Old 10-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Frighten Away the Fat~~Week 6~~

Week 6???? Where has all the time gone>>>>>>>Time to get a move on and re-start, Keep up the hard work and just get in our WEED!!!!

I know I am a September dud so I am going to re-boot and kick myself into gear. My scale has been fluctuating horribly the last week, but I am somewhere between 149 and 157. No kidding. I could see going from 149 to 157 then back down but its back and forth. today it was 152. I hate the fluctuations but since TOM is a bit late (no preggers, just stress) I wont be back down for a while.

Last night I made salmon for dinner. I LOVE salmon but have never been able to get DH on board. but he tried it and liked it. Of course it wasn't very healthy drenched in butter but it was a start. Now I will start making it once a week with several different recipes. I am trying to get us down to red meat once a week since we are watching cholestoral.

Volunteering at Makenna's school today hurray! I just hope I don't go crazy.
W64 oz
E 35 minutes cardio done try for 30 more minutes later.
E1200 planned calories. Focusing on fruits and veggies
D get in that second 30 minute workout

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-06-2008 at 09:47 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

OYE VEY... it is Monday in my world in a big way. Busy kid weekend. Piss poor sleep all weekend including last night. Possible major life change and BF is leaving for Idaho for 2 weeks. I am going to soak up every last minute of the peace and quiet. I'm feeling overwhelmed, underappreciated, cheated and poor-me-ey. Okay thats all the time I'm gonna give to that sorry attitude.

I didn't do much working out this weekend other than walking the fairgrounds. Looking forward to getting back on track today and going balls out when BF leaves tomorrow morning. I think I am desperate to be responsible to NO ONE but me right now. I hope his 2 week absence is long enough for me. Ooops... tude creeping back in.

Lets keep it simple this morning...
W - 64 minumum
E - Abs, Walk
E - Do good and cook up tonight for rest of week
D - You reap what you sow.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Morning Nixie, Hate the unappreciated feeling. I hope it gets better for you.

Its amazing how fast plans change. Its been less than two hours since I posted and now instead of volunteering in maks class and then going for a second workout I am going to be taking Mak to the doctor because her eye is all red puffy and ithcy, eww. I hate pink eye. I hope it is just allergies combined with swimming (never reacted like this to swimming before though).
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday ya'll...! I'm awake!!!! I'm on board, and dressed to go to the gym. Of course, it didn't help that I set my alarm for 1:30 pm to go and work called at ONE O'CLOCK to ask me a question about a patient last night! They are usually very inconsiderate to night shifters, AND she sounded 'suprised' that I was STILL asleep?! Hm. Ok, let me call YOUR house at 1 am if you work 12 hr day shift and ask YOU if you are 'still asleep'???

But I think if I hadn't takent the call and gotten completely awake, I probably would have reset the alarm to get up in just enough time to get the kids. I go back in tonight.

So I'm going in to the gym, and I am going to go back to the all-cardio plan. I think I want to cardio down to about 210 then start lifting again. We'll see. I'll still do abs, but keep it to mostly cardio.

Oh Jeni, it'll be too late now since you are already going to the doctor, but I had an idea, does she have a sniffly nose? Rachel has done this twice!!! When she gets really runny/snotty nose, she'll wipe her nose with her hand and the swipe involves her swiping that junk into her eye (nice visual, huh?) I hope it's not pinkeye too though!

I tell ya Nixie I bet you feel lonely looking ahead to these two weeks (did I miss where is he going?) but this will be time to completely work on YOU. Concentrate on eating healthy, exercising, NOT smoking, but also maybe a little pampering, extra bubble baths, quiet reading time? a spa trip? I would like to offer you a special challenge......I'm on board with you, as a kick start for myself as well....two weeks should earn us each about 3-5 pounds and a renewed motivation....let's all just kick it into HIGH gear for these two weeks, get ourselves settled back into the routine we KNOW we need to be in. I'm ready! (at least right now I am!)

Amy, I'm making the soup tomorrow! I can't wait!!!

Well the gym beckons, I know Mindy, Jelly, MMavis, Lumi, AUDIE, will all be in today so HHEEEYYY! Check in later.

Tonight Mike has physical therapy between getting off work and will be there still when I leave for work tonight so I won't see him, but I will be able to make dinner, and eat healthily on my own. I'm thinking chef salad from my favorite Italian place, I know, chef salad=high fat calories but I think I'm okay if I make it three meals, which is how big and loaded this thing is.

xoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hello ladies!
I kid you not, it's been a rotten case of the mondays, and i'm not even at work. I dunno if i mentioned that i specifically told DH "DO NOT WAKE ME UP MONDAY MORNING."

he didn't listen. 6 am he wakes me up, and i remind him that i have a butt kicking on the way for him. I get up a while later with a headache....to discover that my dog pooped in the living room again. He's housebroken, he's always been housebroken. I don't know if he just had upset stomach or what...he seems to be doing ok though. Got that cleaned up, DH stayed up all night, how could he not see it or smell it when he walked into the living room?? frustrating to say the least. Plus, I called him and asked if he was gonna be home for lunch....he said that he was only coming home to change b/c they had him working something else this afternoon.......he had the nerve to say "I'll eat what you're making for lunch." I'd just woken up, and I had a headache and was not pleased with cleaning poop....and he wanted lunch.

I had to do dishes first....he didn't eat lunch here. sheesh.

OMG talk about gross out!! He didn't do the dishes from making the full fat burgers last night right? I had to clean that mess up. The grease solidified in the pan...on the range top.....and i really grossed out. To think I was eating healthy and not having that kind of mess that clogs up your sink.....i'm GLAD i'm eating healthier with less fat in the meat. Yeah it tasted good but to think I put THAT inside my body. I have to hit the commissary today, so i'll be getting my less fat ground beef and individual frozen veggie servings for stuff.

I need to get my butt in gear this month. I need to lose some weight....and I really need to get on track.

We were both invited to a party one of his squadron people is having at her house out in the middle of nowhere. Never been invited to a halloween party like this so i'm excited. I wanted to do one of the couples costumes but hubby's been real wishy-washy about it. I could always just go as Elvira and let him pick something to wear.

Last edited by Holyteror; 10-06-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Half brokey brain.....AGAIN
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, that is pretty much what the doctor told me. No pinkeye, but make sure she uses a tissue not her sleeve (duh, when I can) and wash hands and the normal stuff.

Amy, I would have layed the smackdown!!!

Did I tell you I am getting an ab lounge? Well, okay its not mine. My mom called and asked me if I want to borrow hers because she needs the space in her house at the moment. I have been trying to get it here for a year because she doesn't use it. I'm pretty excited I really need to start focusing on my abs.

Michelle, my goal is like yours, I need to start lifting (I know I do) but I want my weight to be down a bit more. I have been cardio-ing my way down and once I get to the 144 mark (my no longer overweight according to the BMI chart) I am going to slow the cardio to 30 minutes okay maybe 45 I am addicted to it you know, and start doing more lifting type things. I might get a personal trainer to start me on the road for lifting, I dont want to bulk up or anything like that, just help me tone and shape.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

yay jen!! that sounds cool! I got my kitchen clean thankfully and now i have the paper to write, groceries to buy, dinner to cook, and stuff to sew. no biggie LOL
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Happy Monday. I tried to count cals today. I was like up to almost 2100 cals and there was at least one thing I didn't know how many cals was in it. I thought I had eaten pretty good today- huge eye opener!!! I'm going to try to bring it down to around 1500 and see what happens. Exercise is in the tuber right now. I just can't seem to find the time; plus my heel isn't quite back to normal.

I'll try to get to personals tomorrow.

W- try to drink 3 glasses
E- 1500 cals?
E- something, anything
D- positive vibes to you all
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hey Grazie glad to see ya here...i wonder if the newbies got lost!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

My comp. i sgiving me fits tonight, so I hope this works.
I am on track eating and workout wise. Holding steady on the scale. With TOM coming, maintaining would be good.

Jeni- Hope you keep the snot out of Maki's eye.

Nix- I hope everything is okay. Major life changes, sounds ominous. Enjoy your me time.

Michelle- Glad you're feeling better. Let's make Oct. a good month. Only a few weeks left to this challenge.

Holy- I hate that when one of my dog (that know better) take a dump. What ya gonna do?

