Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Urthworm - I know how parents can be very nerve racking! All I can say is stick with school....when you graduate and get a good career going....it will pay off! Learn from your mom's mistakes and when you decide to have kids don't make the same ones......and LOVE your siblings as much as you can and never take out any frustrations on them (not saying you do or anything) But they are living in the same house in the same tension you are!

I'm glad you came here for some support! Do you have any low income housing where you live? How about at the college you attend? I hope you get everything worked out okay!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #62  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Melissa... so soryr to hear you feel bad about the picture and how you look and stuff. From my experience.. the more on plan I am.. the better i feel about my apearance. Like.. for exampkle.. yesterday I was having a crappy day and i felt ' fat'. Today was a better day and i was ina better mood.. and i felt all atrong and thinner.. lol its crazy what the mind can do.
You can do this melissa! YOU CAN! i know it! I dont knwo what i would do without your support.. just know im here for you in anyway I can be

I had a NSV today! I ran for an HOUR! I cant beleive it! I made it just under 4 miles... wish i would have made it further.. but im glad that I didn't give up and just kept going till I got back to my doorstep! lol
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

UrthWurm, my instinct is to give you all kinds of advice (I'm sort of like a man in that respect, haha) but I'll save my rambling and just give you a virtual hug and think hopeful thoughts for you. That sounds sooo difficult. My husband can't find a job and we're starting to get into a bit of debt, and that's enough to drive me crazy with worry sometimes, so I can hardly imagine how you're feeling right now. I really really admire you for taking care of your health, and your relationship with your girlfriend, during this rough time. You are so strong!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Hi everyone. I'm still exercising, this is the first time in my life I've ever committed and stuck to it ( a whole week on an exercise plan?!). It has been giving me strange food cravings [I walk around like the hulk "neeeeed protein, tessa huuuungry"], and so (like the challenge #2) I had already been thinking of alternates to some of my absolute favorite foods.
I am so happy for you. I love exercising.

QUESTION for you all: do you eat lunch meats, deli meats, cold cuts, whatever ya wanna call them? I always thought it was healthy and eat a lot of smoked turkey breast adn chicken breast..but I was watching a show called XWeighted (really good show) and the trainer on there said you have to throw cold cuts out and said no human should be eating that stuff he said it is high in fat, but not what I eat! The stuff I buy has very low fat and calories, so what is he talking about?[/QUOTE]

I eat Publix Top Round Roast Beef all the time. I prefer it to the fast food hamburgers I used to indulge in. It's pretty expensive and I have a bit of concern about the additives some but there no way I am going to make my own roast beef each week. Plus I can't cut in so thin! I think it is recommended by the American Heart Association.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Well im having a so so day. I ate a good lunch and I went to walmart and probably walked around there for a hour and a half or so. When I was leaving, I got the phone call that said my grandma was being transfered to another hospital because she isnt getting any better. I really thought she was, so this upset me (we are very close). I managed to stay away from the fast foods even though I was starving. I cooked porkchops and acorn squash for dinner. I found that I LOVE acorn squash. Im not really sure how good it is for you. Well now that Ive been moping around, I gotta get myself motivated to exercise instead of eating something sweet that ill regret.
I am sorry about your grandmother. Good for you for making good food choices under duress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrthWurm View Post
I'm sorry I haven't been checking in, but I'm having a bit of family issues at the moment. Just to give you a better grasp on the situation, I'm 18 attending school part-time & working part-time at my lousy low hour j
It sounds like you are really trying to make things work. I have two adult children living at home with me. I love them to pieces but it is not easy to share a house with adults. I hope things get better for you.

Melissa-I loved the picture of you and your husband. You are an adorable couple. That explains the darling daughter!

BTW, I thought of a great food substitute when I was reading Heather's post about squash. Spaghetti squash is a great substitute for spaghetti. Unfortunately it costs a lot more then spaghetti but it is a lot tastier and has a similar consistency to thin spaghetti pasta.

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #65  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

I'm so happy that I found a recipe to share. I haven't tried it yet but I want to do it soon!

ALE-SAUCED PORK RIBS AND VEGETABLES

Prep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hour on low; 4 hour on high

2 1/2 to 3 lb. bone-in pork country-style ribs
1 12 oz. bottle dark ale or stout or nonalcoholic beer
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
1 Tbsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
8 small gold or red potatoes (8 oz. total)
12 oz. peeled fresh baby carrots
1/4 cup cold water
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Radishes (optional)
Fresh rosemary springs (optional)
Shredded lemon peel (optional)

1. Place pork in a large self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add ale, garlic, lemon peel, dried rosemary, salt & pepper. Seal bag. Turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.

2. Place potatoes & carrots in bottom of 5-to 6- quart slow cooker. Transfer pork ribs to bed of carrots and potatoes. Pour ale mixture over all. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting 4 to 4 1/2 hours.

3. Remove pork & vegetables from cooker. Cover; keep warm. Pour cooking juices through fine mesh sieve set over a heat-proof bowl to strain. Measure 2 cups of cooking juices, adding water to make 2 cups, if necessary. Stir together water and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add 2 cups strained juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve sauce with meat, vegetables, and radishes. Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon peel.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.
497 calories per serving.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Terapet- Thanks! I dont think I have ever had spaghetti squash. Squash is expensive. I bought that one acron squash today and it was almost $4 but it was worth it, it was sooo good.

