3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   G2009 - Loving the Skin I'm In Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/159833-g2009-loving-skin-im-challenge.html)

Dixiemae 01-02-2009 12:52 PM

OMG!!! A half gallon bottle of amonia got spilled on the utility floor my house smells like amonia. I got it to clean the windows, mirrors, and shinny surfaces with. Now it has cleaned my floor too ;). I am on my 3rd 20 ounce bottle of water. Doing good so far. Loaded the dishwasher, ready to do another load of laundry when he floor dries :D. Need to eat some lunch. Then finish up around the house. Catch ya all later. Pat

Koshinogi 01-02-2009 12:53 PM

Day 1 completed, my husband is doing it with me so makes it easier for me, and I've had a great day with food, everyone went back to work today and took in all there left over crap from xmas, but I just looked and thought I'd never get to my goal if it eat it, willpower must be a new thing for me haha, just made jambalaya from my old slimming world books and was it tasty, ill be at my 7lbs off goal by Feb if I keep this up :dance::dance::dance:

Koshinogi 01-02-2009 01:02 PM

Oh yeh and waking up and walking to the scale, stepping where is was and finding nothing.....very wierd....but I kinda feel like I have a surprise waiting for me, lets just hope it does turn out good :)

StNessa79 01-02-2009 01:19 PM

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE... I'm getting a late start this morning but it feels good :p

Faux - Thanks, I am trying to stay positive! If I'm not then there's no use in me doing any of these challenges. Not only does my body need to be ready to get healthy was so does my mind. No self sabotage!

Melissa - ACCOUNTABILITY is KEY! If someone isn't ready to take accountability for their actions then they are never going to lose the weight & KEEP IT OFF! No one got me to my highest weight but MYSELF! And no one is going to take it off but MYSELF!

Eny - what theme are you going for in the baby's room? I love baby things!

Dixie - I need your energy right now. I'm THINKING about starting some organizing projects today. But I'm only thinking about it right now. Maybe I should check out this flylady people are talking about.

Kosh - HIGH 5 FOR YOU! You'll do awesome with that attitude!

I'm going to look up this sit up challenge that you're all talking about. It's not like I don't need it!

I'll check in with you all later!! :hug:

2ndChance09 01-02-2009 01:23 PM

I did the pushup challenge this morning and was able to do 6 regular pushups. So that puts me right at the begining of level 2. I have never been great at pushups or upper arm strength so this will be good for me!

heather1979 01-02-2009 01:30 PM

Good afternoon! You girls are chatty this morning. I had to read two pages since last night, lol.

Faux- Have you been to the dr for those passing out spells? If so, what can they do to help it?

Eny- Do you want a boy or a girl, or does it matter? I mean I know it doesnt matter but some people have a preference.

Melissa- That 200 sit up challenge sounds fun, I think ill try it. I have also thought about getting some kind of outfit to sit out and look at in the hopes of fitting into it.

By the way, this little quote I have in my signature, who did I steal it from? I seen it somewhere on here and I love it.

StNessa79 01-02-2009 01:32 PM

Great job 2nd! I can't do regular push ups yet (or at least not more than 3) so right now, you're my hero!

I just did the sit up test & I was able to do 40 sit ups so I'm starting in the average catagory for my age. I went with the 30+ column.... OH LIKE A KNIFE IN MY HEART :lol:

I'm sure I'll do the first day later.

Time for me to get in the shower! The center is closed today so I'm having one of the babies in my class come over so I can watch her. Her parents are having a little date afternoon. How cute! And I get my baby time in with her. ;)

2ndChance09 01-02-2009 01:32 PM

That is a great idea about the reward box, I am def. going to make one! :)

Krista 01-02-2009 01:37 PM

Afternoon All!

Lost my last post somewhere...ooops. I put a pillow under my knees when I did my push ups it seemed to help a little....also (note to self) don't let teenage son stay in the same room while trying to tweek form ....but it does help when your looking for a few belly laughs...and then he had to help me get up from floor. :hug:

Now that I got some fitness under my belt I'm off to the grocery store. :scooter:

2ndChance09 01-02-2009 01:37 PM

Vanessa, thanks! I am hoping to improve my arm strength with this challenge. I remember that when I was in boot camp (I was in the Air Force) the first day I could only do 9 regular pushups and by the end I could do 40 pushups plus 100 situps and run 4 miles all in a row. Being in such great shape was awesome, I hope to get there again or close to it!

