3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Challenge ( Are you up for it??) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/151678-thanksgiving-challenge-you-up.html)

Christian 09-16-2008 06:41 PM

Thanksgiving Challenge ( Are you up for it??)

Hi ladies,

Wow it has been a long time since I started one of these on here, I used to put one in the TOPS ( Taking off pounds sencibly ) forum but it is now gone and I really could use a challenge to keep me on track and help me reach my short term goal by the Holidays, I hope more of you ladies jump in with me.

I do the South Beach Diet Plan, I am a 33 yr old SAHM and I want to lose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving...what are your goals?? :cool:

lumifan4ever 09-17-2008 04:54 PM

Hi Christian...I so need to join in this challenge with you. I am a full time worker and a full time mother and it is not easy to fit excersize in. I have successfully lost 62 pounds in the last 2 years and i have successfully put 11 back on in the last 6 months!! lol!! So...I need to lose that 11 and the last 10 or so i had left. I would like by Thanksgiving to have lost at least 11 pounds. But considering i am having such a hard time getting myself motivated and back on track...if i lost 5 i'd be doing good.

But there ya go. My goal for Thanksgiving is to lose 11 pounds. And thanks for starting the thread. We needed a thanksgiving one!! :-)

Christian 09-17-2008 05:11 PM

Welcome lumifan- I am so glad to have you join in with me...I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was going to join in :)

11 pounds is VERY doable and I am sure you will hit it by Thanksgiving for sure, You have done AMAZING with your weightloss to date and I think that with a little extra support we will both get back to where we want to be. I also am thinking about an exercise thread to go with this one so we will be accountable for exercise too...what do you think ??

Luckymomof2 09-17-2008 07:20 PM

You ladies mind if I join you?

Alittle about me.
My name is Shy, I'm 21 and a mom of 2.
I just had my second baby 6 weeks ago, my children are my life.
I didnt get heavy until I moved in with my fiance when I was 17, until then I was a pretty small girl.
I'm a stay at home mom and I dont drive, but I did just buy an elliptical to help me get the weight off.
My main problem is that I just LOVE to eat, lol.
I have been a member of 3FC before and lost some weight but stopped coming here when I found out I was pregnant.
Because I am breastfeeding my diet cant be too strict, but I am doing my best.
I am now 12 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, YAY!!
I wanna try for losing 12 lbs by Thanksgiving, that would put me at 130.

Starting weight- 155
Current weight-142
Goal weight- 110

edzard 09-17-2008 08:12 PM

I think I will join too! I don't like doing too many challenges but I need something to keep me moving forward. I am getting my bodyfat checked with the BODPOD on Saturday, supposed to be accurate and give me my resting metabolic rate!

So my goal will be to lose 15 pounds, I am gonna shoot big here!!! I usually try for low numbers like 10 weeks 10 pounds but I really want to get rid of this extra weight so I am gonna aim big here!

Start Weight 190
Current Weight 190
Goal Weight 175

And unless this gets too big lets just keep accountable every few days in here! Check in, let us know how onplan you are and how the exercise is going? That work for you all?

Thanksgiving Challenge here we come!!!!

Christian 09-17-2008 08:56 PM

:welcome: Shy and edzard!

Shy- your kids are just adorable!!! You lucky girl you! Oh and 12 pounds should be no problem for you , you have done amazing so far :D

edzard- I am hoping we dont grow too big here, about 15 or so would be good though to keep it going strong, I will be reporting in daily with my exercise and my food journal too, I think the more support we have the better we will all do, one thing is for sure...I am determined to reach the goal I have set by Thanksgiving and suprise my family, they saw me about 2 weeks ago and I looked alot heavier than I usually do, they were nice about it, but admitted they noticed, well not anymore, I am ready to keep it off this time :yes:

Today I did 1 and 1/2 hours of walking with a 3.5 mile total and it felt great , I am also on day 3 of the South Beach diet and finished it without a hitch, onward and upward ladies :cheers:

Luckymomof2 09-17-2008 10:32 PM

Thanks Christian, they are so special!

Well I guess I'll let yall know how I did today

B: Special K bar and a few pistachios
S: Some more pistachios
L: A sandwhich with whole wheat bread, mayo tomato, cucumber and turkey bacon
D: Carne asada burrito

Exercise: 20 minutes on my ellipical

So I could have done more exercise but with a 6 week old its hard to find the time and I didnt need that burrito, but I dont think I did too bad.

mkat321 09-17-2008 11:38 PM

mind if I join? Thanksgiving is a very special goal for me as my husband's deployment is supposed to be over by then! I had surgery in June and was unable to work out until just this past week, and the scale & returning flab show it :( I gained back half the weight I have lost this deployment :( It's all good though, it's all coming off.

I am following Tosca Reno's clean eating principles and weight training guidelines, as well as doing 2 videos {30 day shred and 1 other} every day M-Sa and kickboxing 2x per week.

There are 10 weeks til Thanksgiving, and I'm keeping my sights on a 'reasonable' amount of 10 pounds loss in that time.

Christian 09-18-2008 07:47 AM

:welcome: mkat321- Of course you can join in :D I am thrilled to have a military wife on the team, You hubby will be so glad to see you, and I am sure you can lose the 10 pounds by then and it looks like the eating plan and exercise you have will do the trick for sure :yes:

Shy- Your menu looked great yesterday, and I am with you on exercising with little ones, it is hard, but even 20 minutes makes a huge difference, done ever feel like that isnt enough, your doing great :D

WEll I have weigh in at TOPS this morning so we will see how I am doing then, I will post exercise tonight....

mkat321 09-18-2008 11:35 AM

Good morning ladies, just hopping on to share a mini nsv while I'm taking a lunch break. I ate breakfast this morning, which is something I haven't done in ages and ages. :)

Christian 09-18-2008 12:03 PM

mkat- Way to go on eating breakfast :D It really does help with hunger during the day .. at least it does for me :yes:

Well weigh in was good, I am down 2.5 pounds this week, So if I at least lose a pound a week I will be thrilled :carrot:

Luckymomof2 09-18-2008 02:44 PM

WOW Christian!
YAY for the 2.5 lb loss, you must have really been kickin butt this week.
I agree about the breakfast thing, it totally keeps me from eating a huge fatty lunch.
I'll be back tonight to [post everything I had for the day.

lene1974 09-18-2008 05:36 PM

Hi Christian! May I join too? I am having a very hard time staying motivated without being part of a challenge. Writing down my goals and progress really helps. I would love, love, love to lose 12lbs by Thanksgiving. I am also a South Beacher and a novice runner.
Thanks for starting this challenge!

mkat321 09-18-2008 07:30 PM

awesome on the loss, it feels wonderful doesn't it?

junebug07 09-18-2008 09:12 PM

I would love to join too! I am hoping for 16 lbs. by Thanksgiving. I want to be 150 by then. Count me in!