W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge Week 8 LAST WEEK!!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hidey Ho ladies how are we doin today??
  • Wow, last week of the challenge. Hard to believe.

Seriously, Amy, you kill me with all the teasing. Now you know you have to post recipes on individual low calorie CHOCOLATE CAKES. And while you're at it, can you post the White Castle sliders recipe too????? PLEASE!? You have these fabulous recipes. You should start a thread, like a mini cookbook thread, post all your favorite recipes so I can just print them all out.

I can't wait to hear about the anniversary Disney trip! I bet Jeni had the time of her life!

Mindy 208 sounds AWESOME! Even better than the 209, just making the under! 208 sounds like you are SOLIDLY in the 20_'s LOL.

NixMom, hope the smoking ban is still in full effect.

Audie, I know you are lurking around here somewhere too.

Shari, I bet you're around here somewhere too.

Lumi, hope you join us for the next challenge.

Speaking of the next challenge, I think we all agreed that it would be a Halloween challenge, I just know you gals have some cool creative names for it....Frighten away the Fat?

Today is open house for Robert...his school starts Wednesday. Funny how we wait all summer for school like it can't come fast enough, and now we're like, is it really school time ALREADY!? What happened to SUMMER?!

I work tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday night. Seems like a busy week but that makes me a three day weekend! Actually, I'm off Monday night too for the holiday, work Tuesday night next week, then Mike's operation (his shoulder) is thursday so I'm trying to find someone to pick up my shifts Thurs, sat, sun so I can take care of him, not to mention he won't be able to take care of the kids himself.

Talk at ya'll soon. xoxoox Michelle
  • i'll get them into word docs and email them if you like...just send me a pm. They're not my recipes but others that i've picked up along the way.

I really need to put an effort into the next challenge. The scale is going the wrong way and i'm not doing anything to prevent it from doing so. TOM's on the way and i ate nearly an entire bag of sunflower seeds yesterday while doing schoolwork...that obviously doesn't help. I was really bummed about it this morning but I brought my weight loss journal in, and started writing in it. So far I'm doing ok foodwise. It's dinner that always gets me.
  • HI ladies. I'm Back! I did have a good time, I will try to tell the whole story later. The guilt bug came and went and came back again. but we managed to have a good time just the two of us. I ate some good food and I drank some good alcohol (didn't over do it though). I am completely exhausted. I work tomorrow so I will post a nice long story on Wed. I will let you know my weight in the morning.
  • Hey Jen glad to have you back
  • Wow, funny how real life has gotten in the way of my plans. I missed 3 workouts, ate some crap at a wedding, didn't post yesterday. YIKES!!! Well, I am back on track today, ate right and worked out. I walked a mile then ran 1.5. It felt good and I could have gone longer. Look out! I think Mindy is becoming a runner.

I was going to make some yummy stuff yesterday but just ran out of time, with all that's been going on in life lately. Didn't get to it today either, but I did workout. YEAH!! My weight is sticking around 208-209 so that's good. I am really trying not to do that mid-cycle gain.

Jeni- Glad you had fun.

Holyt and Michelle- let's cook some yummy stuff.

See ya tom.
  • Morning girls how are we today? I managed to get all my weed in....other than overdoing my calories by about 200 cals.....other than that i'm good. I made turkey meatloaf cupcakes this morning with a sweet potato cooked and mashed. that'll be with soup and a salad today
  • *crickets chirping* Hello? is this thing on?? we must all be preparing for a super healthy labor day celebration
  • Okay ladies. Scale was about as expected gain of about 5 pounds but I think with proper eating/drinking/working out it will come back off soon.

I worked today and slept in so I didn't get a chance to post before work. It was an okay day, not bad, not good just ok. I ate fine till after work (umm right now) but I will get back into the swing of things.

My trip story (try to be quick):
    Thursday dropped the kiddos of at my moms, left at 1245 to head to portland. Stopped for lunch on the way, then got outrageous acid reflux (I guess it was mostly nerves) Stopped about an hour into the drive for some Tums. Checked into our hotel at 415. Went to movie and dinner. (applebees, had a red apple sangaria for the first time: YUM)

Friday up at 345am got the 430 shuttle to the airport got through check-in and security in 15 minutes had 2 hours to kill. Boarded our plane early and the plane took off 10 minutes early Landing was very rough. Expected to be at the parks at 1, but got to the hotel at 1030 Realized when we got to the hotel the zipper broke on our suitcase and we were lucky we didn't lose all our stuff. Hit the parks and rode all the major rides in 5 hours (lines were so short!!!)

