Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning Chickies.
NurseM, you always amaze me with your personals. You are so giving to take the time for all of us. I am with you.

AUD, WE MISS YOU!!! Come back and sing to us!!

My response, yes, Commitment to Christmas is still there, only a few of us left, but it's all good. C25K, sometimes better than others, I have knee issues, so I
go back & forth between elliptical and dreadmill. Keep thinking that the knee will get better as the butt gets smaller. It does help, but I don't think I am going to avoid the knife much longer.

Jeni, let us know how the tests go.

HolyT- good luck on finishing the school!!

OK, I don't have much time, got to get my butt to work. Have a great day all!

W 100 (making this the last couple days, with the help of Crystal Lite type mix)
E OP
E Did some crunches, will fit some walking in
D One day at a time, one choice at a time. You can make it a good day.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday I got over 64oz of water down, going to try for more today. 90 minutes of exercise doing pilates, treadmill,and weights, and about 1550 calories. The scale was up a little but it didn't bother me too much because I felt quite a bit thinner this morning. Its probably water from lifting weights yesterday, it seems to happen that way sometimes.

HolyT: sorry to hear about your grandmother. I have a brother-in-law that is on dialysis.

NurseM: thanks for the cheers, the scale has been going down the last few days finally, but I'm sure it will stall the next week, PMS is getting ready to show its ugly face.

Everyone else, have a great Wednesday!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Morning lovely losing ladies!!! Hope everyone is off to a great start on hump day!!! My day is going pretty good. I saw a pound down on the scale this morning...of course, not sure if it's a real loss or just because i finally remembered to weigh after my morning pee and before my morning cup of coffee.. lol. But anyways, i'll take it!!! But...i weighed on my boyfriends scale and got the 157...but when i weighed on MY scale, i got 156.4!!! I liked it alot better but i'm going to stick with the weight on his because that's the scale i started back on this board with. (Although my scale is the one i was losing weight with the last time i was on here and got down to 134.) Oh well...anyways, a pound down made me feel good. Now...if i can get it to keep going down and my pants to loosen up some, i'll be doing great.

Anyone got any big new years eve plans?? My honey and I are hosting a New Years Eve party this year. I'm going out to buy paper products, new years eve party hats, plastic champagn glasses and lots of appetizers. Going to send out pretty invitation to our friends and i can't wait. (Sure hope my pants are fitting alittle better by new years eve) hehehe. But that's about the extent of my plans.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #19  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Looks like we are going to Lumi's party for New Year's Eve! Oh wait I have to work....boooo! But working New Years = off for Christmas with family! So...can't complain about that.

Day three...so far so good. If you can believe it, I already feel better! Does that even make sense? And, no, I haven't exercised yet, just eating better. But I was going through this weird sleep-all-the-time thing...it would drive my hubby nuts. I would just nod off around 8pm which is supposed to be "our" time unless I'm working. Now I don't feel so sluggish anymore. I don't wake up in the middle of the night and I don't go right back to bed after getting Robert off to school.

Do your kids eat healthily?

I ask because my Rachel (4) she is a health nut!! She LOVES carrots and cuccumbers (our latest popular snack) She prefers pretzels to chips and fruit to candy or cookies. She would rather have milk than pop or juice, which always kind of confuses waitresses. She loves broccoli and green beans but doesn't really eat the meat/main dish. I see her someday becoming a pretty healthy gal, maybe a vegetarian even.

But Robert is my junk foodie. Hard to find veggies he'll eat. He does like fruit and he does fine with meats/proteins. But would rather eat happy meals and he is obsessed with macaroni and cheese, and lunchables!

I should pick up the cookbooks that "trick" kids into eating well....any ideas?

Oh our Christmas will be nice but there wasn't anything too exciting on either of their lists....both got a movie, a book, a DS game, Rachel- my little pony some kind of amusement park thing (its a big box), Barbies, and she needed a new bowling ball- a Hello Kitty one, she threw her ball two weeks ago and it CRACKED! Can you imagine!? Robert- Legos, remote control helicopter, Transformers. I am thinking about getting hamsters/cages. Who knows.

Today WEED
W- 4 liters
E- breakfast was Egg beaters and oatmeal (OH I forgot to mention, I started making my own oatmeal, on the stovetop, I read somewhere about instant oatmeals being really high in sugar and you get hungry faster, and it's true! Plus I found some of that brown sugar splenda so I added that and it was pretty good!) Kept me full for a LONG time! Lunch was a South Beach ham and swiss sandwich small handful of pretzels and a bowl of cuccumbers and carrots. Don't think I'll need a snack. Dinner will be??? Pork chops? salad, must make the green beans tonight or they'll go bad. Bedtime snack will be protein shake with frozen strawberries and maybe banana. (I didn't need bedtime snack last night)
E- Probably nothing formal, maybe Wii fit ? Maybe check out 30 day shred?
D- Gotta make a plate of cookies for DH holiday party at work tomorrow. Must. Not. Eat. Cookies. Remember how much better you feel already.

Alright back to house cleaning. xoxoxo all Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

I did pretty good today. Drank more water, Exercised hard, and ate pretty good. It's weird how exercising gives you more energy. I need to quit looking at the scale every day though. It's beginning to stress me out. As long as I feel better.. that's all that matters.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #21  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I am back from my mini-break. I exercised hard today and counted caloreis strictly. My workout felt great. TOM showed up with no fanfare and no weight gain. So let's see what happens. My dream is to unwrap a new me on Christmas morning weighing in at 195.

I have been very busy, but reading posts.
Nix- Had to laugh. Yesterday you and I both were 200 on the dot. What's up with that. Today I was 199.4. What about you?

Michelle- You do know me well. But you give me too much credit. Twice a day? Phiff!! How about 6. Yeah, that sounds good. Gosh I really don't know; I don't count. But 195 is in my future, my very near future, I hope.

Last edited by mtiger; 12-10-2008 at 09:12 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #22  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Wednesday....Got my water down... woohoo. Ate decent. Dinner was a little over the top but not a total failure. did 25 min on treadmill. Today is 2 1/2 months as a non smoker though! The whole reason for my extra 5 to 7 lbs over the last couple months.

Mitggie... I don' t EVEN wanna tell you my number today... It went the wrong way. I'll work on it and give you a good one on Friday!

Nchellie... glad your back on track sistah! And the problem child just signed up for 3rd full semester of college.Thank you Jesus. He is still living in Orange County with my parents, and seems to be doing very well. He needed a change of scenery and some expectations from someone besides mom. He actually needed to build some standards for himself. I think he is finding his determination to live big. It's nice to see him growing up a little and not having to feel like I nagged him into it

Ladies... I fully intended to do a bunch of personals, but my eyes are seriously taking turns slamming shut right now. I sincerely hope tomorrow finds you all well. And I am really excited to be lighter tomorrow! And even lighter the day after that... and lighter......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mixmom, glad to hear DS is doing well! WTG on the no smoking. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I ever did.

DH and I will go with you to Lumi's party NMichelle. Seriously though, DH and I usually go out to dinner with 2 other couples, probably what we will do this year too!

Nmichelle, My kids are the same. YS is 18, still the 'my body is a temple' type. His fave food has been salad with all kinds of veggies since he was tiny. Probably why he is my wrestler and still very fit. 8 pk abs, the whole bit. My OS is a junk food junkie, mac and cheese, cookies etc and fights his weight like his Momma now that football has past and he can't eat all those extras without the practice to burn it off.

I must go get my crunches done and get to work, weather here is supposed to be awful later today.

W 100, working hard on this now
E OP
E crunches and a walk
D One choice at a time. Worth it!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #24  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i wanna go to Lumi's party too! except i have to work
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Good morning ladies...Hope everyone is doing good this morning. HT...so glad to see you again. That sucks you have to work New Years Eve. I gotta work that day and then be home and have everything ready by 8pm that night...and i don't get home from work till 6pm. YIKES!!!

Nmichelle.... I bet that hello kitty bowling ball would be soooo cute. I love to bowl but don't do it very often. Wanted to buy a purple ball with tinkerbell on it...but $100????? I just can't see spending that much money on myself for something i don't use that often. ~~sigh~~

Nixmom...sounds like you are doing great!! I am having a problem with wanting to snack after dinner too. But i think i'm doing okay right now with it. Like i told my boyfriend...you can't go from 2000 calories to 1200 calories over night and not expect to still want more. lol. But i'm getting the hang of it again. And trying to stay at about 1400 cal. Congrats on your quit smoking. That is just AWESOME!!!

Nessy...i'm not sure if looking at the scale everyday is a bad thing or not. I stopped looking and i didn't look back for over 6 months. And i was not happy with what i saw when i got back on. But if you're still excersizing and eating right...then you would probably be okay to not step on the scale every day. I know i get addicted to the scale. Not really expect a loss after just 3 days, i've been on the scale everyday and actually surprized to see a loss but i know i would have been upset if i didn't see a lose.

Anyways...I did pretty good on plan last night. I ended up having a serving of animal cookies after dinner but i guess that's not too bad. only 120 extra calories.

