3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Couch to 5K Challenge - Week 1! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/148204-couch-5k-challenge-week-1-a.html)

Kofarq 08-08-2008 05:52 PM

Asynchronous, I have captured your Precious Sunlight, and am holding it for ransom! Offer me something nice! :devil: Mwa ha ha!
Than you to the kind Kelleigh, who helped me get it from you!:flow2:
Julie J08, you have a great, Positive Attitude!
I did day 2 yesterday, after WW, and I went just before the sun set, and I felt really good afterwards.
Fauxtini, I find that if I run on the treadmill, my ankles feel really tight and stiff, but if I run on the grass and gravel pathways, this does not happen. I don't know about running tracks, I haven't been on one since high school. Does anyone else notice a difference?

mountain mama 08-08-2008 07:12 PM

kofarg- i havnt really noticed that.. but i've only done the treadmill thing once. i'm sure the grass and gravel is much better on the limbs tho. for sure!

JulieJ08 08-08-2008 09:04 PM

I did my walk this morning, 2 miles. Only felt the knee a teeny bit. I think I found a place to run on grass, I'm going to check that out tomorrow. I think I'll try the jogging intervals again maybe Monday, and do less than was called for even in Week 1. Super baby steps. I'm hopeful after a couple weeks of super slow progressing I can pick up the pace again. It's frustrating to be limited by the connective tissues instead of the cardiovascular. But I'm hanging in there. I wanna run :D

Kelleigh 08-09-2008 01:43 PM

I'm a little behind, but I got day 2 of week 1 in this morning. I thought it was harder this time, probably because I pushed myself a little. I did 2 on the treadmill for my walk part again and all but four of my runs were just at 3. That's right, I did four of my run cycles at 4 on my treadmill. Man, the outside of my left calf was burning. What is that?

Asynchronous 08-09-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2307987)
Asynchronous, I have captured your Precious Sunlight, and am holding it for ransom! Offer me something nice! :devil: Mwa ha ha!
Than you to the kind Kelleigh, who helped me get it from you!

You must have, cause the past several days have been overcast and much cooler! *hugs to you*

Week 1 down! Did day 3 today, which means I can rest on sunday and pick up week 2 on monday, so excited about that. My one wish is that I started this plan sooner, there won't be any 5ks near me (that I could go to) to test myself at until april. Ah well, I'll be up to the 5k by then!

BTW I made myself the best after workout shake today- I had some frozen orange juice that I had melted a little bit of honey in to make an ice and some frozen yogurt- Edy's makes one that's actually got live active cultures and everything. So I just mixed up the two, added in some OJ and milk, and it was like an orange julius, so yummy!

mountain mama 08-09-2008 02:49 PM

I did day a fourth day of week one today. I must say.. it's only been a week but I feel stronger already! I love it! Im still panting and heaving but I actualy caught myself thinking.. holy.. i could go longer if i needed to. yaaahooo!! hehe I doubt I will be saying that when I start week 2 on monday.. lol
Anyway.. so glad I started this.. I love feeling powerful and in control of my body!!

mist72 08-09-2008 02:58 PM

I suck!
I totally spaced the challenge. In fact, I haven't done any exercise this week. I'm eating well and still losing lbs, but I've been lazy.
I will staart week 1 on Monday, so I'll be a week behind everyone else, but I will not give up.
Reading all of the posts inspired me! Thank you all!
Misty

JulieJ08 08-09-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mist72 (Post 2308944)
I will staart week 1 on Monday, so I'll be a week behind everyone else, but I will not give up.Misty

I'll be there with you. I mostly only walked this week because of some knee pain. Will try to eaaaaase on into Week 1 next week.

Kofarq 08-09-2008 07:53 PM

I did day 3 today at the gym, because of rain. I got a free 3-day pass. so I better use it.
Asynchronous, I kind of used up all your sunshine yesterday, and um, mine's gone, too. So, I'll have to get back to you on that, and I'm uh, sorry I stole it. It was wrong. So... That's all.

Asynchronous 08-09-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2309262)
Asynchronous, I kind of used up all your sunshine yesterday, and um, mine's gone, too. So, I'll have to get back to you on that, and I'm uh, sorry I stole it. It was wrong.

Lol, well, as long as you know it was a bad thing to do, I suppose I forgive you ;-p

But, if you wanna steal it again, I could prolly turn my head. You know, for old time's sake

Moon Faerie 08-09-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mist72 (Post 2308944)
I will start week 1 on Monday, so I'll be a week behind everyone else

I'm late jumping in, so I'll be starting with you. :)

opimisticchick72 08-09-2008 10:56 PM

Couch to 5K Challenge Week 1

I'm a week behind too, but excited to try it out. I downloaded the podcast onto my iPod tonight...bring on Monday, lol

amy

McKenziesmomma 08-10-2008 07:39 PM

Sorry I haven't been posting like I should...this week has been as crazy as they come! BUT it is over with and I got my 3 days in.....I'm looking forward to week 2 and I would like to do more than 3 days in week two!!

See you ladies tomorrow when I start the week 2 thread!

modcat44 08-11-2008 12:35 AM

Just finished my 3rd day today as well. Looking forward to week 2. I also hope to do more than 3 days/week next week.

Good luck to everyone!

JulieJ08 08-11-2008 10:32 AM

Yay, I did a modified Week 1, Day 1 today, no knee pain :D.
I was just counting, counted 15 for jogging, 45 for walking, I think that's really about 30-45 seconds jogging, 1.5-2min for walking. Anyway, it was 2 miles in roughly 31 minutes, including warmup/cooldown. Got in 7 cycles of the jog/walk sets. Got to see if I can get the podcast, I think my timing may be way off. But I'm excited that I could jog again.