Vanessa-Mmm that sounds good. Tell me how it turns out. I may give it a go.

So, I managed to do some of the WATP dvd that a bought today. I didnt change into my workout clothes , I did it in my jeans and sweatshirt. Jeans probably wasnt the smartest thing to wear but the sweatshirt made me sweat more so thats probably a good thing. I tell ya what. Those sugarfree jello cups have less calories than I thought. I really like those with the fat free whip cream, makes me feel like im eating something bad, hehe or even on the sugar free puddings. Yay, I found a low cal dessert I really like.

Last edited by heather1979; 01-09-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #67  
Isla's mommy

Tera - I've heard of that spaghetti squash but I've been scared to try it, I am not a veggies person. Does it really have a good taste? Or does it have that underlying dirt taste that I swear all veggies have?

Faux - Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.

Heather - sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Hope things get better soon.

Urth - You're right to come here, even if it is to rant. There's tons of people here to listen & sometimes offer some suggestions that perhaps you haven't thought of. Or if you have thought of them then at least it's confirmed that you were thinking along the right lines. Sometimes it hard to see the solution when you're so close to the problem. Melissa's right though - continue & finish with your education. That is the best thing you could do for your future. Sometimes having no reaction to people gets the best results. If you & your girlfriend just let things roll off your backs then your Mom & StepDad will see that their comments or threats don't phase you. It's the whole bully syndrome - people only bully other people to make themselves feel better. When they see they've hurt someone emotionally or physically they feel stronger. If they aren't seeing any reactions to their bullying then they'll eventually give up because it's not giving them the satisfaction they are looking for. Not saying your parents are bullies but that's kind of what the description made them sound like. We're here for you ALL YEAR!

Mother - you'll get back on track. I have faith in you!

Okay people... now I need to have faith in myself! I need to get myself to work out. I'll be back... and that's a threat, not a promise!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #68  

Im pretty sure I already shared my grits recipe but incase I didnt ill share it again, actually I tweaked it slightly.
1 pack butter flavored instant grits (100 cal)
1 pack artificial sweetner
1 tablespoon of sugarfree syrup

Makes a nice snack or part of a breakfast. Im not real sure of the calories but I know its under 150. Taste similar to cream of wheat to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #69  

Vanessa- Thanks! I appreciate it.

Urthwork- Vent all you would like, thats what we are here for...support, not just for weightloss. I know the feeling with parent issues. Ugh..me and my dad fight like cats and dogs. He seems kinda similar to your mom, lol. Well I hope things get better for you. Keep your head up!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #70  
Goodbye Fat!

Hi everyone, to tired to do personals. This has been one of the busiest weeks of work yet and next week is going to busier, if I have to look at one more spreadsheet today I am going to scream! The good news is I went to workout and feel great! I even swept and mopped the floor and did a load of laundry. Now it is time to sleep
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #71  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Just popping by to say hi. Lots of stress going on with relatives, chickies. Hope things get better for you.

I'm feeling healthier and am hoping to have time to catch up on some things this weekend.

I'll have to ponder the recipe thing. I've fallen away from a lot of cooking, so I'm not sure what to do.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #72  
Isla's mommy

So I FINALLY got myself to work out. I got my hour in today. I did a 3 mile WATP & then week 2/ day 3 of the push up challenge & week 2/ day 2 of the sit up challenge. My arms were jello by the time I finished.

Alrighty ladies - the weekend is here! Everyone enjoy your day tomorrow. I'll see you later!

Last edited by StNessa79; 01-10-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: DUH!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi all~a quick fly by here. I had an op day, got in my 64 oz water, eats on program, exercise 35 min yoga, spent time with my sisters and niece. We are forecasted to get some really nasty weather tonight on til 7pm Saturday night. We have a weather advisory in effect until then up to 2 inches of snow. We shall see. My jeans are way toooooo big!!! Happy about that! Catch ya all later. Sounds like everyone is doing great, keep up the great work. Pat
Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #74  
Isla's mommy

I JUST HAD TO JUMP BACK ON HERE & TELL YOU ALL THE NEWS --

THE JEANS THAT I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO WEAR, LET ALONE BUTTON, I CAN BUTTON NOW!!!

I noticed today that my size 18 capris were really baggy & that when I would button them there was tons of room. So when I was changing into my pajamas I thought I'd check my progress. So I went to my closet & pulled out those way too small jeans , pulled them up, and couldn't believe that I buttoned them... THEY WERE TOTALLY ALL THE WAY ON!! Of course they were tight but I KNOW that by 2/14 they will fit perfectly

Good night everyone!!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #75  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Since this is jean talk, I'll jump back in the conversation loop here.

I went shopping for jeans. After much crying and self loathing I bought a size 11 and said, "screw it, I'll make them fit!"

Hahaha, not even two weeks old and guess what?! I don't even have to unbutton them or unzip them to pull them off. I mean all I do all day is pull these pants up.

^___^
Closed Thread