Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #76  
could be so pretty

S/C/G: 325/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Man, I keep forgetting how fast these threads move! O my goodness. Well, all i can say is, i'm not even going to try to do personals right now, but good going -everyone-.

For our mini-challenge #2... My choice is spaghetti and meatballs. Unfortunately I made this yesterday and me and hubby ate the rest of it today & we never snapped any pics.

Turkey meatballs:
2 lb ground turkey
1/3 loaf organic whole wheat bread, or at least a very decent multi-grain non-organic, dried, diced small, soak in either 1% or skim milk
1/2 t oregano
1 t dried basil
1/4 t marjoram
1/2 t sage
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/2 t kosher salt, more to taste
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350F. mix everything together with your hands. Spray a 9x13 pan with some cooking oil and roll meatballs about 1.5oz. Spray the meatballs with a little olive oil in a clean spraybottle & cook for 30-40 minutes. Cool, freeze half.

While the meatballs are cooking:

add to a saucepan on medium high heat:

1/2 T olive oil
2 bell peppers, diced, any color (i like red and green)
1 small white onion, diced
1/2 carrot, sliced thin
a small pinch of kosher salt

cook 'til onions are semi-transparent, and the carrot starts to brown. add

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tomato, no seeds, diced
1 summer squash/zucchini, diced
any measurement of the following spices:
oregano
thyme
tarragon
basil
bay leaf
sage
marjoram

cook for about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to high. add

1 can crushed or petit diced tomatoes
1 T tomato puree
1 T brown rice syrup
1 C low sodium chicken broth
1/2 C Good red wine (chill the rest of the bottle for dinner.)

When sauce starts to boil, reduce heat to medium low or low. Reduce sauce by about 1/4-1/3. If it's too chunky for you, ladle half-2/3 of it into a blender and give it a whirr, or use one of those neat immersion blenders (i don't have one). Return to saucepan. When meatballs are cooked, add to sauce and cook at least 20 minutes more.

Serve over your favorite whole wheat pasta (I like Whole Food's Whole wheat linguine), with just grated parmesan. Enjoy!

Last edited by Kalilung; 01-10-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Thanks everyone for their advice and I am going to workout in the morning and then do 30DS at night! You girls are awesome and I will catch back up with you all next Thursday! I have a meet tomorrow and then I leave for Vegas at the crack of dawn on Sunday!!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Ok my Tikka Masala -

Heat a tiny bit of oil in a pan 40 kcal per teaspoon
Add
3 cloves of garlic - chopped 5 kcal each clove
1/2 teaspoon cardamon seeds - crushed 6 kcal per teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powdered 8 kcal per teaspoon
1 teaspoon cumin 7 kcal per teaspoon
1 teaspoon ginger chopped 1 kcal per teaspoon
1-2 teaspoons of chilli powder 7 kcal per teaspoon
heat for 1 min

Add
1 tablespoon tomato puree 20 kcal per tablespoon
1 grated onion 35 kcal in 1 onion
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes 162kcal each breast
cook 3 mins

Add 142ml water, bring to boil then simmer

cook for 5 mins

Add
100g Low fat fromage frais/low fat nat yoghurt 72 kcal per 125g
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 11 per lemon
1 tablesoon ground corriander 5 kcal per tablespoon

Heat until hot, do not boil will curdle approx 280 kcal per serving

oh yeh serve with boiled rice.

I've used this for a while I cant remember where I got it, may be slimming world may have been from a low fat curry recipe book I have but it's delicious, I also have a prawn Bhuna and low fat vada recipe, as I like to cook indian food for my friends who are both diabetic and have some intolerances to wheat I think.

Last edited by Koshinogi; 01-10-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #79  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

YUM! I love tiki masala! Im going to try this one out sooooooonnn!!! Indian food is the best
Old 01-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Vanessa- Yay! Im so proud of you!

Faux- So, Ive been wondering where I got my little quote in my signature and Im gonna guess it was from you being you have something similar under you name, so thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #81  

Ok, its time for someone to yell at me now...I stepped on the scale. I usually dont have a problem with it but it was sitting there and I really wanted to know if I was on track. I WAS happy with what I seen. I promise, no more scale.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
YUM! I love tiki masala! Im going to try this one out sooooooonnn!!! Indian food is the best
Definately but when you go to a restaurant is always comes with a side order of oil which makes you feel bad when you finish seeing it sat on the plate....

damn I want an indian right now,

If you want the other recipes too I'll give you them, I doubt my naan bread is too healthy though hehe

Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #83  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

let me see here.... well the last 2 days i have not had any water at all not good but i was not sitting right with me so i did not force myself to drink it. now all i really want to start doing is to get up at 4:30 and exercise 30 min before i get ready for work and i do know that i said that i was going to do that at the end of this last week but it hasn't happened yet. it will happen i just have to keep at it and working at it my alarm is still set for that time. as far as revamped recipe i need to think on that one for awhile.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Dizzysoi~I noticed the same thing yesterday. My size 16w slide down my hips without much trouble!! I am so happy. It is so remarkable, they were kinda tight when I bought them. I am going to try a pair of regular 16's to see if they fit, if they do this girl is on her way to a new warderobe. My sexy black dress is a 14w. I just need a place to wear it!!!