Saturday got annual passes Ran back and forth between the parks! had a wonderful time. every once in a while got sad and missed the kids. (They were camping and barely noticed we were gone ). Passed out by 1000pm,.

Sunday hit the parks till 3. had to buy a bag to shove our stuff in for the flight home. Shuttle left the hotel at 340, got to the airport by 415 (they told us it would take an hour) through check in and security by 420 we had 3 hours to kill at the airport. Got dinner and drinks (holey cow 2 side salads 1 plate of nachos and 2 drinks cost us $60 YIKES) Talked to the kids on the phone for a while then hopped the plane and slept half the way home. Got to my moms at 115 am. crawled into bed with the kids slept till 7.

Monday, home, school clothes shopping, home bed.

Weather was beautiful.

Ok really have to run, DH;s brakes went out so I have to go and get him.

I'll start back on the weed tomorrow!
  • It is really quiet around here. Where is everyone? Nix, Aud, MM? Well I did my run tonight and went 1.8 miles in one stretch. That's .3 longer than yesterday. I am trying to get up to 2 miles at once. I think I'll be there soon. I also did 2 sprints of about 200 yards. I felt like I was Jackie Joyner, but I was probably actually pretty slow. Oh well. It was fast for me.

Jeni- Your trip sounds like a whirlwind of activity. I'd be tired out and ready for a vacation. Just going back to work the last 2 weeks has me coming home today and taking a nap. Yep, I took about an hour long nap. What can I say? Those meetings today were boring but taxing. Have to do it again tom. Better go do some things before bed.

See ya tom.
  • Morning ladies! well a clingy child stopped me from working out this morning, now i will work out on my wii fit then go for a run tonight. Scale was much better today 2 pounds to go till last weeks weight!

Mindy good job on running! you will start noticing the changes in you body.

I'm going to post an invitation thread for our halloween challenge! what r we gonna call it?

W64 oz
    E wii fit 30 minutes 30 minute run
    E1200 planned calories
    Dhousework love my clingy son
  • Hi girls!
    Jen - Yay for a fun, safe trip! Bonus on the short lines! Glad your back!

Mtiger - you animal sprinting around like a mad woman! Love it!

I have been swimming out my arse with work and home. Sorry I got here so late this week. Am getting pressure from coworkers to go join in something at the moment. Will be back tonight to catch up!

Have a great day all!!!!
  • been pretty on track the last couple of days....got in an extra workout last night with rehearsal. Had to deal with DH stupidity again which resulted in me sleeping on the couch to avoid strangling him in his sleep LOLOL

At 5:25 he comes running to the living room to tell me my alarm's going off. DUH lol

I got up, worked out on my Bean, cooked a healthy lunch and breakfast, and used my cell phone alarm to get my butt in gear.....giving myself 10 mins for the shower, 10 for the contacts and face...and was out the door half an hour earlier...mind you i was up a half hour earlier but i got a workout in AND prepped my meals for today this morning. That's a positive for me
  • I did BL DVD tonight instead of running. I can't run every night. The lunges were a bit difficult on my knees, so I didn't push it too much. I am experiencing my mid-cycle gain. I was up to 210.6 today, but I am not freaking out, but waiting for the new month, and then I expect to see it go back down. That seems to be the trend.

Jeni- I knew you would drop back down quickly. Someone had mentioned naming the new challenge "scaring away the pounds" or something like that.

Nix- Good to hear from you. Hope your week goes well.

Holy- Good job on getting up, cooking and planning your day. I'm lucky to just get out the door.

See ya all tom.
  • I did another ab workout at lunch....boy did it HURT!! I need to grab some frozen veggies tonight so I can make a stir fry for tomorrow. I had 2 low carb tortilla quesadillas and am hoping to stay out of the kitchen. I could eat the salad i had packed with my lunch today. I didn't eat it earlier. At least sticking to the veggies helps. Then again I could have another bowl of veggie soup. I still have one more bottle of water to go for the day to meet my goal. TOM should be here tomorrow, he's making me cramp