Couch to 5K Challenge - Week 3!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • UPDATE: Caught up to you momma, did W3D2 just a bit ago. It went a bit better, but I won't lie, it still hurt!!!

I hope I'll be able to push on to week 4 next week, but I'm scared I'll have to repeat week 3. I'll just have to see what my body can handle.
  • I'm with you Wendi. I haven't done day 3 yet but planned on it tonight. Day 2 was a lot better but my shins hurt some....my breathing I can tell a world of difference already. I'm with you on the week 4 thing.....what I may have to do is Mon and/or Tues week 3 and try to do week 4 on Wed....

So my plan is to start week 4 by Wed...if in the middle of day 1 week 4 I just can't do it I will finish the work out with week 3 but will try every day for the rest of the week to do week 4.....I will continue starting the work out to do week 4 (finishing doing week 3 if I can't do 4) until I can do week 4 for at least 3-4 days.

You know...I keep doubting myself each week but each week it really isn't as bad as I think it is.....you just have to push your self....and don't quit when you only have those last 90 seconds to go.....just keep telling yourself...it is only 90 stupid seconds and I'm better than that!
  • Quote: You know...I keep doubting myself each week but each week it really isn't as bad as I think it is.....you just have to push your self....and don't quit when you only have those last 90 seconds to go.....just keep telling yourself...it is only 90 stupid seconds and I'm better than that!
    I hear you there. I may b*tch a lot, but in the end, when I'm on the last minute of that 3 minute run, I just tell myself what a bum I'll feel like all night if I can't stick out... 1 minute < all night.

Your plan sounds like a good one, throwing in an extra day, or maybe 2 of week 3. I'm just waiting to see how I do on my last day of w3.
  • Yay! Just finished Week 2, Day 3. Definitely improving . It's still hard, but I didn't have any of those "Oh God, please tell me this interval is over in the next 2 seconds" moments . Not that I feel light on my feet, but I don't feel so elephant-ish either. I *sooo* wish vacation wasn't interrupting my progress here , not that I would actually give up vacation .

So, I'm off on vacation tonight until next weekend. I'll be at high elevation, so I don't know that I'll be able to do any running, but we'll be in a campground, so I plan to do *lots* of walks every day. Catch you when I get back, don't get hurt! .
  • hey guys!

i have been doing this like once a week because i work with a trainer who trains for free in a local park near my house... well the jogging things she has me do are very similar to what the couch to 5k program has me doing. i know i am progressing and will try to pick this back up on my morning walk/jog but i am having to rest my shins because they had gotten unbearably sore

i am at about w2d3 so i am catching up slowly but surely

congrats to all of us who are sticking with it!!! we are so strong!
  • I just did week 3 day 2....kicked my butt..nuff said!
  • Hey guys! Im finally back n the world of internet connections. I did 2 days of week 3 so far.. and as expected.. it's kicking my butt. I did it... but it wears me OUT. That second thre eminutes is WHIPPING mybehind!! I decided to give my knee a couple days to chill out and i will no doubt do day three tomorrow.

Good ideas on extending the weeks.. haha I dont know why it never even crossed my mind to do that. Im trying to decided to if i shoudl stick to week 3 for an extra week or so to become more comfortable with it. I dont wanna puch myself past my limits andfeel defeated.
  • Hey Ladies I would love to join ya! I am actually on week 5 day 3 tomorrow! That means I have to run for 20 minutes straight. I just seems daunting, but I think it will be okay. I actually did fine with w5d2. I will let you know...everyone keep up the great work! We can do it!
  • dolly - OMG I'm dreading week 5... just jump on in here...you can let us know what you are feeling/going through being ahead of us and all.....so we know what to expect!

Fauxtini - I missed ya girl! Glad your back and hope you had fun....no more passing out! You probably should go to the dr. and make sure it was nothing serious!!!

Jessicaca- So glad to finally put a face to a name!!! Your soooo pretty! I think we are all BEAUTIFUL / STRONG ladies!

Julie - Congrats on finishing week 2....maybe you can get 1-2 days of week 3 in before the end of this week.....or at least try them out....keep up the good work!

Wendi - HOLY POOP!!! Not next week but the week after that during week 5 day 3 we have to jog for 20 freakin' minutes! Well....I can see now its all gonna go to poop from here...LOL!!!
  • Thank you for the compliment Melissa!!!
  • Jess: I agree with Melissa.. what a cute picture you've got posted! I think we should put out a 3fc hotties calender to raise money for a charity or something!! hehe

Melissa: Im feeling a million times better today. Gonna save my day 3 C25K jog for tomorrow and just hard core walk it tonite. Don't wanna push myself too too hard right away. If i start feeling weak again.. I will be first in line at outpatients. No worries

Is anyone else thinking of re-doing week 3 again next week?
  • I just got done with week 3 day 3....I ended up doing 3 sets...that last 3 minute jog would have liked to have killed me! I don't remember what week 4 is like but I hope I can do it!

Thats a GREAT idea Faux!!!!
  • I did W3D2 today, I'm a little behind since the Man came home, always something to do 'instead' which is bad for me, I know! Tonight he picked up huge piles of wings, chips, and gravy. I thought he got it, but I guess not. I feel queasy, and I'm going to tell him so.
  • Oh I think in week 4 we have to jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 3 min....I don't know but I hope I can jog 5 minutes....I just don't know but I'm still gonna try....week 5 day 3 we are supposed to jog 20 minutes straight....I just don't know about that either but we will see!

I did day 3 of week 3 today...I think I 'm gonna try to do day 1 of week 4 tomorrow and if I can't get though it maybe I will be able to by Monday or Tuesday and still get my 3 days in for next week....

Good luck everyone....
  • I did my week 3 day 3 today too. I'm gonna try my best to do week four.. good idea Melissa.. to start practicing right away.

3minutes sounds so short but well.. it's not when im tryng to jog! I'm going at a snails pace by the second 3 minute interval.. but hey.. slow is better than not at all! I can do it.. i can do it! Come on over five minutes.. i'm gonna kick your butt! (slowly.. but I will kick it! hehe)