Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

ENY ~ HA HA ...I didn't even notice you were saying it was Monday!!! LOL! And I promise to PM the answers this time instead of posting...LOL

Dixie ~ Without getting just extremely technical.....the reason that MOST (not all) cereals leave you feeling hungry is because they are usually high in sugar and carbs and mess with your blood sugar....its the same theory behind cakes, cookies, ice cream, chips, white bread, and white potatoes.....you eat this food that is full of sugar (and since it is it is kinda high in calories...I mean you can eat it and be in your calorie range but you don't get much...if you eat enough to be full then its gonna be alot of calories) so now you have this huge sugar release in your body which signals your pancreas to secrete the hormone insulin....and alot of it cause it is signaling a bunch of sugar.....then the pancreas usually produces too much insulin and your blood sugar drops......this decrease in blood sugar (while having too much insulin present) sends out the hunger signals (growling stomach, hunger pains, etc) and makes you thing your hungry....

IF I'm gonna eat cereal....I try to do it as a snack and not a full meal...cause in order to eat it and feel satisfied and stay within my calories I can't eat much..... For breakfast try to stick with lean meats, eggs or egg substitutes, whole wheat bread....etc. Hope this helps

Heather ~ Glad the scale is still moving in the right direction....I did a practice weigh in today and I'm back at 236 which is where I started the challenge...so I have till Friday to try to lose 1-2 lbs for the challenge and the team!!

IrishRover - what day are you weighing in on...I think me, you, and Lisa are the only ones left to weigh in on team I think both Lisa and I are weighing in on Friday! on your weigh in...hope you got the scales thing resolved.

Lisa43 ~ on the Friday weigh in...I will be right there with you!

Babygal ~ Did you notice I saved the best for last ....LOL! Well....I know you were trying to take it one day at a time and 9-8 didn't work out so well as you had planned BUT don't let that affect 9-9 okay!!! Everyday is a new chance to make the right choices in life to get what you want!! So get up and move girly! Even if you just turn on some jams and dance around all crazy with your kids!!! Have some fun...get a little release in there from some good exercise...you'll feel better and be glad you did! As for the food journal.....take it one day at a time too...this should be easy....just go to the dollar store or somewhere and get a cheap notebook that is only for food journaling.....weither you do it in the morning...after each meal....a couple times a day...or at night....make it a priority.....sometimes if the food part of your lifestyle isn't falling into place we just think, "What is the point in exercising....I ate like crap today!" So we don't exercise either....I bet if you get the journaling down and target your problems you will get the exercise back on track too....Check out Dr. Phil's book "Ultimate Weightloss success" see if your local library has it!!

Hey everyone....hope all is going well! Have a great rest of the day!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 09-09-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #317  

I'd like to join! My goal is to lose 12 pounds by Halloween. Let me know what team I'm on!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #318  
At it again

I usually spend my time in the Challenge threads because I found them to be the most motivational for me. But today, I spent some time reading the Goals and Mini-Goals and can I tell you what I decided?

Each time I want to eat more or eat something that I shouldn't and each time I'm thinking of relaxing instead of working out, I'm going to go back to those threads and read just one story. If I still choose to eat or sit, than so be it, but I think 9 times out of 10, I'll be inspired to make a better choice! Many of those stories are just amazing!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #319  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Hey chickies, especially witches!
I had my weigh in today and.... i lost 2 pounds!!! im absolutely thrilled because i was sure i had gained! so thats also a 2 pound loss for team witch!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 155/151/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey dixiemae and babygal, I am here on team spider. I did lose this week, 3 pounds It might be mostly that first week water loss but I don't care. Last week seemed very easy to stay on plan but I know from experience that the second week gets harder. I lose my enthusiasm, you know? Today was good, though. My work offers a free Pilates class weekly and it was an hour of hard work today. Also, a coworker brought fudge and I had just a very small piece and was able to keep in my calorie limit, too.

So one day at a time for all of us.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Blossom View Post
I'd like to join! My goal is to lose 12 pounds by Halloween. Let me know what team I'm on!
Apple - The cut off for the Teams was Friday - but you are MORE THEN WELCOME to join us! We have individual things as well, along with fun quizzes and such. It's just too difficult to add in late comers to a team and keep it even.

I hope that doesn't turn you off!!! Check the previous page for this week's quiz and PM me the answers! I've added you to the roster as an individual... there are a few of you floating about.

Rmc - I agree there is NOTHING more motivating then reading people's goal stories.. the struggles, what worked what didn't - the fact that no matter what, no matter how long it took THEY PERSEVERED!!!

Alright girls - the little one is feeling ill and the fiance is feeling neglected... time to go do my "other jobs"
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #322  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I've had a horrible eating day today... Bleh... I'm done eating until the morning.

I hope you all dont mind me reflecting or venting. I know that I have NO ONE to blame but myself... I'm really upset that my eating went awry today. There was no reason for it. I was't hungry and now I'm stuffed, uspet, and scared to get on the scale tomorrow. I'm gonna go do some dancing then some core work, and some late night housework. I really need to make sure that I stay focused because days like this cannot happen often. Bleh.

Last edited by Tamara; 09-09-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #323  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

My gosh this thread is moving fast!

Well done to all of you who are posting losses
Hopefully I can too on Friday
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #324  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Default I Got the V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Did I spell that right? I was to fat to make the cheerleading team

But I was just fat enough to make the S-P-I-D-E-R DREAM TEAM. Yea spiders there are folk that dream of being on this team. They saying I wanna be a spider~ Eny why can't I be a spider
APPLE BOTTOMs I mean APPLE BLOSSOMIf you give me that Rock maybe I can workout I mean work somin out with you.
Apples: Com on lets get buzzie girl, we got to work it out.

