Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #286  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Soooo I have some questions....

First, how come no one told me that bicycle crunches hurt like THE DICKENS??? I did 100 during an episode of The Hills and I FELT THEM. Whew... I heard they are great for core strengthening and toning, so I'm gonna give in the good fight.

Next, how long should it take to do crunches? It took me about 20 minutes to complete the 100 with breaks in between. I did them slow and controlled, but I dont want to think Im doing a lot for my abs if its really crap.

And before I go... I've been drinking a ton of water for the past 2 days.. way more than normal and really fast. I wanted to flush out my system. I dont do this often or regularly at all, but can it lead it to some kinda infection? My mom says yes but I wanted more opinions.

Have a great night. I'm gonna watch more TV, read then hit the sack.

GO CAULDRON!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #287  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Sooooo much to do today, so just a short walk. Go s!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hello all!
Im having a down night. I guess im still doing good with the weightloss thing but its been really hard today. Im feeling depressed. Got alot on my mind.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Go team ! WOO!!!! no worries beachluvr, you can pick right back up. don't get discouraged.

Today I biked to class, not much but it's a start in the right direction. I also had my first night of bellydance for this session and my teacher is pretty hardcore. we did SQUATS and lots of butt-clenching. Which I am practicing right now, not that you wanted to know!

Tomorrow I will hit the gym for some serious cardio.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #290  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Default I'm Never Gonna Quit Cause Quitting Just Aint My Stick "Berry White"

Chickies waz new

MommaKinzie: I missed you and always think about you and that darn food journal. I know deep in my soul I should be doing that because so much of my eating is connected to what I am feeling or avoiding. Yesterday I ate Ice cream and cake three times later I figured out that I am feeling afraid because my job is ending just before Christmas. Then right after Christmas comes the taxes etc. Once I realized what was going on with me I was able to address it and move on "for the moment anyway". At any rate I am going to continue to address my health and weight issue no matter how small the steps are right now.

Julie99: Dang girl you Rock You working it out.

So I am not a I am a slow moving but hard working I can take that because they get a lot done with little to no help.
I did not make it to the gym today. Family drama. My DGS school made a mistake and put him on a school bus then told my daughter they were sorry but they didn't know where he was at but she should go home and see if he was on their porch.
WHAT Are They Crazy.
Then after all was resolved with him I went to sleep because I didn't sleep at all last night. I was up until 5:30 A.M stress really does me bad. That is why I try to keep my life calm and stable.

My Goodness I want to holla at so many people but I can't remember all those names.
Oh yea Msaguie I am so glad to see you still here and giving it another try. Heres to ya

Spiders anyone lost any weight. Ya'll better get busy losing weight if your gonna win cause Ya'll got me on the team. Shoot I'm slow and I only hang around winners just ing . So let me hear some noise.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #291  

Just checking in to say go team YEAH!
Well I had a hair appointment after work so I didnt get to work out tonight but I did stay OP. I havent been losing but I'm completly retaining water so I'm looking to lose that in a couple of days and see the results of my hard work.

You guys have got to keep me on track over the next couple of days, my parents are comining to town and we are going away for the weekend, that always makes it tougher. My mom is doing WW right now so that should help.

TORI
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #292  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Irish- Thats so cool that you are from Ireland. I want to visit there sometime. But good job on the weight loss and not gain, lol.
Thanks heather! Its not so great at the moment though, we're in an economic recession and for the past 3 months it hasnt stopped raining! but its grand all the same! If you ever do come over i'll give you a tour! Hope your feeling a bit happier today, and well done on your losses so far!!!

Last edited by IrishRover; 09-09-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Quick question: Does any one else find when they eat cold cereal for breakfast it sets you up to want to eat all day? I don't know why that is for me, but it triggers something every time. I want to eat everything that doesn't eat me first. Can some one relate? Can some one explain why this happens? I am having yogurt and fruit for breakfast Giggling.

Babygal~I am team spider I lost 1 pound! ~~~~Where is edjard, and lucy london? sprklmajik and sewgirl how are you doing this morning? Lets go team S P I D E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! I'm VERY SORRY for those of you that are struggling! Heather - Beach Just remember we're here for you!

As for the RL friends vs. here - I LOVE IT HERE! you KNOW what I'm going through - and you don't look at me and judge... it's SO nice!

Everyone make sure you PM me your weigh ins!

As for me - I took a sneak peek this morning, and the scale is happily moving further and further from the #190's!!! I'm still working to be in the #170's for my wedding - but we'll see. I've been stuck in the upper #180's for so long that 3184 seems IMPOSSIBLE!!! I'll keep going though!!!

