Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Sw:226
Cw:226
Gw:221
Old 01-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #152  
Goodbye Fat!

Hi everyone. Yesterday we went to the zoo so that was my exercise, no high intensity but the amount of walking we did was tremendous, not to mention caring a 14 month old most of the day so she could see and point to the animals. Too adorable.

Well I hid my scale and I am done with it. Tonight I will start the pushup challenge when I go workout.

This year I am going to try working out in the even versus first think in the morning. Prebaby I was a hardcore morning exerciser at 5am, but it is nearly impossible to get a good workout plus get everything ready and out the door to daycare and then work by 730am. What are some tips of you evening exericsers to get moving in the pm? My gym does have the TVs on the cardio equipment so that is a bonus, I just don't want to get into the I'm too tired to go workout.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #153  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi all...glad to see the drama from last night has died down...I got some news...first some background.....Here is the important part...I'm only 47! Ok...I know that is ancient to some of you...but as grandmothers go...47 is pretty young...and I am a grandmother to an adorable 2 1/2 year old little girl. So a few weeks ago...my #1 DD and SIL inform me that they are expecting baby #2. Did I mention that I am only 47! They just found out it will be a boy! YAY! finally a boy!

So flash forward to 2 days ago...My #2 DD and her boyfriend inform me thatthey are expecting baby #1! OK...That is 3 grandchildren for those of you that are following along at home...Oh MY! And would you belive I am only 47?!?

So anyway...Eny...would you mind posting that link for the prgnancy nutrition website you were talking about. I have 2 DD that are in need of some good nutritional nagging...er...um...I mean counceling from their (only) 47 year old mom!

Last edited by djay; 01-02-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #154  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Dolly - I'm a total night time excerciser. After I watch whatever TV shows are on that night I get myself ready to work out at 9 pm. At around 8:45, during a commerical of course, I run upstairs and change into my work out clothes & put on my gym shoes. Then at 9 I put on whatever work out I'm doing that night. If I only want to work out an hour, I'm done at 10 in time for Will & Grace on Lifetime. If I'm up for 2 hours then it's Frasier at 11! It's sad but that's how I view my work out times. I don't feel too bad about it though, I just read in Us that Michelle from the Biggest Loser does that to get through her workouts at the gym. She knows what shows are on at what times & watches them while on the machines. If in the end I look like her, then it's all good!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #155  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

CONGRATULATIONS Dj! What a way to start a new year!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

djay- lol sounds like your children are making you feel old before you time. Atleast you got these wonderful new children to spoil.

Im off to the grocery store to load up on some healthy food, day 2 and still doing pretty good on the food part. I havent done any exercise besides the push ups though. I have been sick with a nagging cough again and I dont want to overexert myself til its gone. I do plan on doing a little something when I get home though.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Vanessa- I think you were typing the same time as me, lol.
I also read the US magazine about Michelle from TBL. Its so inspiring. She looks to pretty and in shape. I wondered about night time exercising, it doesnt keep you up at night? I get so confused about it, they say to exercise during the morning to energize yourself and then ive heard to exercise at night to help you sleep. That kinda contridics everything,lol.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #158  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Melissa and purple: yes.. i've been to the doctor and got lots of tests done. In the end they told me it was ' neuro cardiogenic syncope' which mor eor less means that when i stand up quickly.. or change body leveks from high to low my heart doesnt pump the blood up to my brain fast enough.. making me lightheaded and sometimes faint.
my blood pressure gets really low for a couple seconds i guess. its all kind sof annoying because now that im healthy this decides to happen. I guess when my blood pressure was so high before.. it never dropped below the safe zone... but now that myblood pressure is at a normal range it drops too low when i stand up.

the standing yoga i was doing was a lot of standing and bending low and standing straight up and i guess my blood pressure couldnt handl eit and was making me all light headed.

the doctors told me that theres nothing i can do about it except drink more electroyles. i drink enhances water now but it doesnt make much of a difference. i just hav eto be carefull. i usually am pretty iun control of it.. just once in a while i need to just stop and chillax.

that being said. im off to try to work out again.. just a WATP dvd. I think early morning workouts arnt good for me. mybody gets light headed more in the am.. i will have tostick to afternoon workouts i guess..
Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Lackie~Please tell me what Bob Yoga is? Is it a yoga dvd? I love to do yoga. I have a Firm Yoga dvd I love.

