Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #16  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

hahah Koshinogi! Great idea to get hubby to hide the scales!

Well..i'm sipping more morning tea... one of my 'things' that i have slacked on for a while. Im nervous about hitting the gym again.. scared to see how much my 'skillz' have deteriorated! lol BUT... i will get backon track. i know it. hehe

Happy first day of the rest of your lives, everyone!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!

If you HAVE to weigh in for another challenge then you should do so to prevent being booted from that challenge, but you do not need to report a weight to this challenge until the end of the challenge.

I'm sure Eny will agree We don't want to sabatoge your efforts in other challenges!

I'm off to post the first mini challenge!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiemo3 View Post
Oh my God. 6 weeks without weighing, I am in sooo much trouble. DH and I have a competition going that whoever loses the biggest % of body weight each week gets to sleep in on the weekend. So far I am winning for this week. I am like addicted to the scale, I weigh every day just hoping to see it move. This will be a truly hard challenge for me but I will make it through the 6 weeks. I am going to weigh on Fridays but my husband is going to look and NOT me. He will figure out who won between us and tell me if I won or not, BUT not my weight. This will be interesting.
Great idea Ang - to have Hubby look and not you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
I'll work on the philosophy of this challenge, loving and acceptance, but I can't toss the scale. I'm also doing the BL and will need to weigh for that. Plus when I don't weigh, things tend to creep up on me.
That's kinda the point though... if you become a slave to the scale then you're not fixing the bigger issue. You KNOW what you're supposed to be doing, and you KNOW that if you're doing those things it WILL make a difference. Just because you don't have a number to reference your actions doesn't change the outcome. YOu do things that you know will benefit you and make you a healthier, happier person then success will come... If you do things that you know are going to hurt you and aren't good for you then failure comes. Think of it this way... Anorexics have a very low number on the scale... but they are neither healthy or happy. In order for them to battle the disease, they need to be healthy in their choices, not in the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
First of all.. Eny.. I'm sure your fight will clear up.. probbaly by the time you read this message. Hugs to you... ahhh fun with hormones and Dh's... :hugs:

I'm all about learning to love ourselves and whatnot. My life is one big journey to enlightenment over here. Sadly, I have to weigh in for TBL challenge i'm in... but I will ONLY weigh in on THAT ONE DAY during the week.. which is an AMAZING difference from the 10 times I step on the scale per day over the the past year. ( I can't stop myself from standing on that thig EVERY TIME I go into the bathroom!!!
Sorry to not COMPLETELY get on the no weighing thing for a while.. but once a week is a big step for me!

I'm so pumped for this challenge, guys. This is OUR year!!

My DH and I have some challenges going too. Im glad he and I have these things to do together.. it's keeps us close.. even though he's deployed..
The day I weigh less than him, I get a professional CAMERA! and i'm PUMPED! hehe I only have about 30 more pounds to go... although.. he's starting his own fitness regime tomorrow too.. but its def a great challenge for me.. with a glowing camera at the end of the tunnel! lol

We are also seeing who runs 1000 miles first! The loser has to be slave for new years day next year!

Opps im rambling.. i think im just excited!!
I like your excitement hon! Oh and of course DH and I made up.. Even got kissed as the ball dropped You should put pictures of the camera that you're GOING TO GET. on the fridge, the front door as you head out - in your car. Anywhere that temptation strikes the most! There's nothing like a tangible reward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Happy New Year!!

Eny- Hormones are crazy, im sure the DH will understand....eventually, haha. My sister was a real hard person to deal with when she was prego. I like a Jillian type Eny, you can whip us into shape.

Faux- Thats a cool idea for you and the DH. That sounds really fun.. Good luck!!
Thanks Heather - I'll try to be a loving, supportive Hard @ss Bit<H!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingitagain View Post

Good Morning...I'm really excited to be doing a challenge!! seem to keep missing the deadlines for sign-up so hope to have gotten into this one.

Hummm...not to get on the scale for SIX weeks...hope I don't turn into a blimp...as someone else said, I usually don't weigh when I know I'm being bad.

But this may just work....stay off the darn things and do what I'm suppose to.
I have a problem being a really bad girl

I'm ready to try really hard though....no I'm going to DO this!!!
Pat
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!! YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!! TRY IS A 3 LETTER WORD FOR NOT DOING. either you ARE going to eat right, or you're not... you ARE going to exercise or your not. This isn't easy, and it's not going to be... There will be slip ups, and bad days and that's FINE! ALL THE POWER THAT YOU NEED IS IN YOUR MIND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I will have to weigh once a week for TBL challenge also.