Lackie 01-02-2009 01:39 PM

I am definitely starting the sit up challenge as well. I will do it alternatively with the push up challenge. Today is going well. I had my kashi breakfast with extra strawberries and a banana with it. Also I switched to whole milk. I like the taste better and the calories are worth it to me. I didn't notice this, but skim has more sugar in it. :O

Congrats to all you girls doing the challenge and not dragging out the scale!!

So yeah I am off to do the 30DS and I don't know if it was in here or another forum, but I bought the Bob Yoga to go after the hard workout of 30DS as a relaxing way to burn some cals. I prefer to workout for an hour so it will just be closer then. :) So who ever it was I am stealing your idea and Thanks!!

EDIT: I am going to do the reward box! I might just do that today while tie dyeing shirts for my team. Whoo hoo for crafts! :) And 2ndChance I am getting in shape to GO to basic! lol Hopefully I can pass my PT test before I go. lol

ktgk 01-02-2009 01:50 PM

I'm not sure what my level should be, but I can hit 40 push-ups...although it gets tough in the end.

chiquita623 01-02-2009 01:52 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies. Today is the first time I've been on here for a couple of days and my goodness - y'all are a chatty bunch!!! But I wouldn't want it any other way.

I am in TBL challenge and will need to weigh in once a week (on Thursdays) and I vow to you all that I will not step on the scale at any other time than that. I'm normally on the silly contraption at least 3 times a day. So not good for my thought processes. It just messes me up completely. I need to do this to be accountable to myself first and foremost.

I will also look at the link for the pushup challenge. I am so not good at pushups. I have no strength in my arms so hopefully this will help with that as well as firming up the "girls". That's a good thing in my book!!

This is my last weekend for "holiday" gatherings. Thank heaven!! I am planning on cooking healthy foods and went to the store and bought tons of fruit and veggies for trays. I told everyone that's coming that I will be serving only healthy foods this weekend and if they want something else they need to bring it with them and take it with them when they leave if there is any left. We'll see what I end up with.

Just wanted to check in real quick. I'll be back on at some point over the weekend. Luckily I go back to work on Monday so it'll be a lot easier to get on here more often!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Dixiemae 01-02-2009 02:12 PM

Vanessa~Fly Lady will def help get you organized. You get a lot of posts from her. It is worth it to get your "hot spots" decluttered and organized! I might join her again in a week or so. Her 27 fling boogie will get errr done.

Lackie~Please tell me what Bob Yoga is? Is it a yoga dvd? I love to do yoga. I have a Firm Yoga dvd I love.

I am getting interested about this reward box you ladies keep talking about. It just might supply some much needed motivation. Right now I am suffering from a major big caffine withdrawl headache. Trying to quit drinking diet Pepsi. I know I drank a lot of the stuff, but didn't realize I was addicted to caffine. Hopefully it will go away in a day or 2!!!!!!!!!!!! At this rate it is better to be without it seeing what it is doing to my body!!! Crash course in self awareness 101!! I got a second load of laundry washing, a blanket and towels. About ready to wind down the day, after a few finishing touches, and mop the bathroom floor again. Pat

PS: I need to create a new siggy any one have any creative ideas?? Serious I need help!! All ideas appreciated!!

mayness 01-02-2009 02:22 PM

Hey everyone! I've been out of town for New Years so didn't get a chance to post yet.

I've tried and tried to come up with excuses why I can't stop weighing myself, but I don't have any, lol. So I'm going to stick with no weighing for the 6 weeks I suppose!

I've had a headache all day yesterday and this morning, so I haven't done the push-ups yet (or ANY exercise), but I'm starting to feel better (thank you caffeine and tylenol!) so I'll tackle that later today. Last time I tried, I was able to do 8 regular push-ups, maybe I can squeeze out a couple more. I feel like I could do modified push-ups all day, but the regular ones are soooo hard for me!

This week is tough for eating well -- we have a guest over who is a picky eater, so we've been eating out a lot or getting take-out. For the weekend, I'm not going to worry TOO much about it, just try to make the healthiest choice I can.

I've been trying to make a lot of food ahead (rice, soups, mashed potatoes), and stock up on healthy convenience food (frozen fruits and veggies, couscous, etc), before I head back to work on Monday. This should be good for our financial situation and for my weight loss efforts! I think today I'm going to make a few small pizza crusts (personal size) and freeze them, along with some pizza sauce, so we can have pizza that is cheap and healthy! Hmm, I guess that means I need to go buy yeast.