PS: I need to create a new siggy any one have any creative ideas?? Serious I need help!! All ideas appreciated!!
Bob from Biggest Loser has a yoga DVD and I just tried it so I am in LOVE with it. I am a beginner at yoga and the level 1 was perfect for me. It has the 3 levels just like 30DS. I like that all TBL DVD's are 9 dollars at walmart. It is super cheap compared to the rest. As for your siggy, maybe go with a clean crisp to the point. lol I have absolutely no idea for what you need to do. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Hi all...glad to see the drama from last night has died down...I got some news...first some background.....Here is the important part...I'm only 47! Ok...I know that is ancient to some of you...but as grandmothers go...47 is pretty young...and I am a grandmother to an adorable 2 1/2 year old little girl. So a few weeks ago...my #1 DD and SIL inform me that they are expecting baby #2. Did I mention that I am only 47! They just found out it will be a boy! YAY! finally a boy!

So flash forward to 2 days ago...My #2 DD and her boyfriend inform me thatthey are expecting baby #1! OK...That is 3 grandchildren for those of you that are following along at home...Oh MY! And would you belive I am only 47?!?

So anyway...Eny...would you mind posting that link for the prgnancy nutrition website you were talking about. I have 2 DD that are in need of some good nutritional nagging...er...um...I mean counceling from their (only) 47 year old mom!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Melissa and purple: yes.. i've been to the doctor and got lots of tests done. In the end they told me it was ' neuro cardiogenic syncope' which mor eor less means that when i stand up quickly..
I'm glad it isn't something super SERIOUS. You can work around it! That is a plus. Although I bet it sucks not being able to be fully into what you love to do.

So yeah I am definitely happy I joined this thread you chicks are very talkative and are VERY supportive and informative. hooray for us!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Djay: Congrats!...

I am 48 and have no grandchildren...I am feeling a little jealous. Although I know my son and daughter are not ready for it yet. How old are your kids? Mine are: son: 24 daughter: 23. I am excited about being a grandma someday. I started looking at baby clothes again. LOL I can't believe I was my daughter's age when I had my son. I look back now and think OMG I was so young! It is funny...my DH and I have mentioned marriage to both of our kids. They are both in long term relationships. My son is going to grad school and my daughter is trying to figure out what she wants to do.

HMMM...I am sounding like an old mother hen...OMG!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #161  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! 2 new babies is a bit overwhelming to process...Hard to imagine that next Christmas I will have 3 little ones around here!

Hattie- don't worry...your time is comming. I wish my kids had waited to get a little more established before they started having kids...but I guess if we realistically looked at what it was going to take to raise a child all the way through college...Nobody in their right minds would have children! My girls are 25 and 21. The oldest will graduate from college 1 month before her son is born. My youngest has sworn that she will stay in school. So they have chosen a difficult path...but they are both happy and healthy...so I'm along for the ride...and of course to cuddle those soft little bundles!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I just did 10 miles on the stationary bike.. i cant feel my butt!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #163  

djay I cannot express enough to you how awesome your children must feel with you being supportive and not, "OMG why did you do this to yourself?! You are never going to make it!" It speaks a lot about your relationship with your kids. I'm sure it was a shock, but still how exciting for your kids to know you love them and will be supportive and a happy grandma!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #164  

WOW JAHJAH That is amazing. I hate the bike and envy the fact you did 10 miles!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

How is all the organizing going, ladies? I have been thinking about a reward system all day and may just have to go with the box idea...though I will have to find a box first

I am very hungry right now because I saved up some calories to have lasagne with the family for dinner...it will be so worth it when it gets done
Closed Thread