Grazer- Some foods are really shocking when you look up the calories. I usually eat about the same foods or I definitely look them up before I open my mouth.

Gotta run. I have amillion things to do and it's already 10:30 Here's to hoping this goes through.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Mindy,
I think he had a bellyache...he was making some smellies that were just WRONG but they're usually associated with a stomachache for him. Gee that's how well I know my dog....his treats have been VERY limited but mainly because Daddy's been asleep since he got home (and that was about an hour and a half after he left from changing clothes and going back into work)...he's doing ok though.

Been busy working on school and trying to relax a little, you know me. No luck though, I'll be out getting soda and stuff for lunch tomorrow late late tonight....
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Hi grazer, and Mindy.

Got in a short ab workout this morning. I am going to push myself all month long. I am working out on ALL of my days off. ALL of them even sundays (although this past sunday wasnt a big cardio workout i took the kids swimming and raced Makenna back and fourth across the pool for about 10 minutes.

I have to go and eat a bit of something, I have increased my amount of supplements so I must eat before I take them.

Oh Mak is doing a cheerleading clinic for the next 3 days she is so excited. DH is in charge of cooking dinner tonight.

W 64
E ab workout; extra laps if I can manage it
E 1200 planned cals
D hmm, stay awake through cheerleading
Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, cruised by this AM & saw ya'll and thought, I do so much better with my weed friends.

Shout out to NMichelle, thanks for missing all of us who've not been in. I love your heavy on the cardio idea. I think I will restart C25K today.

W 80 oz today - the ice machine @ work is broken, so much harder to drink it with no ice, don't know why...
E going off to do my crunches, walk at lunch and treadmill tonight to start c25k
E need to plan, need to journal, somewhere I am off plan, need to find the culprit.
D One foot in front of the other. ( and no more mindless hand to mouth exercising) I can do this, want to be in under 140 at the end of this month.

Last edited by mothermavis; 10-07-2008 at 06:19 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile

YAY FOR A BUSY THREAD! GLAD TO SEE WE ARE ALL COMING BACK TO LIFE!

Where to start -

Mindy - Hope the million things to do list goes smoothly for ya today. My Major life change is possibility of BF's 7 year old moving in with us. I have ended up being the stepmom extraordinaire in the past and was leaned on WAY too much. I just got my 19 year old out of the house and now this.... anyway... I don't have to think about it for 2 whole weeks because...

Nchellie - the BF is on his way to Idaho for deer hunting as we speak (type). Dropped him off at Grandpas and uncles this morning. Not scheduled to be back until around the 22nd. I AM SO IN ON A HIGH GEAR 2 WEEK MINI-ME (US) COMMITMENT. I would love to take off 5. Lets do it. TOGETHER SISTER!

HolyT- my favorite couples costume - clothes line attach 2 ropes between the 2 of ya and hang some underwear and socks on it. OR - have him tie a potato to his belt in the front of his pants and he can be a Dicktater - you can still be Elvira!

Mavis and Grazie - so glad to see you girls this morning! Hanging tough I assume?

Jcat - glad to hear Mak is pink eye free and simply needs snot removal training. I went through that with my son. Not sure he ever learned

Shari and Auddie - hurry back!

WEED Today
W - 64 GET THERE!!!!!!
E - Walk tonight & Abs
E - Just cooked up stuff for the next few days. Pack it. Eat it!
D - If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with! (that would be me!)

Have a good day ladies
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

LOL nixie i love the idea!

Nixie: I haven't had to deal with any big life changes since school and the house I guess. I hope things work out ok.

Hey MM glad to see you're here. I have that hand to mouth exercise problem too, I'm hoping to beat it today. I have rehearsal again tonight.

Jen: I have an owie on my eyeball. I thought of Mak right away LOL...looks like it's a bug bite on my eyelid. It was really tender yesterday and I rubbed my eyes before bed and boy did it hurt! I checked things out and saw that my eyelid's a bit puffy in the corner...for all i know it could be an ingrown eyelash instead of a bug bite. So long as I don't look scary I think I'll be ok.

Nchelle, Grazie, Mindy: hi! I hope you ladies had a great evening...

Jellybean, auddie, jlea....MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!