MM~My make up came in last night. Now I have the whole ensemble together. I just need a place to wear it. I am so glad I bought the dress.

To the one with the loose size 11 jeans. Wtg!!! I am proud of you!! I am almost jealous.I threw away all my size 6-8-10. I figured I would never wear them again. I think I should have waited!!!

I have had spaghetti squash once. I think it wasn't cooked in the correct manor. It didn't taste good to me at all. Any one have a really good recipe for spaghetti squash?? I can grow some in my garden this summer if I learn to like it!!

I need to run a few errands this morning. We are under weather advisory until 7pm. The sky looks bad. I had best get going and get it done before the sleet starts. It is raining now, then sleet then up to 2 inches of snow. YUCK> I don't have a cell phone, so I better get it done. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink Hey everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
I JUST HAD TO JUMP BACK ON HERE & TELL YOU ALL THE NEWS --

THE JEANS THAT I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO WEAR, LET ALONE BUTTON, I CAN BUTTON NOW!!!
I'm so HAPPY for you! See.....and you didn't need the scale for that!!!

Keep it up and those pants you can button now (but are just a little tight) will be falling off in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzysoi View Post
I went shopping for jeans. After much crying and self loathing I bought a size 11 and said, "screw it, I'll make them fit!"

Hahaha, not even two weeks old and guess what?! I don't even have to unbutton them or unzip them to pull them off. I mean all I do all day is pull these pants up.
WOW! I'm very jealous! I can't wait to wear a size 11......

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Ok, its time for someone to yell at me now...I stepped on the scale. I usually dont have a problem with it but it was sitting there and I really wanted to know if I was on track. I WAS happy with what I seen. I promise, no more scale.
You bad little girl! Well....I'm glad you liked what you seen but no more cheating....I want you to keep up the good work on food and exercise and have a BIG surprise on Valentine's Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
let me see here.... well the last 2 days i have not had any water at all not good but i was not sitting right with me so i did not force myself to drink it. now all i really want to start doing is to get up at 4:30 and exercise 30 min before i get ready for work and i do know that i said that i was going to do that at the end of this last week but it hasn't happened yet. it will happen i just have to keep at it and working at it my alarm is still set for that time. as far as revamped recipe i need to think on that one for awhile.
I know what you mean about the water. My goal right now is just one 20oz bottle a day....and gradually increase to 80 oz a day by the end of the year.....I have gotten 40oz on most days! Don't push it if it doesn't feel right....just adjust your goals. If you continue to have a problem getting up in the morning to exercise....you may just need to put it somewhere else in your day. I'm the WORLD's WORST at saying I'm gonna do something and then never do it...LOL! But not this year.....if something doesn't work for me I promise to change it and make it work for me....I'm not gonna do the same thing and expect different results this year......
with the mornin' workouts!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Soooo just checking in and getting caught up.

My plan for the day is to go finish cleaning my kitchen then take a shower and clean my bathroom. I'm gonna do 30DS today AND W2D1 of push ups and sit ups. Later I'm gonna shampoo my living room carpets while my living room is clean and try to get caught up on some laundry....

Ohhhh...and I'm gonna watch the Titans play their first game in the play offs and hopefully WIN!!!!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a GREAT start! I have alot to do this weekend .....just wanna get as much done as I can before school starts back Monday!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #87  

I am back, thank goodness. It is slicker than greased glass out there. The car was covered with a thick layer of ice. Scrapped and scrapped to get it cleared off enough to see. I did the most important of the errands and came home. Parked the car in the garage. I am not leaving unless my DS wants to drive. I am ready to start the day. I will catch ya all later. Pat
Old 01-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #88  

Mel~Did you say The Titans play football today????? rofl. I will be glued to the tv with a Bottle of water doing my stepping. YEAHAW Thanks for reminding me~~ Pat
Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #89  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi everyone! Just finished my exercise for the day, hour on the bike and wk2d1 of pushups. I think I'm running a little behind on the pushups, but my arms are needing 2 days rest between each set (else my shoulder pops and pops). I know it's a go at your own pace, but it's totally frustrating.

Not looking at the scale is actually kind of scary. I've been trying to bargain with myself and I keep delaying peeking. Don't know how much longer I will hold off. My attitude towards my self discipline keeps changing the more I stick with the exercise. I feel more in control of my life and stronger.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #90  

Hello girls!

Melissa- I know , I was bad. I dooo want a big suprise on VDay, I just wanted to know I was doing right. No more though.

Dixie- We got alot of snow today, not sure if theres any ice underneath, havent been anywhere yet.

Well, I went back to sleep this morning and didnt wake up til 11:45. Oh well, I had a very low cal lunch.
Tortilla shell with roast beef and chive cream cheese wrapped in it and a side of cucumber salad ( the stuff with vinegar and onions) , and a cup of sugar free jello and whip cream. Only came out to around 275 calories. If that. Today is a rest day. I have my nephew until I go to work, so im not planning on working out today. Tommorow I have work in the morning , then a funeral , then back to work so I probably wont get any on sunday either. Thats ok, thats still exercise 5 days a week.
Closed Thread