Mommak: I am doing good today. I walked two miles and sat in the steam room for a little while. I didn't eat so good at work but I paid for it, man did I get sick. I know I can't have milk but silly me just had to push it one more time. I got that Wendy's shake and OMG was I sick. Won't be doing that anytime soon. I have a journal but just haven't stared writing in it yet. That Dr. Phil book must be a good read. What is that YOAD book about I keep seeing mentioned.

Lisa43: Did the Flat Belly Diet work. If I lose my belly I probably won't be overweight, well maybe overweight but certainly not Obese.

Whew, when I lose this belly ya'll gonna see me on T.V because I really am a superstar under all this fat.

Edjard, Lucy London, and Sprklmajik are all out working out, they getting ready for the big weigh in.

Serenity: When you make that list will you please share it with us? And thanks for sharing that site. Not sure how I am going to use it but thanks for it I am sure it is going to help a lot of us.

Eny: Hi boo, you still doing you. Hair, nails, toes, legs, etc.??? Ha, whaz up? No slacking cause you engaged now. Ya got to keep Ya stunt-in status up.

Where is that sexybrokechick???? R U out there. HOLLA back

I am going to eat me some without cheese or butter good night chickies
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Jadey - isn't it GREAT??? I LOVE THE ACTIVITY!! If I don't personally post to you - please don't be offended.. it's just moving so much and my attention span is itty bitty!!!

Tam - hang in there - it's ok to have a day like that every once in awhile. Don't beat yourself up hon! Remember - you are making HUGE adjustments in your life... you can't expect your body and mind to give up the old habits over night... or heck really ever. This is a constant battle - and it's never going to "easy". Being Fat is hard, Losing weight is hard, maintaining is hard... choose your hard! (I stole that from someone's signature, but can't remember who's right now to give credit!! If you're in here - you have permission to call me otu! )
I think a lot of peopl are weighing in Friday! Just remember that the deadline to get your week 1 weighin to me is 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday night! I have to have time to put everything together and such to post results on Saturday Morning. (which will probably be afternoon since I to sleep in!!!)

ALSO - JUST TO HELP ANOTHER THREAD - THERE ARE SEVERAL OF US IN HERE THAT ARE ALSO SIGNED UP FOR THE TBL-WE ARE FAMILY CHALLENGE... MAKE SURE YOU POST YOUR INITIAL WEIGH IN ON THE WEIGH IN THREAD FOR THAT CHALLENGE BY FRIDAY AS WELL!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hello!
Tamara-Its ok, im sure we all go through those days. Let me tell you, it took me almost 50 days to jump on the wagon. I wrote blog after blog and couldnt stop eating bad, I still have my days but it will happen. One bad days isnt gonna make or break you.

Rmc I also find the Goals! threads to be motivational. I actually have one bookmarked that was really inspiring to me and I look at it every so often.

IrishYay, for losing 2pds. We are awesome, well right now YOU are awesome,lol. Go witches!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #327  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

ENY!!!!! I'm here!

Is that our Baby I see?!

No, I'm not 'officially' back and believe me, I am going INSANE without my girls! My goal for this challenge is 10lbs so:

SW: 258.4
GW: 248.4

Send me good thoughts Enylove!

I didn't get that valet job and I'm madder than a bull seeing red! They say I'm not qualified. How can I not be qualified for a job where the only qualifications are a valid driver's license?! Something stinks. I think the probably all male panel has a problem with a little lady parking cars. Also my friend says they might not have liked the fact that I don't have a Texas driver's license. I've been working for the VA for two damn years and you're telling me that I can't get the job because I have a valid DL from another state?! Are these people on crack?! *breathe* We'll see. I'll take this to the director of the hospital if I have to. I HAVE to get out of food service before I go crazy!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #328  
Intuitive Eater

Jadaybaby, this thread sure does move!

And to everyone, like Eny said, it's hard to keep track of everyone in such a busy thread, so I hope no one is offended if not mentioned by name. We're all in this thing together, so, "Hi group!"

Babygal, it may be some time but I'll be working on the list. Mainly I plan to make it consist of things I like, but I like a lot of different foods, so it should include quite a bit ... that is if I can actually do it -it may end up being another one of my "too time-consuming" projects that gets put on the back burner. lol But I will definitely post something if and when I can get it together!

Hang in there Tamara. You've got a great attitude about getting some exercise in on a day like today. Usually I go the route: "Well, I blew it, may as well not exercise." Dumb, I know!

Congrats to those who've lost!

And to those of us who've gained ... c'mon, we can do this! HOCUS FOCUS!!!!!

Welcome Apple Blossom!

OK, gonna run. Gotta get on the treadmill! Take care everyone!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #329  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. I've been so busy today I haven't posted. It's hard for me to keep up with this busy thread.

My eating was okay today. Not grand but not horrible. I've been POOPED the last few days. I'm moody and run down with lots of back and neck aches. I don't know if it's the big change in weather that we're having here, or if it's the new eating style, or if I'm just wound down for some reason. Normally when I feel poopy I use it as an excuse to cram lots of sugar and grease in my mouth, but this time is different and it's because of this challenge! I wasn't sure I would enjoy a challenge but this is really just what I needed. So thanks chickies for always being here posting about your progress, and even your bad days. It makes me feel better just reading and knowing that I'm not alone.

Let's keep plugging along! My weigh in day is Friday.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

This thread is so active. Last week I was on vacation and at least able to read the posts, even if I wasn't able to comment on all of them. Now that I'm back at work, I don't even have time to read everything!
It sounds like most people are doing well, trying to stay motivated. KEEP IT UP!
GO TEAM BAT!!!
Closed Thread