I'm a little worried about not weighing in between. I don't hop on the scale multiple times per day...but I usually weigh every morning when I get up. The exception has always been when I was eating bad and just don't want to face the result. I use my daily weigh ins to keep from straying many times because I don't want to see a higher number the next morning...so I pass on the cake.

This challenge has me nervous.
It's suppose to challenge you - nervousness is part of that. A number on the scale isn't going to cause you to stray - your mindset does. Do you think "Oh I've lost #2 this week, I can have that (enter food here)." Or Do you think "I've worked my butt off, and it hasn't made much of a difference - obviously (enter food item here) isn't going to hurt." All that does is gives you a number to support your excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
Ok, I made my husband remove my scales I have no Idea where so I'm ready to try

Alos I posted on the last challenge, didn't realise it was close but my before pics are on there they are actually a year old so will take some fresh ones but I am only 7lbs heavier now anyway Good Luck all with this

Bev
I'll go to the other thread and grab them. It'll be awesome to see the difference at the end! Great job having Hubby hide the scales!

OK girls - I've seen a lot of excuses on why we're so dependant on the scale... and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not the same exact way... this challenge is to MAKE YOU THINK OF YOUR CHOICES! Yes it DOES feel good to see the scale go down... it's nice to see a reflection of your hardwork... but depending on that number is not healthy!

Obviously, there are several people that are weighing in for TBL challenge. that's fine, I completely understand. My Dr. Has me doing a weekly weigh in as well to update him. Since my goal is to NOT gain more then #15 this pregnancy, I really have to be good. And the only way the Dr. has to monitor me is my journal right now. He doesn't want me dropping too much or gaining too much. So until I'm on weekly appointments, it's the way it is.

I really want all of us to really think about this challenge, what it means... and think about why Melissa and I put this challenge first of the year. There are MILLIONS that Resolve to lose weight for New Years - go to a gym and try ot get on a machine... but almost all of them peter out by February. They are looking for quick results - which won't happen - and have the mind set of if I change for a little bit I can go back to the way I was...

Well as Mel's 2009 motto states: STOP DOING THE SAME THING AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!!

These challenges are to do that - CHALLENGE YOU. Challenge your body, your mind, your soul.... We can ALL ACCOMPLISH THIS! YOU'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE FIRST STEP AND SIGNED UP... NOW TAKE THE NEXT STEP PAST THE SCALE!

Last edited by Enygirl; 01-01-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

H A P P Y~N E W~Y EA R!!!!! On program and rearing to go. Catch ya all later pat
Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #20  

Wink Happy New Year - Let's get started on the New you!

Mini - Challenge #1

100 Push ups Challenge

Hey everyone! So, I hope you are all ready for our NON-SCALE challenge! Please, embrace this challenge as much as you can. Soooooo many times we are on the right track with diet/exercise/water intake and all our other goals, but for some stupid reason, the scale DOESN'T reflect our efforts! I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, this makes it really hard to stay on plan and on track. Eventually, I quit! That is one of the reasons for this non-scale challenge.

We are going to focus on appriciating and loving ourselves right now! We are going to focus on the things we SHOULD be doing.....like getting in our exercise.....getting in our water....getting in our set amount of calories/points/ whatever your doing......staying on budget....so forth and so on for all the goals you set! If you mess up during this six weeks....it is okay...but the idea is to revamp your plan so that by the end of the six weeks you have one that WORKS that you can stick with for the WHOLE YEAR and you didn't have the scale to worry about while you were doing it!!!

AND maybe just maybe after 6 weeks you'll have a nice surprise from your friend the scale

On with the Challenge:

During the length of this challenge we will be working on strength. Push ups are a GREAT strengh exercise that works your chest, back, abs, and arms! This challenge will be fairly simple. Go to the website listed below. Complete the INITIAL TEST to see what level you are on and immediately start week ONE this week. NOW, you CAN do wall push ups, knee push ups, bench push ups, or regular push ups. See the "What is a push up section" for info about form.

Which ever way you decide to START your push up challenge you need to make sure your form is correct. You want to start out on the RIGHT level for this challenge so you progress properly!

You can do this along with whatever exercise plan you already have.....it is ONLY 3 days a week.....I expect everyone to kick butt at this challenge!

