3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Frighten Away the Fat~~Week 5!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/152694-w-o-w-frighten-away-fat%7E%7Eweek-5-a.html)

Holyteror 10-04-2008 04:44 PM

yeah it was a BIG shock for him to say that.....and he didn't deny saying it today...LOL

I'm planning on a somewhat relaxing day...i haz a sad though, the rain's going away :( it was nice while it lasted :) it'll be back..

ok off to get something to eat :) be back later!

jcatron243 10-04-2008 04:56 PM

AFternoon ladies. Bad Bad day, found out I need a new roof :( :( :( Pretty irritated right now. I did get in a 45 minute cardio workout :) but the rest sucks.

Nixmom 10-04-2008 11:13 PM

Fair Food + fat and bloated

Evening ladies! We hit the opening day of the fair for monster trucks, kiddie rides and corn dogs. I ate way more than I needed, but had a great day.

Mtiger - TBL was a beast to keep up with the first few weeks posting-wise for me last round. By the time the thread slowed down, I wasn't able to really connect either. Kinda why I didn't put it on my HOT list for getting signed up. I love the WOW gig though. Much more personal, and personable. :D:hug:

Holyt- yay for baby talks! Always makes me tear up around here. Probably because I know it'll never happen. WE HAVE 4 when you add up our babies, but not one together. Its okay, although the THOUGHT of it still twangs at the ole heart strings. :^: Good luck!

Jcat - The new roof blues. Did you get some rain that suddenly let you know you were in need? That is what happened to me. Have reroofed the barn and the house both in the last 5 years. Aint homeownership grand!

Okay, so felt like a little hottie today trampsing around the fair grounds. Had a good me day..... and DAY 13 OF NO SMOKING... it was nice not being one of the parents looking for a corner away from foot traffic to puff a quickie! I never had the balls to lean on the make shift railings right there are the rides and light up. Apparently there are plenty of those that do though! I did want a cold cold beer in a bad bad way!

Hope you all have a great Sat night and Sunday. I may not be back around until Monday morning. Be good to yourselves!

Grazer 10-05-2008 10:19 AM

Geez, I've been MIA this week. Looks like you're all WEEDin' away while I'm "ED"- eating and deviotional. I have a heel spur or something so I only managed some pilates a couple of times this week. Eating all kinds of carbs, not water, no cardio- scales up #2. TOM right around the corner. This week I'm not travelling so I should be able to get back on track. No WW points anymore for me- I am completely burned out. I'm going to try to concentrate on healthy and mindful choices. Let's see if that helps at all!

NurseMichelle 10-05-2008 02:05 PM

I've been MIA too!!! I think I may have finally kicked this two-week-long buggy thing....first it was cold/flu then that abdominal/UTI thing. I've just been lazy and sick, tired and unmotivated. But I guess I should get back on board.

Lots of overtime at work lately. One girl is on leave for hurting her back, another had her baby 4 weeks early (they are both fine and at home, though!) So I'm feeling the effects of that too, but Friday's payday made it WORTH IT!

Sigh...my house needs CLEANED...all I want to do is go to the library and get a good book and read in my jammies all day. Is that too much to ask? LOL

It was nice to read and catch up with you guys! Even when I don't post, I love to read and hear how you're all doing! No diabetes, no smoking! New roofs (can you get your insurance to pay for that? We are getting a new roof too, due to hail damage) BABY TALK! WoW! But ask Mindy, babies turn into rude 5th graders. ;) No audie:( Hopefully she'll pop on and realize we ask about her CONSTANTLY! I've been wondering if I should join the BL threads. But I did that once, joined that, this WOW thread and about four other challenges and felt burned out and felt obligated to keep up with the threads that I did worse on my weight loss, so I back off to just this one. I'm not much of an online persona anyways, I've lurked all over the web, but have NEVER felt the need to be a poster, but 3fc just makes me want to jump in there!

Speaking of cocoa pebbles, I just ate a BIG bowl of Golden Grahams, one of my personal sugar cereal favorites. LOL

I don't mean to harp (LOL yah right!) But if Amy would post her veggie soup recipe, I'd like to make a BIG pot of it tonight to keep me for the week. I could of course google it, or go to allrecipes, Or I bet WW has a good one. Or I could just do some broth, and a bunch of cans and tomato sauce. I just want a YUMMY recipe!

I think we are going to grill hamburgers/hot dogs for that last feeling of summer tonight.

Browns have a by week this week so my heart can remain intact another day. LOL How are your teams doing?

Well I guess the house isn't cleaning itself, eh? BACK ON TRACK tomorrow morning...or afternoon if I work tonight (see above mentioned overtime) I picked up for tonight 11p-7a but census was low so if anyone gets called off it will be the overtime person, so cross your fingers! I half want to work because of the money, and if I work I am more likely to get up and go to the gym tomorrow otherwise I'll have Rachel all day and can't get there. But it is work. LOL See you all tonight or on next week's thread.

xoxxooxoxoxoxo Michelle

Holyteror 10-05-2008 03:45 PM

lol dang i thought I had :)

I found this in a mini magazine at the front register a long while ago....i hope it helps you some :)

I'll get the slyders out to you soon!

Basic Soup Recipe

2 14.5 oz cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes with juice
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 tbs minced dried onion
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried crushed basil
¾ tsp ground thyme
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sugar
5-6 cups fresh or frozen non starchy veggies*

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except the fresh or frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil. Add veggies and simmer until tender. Makes 10 cups with an average of 60 calories and .4 grams of fat per cup.
*Use any combination of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, leeks mushrooms, green or wax beans, chopped spinach, zucchini, squash, celery, garlic, asparagus, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, peppers, chopped kale or collard greens.
Additions:
1. One cup of cooked pasta- use any type- provides about 200 calories, adding about 20 calories per cup of soup.
2. One cup of cooked brown or white rice provides an average of 240 calories, adding about 24 calories per cup of soup.
3. One cup of cooked dried beans provides an average of 250 calories, adding about 25 calories per cup of soup.
4. One cup of cooked potatoes provides about 130 calories, adding about 13 calories per cup of soup.
5. Each ounce of cooked lean beef added to the soup increases the total calories in the recipe by about 70 calories, or 7 calories per cup of soup.
6. Each ounce of skinless chicken (light and dark meat averaged) added to the soup increases the calories in the recipe by about 50 calories or 5 calories per cup.
7. Each ounce of shrimp (about 5 medium) added to the soup increases the total calories in the recipe by about 30 calories or 3 calories per cup.

Holyteror 10-05-2008 10:02 PM

dh made full fat hamburgers tonight. I got buns that were only 110 calories, i'll have to go pick up more. I should make patties up for the week but since I took tomorrow off from work, I can do that later. Wish I could get him to eat what I cook now, but hey, that's just more for me for later. Hopefully I can get a workout in tomorrow :)

NurseMichelle 10-06-2008 02:51 AM

WoW thanks!!! I love that they add in the calorie content with the add-in stuff. I think I'll put the pasta in it, I was imagining Olive Garden's minestrone soup. I didn't get it made tonight, but maybe tomorrow. I love all the veggie choices listed, I didn't think of all those beans....I can't wait. I bet using the tomatoes with jalapenos makes the soup spicy.

Back to work....yes I had to come in :p

jcatron243 10-06-2008 09:35 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...22#post2396122