Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Everyone still with me here? I ate "clean" despite eating out for dinner tonight, 1200 or so calories but only 20 min of cardio tonight before bed. Let's aim for 30+ of hard cardio and blast the FAT!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #62  

I take it back... couldn't sleep with just 20 min of cardio, got back up out of bed and did 10 more min to meet my daily goal of 30 min hard cardio a day. I danced on my bouncer to country music videos. Whew.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Wow Horsey! Good for you! I need to be as motivated as you are. I'm in a bit of a rut.. starting to get lazy on the exercise routine. luckily, i'm still losing weight. But, I know I'd lose even more if I got off my butt!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #64  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm doing 30 minutes almost every day now. I was inconsistent last week since I was struggling to get healthy. I FINALLY feel decent enough to get back to regular exercise. The calorie counting isn't very consistent, but I am keeping a very faithful food diary. I think I'll drop more weight now that I am feeling better and can be more active. I'm so close to my year-end goal...I'd love to really blow it out of the water!! I've got to renew my motivation.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #65  

Ok let's go girls... two more weeks in Dec then we can close the month and have a semi new start in Jan! I've been mostly on this month but a bit off on some days. It's hard with the Holidays, too many temptations! Faithful food diaries seem to help, I use a print journal that has a blank page too, on the blank pages I'm trying to every day write notes from the Biggest Loser books - ideas and tips from those who lost, as well as other sources. Since I'm so moody I'm tracking my moods daily and my emotional eating too. Plus supplements I take. The first half of Dec has been great to mostly get back on track, now the rest of the month I want to be REALLY on track.

Biggest Loser plan for week 4 on is to increase the intensity of cardio training - to include intervals! I did the Body for Life plan for a time, and it's the same idea - you really rev it up in intervals if walking/jogging, bike, stair step, whatever - I like my bouncer, ever five minutes I just give it all I've got for about a minute then slow down a bit. Then the last few minutes I really "blast" it and go as fast as I can. They say you can lose a lot more weight with interval cardio plus you can do 25 min or so rather then longer steadier cardio! I get bored so THIS is more for me then long cardio sessions.

Also if you haven't added in the weight training we'll be doing that too. The book has a set of exercises too, but I like the Sculpting dvd. I've already been doing it a few times a week - and we KNOW that muscle revs up the metabolism and burns fat. So let's consider Dec our "getting back into a system" month and in Jan, we'll really go for it per the Biggest Loser plan? Ok girls?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #66  
Back at it...again!

Sounds good to me! I am literally just getting back into this as of this month, so it's good to have a re-setting month like this. Being down 10 pounds at the end of it is a wonderful bonus!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #67  

YES that's amazing 10 lbs in a month of "getting back into it"! My getting back into it isn't going as well - but I read this yo yo dieting is horrible for your body, and it's then harder to lose! Thus I'm going to have to work my tail off more it seems! And cut those "little cheats" of mine, also called binges.

Just think if we can keep this up I think we can be a whole lot slimmer by March, and then Spring! Can you picture wearing a cute spring top (nice thought here on a cold, snowy day)... and by Summer - another 12 week challenge after this one, a slimming Swim Suit? Let's go girls!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

My weight loss has slowed down. It is always exciting when you first start dieting and lose weight fast. I just have to stick with it. My goal is to lose 5lbs by the New Year. I have to get there. I need to kick it in gear and go to the gym more. I've been making excuses because I've been working more this week. No more excuses!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:06 AM   #69  

Great goal, 5 lbs by new year! WISH I could too...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #70  
Back at it...again!

I was just reading about how the first bit of weight loss is so encouraging, but mostly water-realted. Then it's the weight after that that really matters...the FAT weight. So, keep going Neesy, I'm in the same boat with a slow down, but we can make it count by sticking with it now! You deserve this, so head off to the gym and have yourself a kick-butt workout!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #71  

Me too, first weight was exciting and maybe it was mostly water - but I know my clothes fit better then the scale is going down. Some of these diet books say not to watch the scale closely especially the first month or even two, because the body is adjusting. Ok, I've done this before... I know it takes about two months of regular exercising to get the metabolism revved up again - and then after that it takes a few months of harder exercise including weight training to gain muscle to rev up the metabolism even more. Thus the Biggest Loser plan, this is HARD WORK but we can do it!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #72  

I'm thinking we also need to take our measurements, has everyone done that? Maybe every 2 weeks, or every month? The scale can be deceiving... How about we all do that at the end of Dec/Beginning of Jan. And now too for the record.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #73  
Back at it...again!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsey View Post
I'm thinking we also need to take our measurements, has everyone done that? Maybe every 2 weeks, or every month? The scale can be deceiving... How about we all do that at the end of Dec/Beginning of Jan. And now too for the record.
Good idea. I thought about doing that since I just started the 30 day shred too. I've heard people say what a difference it's made in INCHES even more than pounds. I just stink at taking my own measurements. Oh well, I'll do it tonight and get a "baseline".
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #74  

Me too, I'll get my "baseline" but I agree it's hard to get measurements, guess you just try to measure in the same place each time. Another "measurement" of course is a smaller sized pair of jeans, see how they fit now and then as you lose! I know my "fat" jeans are getting a "bit" loose.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #75  
Back at it...again!

I'm not brave enough to go buy a size too small for me. I guess I have one pair that are a little tight and I can use those as a measure of my progress. I'm hoping once my confidence is up again, I'll have the nerve to go buy a goal outfit. I'm planning to use it as an incentive/reward for myself once I'm down 10%.