Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #121  

Hey! This sounds fun! Count me in, but need to buy decent scales. Kids have destroyed the 2 we had. So off to the Jan sales to get some.

Shall include my weight, height etc, when I'm back.

See you later guys.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ive been trying sooo hard to not hop on the scale every time i pee.. haha
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I gotta make a box, neat idea, but I can't get to that til at least Sunday night. We are leaving in a few minutes for the weekend, YS has a tourney and we will be gone the rest of the weekend. At least that makes it easy not to weigh!!

Have a great weekend all.

Eny, had to laugh at the beef cravings, I swear, when I was pregnant with my first, craved liver and spinach (at least three night a week we ate it)
With YS, craved Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch ! Threw a pint of cookies & cream that DH bought away, because it was the wrong flavor
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Wink Day 1 down - 364 to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
Well, if someone does mess themselves up on this challenge I think they accountability should go to them & not that they didn't have a scale.
You really hit the nail on the head here StNessa. I think the word ACCOUNTABILITY should be one we hear alot during this challenge. We all know we can't sit on the couch and eat Big Macs all day and lose weight (although I sure wish we could cause I would be a super model...LOL). We have all by NOW (And if you haven't it is only day 2 so get to it before you are too far behind....) made up our plans for the year on food, exercise, etc. We can't just wing it if we are going to be successful. Follow your plan....if you fail at something just work on revising your plan....this first 6 weeks is all about focusing on the habits we are going to carry through out the year......nixing the bad ones and creating good ones....and sharing with each other so we can help each other through problems. There is NO scale in the world that is going to force you to stick to your plan or revise it if it isn't working........the scale will just confirm if you are sticking to it or not.....and you really don't need the scale for that! Good luck everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth135 View Post
Hi Ladies!
ENY: go ahead and have the beef! There are nutrients in it that your body is probably letting you know that you need.
You know I think she is right. Out of the 20 amino acids that we NEED to form various protiens we can only make like 12 or so I think....the rest must be consumed either from eating meat or other forms of protein.....your body maybe trying to tell you something! Of course, I would take it in moderation and consult your doctor! Eny.....your gonna get tired of hearing all the advice....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerette View Post
For the last 6 months I've only weighed in once per month per my sponsor so this will be easy. I have started using my pants to gauge if I lost or gained weight. I think I will try to work harder to loose so the number on the scale will be a nice suprise.
WOW! Kudos to you! I have been a slave to the scale from day one of my diet journey and it has done more harm than good.....so I'm really hoping this 6 week challenge does help me as well as others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrthWurm View Post
I ended up having to do knee push ups as well, because I really have NO upper body strength. ......

I want to accomplish both, but if maintaining two proves too difficult, I'm sorry to say I'd cut the push-ups before my crunches. I really need those right now, with all this flab I have hanging around.

As far as the no scale for 6 weeks, I personally can't commit to something like that right now. I just started changing my lifestyle a week or two ago, and this is all very new territory for me! I've never given an honest effort to losing weight before, let alone made all the changes I have thus far.

While we're talking about the whole "loving yourself" thing, I did something that sounds pretty ridiculous when said aloud.. Today I looked in the mirror for about 2 minutes, and told my reflection how much I loved her-- er, me! It was the first time in a very long time I could honestly say I loved myself, and all the positive things I was doing for myself,.
First of all knee push ups are fine....by the end of the six weeks you will be soooo much stronger and just think you will be able to look in the mirror and tell yourself how sexy and strong your arms are! And that is GREAT that you stood in front of the mirror and did that! What a cool idea! And....absolutely stick with whatever strength training you feel comfortable with/prefer if you can't do both the sit ups and the push ups.....we understand! What matters is that you are doing something and sticking with it to get stronger! I think several people including myself are going to try to do both. Before I end this post I want to say how proud I am of you and everyone else for getting this far in your journey....even if all you have done is made a plan and committed....well that is something! I really wish you would embrace the no scale thing so you could focus on creating some great habits this first 6 weeks of the year to carry over to the rest of the year...but if you can't I understand........I just want to tell you when I very first got started I weighed everyday....sometimes multiple times a day....if the scale didn't say what I wanted it to I got discouraged and didn't want to work out and eat right......but if I lost more than I expected to lose then I started to always expect to lose that much and when I didn't got discouraged again....it was a cycle that lead me to eventually give up and gain the 25 pounds I had lost back......so that is why Eny and I decided that the first thing we need to do this year is develop good habits to carry throughout the year and LOVE ourselves! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
sort of sad to see that someone is going to be watching us in hopes that someone will fail so that she can say 'I told you so'. I thought this was all about support

So my motivators/methods of evaluation:
1) The pair of jeans that fit at the beginning of December, which I now stuggle to get over my thighs. I want to fit in those with ease by the end of 6 weeks.
2) I want to be able to increase the ramp and resistance on my elliptical back to what I was doing in August when I stopped exercising (see #1).
3) Plan and stick to a weekly menu made up of recipes from some of my WW books and my new TBL Family Cookbook.
4) Exercise a minimum of 5 days a week and start including strength exercises three days a week (yay pushup challenge!)
5) Record daily my exercise and foods eaten in a journal--either online or paper.
6) Avoid the 7Cs~~cake, cookies, cola, chips, ice cream, cereal, candy.
7) Drink water! At least 64 oz a day.