Soooo.......tell us what level your getting started at and how your doing each week! Tell us the differences in your stomach, arms, back, chest as you start to notice them!!!!

http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 01-01-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Duh! forgot to list the website! LOL
Old 01-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #21  

Melissa! so glad you put this on here! You know I tried this one before.. and surprise.. I sort of just stopped doing it one day. This is a great program.. and it works... but it's a challenge!
So glad you posted on here... I won't give up this time!

PS.. I think you forgot to put the site address...

It's http://hundredpushups.com/

Last edited by mountain mama; 01-01-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #22  

Mel~What is he url for the one hundred pushups? I want to do this!!!! Get the bust line firmed up and the flab from my upper arms. Thanks Pat
Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #23  

Talking My Level!!! :(

First of all

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

to everyone!

I just completed my initial test for the push up challenge!!! I was able to get out 12 good form knee push ups to get me started off on LEVEL 2!

Remember week ONE of this challenge is today Jan 1st through Wed Jan 7th...

So make sure you get your initial test done soon so you have three days (hopefully with rest in between so your muscles can rebuild and get stronger!) to complete week 1 of this challenge!

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #24  

Dang you guys are some fast readers.....LOL!

I put it up! Sorry! LOL!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

We're on pins and needles waiting for you. I'm going to be doing wall pushups for this one for obvious reasons, but going to stand as far away as I can from it.

I have completed this challenge before - and I LOVE IT!!! It's GREAT for strength building. I'm off to find out my level.. I'll be back!

Ok - that didn't take long.... I was able to do 20 Wall push ups before I felt like dying! That puts me at level 3. Like I said, I've done this challenge before, and the wall push ups are Way easier then on the knees. I almost feel like I'm cheating! But then again, my arms are DEFINATELY feeling the 20 i just did! I KNOW that these are going to increase my strength and endurance.. which I'm going to definately need!

Last edited by Enygirl; 01-01-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #26  

Hi I am another that did this program. I got to 100 wall pushups and stopped. I did 24 wall push ups for the test. I also seen a 200 sit up challenge on this site. I took that test also. I did 24 sit ups. My abs are exhausted. Fauxtini has a wonderful deluxe challenge thread also. Between these challenges I should get in some good inch bustin weight whittlin workouts. This is great!! After the grands go home I am going for a walk. Catch ya all later!! Pat
Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #27  

Default My level!

I got out 15 knee pushups. Oh dear.. level 3... SCARY!! hehe I remember the firsttime i tried this challenge.. it was struggle to get 5 out! And I barely went down far enough. My nose isn't quite touching the floor when i do these.. haha but my arms are at about a 90 degree angle.. I can sense the strife of this challenge already.. but im excited lol

Eny: Great idea about posting up pictures of the camera everywhere. im making a 'vision board' this week.. i will def include it on there lol
Glad you guys kissed at the stroke of midnight! hehe I 'virtually kissed my DH via webcam and HIS new years in Iraq.. 4pm for me hehe.

Melissa! Im working on my treat box for each 5 pounds i lose Im pumped!! I have a list of stuff already that im excited about! just gotta print it up all fancy for my box Im using a little keepsake box my DH sent me from afar to put my stuff in

Dixie! We gotta get that challenge going again.. maybe i will starta new one for the new year! Might as well get everything started right for 2009! thanks for the reminder!

Last edited by mountain mama; 01-01-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Ok, so I have done the initial test, I use to do Kenpo Jiu/Jitsu before I had my laser eye surgery and it was pretty intense full contact sport, I was the only female in a class of about 20 men, and the warm up consisted of approx 200 press-ups (man style) 500 situps 200 squats and alot more other things too, all timed so I'm ok at this stuff (better than I expected) I'm not great at cardio as I have a heart murmer so get tired really quick - running sucks for me, Anyways I have to start at level 3 column 3 but it's all good, I set my monthly target to include 3000 press-ups and 3000 sit-ups so will tie in nicely
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #29  

Faux~I posted a new challenge to the board yesterday hehehe! I am so pumped to get the inches away. I want a new wardrobe for Spring. A new fashionable swimsuit for the YMCA. I am soooooo ready to change things in my life!!!!. Lets challenge the person below us. Pat
Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #30  

Here's the thread to the 2009 edition of the 'Challenge the person below you thread'!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...21#post2520121

Hope i'm not stepping on any toes, Eny and Melissa, by posting another challenge in here No more.. i promise! lol
Closed Thread