I'm glad that all the teams are coming out and suppoting eachother - that's what it's all about!!! Ok girls - TONS of work today!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #295  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey there guys still alive, busy weekend with my sons birthday! He is 8 now and had a sleepover, on top of that I was finishing my canning, applesauce and pears so I was BUSY.

I am unable to check in until I get a scale, ours broke so Eny please don't drop me! I promise I am here I am working on it!!! Tracking my calories, need to figure out a new method of exercise, we are dropping our kung fu class so I can go back to school online ugh! Need to be more officially qualified. Gotta head out to work soon, have a great morning and see you chickies soon!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #296  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

When is your wedding, Eny? I bet you're super excited!

Got my workout in Cauldron (shower in a second! lol). 30 minutes biggest loser and 20 minutes stability ball. I love my stability ball. It makes my body feel so much better!

Ok, ok, shower then breakfast! Talk to you all later, and keep up the good work everyone!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #297  
Intuitive Eater

Hello everyone!

Ladies, please remind me NOT to eat white bread for the rest of this week!!! I made the mistake of having an Arbys turkey/bacon club (within my calories) but the white bread on that darn thing cost me 3 pounds of bloating overnight! AAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!! I gotta weigh in Friday for this challenge and the biggest loser ... can't afford a 3 pound gain like that! I'll be promptly flushing that out of my system with a ton of water today! But like tmil206 I'm not *too* worried about it. I've been on plan and getting in my 30 min of exercise, so I hope to actually have a loss when the water comes off. Don't give up on me skeletons! I'm workin' on it! I promise! It's only Tuesday, it's all good!

Dixiemae, that cereal you're eating, does it have high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in it? That is like public enemy #1 when it comes to cravings. Avoid it like the plague! The only cereals I will eat are shredded wheat (not frosted, if I want to sweeten it I sprinkle 1 packet of splenda on it) or grape nuts (I used to hate the stuff but have grown fond of it after switching over to it on the YOAD plan) and cheerios (tho it's got a little sugar in it). Cereal is notorious for having sugar and HFCSs in them. I stand in the cereal aisle checking out all the labels and it is amazing how high sugar is on the list of ingredients! Recently I chose to eat a sugary peanut granola bar (one of those salty sweet peanut bars) which was loaded with sugar and HFCS and it set me up for an all-day feeding frenzy! Read the info about cravings and HFCS in your YOAD book for a refresher. It still amazes me how that stuff affects me. Jeckyl and Hyde for sure!

Take care all and have a great day!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

BlueS~I have had a love for Cheerios for ever. Even when I was 5years old I can remember Cheerios were on the breakfast menu. Now a century later the love affair is still going strong. B U T when I eat a bowl with Splenda and 1% milk A. I am still hungry B. That hunger lasts all day~~I can't eat enough to feel full, so I keep eating and eating and eating hoping to feel full some time soon. It is T O T A L L Y crazy!. Like you said "feeding frenzy". I guess the moral of the story is leave the Cheerios alone. I can't handle eating them any more. Thank you for guiding me back to the YOAD book!! I will re-read. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #299  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
BlueS~I have had a love for Cheerios for ever. Even when I was 5years old I can remember Cheerios were on the breakfast menu. Now a century later the love affair is still going strong. B U T when I eat a bowl with Splenda and 1% milk A. I am still hungry B. That hunger lasts all day~~I can't eat enough to feel full, so I keep eating and eating and eating hoping to feel full some time soon. It is T O T A L L Y crazy!. Like you said "feeding frenzy". I guess the moral of the story is leave the Cheerios alone. I can't handle eating them any more. Thank you for guiding me back to the YOAD book!! I will re-read. Catch ya all later. Pat
You know what Dixiemae? Of the three cereals I mentioned, Cheerios is the one that I find LEAST satisfying. It even feels the lightest in the bowl per serving (like I've got a bowl of air, lol). If you do eat it, try adding some fruit to bulk it up. (I like to add bananas or sometimes strawberries.) The added fiber from the fruit will help you feel fuller longer!

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 09-09-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #300  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

164 this morning... Im so tired of my weight fluctuating! I really thought I was gonna keep going down. Looking forward to my Saturday weighin, and the start of TBL Challenge. I hope I'm DOWN by then. UGH..... about to do 100 bicycle crunches with TV on. I'm gonna keep on pushing and that daggone scale will go DOWN! See ya'll soon, ladies!

LOL... Dixiemae, I read your post about cheerios and cracked up about "a century later"... That would make you about 105, but I bet you're still sexy!
Closed Thread