If I stick with those goals I know I will lose weight. .

No chips. No cake. No candy. Already working on the goals! I feel good. I can do this! Thanks for the challenge ladies, I needed it more than I realized.
Don't worry about the I told you so....because although some will struggle I'm betting MOST do not and that we succeed! It will be okay because this place is ALL ABOUT support! Please don't be discouraged! Thank you so much for posting the ways to measure progress without weighing....that will help soooo many who are struggling with the scale being absent......and yes you will lose weight and inches if you stick to that plan.......Good job on the party.....that is truely an accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post

I am glad the first installment of the G2009 is without a scale. I know I put too much emphasis on what the number says instead of how my body feels and how much more I can do now than before. I like how I will be more in tune to how much stronger I will feel. Thanks to you girls who thought this up.
Eny and I discussed it and we thought the best place for it was right here at the beginning of the year....I can't preach enough about kicking the bad habits and making good habits stick and LOVE LOVE LOVING yourself!!! To make the whole year successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Do you have a link for the 200 sit up challenge?
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ Here you go...keep us posted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Oh! Melissa! You used to have a 'grey's anatomy' avatar, right? ( i hope i wasn;'t dreaming this... hehe) Well i JUST started watching it for the first time about a week ago online from teh beginning.. im in season 2 right now.. and LOVING IT! Why didin't i watch this before? Im always a later bloomer on goodtv.. lol ANyway.. just letting you know!!
LOL! I have been a HUGE Grey's fan since the pilot aired! Although many times I have threatened to stop watching....ha ha ha! It is GREAT! hurry up and get caught up before next Thursday when the new episode airs......LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
People will fail if they want to fail whether they had the scale or not.. if you're eating OP and exercising like you've been doing how can you possibly fail??!

I think each and everyone of us know when they've gained a pound or not without even needing a scale.
All goes back to holding ourselves accountable for our actions doesn't it?!?!? You are exactly right!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 01-02-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #125  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

When I woke up this morning, first thought in my head was, now you can't jump on the scales this morning. That's sad, isn't it? Really makes you think. So it's only once a week and that's Sunday for me, not weighing again on Monday, if Sunday didn't suit me, it's Sunday, so I had better be good. (Because of BL challenge on another forum).

Gotta remember to do some wall push ups today.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #126  

In my last post I forgot to say good morning to everyone and hello!

I'm fixing to go complete day 1 week 1 of the push ups challenge on level 2 and the initial test for the 200 sit ups challenge !

For Christmas I got myself a "Dancing with the Stars" dance workout DVD. I was hoping to do that today for at least 30 minutes OR go walking.....who knows...maybe I will do both!!! LOL!

I hope everyone's New Year is off to a WONDERFUL start! Remember everyday is a new day....a new chance to be the you that you want to be!

I'm so excited! I hope this time next year we are all at our goals and feeling great!

I was thinking about buying myself a little black dress to keep hanging up on my closet door to wear for next New Years as motivation but I have no idea what my weight/measurements would be or could be....so I'm gonna hold off

BUT for extra motivation I go to www.victoriassecret.com and imagine that I can wear their clothes and lingere....LOL
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #127  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

SOo i'm frustrated!!!! I got up bright and early to go to the gym for my first yoga class of the year and to work on my jogging. 20 minutes into yoga I got super dizzy and nauseus. I have some kind of neurocardiogenic syncope.. fancy words for I pass out sometimes.. and of course it happened today. I wont let it get me down.. but its frustrating that i never had this problem until i got healthy.. it's like my blood pressure lowers when i stand up for a few seconds and doing yoga def messes that up. even though its slow organized movements.. just standing up makes me feel like I will fall over. I had to leave 20 minutes in. ( it was either that or spew on my yoga mat) It makes me sad because I LOVE yoga and I dont want to have to give it up. I will have to stick to more floor yoga exercises instead of lots of standing poses.
It's crazy.. I can run for 5k but i cant stand up quickly or i pass out..

ANYWAY... i will not let it get me down and go for a walk today and do some home yoga later.

And melissa.. at the rate im going with greys... i will be caught up pretty soon! 2 seasons in a week isn't bad.. eh? hehe
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #128  

Fauxtini - Do some yoga while you get caught up on Grey's

OMG! Didn't that happen to you back during the summer when you went camping....weren't you hiking or something???? Did you ever go to the dr. to make sure you were okay? Are you making sure you breath properly and that you aren't holding your breath getting too light headed and dizzy?????

You need to see a dr. if you haven't! Take it easy girl! Do some light cardio this afternoon IF you feel up to it!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #129  

Yayyyy!

So, I completed day 1 of week 1 of the 100 push ups challenge today and while I thought I was supposed to be on level 2....I looked back and saw that I did 12 push ups during my initial test putting me at level 3! So I completed day 1 week 1 on level 3 and maxed my last set out at 12 push ups....I thought my arms where going to calapse beneath me....LOL!

