonus daughter, depression is horrible.

I had a rough weekend & ate my way thru it . Packed OS back off to college. He had gone away once, not a good experience at that college, so came home and went to the Community College. It was a great decision for him, but now, in order to move forward, he needs more classes that the local college doesn't offer. So...pray that this will be good. I believe it will.

Anywho..here we go again. I need to create an reward system for myself to stay OP. I think I will pick up some stickers and put one on the calendar everyday for food and one for exercise, so I can see a visual of when I stick with it. I may get ones for days I screw up too, maybe having to see it in color will keep me on plan!

W 100 oz, meeting all afternoon so need to get most of it in this morning.
E Off to crunch, then going to do a round on the elliptical before I get in the shower. Restarted yesterday, taking the stairs to the office, I work on the 8th floor with 2 flights per floor , so up 16 flights every morning. I need to stick with that and make it a habit.
E OP-stealing from Jeni, only eat whats in my lunchbox and need to put a nighttime "lunchbox" together too. The snacking at night is killing me.
D I can do this, day one OP.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #10  

Height: 4'11"

Hi all, Hope your week is off to a good start. I switched from fit day to the daily plate yesterday, and wow, it's so much better. They have a lot more foods in their data base, you can keep track of your water, and they have a bunch of cool features.

My eating and water has been spot on, despite having a rough emotional day on Sunday. I still haven't started exercising again though. Everyday I plan, but last night I set the alarm extra early, and visualized exactly how I would get my shoes on, etc. Then I figured out I don't want to be in the cold creepy basement at 5:30 in the morning. So I'm going to try doing the 30 day shred this morning, and walk later in the day when there's some sunlight down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
The class is great it leaves me sore and sweaty, but man I still feel like I need to run, even if it is just a mile.
Those are such inspiring words. I can imagine feeling the need to exercise, and someday I will have it! Hope your TOM is better today. It really does effect the drive to eat, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clykk View Post
Well, I'm happy to report that I lost another pound, making it a 2.5 pound weight loss for the week!
Woohoo! I'm so sorry to hear about your DSD. That's really sad I hope she can get the help she needs and that her meds start to kick in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Stick to my guns?????? I should be shot! Went to DR today for follow up on rump ouchie.... I weighed in at 207 fully clothes, tennis shoes and all... but I was pissed! So I went to taco bell for lunch after, had fried fish tacos for dinner, and ate a bowl of Ice cream. That'll show that dang scale!
Aw, don't pay any attention to that DR scale. It doesn't count! I hope you feel better soon.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!! HOpe everyone is doing good on this tuesday morning. Kinda of dreary here in my town. But oh well..i'm at work, so who cares anyways. lol.

Nixmom....I have to agree with everyone else. A) I hope your bum feels better real soon and you should take it easy so as to not hurt it any further...B) don't worry about the doctors scales...they are always wrong (in my opinion) C) stop eating bad stuff feeling sorry for your self. You'll only feel worse when your hiney feels better... (a little tough love there for ya) :-)

Jeni... way to go on adding in the weights...i too am starting this week with some weight training. By golly, if muscle burns more fat while i'm sitting at my desk, then i'm going to build some muscle and burn some fat!!! lol. And i too like the "eat only whats in my lunchbox". I make my breakfast and lunch every night and my snacks. And i only eat what i take to work.

Mmavis..i feel your pain.. I too seem to be stuck in the 150's..only mine is the HIGH 150's!!!! Yikes!!! I can't seem to move from between 155.8 and 157.8. What's the deal?????!!!!

Thinpossible...congrats on staying op eating!! That's great. Keep up the great job.

Mtiger....55 minutes of bootcamP???? Wow!!! Way to go. Maybe i should get me a dvd to work out to at home until i can afford my gym again. hmmm.....

Okay...so last night i tried to replicate the class i sooo loved at my local gym. I managed about 15 minutes before i had to stop. It was just sooo dang hot in my room. The heat was kicking and i had no fan to cool off with. So, i turned the heat down and jumped on the elliptical for 11 minutes. Then i went and did some upper body weights. Not sure if i did enough weights or not. Not feeling overly sore this morning...i'm very disappointed. I guess i should have done 3 sets of 10's instead of 2 sets of 10's. My weight was down another .4 today. So that's good but i soooo want to get back down to the 155.8 i was just at less than 2 weeks ago. I really don't know why i am back up.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Evening ladies. Work-done. Grading- done. Dinner- done. Workout- done. I did 30 min. BL yoga and a 15 min. run. I walked a couple of laps. It isn't the best, since I just run around our school, inside of course. But it felt good

Jeni- I understand the "need" to run. I use weights all the time. Most of the DVD's we do use weights. I actually have arm muscles.

Nix- Light ice cream??? Schwann's has yummy light ice cream. I can enjoy without a guilty conscience. (sp?)

MM- Climb those stairs girl. Several times a day.

Thin- Have fun with Jillian. HAHA!!

Lumi- Yep 55 min. of bootcamp was tough, but it sure felt good when I was done. You keep working and you will reach your goals.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Made it through the day. I'll post more tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm alive, trying to catch up on rest and beat a sinus headache i've had off and on for a week. It's draining. I feel like heck right now but I think all the stress and pressure of getting things done really took a toll on my body. Plus there's another cold running around in the office. I'm hoping not to catch it.

DH is still here. Plane has been broken. They never even took off sunday. He thinks they'll go tomorrow. we'll see.

anywho wanted to say hi and that i'm tryin to get caught up....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #15  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

Sorry I've been MIA.

The last two days have been wearing down on my emotions, and it's seeping into my physical being. Right now, I'm fighting a mad headache and the last two days, I've been so wore out. Yesterday, it hit me right between the eyes that Leonidas might not get better. Then today, I took him over to Susie's because a freezing cold front came in and her apartment is way warmer than my own. We were talking on the porch when the vivid reality that I might have to put him down presented itself. I just broke down and cried. I don't want to put down Leonidas, I love him so much. He's happy, I see it in his face everyday, but what kind of life can he live not being able to walk? It doesn't help that my supposed BFF isn't around to talk to. I'm so sick and tired of having my feelings walked over, no apologies, I decided it will be up to her to repair this relationship. Of course, with emotional turmoil, I had to try to fill the void with food. Are you ready for this? In one hour I consumed: a Jalisco burrito, a pint of ice cream, a king size Snickers, a jalapeno cheese hot dog, and a pepsi. Epic fail. I'm sorry I'm so depressing, I'm only able to put on a fake happy face in person.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote