Couch to 5K Challenge - Week 2!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • hello everyone! i am peeking in here to see if i can join?? i am actually going to do w1d3 today so i will technically be on week 2 for the weekend. i agree that i feel so strong during and after i jog and i can feel my body working. if you'll have me i'd love to support this group.
  • Welcome Bjeweled! Join right in!

Everyone's working so hard-whoo hoo

I did week 2 day 1 today and did not do well with it at all.

I'm wondering if I should just repeat week 1? How well are we susposed to be running?
    Last week I was doing pretty good in that my form was great even if my speed was s-l-o-w. But today, half way thru I couldn't even do my "runs" anymore so I just fast walked. I made sure I kept it up for 30 minutes though. And that, for me, is amazing.
  • Welcome, Bjeweled!
    I did day 1 a couple of days ago, and day 2 today. I dragged myself for most of it, but now I feel great!
    The sun is out, and I'm being careful to not use it all up at once. Right now I have enough to share!
  • Lol, you must have mine again, cause they're forecasting rain for the next several days! Makes me smile, cause all this rain and cloudyness has kept the temps under 100 for about a week.
  • Do you mind me asking at what speed you all do your walking/running if any of you follow this program on a treadmill?
  • hey gals!

i started last week and i have yet to begin week 2 ive been doing small workouts but TOM has me more exhausted than usual. i feel like ive been working 20 hr days!!!! i usually do c25k in the mornings be4 work but i am dog tired sleeping through alarms and everything. *sighs* i will try friday morning but i feel awful... i have been eating very healthy even though i havent been as active this week so i dont understand this lack of energy....grrrrrrrrr
  • Quote: Do you mind me asking at what speed you all do your walking/running if any of you follow this program on a treadmill?
    i walk at 4.0 and run in the 5.5 to 6.5 range at the moment depending on how i'm feeling at that particular interval....
  • I usually go on the trails near my house. I run when I can and walk when I have to. I'm usually gone for 35-50 minutes. I really dragged today (day 3). Goodness, pals, you should have heard the whining and complaining! I wasn't going to go, but I was done staining the deck for the day, and there was suddenly the loveliest breeze, and it was still very warm in the house, so I had to go!
    It was nice and sunny, but it might rain tonight, so I'm glad I got that done!
  • Oh geez....I only have one day of four done so far! I'm in a diet/exercise rut right now which really sucks! I hoped a new month plus this challenge would help motivate me! URRRRgggg August is almost over with...its already half way gone!

I gotta get with it....I have 3 more days of week 2 left and I gotta do each one of them...wish me luck!
  • You can do it , Melissa! I can never get myself out the door.. but once I have my ipod on and I 'just do it' i feel so much better when it's done. but you already know that! yoooouuuuu can doooo eeeeeeet!

Im having a pretty crappy day, life wise. I swear this us immigration/marriage visa is pretty much going to be the living end of me! Everyday there's a new issue. But I will NOT allow myself to slack in the eating right/exercise world. I dont want two things going wrong. I keep telling myself that everytime im caught with my head in the cupboard looking at food.. lol

I will no doubt do a fouth day this afternoon.. just hunting for some inner peace first..

DOing great everyone!!
  • yay! i did the last day of week one yesterday and will w2d1 tomorrow!!!! TOM is over and my energy is back!!!

melissa, fauxtini, kofarq - its all about getting it done! if whining helps u get yr butt out there (it surely helps me lol) then whine away! you will feel so much better if you do it!
  • Ok I finally got day 1 of week 2 done...it took everything I had to get on that treadmill and I did it and I felt good after! I thought it was going to be harder than it was seeing I haven't done anything in a week but it went well. So I will be doing it saturday and sunday as well.
  • Joining the crew of lazy butts! Once again I put off my second run day until friday >.< ahh well, I did it, and that's what matters. And it was hard, man my calves burned by the end! I sure hope next week doesn't kill me, I'll be bummed if I have to repeat weeks so early!
  • I just plain walked for 30 minutes today.
  • Well, apparently the ache all over my body on Monday when I did week 2 day 1 wasn't my muscles rebelling, but the beginning of the mother-of-all-flu-infections.

I've been in bed the last 4 days, which is so totally unlike me it's not funny. I dragged myself out of bed this morning, and managed to get as far as the couch. Thank goodness for the Olympics, at least it gives me something to do.

Hubby has gone out for more supplies (read: drugs, fruit and tea, as that's all I'm capable of!) and I'm down here for 5 minutes before I go back to bed.

So, when I recover (which may be never, the way I'm feeling now!) do I go back to week 1 or start up again on week 2?