I also did the initial test on the 200 sit ups challenge....36 crunches! Which puts me in the "Poor" level for my age range.....

But I will start out on level 3 for the 200 sit ups challenge tomorrow...I think I will alternate days with sit ups and push ups!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Melissa and Urth, thanks for the link. I will check that one out and start today.

Faux, if you have not seen a doctor I definitely think you should really soon. There are a lot of things that could be causing that to happen, some serious. Take care of yourself AND it could be something easy to fix if you find out what it is, never know!

I did my morning walk and will be going for my Jillian workout soon...gotta get some work done here first, so talk to ya all later!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #131  

Purple - how tall are you by chance....cause our weight (start and current) are soooo close!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Melissa, I am 5'5" ... how about you? Maybe we can reach our goals together this year!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Today I am working on several organizational projects. Taking it in small bite size pieces so I don't get over whelmed. I worked a little on the pantry, looking better all the time. Doing a load of laundry. I have noticed when you clean the litter box the cats line up to see who will be the first one to use the fresh litter. It is hysterical!!!! I need to sit down and write in my journal. Add a few earned stickers. Working on my "skin" : lol: Today is facial day + I think I am going to try a banana and honey mask on my hair. To see if I can get some shine and bounce back in it. I think I am going to get a medium space bag. Put the rest of Mom's stuff in it and make room for my clothes and toiletries. I even found a bottle of cologne I had forgotten I had. I know it sounds stupid, but it is these little things that make me feel good, helps me feel pretty. A mist of cologne goes a long way making me feel good about myself. I am on my second 20 ounce bottle of water. I am asking for a Brita for my birthday. That will help with my water intake also. In the mean time I will buy the gallon jugs of spring water at Wally's. I think I am going to do one room a day-I have 5. Do a general lite cleaning on Saturday and have Sunday off. Any way sounds like a plan to me. Break time is over Gotta get some more work done + gotta figure out what is for dinner. Catch ya all later! Pat
Old 01-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinab View Post
Hey! This sounds fun! Count me in, but need to buy decent scales. Kids have destroyed the 2 we had. So off to the Jan sales to get some.

Shall include my weight, height etc, when I'm back.

See you later guys.

I'm glad that you want to join us - but PLEASE GO TO: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159273 to sign up for the challenge and post your starting weight and goal weight for the year. It makes it a TON easier on me to have all the information in the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
I gotta make a box, neat idea, but I can't get to that til at least Sunday night. We are leaving in a few minutes for the weekend, YS has a tourney and we will be gone the rest of the weekend. At least that makes it easy not to weigh!!

Have a great weekend all.

Eny, had to laugh at the beef cravings, I swear, when I was pregnant with my first, craved liver and spinach (at least three night a week we ate it)
With YS, craved Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch ! Threw a pint of cookies & cream that DH bought away, because it was the wrong flavor
I'm having to make conscious decisions to NOT be mean to DH right now. First I'm crying and complaining because he's not helping - then I'm SCREAMING at him for never being home and loading the dishwasher wrong... It's going to be a LONG 8 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Today I am working on several organizational projects. Taking it in small bite size pieces so I don't get over whelmed. I worked a little on the pantry, looking better all the time. Doing a load of laundry. I have noticed when you clean the litter box the cats line up to see who will be the first one to use the fresh litter. It is hysterical!!!! I need to sit down and write in my journal. Add a few earned stickers. Working on my "skin" : lol: Today is facial day + I think I am going to try a banana and honey mask on my hair. To see if I can get some shine and bounce back in it. I think I am going to get a medium space bag. Put the rest of Mom's stuff in it and make room for my clothes and toiletries. I even found a bottle of cologne I had forgotten I had. I know it sounds stupid, but it is these little things that make me feel good, helps me feel pretty. A mist of cologne goes a long way making me feel good about myself. I am on my second 20 ounce bottle of water. I am asking for a Brita for my birthday. That will help with my water intake also. In the mean time I will buy the gallon jugs of spring water at Wally's. I think I am going to do one room a day-I have 5. Do a general lite cleaning on Saturday and have Sunday off. Any way sounds like a plan to me. Break time is over Gotta get some more work done + gotta figure out what is for dinner. Catch ya all later! Pat
I'm getting overwhelmed with organizational projects right now too. I'm desperately trying to get rid of a lot of my craft stuff, since my office will be turned into a nursery. it's just really hard to do, and I get SO tired!

Also - I told DD that I'd make her a "big girl quilt" before the baby's born.. since the one she has now took me 3 years to finish - I need to get going! (Although I'm much better at them now )

Alright - off to pay bills and buy b-day present for my BFF's little one. She'll be 4 - the grow up SO FAST!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #135  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Melissa, I am 5'5" ... how about you? Maybe we can reach our goals together this year!

I'm 5'3"...urrrhhh I hate being short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Dang you got it together girl! I hear you about the cologne or anything that makes you feel pretty.....makes me want to take better care of myself and helps me eat right and stay on track with exercise some too! Check out flylady.net for good cleaning tips and schedules for always having your home spotless...its free too! Keep up the good work....by the way....you think the Colts will do anything with that wildcard???
Closed Thread