Todays WEED:
W- 64 ounces
E- 1300-1400 calories
E- I wish
D- today is a new day...eat right!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #26  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Good afternoon baby girls!

I did want to say that I have in the past put the damn scale way up high in the closet to keep off of it. I even tried one whole challenge without weekly weigh ins. I wanted to "suprise" myself at the end of the challenge....I think I gained two pounds that time. In fact, I don't think I've EVER hit a goal on a challenge yet...until NOW, right??? I've already weighed myself three times today....thinking about hiding it again. I mean, I'm only just restarting out, and I am getting obsessed already? oh boy.

Oh and Lumi, you would die but a few years ago, DH and I both got new bowling balls and they were around $215 each. But he bowls in mens leagues and we bowl every weekend so it was an ok investment for us, but the Tinkerbell ball sounds cute! I loved my red-sparkly Mickey Mouse ball from when I was a kid....I miss that ball. Can I brag too, that I throw a 16 pound ball? And I can actually HOOK it like you're supposed to?

Amy, I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope she is feeling okay. Have I told you that the floor I work on is med-surg but our focus is kidney dialysis. I mean, the patients have to GO over to hemodialysis so I'm fuzzy on the details of the actual treatment but I do primarily care for dialysis patients. One thing that suprised me though, is that working in a hospital, seeing them at their sickest, I thought dialysis must be a horrible thing to live with. But the truth is that most people out there live great lives on hemodialysis. You can work a job (a reporter locally writes his column while hooked up on his machine) but it does take a committment to taking their meds, watching their diets and especialy fluid intake. Did you know that even cruise lines offer dialysis treatments? You can vacation anywhere and your dialysis social worker can set that up too since there are literally centers everywhere! I didn't know SO many people were on dialysis until I started working there. It is BIG business. Especially among African American population. But I'm off on a tangent. Your grandma will feel pretty crappy getting used to the treatments but after a week or so will realize she is feeling better than she has in a LONG time...this kind of disease comes on so slow that you don't even realize you are sick until your kidneys have completely failed. OR she could just be in temporary renal failure and a few treatments will turn her kidneys around and she'll be fine. Maybe I should have just PMed you. LOL I could talk about this stuff for a long time. Hugs and prayers that she gets well soon and has excellent care. xoxoxoxo

Work tonight and tomorrow night. Just trying to get in a happy mind set. Oh yes and Nixie, how is the stop-smoking going? you haven't mentioned it in a while...

xoxooxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #27  

My kids eat healthy, I don't give them a choice! hehe
No but seriously, they like healthy foods, they can't stand white bread, I couldn't either when I was a kid. They love salad, greens, broccoli, even brussel sprouts! I was raised on lots of garden veges but even I didn't like brussel sprouts. I do like them now though. My daughter is seven and she can't stand mac and cheese, if she sees it anywhere she makes a barf face. Alot of time she doesn't even eat cake, she does like the ice cream though! We don't have sweets in the house very often, but they do get candy sometimes from their grandparents who live right next to us. Sometimes if I think they have been having it too often I'll tell them they are not allowed any candy for awhile and they are pretty good about it, they will tell Papa and Mamaw they can't have any.
I do keep bittersweet chocolate chips and we usually eat a few of those almost every day....for the antioxidants, hehehe. Oh, and they LOVE apples.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #28  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies! really quick today: My last day on for the weekend,

Kids are driving me nuts with christmas carols (I will remember this time fondly in 10 years, but right now they are driving me NUTS!)

Head hurts but Not as bad today.

Gotta Go.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #29  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I haven't been bowling in years. I used to be on leagues and stuff but not anymore. I can't believe balls are that expensive these days. My niece just got on her school team and they want her to get a "spare" ball. Phiff!!

Next Friday we take our 5th graders roller skating for their Christmas party. I grew up at the roller rink and it's another thing I haven't done in years. I am excited to go and skate my booty off. It is great exercise and tons of fun. I can't wait.

No change on the scale today, still 199.6. I made up my own curcuit workout at school today. Walk a lap, jog a lap, one min. of a strength move. It was hard and my inner thighs are feeling it. "Oh what a feeling."

Last edited by mtiger; 12-11-2008 at 09:23 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #30  

Today was a good day, got all my water in, 36min on the treadmill, and 1550cals. I was hoping to get more exercise in but I didn't have time, maybe tomorrow.
WEED for Friday:
W: 64-96oz
E: minimum of 30min of treadmill and/or pilates
E:1500-1700cals
D: I'm feeling pretty good, my clothes are getting looser